Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
I put a $200 free bet on Yoel and TJ as a multi which returned $192 (didn't get to keep the stake). I've now cashed out $100 and put the $92 on Costas for the win.

I am preparing for a mixed day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

turntabler posted:

I put a $200 free bet on Yoel and TJ as a multi which returned $192 (didn't get to keep the stake). I've now cashed out $100 and put the $92 on Costas for the win.

Yep

outy
Aug 27, 2004

MrSmokes posted:

Brenneman at -170 is the best bet on the card, bet the house on him. I've watched tape on his opponent Beneil Dairush and he really doesn't look all that great. Undefeated at 6-0, but has only fought one guy with a winning record, and that guy was 3-2. I think Brenneman's just way too much for him, especially now that he's dropped to his proper weight class, and I don't get why the line's as close as it is.

I don't blame you because I lost money on this fight. I'm a big boy, I can make my own decisions. I'm just going to call you a oval office and leave it at that.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Every couple of months, if I have a semi-decent run of predictions under my belt, I get the idea that I should put down like :10bux: on a fight, or a parlay or whatever. I want to thank this thread for dissuading me of that thought with such hilarious evidence.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

LobsterMobster posted:

Every couple of months, if I have a semi-decent run of predictions under my belt, I get the idea that I should put down like :10bux: on a fight, or a parlay or whatever. I want to thank this thread for dissuading me of that thought with such hilarious evidence.

I just bet on Weidman both times against Silva. That ship has sailed though...

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Due to the way he won both fights, I reckon there's still money to be made on Weidman.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

outy posted:

Due to the way he won both fights, I reckon there's still money to be made on Weidman.

If through some impossible weirdness their next fight would be Wideman Silva 3 Weidman would be the underdog again probably.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

turntabler posted:

So apparently the deal was I that I have to turn over my $200 free bet 3 times before cashing it out, and I just cashed out some of my existing money I had in the account. So now I have about $390 I need to turn over twice more before I can get my filthy hands on it. Add to this I have been laid off from my high paying job that allowed me to make retarded MMA bets on the reg.

Is anyone putting bets on for tomorrow? My site has Cerrone at +147 which I'm considering.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Dont bet on cerrone unless you know the other guy sucks

outy
Aug 27, 2004

turntabler posted:

So apparently the deal was I that I have to turn over my $200 free bet 3 times before cashing it out, and I just cashed out some of my existing money I had in the account. So now I have about $390 I need to turn over twice more before I can get my filthy hands on it. Add to this I have been laid off from my high paying job that allowed me to make retarded MMA bets on the reg.

Is anyone putting bets on for tomorrow? My site has Cerrone at +147 which I'm considering.

Are you sure? He's -200 everywhere I can find. His opponent is about +150.
If you've not hosed up, then your bookie has, so bet your savings on Cowboy and lay it off somewhere else for a win-win.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/adriano-martins-v-donald-cerrone/winner

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

outy posted:

Are you sure? He's -200 everywhere I can find. His opponent is about +150.
If you've not hosed up, then your bookie has, so bet your savings on Cowboy and lay it off somewhere else for a win-win.

Yeah I totally hosed that, he is at -200 ($1.47 on oz betting sites). Obviously trying to make gambling picks at 4 am with my savings is a good financial move.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Hooray for bored betting while waiting at the airport. Also for hype trains and severely underrated fighters

Single #331280670

Mixed Martial Arts (Game) Moneyline

Both must Fight for Action

UFC on Fox 10 - United Center - Chicago, Illinois

(2017) Alex "Bruce Leeroy" Caceres +170 Jan 25/14@04:30p

Final Scores

Sergio "The Phenom" Pettis 0

Alex "Bruce Leeroy" Caceres 1

Outcome: Win

Date settled: Jan 25, 2014 04:55:44 PM

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Is there anywhere that logs the odds for fights? I'm looking for the history of the "official" fight odds that UFC shows on the fighters' graphic (that shows name, weight, "fighting out of", etc).

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

Is there anywhere that logs the odds for fights? I'm looking for the history of the "official" fight odds that UFC shows on the fighters' graphic (that shows name, weight, "fighting out of", etc).

Not sure about the "official" odds but http://bestfightodds.com/archive has a pretty good archive.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
$380 on Aldo - barao - overeem.

Let's get the laughs going in this thread again people.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Why even bet on favourites

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

niethan posted:

Usually, to hedge on your underdog bets.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

niethan posted:

Sometimes because there is value in the bet.

When it is in the form of a parlay, it is because the bettor is a coward and will be punished by the the dark god gamblor.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
there's some value in linneker as the underdog, but betting against someone from dagestan...

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Marching Powder posted:

there's some value in linneker as the underdog, but betting against someone from dagestan...

See if there is a prop bet of what Lineker will weigh in at. My guess would be 127.5 or more.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

turntabler posted:

duck - duck - goose

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

turntabler posted:

I have been laid off from my high paying job that allowed me to make retarded MMA bets on the reg.

Good God I feel you pain here.

But take my advice and become a money hoarder until something bigger than an unemployment check is on the horizon.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bundt Cake posted:

duck - duck - goose

hahaha

got a good deal with my betting site. 4 fight parlay; money back if you only lose 1 leg.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

hahaha

got a good deal with my betting site. 4 fight parlay; money back if you only lose 1 leg.

And they dont distinguish as to which fight, just any 1 of the fights? thats pretty sweet

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

And they dont distinguish as to which fight, just any 1 of the fights? thats pretty sweet

yeah as long as it's on the 169 card. it's a really good deal i've got several on.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Marching Powder posted:

yeah as long as it's on the 169 card. it's a really good deal i've got several on.

please post what you bet, please

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
like i would bet the absolute poo poo out of that if i haven't read this thread in its entirety

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

turntabler posted:

Same, but not with any where near that amount.

I'm going against my system

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

willie_dee posted:

Same, but not with any where near that amount.

I just hedged mine with a bet on Faber to make my initial stake back. Please don't miraculously finish aldo in the last 2 mins lamas.

Edit - just realized they will definitely draw now.

turntabler fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 2, 2014

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Good bet! 3 heavy faves, I was only uncertain beyond a punchers chance with Overeem who did very well

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

willie_dee posted:

Go on.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

turntabler posted:

nice

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

It's completely fool proof and I think I've posted about it before.

I bet x amount of my stake on a fighter who I think is going to win but I don't like, where x is proportional to how much I'll enjoy the other guy winning. So say Jon Jones (who I dislike) fights GSP (who I like), I think Jon Jones will win even though I don't want him to, so I put x money on him knowing that if I lose it, my happiness that GSP just heat him up will cover my losses and I won't mind having lost the money.

I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense I'm really tired after tonight

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

turntabler posted:

How much did you end up winning?

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Belle Isle Tech posted:

How much did you end up winning?

$785.84.... It was from a $200 free bet that I had to turn over 3 times before I can withdraw it.

One to go.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

turntabler posted:

$785.84.... It was from a $200 free bet that I had to turn over 3 times before I can withdraw it.

One to go.

$780 win or $780 return for a $400 win?
What's your last bet going to be?

outy
Aug 27, 2004

By the way, if you still have $200 to bet before you can withdraw, put 40 x $5 bets on a bunch of soccer games. Just bet on the home win, you'll win a few and lose a few but maximise your return for a reduced risk.
Alternatively, put everything on a Rousey/DC double.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

outy posted:

By the way, if you still have $200 to bet before you can withdraw, put 40 x $5 bets on a bunch of soccer games. Just bet on the home win, you'll win a few and lose a few but maximise your return for a reduced risk.
Alternatively, put everything on a Rousey/DC double.

I'm personally really sketchy on placing money on the shad /dc fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

outy posted:

$780 win or $780 return for a $400 win?
What's your last bet going to be?

I have $780 total. My first bet was 200 and the next was 390. So I'm gonna read the fine print as to whether I just have to turn over the initial stake 3 times or the total winnings 3 times....