Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I set the league up for drop scoring one year and I don't know if it was well liked. We haven't done it since then.

E: also I'm in as rusty Wallace trombone

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm in as It's Fun To Stay In Q1 until I find a better name.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

In as AustinDillon3LegacyRIPdale (because I'm terrible)

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

In as I'd Rather Have Dicknoses.

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007
Gas In My Veins, MCHM In My Cup

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

In as RIP NASCAR 1/30/2014, but I need something better than that.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

NASCAR's Credibility

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Clint Bowyer's Sore Arm. Been waiting to use that since September.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
In as Talladega Flight School.

Also, Bowyer had an itchy arm and needed to scratch it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

In as Truex's Mai-Tai Party (for now)

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
In as Brian France's coke addiction.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

in as Dick Trickle's Gun Safety 101

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Quantrill posted:

in as Dick Trickle's Gun Safety 101

:drat:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Brian Vickers has been medically cleared to drive in 2014.

VikingSkull posted:

In as Talladega Flight School.

Also, Bowyer had an itchy arm and needed to scratch it.

I wondered why that didn't sound right.

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?

Cygni posted:

In as Truex's Mai-Tai Party (for now)

Curses.

In as The Landon Cassill Experience (as The Truex 3-Martini Pitstop might have led to too many "Drunk Truex" teams a la last year's Danica this and Danica that)

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

I'm No Passing Allowed.

Why the hell are Gilliland and Ragan B-listers? Mears too

Jack-in-the-Bach fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 30, 2014

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

lammo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:effort:

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Yeah that sucks. Looks like the C list will once again be a desert of start 'n parkers. At least Austin Dillon is on the C list but after 9 races using him its Danica, a start 'n park or a one off entry from somebody like Michael Waltrip or Ron Fellows or something.

The B list has a lot of options though which is nice. Best looking B group in a couple years I'd say.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ONE SHINING MOMMMMENNNNNNNNT!!!!!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Burn it down. :getin:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wooo

I don't quite understand why NASCAR has yet to consider maybe making these drastic changes to their lower series to see if they work there first.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Joe Nemechek to MWR for the races Jeff Burton and Michael Waltrip don't run.

Yes, Front Row Joe.

I can't tell if since Jay Robinson is involved that this will be like TBR/SHR a couple years ago with the 10 or not.

Boy, that looks an awful like...dare I say it...a bracket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXDNlI7yreo

Kyle Busch also said something like a win in each of the first three rounds guarantees a berth in the next round.

kidcoelacanth posted:

wooo

I don't quite understand why NASCAR has yet to consider maybe making these drastic changes to their lower series to see if they work there first.

This assumes Brian France has common sense. Though, it is a good point, seeing as all the other sports he wants to emulate try stuff in the minors first.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It's as if indycar, NASCAR, and F1 got together and decided to bet on who can out-stupid the rest.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Whoever wins, we all lose.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Jeff Gluck gonna get fired.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

L_Harrison posted:

Whoever wins, we all lose.

Ok, who would be the worst possible Final Four in terms of people we don't want to win?

I'm taking Kenseth, Biffle, Jimmiebot, and Kyle. :shepicide:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So whoever wins the title is the best-finishing driver in one race. That is some premiere bullshit.

Fix the goddamn cars first. It's like if someone breaks a leg and then goes to the doctor, but the doctor gives him a cast for his arm instead. :nascarlogic:

Jenna Fryer posted:

Confirmed: Under this format, Dale Earnhardt Jr. would have won the 2013 Sprint Cup title.

Now I understand.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 30, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The National Weather Service has issued a Shitstorm Warning for: America. Effective until: The Apocalypse. Shitstorm conditions are rapidly developing following this news:

quote:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 3m

Confirmed: Under this format, Dale Earnhardt Jr. would have won the 2013 Sprint Cup title.

Conditions will include redneck rage and poo poo hitting fans.

e- Beaten. So here's Harry Gant, three time Winston Cup Champion:

http://nascarnomics.com/appendix-points/

PoppingFresh
Aug 18, 2004

It must be the shoes...
In again as Official Fantasy Team O Nascar.

gently caress nascar….that is all.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Will dumb nascar fans realize that it's probably a coincidence?

No, of course not.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's as much coincidence as the RoTY eligibility changing in time for Danica Patrick's rookie season.

quote:

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 11m
.@odsteve says his message to you is this: "Give this a chance, bc this is still the sport you love. This elevates the sport you love."

These are the Chase changes you're looking for.

These are the changes we're looking for, guys. The Jedi Wizard at NASCAR said so. Move along.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

kidcoelacanth posted:

wooo

Would Nationwide ever reach 16 (or even 10) eligible winners?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Gordon would've won the 2000 championship under this guise... oh my loving god, what the hell... :psyduck:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ellspurs posted:

10? 4 would have been eligible last year.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Despite my 35th place finish (and I tried every week), I am back in SASCAR Cup as Daft Podunk.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ellspurs posted:

Now I want to see it in NNS because they would all but have to ban Buschwackers, unless they made it like the Dash4Cash, in which mediocrity is rewarded.

quote:

Motor Racing Network ‏@MRNRadio 55m
"The casual fan doest understand points racing and this clears all that & puts more emphasis on winning" - #NASCAR Brian France. #AskMRN

I'm sure casual NFL fans don't understand the playoff system, yet still watch.

BMB5150 posted:

Gordon would've won the 2000 championship under this guise... oh my loving god, what the hell... :psyduck:

That was the first year where Jeff Gordon was irrelevant most of the season. I think he finished 9th in points and "only" won three races. Wow.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I really hope whoever wins the Daytona 500 does the bare minimum to stay in the top 30 in points then somehow wins the championship. Where is the reward for consistency? We all want wins to matter more but where is the reward for being like 5th in points all year? If I understand this correctly you could be high up in the points with no wins and if 16 drivers have wins, though highly unlikely, the guy in 5th would be out?

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
I can't believe it. They did it. :ughh:

In honor of this horrible decision, I changed my fantasy NASCAR name to The Chase Grid

bigbillystyle posted:

I really hope whoever wins the Daytona 500 does the bare minimum to stay in the top 30 in points then somehow wins the championship. Where is the reward for consistency? We all want wins to matter more but where is the reward for being like 5th in points all year? If I understand this correctly you could be high up in the points with no wins and if 16 drivers have wins, though highly unlikely, the guy in 5th would be out?

Trevor Bayne: Cup Champion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

In as Hashtag LASTCAR. :getin:

Wow that's dumb. I seriously don't understand what NASCAR's thinking.

• Locked thread