Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

There were several points where I thought JR and Lawler were gonna brawl. JR took no poo poo and I loved it.

What I always loved about Heyman is that he'd antagonize the everloving gently caress out JR, but less with being a silly horny jackass and more with looking at the actions of heels in a logical way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

david carmichael posted:

I might still have it at home but "tony.mp3" is just a collection of stevie ray saying "let me axe you something tony" and it is beautiful.

please, I don't ask for much

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wish I still had the Stevie Ray remixes that GH and Joe did back in the day.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My Stevie-Ray WCW story is when they did a tour of Australia, my brother and I went to the Melbourne show at Rod Laver. I had a sign saying "Goldberg 3:16" and "Norman Smiley", coz they were the wrestlers I liked at the time.

Anyway, whoever the ring announcer chick is was in the ring and to suck up to the locals was trying to get an "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi" chant going but somehow just could not get her head around it. Stevie ray was next to her rolling his eyes and laughing at her stupidity.

Also on that tour, Jericho was a heel so the crowd was chanting "Jericho's a wanker" at him, to which he turned around and replied "I don't even know what a wanker is." Man Jericho was great in WCW, (unrelated but I loved him going to the library of congress to get obscure legalese rules to help him keep the TV championship)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

My Stevie-Ray WCW story is when they did a tour of Australia, my brother and I went to the Melbourne show at Rod Laver. I had a sign saying "Goldberg 3:16" and "Norman Smiley", coz they were the wrestlers I liked at the time.

Anyway, whoever the ring announcer chick is was in the ring and to suck up to the locals was trying to get an "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi" chant going but somehow just could not get her head around it. Stevie ray was next to her rolling his eyes and laughing at her stupidity.

Also on that tour, Jericho was a heel so the crowd was chanting "Jericho's a wanker" at him, to which he turned around and replied "I don't even know what a wanker is." Man Jericho was great in WCW, (unrelated but I loved him going to the library of congress to get obscure legalese rules to help him keep the TV championship)

I think you might have some memories mixed up. WCW toured Australia in 2000, I don't think they ever went there during Jericho's run. I might be wrong, but given your signs I'm betting you are mixing up memories of the 2000 tour and seeing Jericho on a WWE show.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I actually have seen that Jericho thing. It was on some big Australian show in Melbourne that ended up being televised as a special Smackdown or something - maybe only locally? The Global Warning Tour? It opened with Rikishi squashing somebody then dancing with Stephanie.

Edit: Australian-only PPV. http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/WWE_Global_Warning

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MassRafTer posted:

I think you might have some memories mixed up. WCW toured Australia in 2000, I don't think they ever went there during Jericho's run. I might be wrong, but given your signs I'm betting you are mixing up memories of the 2000 tour and seeing Jericho on a WWE show.

Yeah, I guess I am misremembering. I distinctly remember Chee Quee being in a match, (and horrifically injuring himself), and Chee Quee wasn't around for that long so that should help date it if you want to get specific.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What I always loved about Heyman is that he'd antagonize the everloving gently caress out JR, but less with being a silly horny jackass and more with looking at the actions of heels in a logical way.

Heyman was at his best when he didn't have an agenda--he was kind of hard to listen to at the Survivor Series where the Invasion angle wrapped up, but usually he was solid. Like a more abrasive Heenan.

Mr. Perfect was actually pretty good at the desk; he served as color man on a few PPVs, and only had one bad show. Like a slightly toned-down Jesse Ventura. Roddy Piper was disappointing as a color man, as was Ted DiBiase (who was kind of bland.)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DoctorDelaware posted:

Heyman was at his best when he didn't have an agenda--he was kind of hard to listen to at the Survivor Series where the Invasion angle wrapped up, but usually he was solid.

Whaaaat? Heyman's gloating over the Fall of the House of Vince was one of the best parts of that match. That level of direct antagonism and doomsaying is what the entire invasion should have been about, especially after ECW joined in.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MassRafTer posted:

I wish I still had the Stevie Ray remixes that GH and Joe did back in the day.

I wish I had pretty much everything GH and Joe did back in the day. I have no clue if it holds up but I remember their Monday night recaps being hilarious.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

MassRafTer posted:

Wrestling Hugh Morrus. Life is pain.

Poor Alex Wright, destined to wrestle the sluggiest of slugs. And Paul Roma.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Does anyone have that clip of the nWo vehicular crimes?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

Does anyone have that clip of the nWo vehicular crimes?

A classic moment in WCW history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqSjUt1aRE

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

God, why does this remind me of video footage that eventually gets played at someone's criminal trial?

Also searching for "nwo car crimes" on YouTube returns some.....interesting results that are in no way related to wrestling.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 29, 2014

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

How about a clip of Sting and Lex Luger stealing a cop car to chase after the NWO limo? This was amazing and my 45 seconds of googling brought up nothing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The real Observer news of the day comes from the 11-25-96 issue.

Calling oatgan:

quote:

The reason Raye "Zap" Hollitt was in the Males corner on the 10/25 show in San Jose is because Hollitt co-stars with Bagwell in the movie "Day of the Warrior."

quote:

Here's a list of the 60 men in the Battle Royal for 11/24 PPV in Norfolk: Tony Rumble (a promoter in New England who books Kevin Sullivan on indies all the time), Luger, Arn Anderson, Benoit, Page, Steve McMichael, Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Jim Powers, Jarrett, Malenko, Konnan, Bubba, Harlem Heat, French Canadians, Jack Boot (Dwayne Bruce), American Males, Steve Regal, Guerrera, Morrus, Ron Studd, Roadblock, Parka, David Taylor, Disco Inferno, Jim Duggan, Eaton, Meng, Barbarian, Joe Gomez, Sullivan, High Voltage, Ice Train, Prince Iaukea, Grunge, Renegade, Mike Enos, Luscious Luther (?), Bunkhouse Buck, M. Wallstreet, Alex Wright, Mark Starr, Ciclope, Galaxy, Super Calo (who probably can't work as he won't be cleared until 12/11), Felino (who definitely won't be there), Jimmy Graffiti, Misterio Jr., Dragon, Scott Norton, the almost late Craig Pittman, J.L., Buck (I know he's listed already but he must be one great wrestler to be two different people in the same Battle Royal), Mike Wenner, Vic Steamboat and Kevin Nash. No Giant or Sting among others, despite all weekend Sting being advertised as being in it. They added Canadians vs. Heat and if Heat wins, Sherri gets five minutes with Rob Parker to the PPV show and Piper will show up to sign for the match with Hogan at Starrcade.

From the Up North section:

quote:

There were talks with Randy Savage. Apparently the two sides were far apart on terms and no talks are going on any longer. The feeling is that Titan is so fearful of raids that they only want guys that they sign for three to five-year contracts and the feeling is that Savage may help in the short run because of his name, his guarantee would be so high and they wouldn't want him on top for long so it makes no sense to sign him long-term, but they don't want him on TV for one year and then have him go back to WCW when the deal is up either.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

please, I don't ask for much
I GIVE YOU: TONY http://picosong.com/YPNj

Red
Apr 15, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

The reason Raye "Zap" Hollitt was in the Males corner on the 10/25 show in San Jose is because Hollitt co-stars with Bagwell in the movie "Day of the Warrior."

If you ever think you want to watch "Day of the Warrior", don't. Just don't.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Red posted:

If you ever think you want to watch "Day of the Warrior", don't. Just don't.

LIAR It is amazing. You have Buff dressed as an indian killing people. The acting is also something that needs to be seen.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

LIAR It is amazing. You have Buff dressed as an indian killing people. The acting is also something that needs to be seen.

Some friends and I rented it, and expected to laugh and look at boobs and stuff, but I think I fell asleep, and we turned it off during the wrestling match parts near the end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Red posted:

Some friends and I rented it, and expected to laugh and look at boobs and stuff, but I think I fell asleep, and we turned it off during the wrestling match parts near the end.

We watched it a couple of time in synchtube and it was a hit everytime. The holy grail right now is Shutter Speed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Shutter Speed the one with Sting and Daisy Fuentes?

I remember staying up to watch First Daughter with Diamond Dallas Page as an Australian terrorist.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

Is Shutter Speed the one with Sting and Daisy Fuentes?

I remember staying up to watch First Daughter with Diamond Dallas Page as an Australian terrorist.

Yes Shutter Speed is the movie with Sting. When we were rewatching the death spiral of WCW their were ads for it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's another Sting movie called the Real Reason Men Commit Crimes (romantic comedy), never been able to find it though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did anybody ever find a copy of Assault on Devil's Island? I kinda don't really believe it's actually real.

Edit: This is literally the only review I could find for it, and it (the review) was made 14 years ago:

quote:

This movie's not great but passable I guess. Caught in on cable on late night AXN. I saw the trailer & there was a babe in it so I decided to try it & didn't regret it. The action's ok but Shannon Tweed was absolutely hot! The hottest was in the beginning of the movie when she wrapped her legs around a guy & crushed the air out of him. That was even hotter than Famke Jennson in Golden Eye!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Here it is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160744/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oh my god this was a GH and Joe creation, you remain the best poster on this forum and Jake Shields is the best fighter. This is going in the OP.

Jerusalem posted:

Did anybody ever find a copy of Assault on Devil's Island? I kinda don't really believe it's actually real.

Edit: This is literally the only review I could find for it, and it (the review) was made 14 years ago:

We watched it last Thursday. On youtube it is marked as "Shadow Warriors II" despite being made first and directly setting up the "Shadow Warriors" company that Hogan and crew establish and work as in the second.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
GH and Joe were amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

We watched it last Thursday.

B... but I didn't watch last Thursday :negative:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

B... but I didn't watch last Thursday :negative:

Aww, I'm sure we'll play it again.

As soon as you find us Shutter Speed!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Aww, I'm sure we'll play it again.

As soon as you find us Shutter Speed!

quote:

When you take Eric Bischoff's innovative genius for crafting original and intelligent plots, add to it Steve "Sting" Borden's dynamic and riveting personality(as well as his limitless array of acting and physical skills), combine the two and sprinkle liberally with unsurpassed production values and you get the pinnacle of made-for-TV wrestledrama cop films... Shutterspeed. This magnificent rampaging beast of a film never ceases to amaze, zigging when you expect it to zag. And when you expect it to zig, it punches you right in the brain. My only regret in watching this film is that I didn't die first, so that I could say that I came back from the dead to watch Steve "Sting" Borden turn in the best ever portrayal of a renegade cop by a reanimated mannequin. That's mostly true, my only regret really is that I didn't die first.

quote:

This is possibly the finest movie I have ever seen, the fact that Steve 'sting' Borden did not win some kind of award for his performance as no nonsense, maverick yet sensitive cop, Riley is an absolute disgrace that can only be explained by bribery and corruption. Mr Borden's performance was tender, yet explosive. A performance that Olivier often promised but never delivered. The screenplay crackled with unresolved tension of both a sexual and asexual nature. The action scenes fizzed and exploded off the screen. The plot was woven like a spiders web, but a spiders web of intrigue. Hopefully there will be more adventures of hard nosed detective Riley to come, if not then catch this one soon. Watch it or forever more be a chump!

Sometimes the internet is a wonderful place. :)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Sometimes the internet is a wonderful place. :)

You do realize it's almost entirely certain that someone from here wrote those.

Or maybe Lex Luger.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Oh, drat. I got rid of this a few years ago, but I had bought the DVD from BJ's for a dollar forever ago. It came in a long jewel case, too, which you rarely see for DVDs.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"unresolved tension of both a sexual and asexual nature" is worthy of poetry.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tuesday Night at 8 PM: SUPERBRAWL VII

In the main event, Roddy Piper will exit Alcatraz and challenge Hollywood Hulk Hogan for the WCW World Title. Piper put Hogan to sleep at Starrcade, can he do it again? As everyone knows, Piper is the WCW Champion in WCW/nWo Revenge!

The nWo broke Lex Luger's forearm, but he has vowed to team with The Giant to face the Outsiders for the tag team titles now that the Steiners were put out of action in a minor fender bender:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqSjUt1aRE

Chris Benoit takes on Kevin Sullivan in a San Francisco Death match. Will Jackie help the Taskmaster slay the vanilla midget?

Jeff Jarrett takes on Mongo, if Jarrett wins he becomes a Horseman!

In a Triple Threat match, Harlem Heat take on the Public Enemy and the Faces of Fear!

Eddy Guerrero defends his US title against Chris Jericho!

Dean Malenko defends his cruiserweight title against Syxx!

Prince Acka-macky defends the TV title against Rey Mysterio Jr!

AND SO MUCH MORE!

Tune in at 8 PM for Superbrawl, and come a bit earlier to watch Cowboy Who? Oh and TNA is on after if you want to see the aftermath of the return of Lex Luger to TNA.

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Every time I remember the Alcatraz thing, all I can think of is Piper yelling "I'm gonna let my fists go in San Francisco!" which is a line my friends and I still laugh about to this day

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Both of those tag matches have a high chance of being lovely.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"Jeff Jarrett takes on Mongo, if Jarrett wins he becomes a Horseman!"

Talk about a lose/lose for Flair. Poor guy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I've been watching WCW from 2000. At the end of one Nitro, someone hits the ring wearing a Sting mask. The announcers are like "WHO'S IN THE MASK?!" like it's an angle, but then he takes off the mask and it's just some fan apparently because the ref tackles him and he's never heard from again.

At the next PPV, Russo hits the ring wearing a Sting mask and interferes in a match. I wonder if he got the idea from that random fan? Or if the fan was a plant to tease the idea?

Also, Ric Flair started his feud with his son David. Hilariously, Ric told David that he didn't want to fight him, and he could call up Vince so David could be on the next Raw and "be a big star"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Russo stopped telling the announcers what was going on, because he thought that they kept on ruining his angles, so when they responded to the fan in the Sting mask they honestly had no idea if it was supposed to be part of the show or not.

Russo then turned it into an angle after the event.