Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumper
Apr 18, 2007
I don't know guys, that shirt with Tom's face and the seatbelt quote taken out of context works as pretty interesting pop art for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

They are also selling stylish phone cases.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Thumper posted:

I don't know guys, that shirt with Tom's face and the seatbelt quote taken out of context works as pretty interesting pop art for me.

If it was blown up to be the entire shirt I would so buy it.

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

If it was blown up to be the entire shirt I would so buy it.

LB, get on that. You could be rich beyond your wildest dreams. You'll be measuring your wealth in petadollars.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's a trick, he's calling you a pedophile

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Yeah I'd wear this at the gym fuckin' pumping hard irons and poo poo

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Georgia Peach posted:

They are also selling stylish phone cases.

Rob is the loving best.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
TGT's crisp art style looks really good on things.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

smilingfish posted:

As bad as it is that they are taking money from Lazerbot, I genuinely want this shirt.

I don't know anything about copyright laws etc but wouldn't the people being "wronged" here be the actual character owners like Disney/Nintendo etc, not Lazerbot?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lot 49 posted:

I don't know anything about copyright laws etc but wouldn't the people being "wronged" here be the actual character owners like Disney/Nintendo etc, not Lazerbot?

Technically, the people selling these stuff infringe on both Disney/Nintendo/etc.'s copyright and Lazerbot's copyright. And Lazerbot infringes on Disney/Nintendo/etc.'s copyright.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Cat Mattress posted:

Technically, the people selling these stuff infringe on both Disney/Nintendo/etc.'s copyright and Lazerbot's copyright. And Lazerbot infringes on Disney/Nintendo/etc.'s copyright.

I think you could make the argument that LB's work is a parody, kind of like Death Ray's Weapon Brown series.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Georgia Peach posted:

I think you could make the argument that LB's work is a parody, kind of like Death Ray's Weapon Brown series.

Yeah, it's only a problem if you're making money on it. I'm not sure it's even parody since it's literally the same characters. Parody covers things like Weird Al or Venture Brothers, who are allowed to make money off what they do.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

As an Anonymous libertarian Internet troll wearing three Guy Fawkes masks simultaneously right now, I am very much interested in this 'super double copyright infringement' thing.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zenzirouj posted:

Yeah, it's only a problem if you're making money on it. I'm not sure it's even parody since it's literally the same characters. Parody covers things like Weird Al or Venture Brothers, who are allowed to make money off what they do.

If using other people's characters to make jokes was a violation of copyright wouldn't Family Guy have been sued into oblivion after one episode?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Defiance Industries posted:

If using other people's characters to make jokes was a violation of copyright wouldn't Family Guy have been sued into oblivion after one episode?

Family Guy gets away with it because of Fair Use.

Optimus Prime shows up for a single cut away gag that last 10 seconds. He is not one of the main characters that appears in half of the episodes.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Lazy-B has a right to his original characters so Troll King and Rob are perfectly okay to slap on things. troll face is gray area, as I don't think the original troll face was ever copyrighted, and the character is pretty unique- kind of like how mike Meyers wears a painted William Shatner mask.

All the wonderful trolls he comes up with are his, too. Underbite Troll Gaiden is clear for merchandising :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Literally Kermit posted:

I don't think the original troll face was ever copyrighted

Copyright is automatic. Everything you create is copyrighted. Even posts on a web forum like this one. However, if you want to be able to sue for infringement, you need to do additional steps to register your copyright. Which, it turns out, were actually taken in the case of trollface.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Cat Mattress posted:

Copyright is automatic. Everything you create is copyrighted. Even posts on a web forum like this one. However, if you want to be able to sue for infringement, you need to do additional steps to register your copyright. Which, it turns out, were actually taken in the case of trollface.

Learn something new e'erday! :eng101:

Edit: In a case like this, I would probably give trollface rights to Lazerbot no questions asked. I still pity the lawyers who are tasked with enforcing things like Pac-man and the like because I'm pretty sure their respective owners are obligated to, but I'm not a copyright lawyer, and I may be mixing up trademarks.

Still pretty interesting, if sometimes dry, reading material.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 29, 2014

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Lazerbot posted:

Demaro And Coyote

Demaro is known as the satanic necromancer known pretty well by the TGT (Tails gets trolled comic) he is determine to be the great neutral (you must be a neutral to control corpses) That means they must control there emotions to a neutral state to control the dead. its also told that if the head is disconnected from the corpse it cannot be used, to fully understand and use the body to its fullest potential you must eat some of the brains of the corpse to know all its knowledge, and all its memories.
Coyote is originally from the classical cartoon looney tunes, but is a master prodigy neutral that is one of the good guys who wants piece, Demaro is obsessed with proving that he is the best neutral necromancer which eventually leads them to battle each other. they can also control legendary monsters that are called guardians that aren't dead or living.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Coyote is a good guy who wants piece... but a piece of WHAT?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Blackheart posted:

Coyote is a good guy who wants piece... but a piece of WHAT?

Demaro, judging by that look he's giving him

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Pretty cool fan art that I just saw on LB's Facebook. I don't think it's shown up in this thread before.

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

I don't know what the hell is going on with my commissioned LB fanart. I got a fedex shipping number a week ago and fedex still claims not to know it exists.

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

Holy poo poo. I got home and it was on my doorstop.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Nice giant loving picture, you talentless fox

edit: poo poo, I failed

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Sam Logan reads Tails Gets Trolled? Holy poo poo.

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

SnowblindFatal posted:

Sam Logan reads Tails Gets Trolled? Holy poo poo.

Well I asked him to draw this scene and linked him to the image. So at least he's seen that one panel.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Mathhole posted:

Well I asked him to draw this scene and linked him to the image. So at least he's seen that one panel.

Oh, hahah, for some reason I didn't link those two posts you made together. Like they were made by different persons. :D

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He "fixed" the grammar :saddowns:

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

LazerBot posted:

kermit is originally from the TV show the muppets but on tails gets trolled his story goes a bit differently. him and his friends are invited to a troll party after there TV show becomes big, the trolls treat them nicely, build them up and then decide to troll them. to there surprise kermit and the gang have no clue how to react so they find it fun and interesting and begin doing it themselves. they figure it out as they go on. the muppets then get obsessed with increasing there skills by looking for harder foes to troll and crush, someone in a chat room convinces them that trolling another troll is bigger and much more challenging so the muppets turn on each other. and push each other over the edge to levels of broken spirits, suicide, running away, and of course losing there minds.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It will always be my favorite aspect of TGT lore. Also you forget the picture LB made.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Kermit resembles the SA frog here.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I still refuse to believe that Statler and Waldorf wouldn't emerge the victors of a trolling competition between Muppets.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

FadingChord posted:

I still refuse to believe that Statler and Waldorf wouldn't emerge the victors of a trolling competition between Muppets.

They trolled so hard, that they ascended to a higher plane of existence.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FadingChord posted:

They did at first, but then they turned on each other and the result wasn't pretty.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Woah weird seeing sam's stuff here I know the guy he's like my buddy's best friend. Ahaha what a weird commission.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Vogon Poet posted:

Pretty cool fan art that I just saw on LB's Facebook. I don't think it's shown up in this thread before.

i want this framed on my wall.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Oh man this kid's thoughts. At least we know he's not an engineer now (or a philosopher, really).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Was wondering what you were talking about, so I went and checked his facebook page and welp

lazerbot posted:

funny known fact, society acts like they care with seat belts but have yet started putting them in school buses where children are all piled up and clustered.

lazerbot posted:

sure there is, if they really cared about safety then would of put seat belts in the buses, you are aware of some of the school bus crashes that have happened and most to all the kids have died in the buses because of not having seat belts? because there are many cases. so i come to the conclusion they don't actually give a gently caress about safety