Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Jax-Guy1 posted:

Abed and Rachel were watching Rick and Morty at the end, lol.

Man, missed that. Anyone got a screenshot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I love that Abed called Britta out on the spoiler thing. It's not my fault you're watching a show that aired three years ago! I'm not going to spoiler alert anything. I'm talking to you, people watching Breaking Bad for the first time.

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011

Klungar posted:

Man, missed that. Anyone got a screenshot?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Hahaha Troy & Lavar's adventures are going to be a season-wide background joke.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

rawdog pozfail posted:

Hahaha Troy & Lavar's adventures are going to be a season-wide background joke.

I hope so.

This was one of the best episodes all season.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Community: ACB (Always Cast Bries)
(Both Brie Larson and Alison Brie)

This one reminded me of season 1 in certain ways. Really enjoyed this episode.

bowser fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 31, 2014

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
The whole Bear Down/Fat Dog plot honestly wasn't anything special but I can't figure out why I think its so loving funny.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I didnt get it till the end that the fat dogs were just the bears with dog ears. Thats classic

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

Quandary posted:

The whole Bear Down/Fat Dog plot honestly wasn't anything special but I can't figure out why I think its so loving funny.

It was the funniest plotline of the season. The climax just being Garret screaming "IT'S A BEAR DANCE!" was amazing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

Wow, that got Sorkiny.

I totally lost it at that line.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, another home run.

I'm looking at some of the stuff on Hickey's bulletin board. Apart from the Ripper case clippings, it looks like there's a divorce decree there (at least there's some stuff about child support, plaintiff: "Mrs. Hickey") above a restraining order. Also, Hickey is overdrawn from "Boogatron Multifinancial" and his comic strip was rejected for syndication by "Boogatron Publishing".

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I really liked this one so it's no shock that a bunch of you didn't like this because it wasn't a giant pop culture set piece episode.

Jokes are good. I like it when there's jokes in Community.

Also I hope this isn't the last we see of Brie Larson because :3:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

1st AD posted:

I really liked this one so it's no shock that a bunch of you didn't like this because it wasn't a giant pop culture set piece episode.

This was a really good episode. The only part I liked about the lava episode was Troy saying good bye. I'm really hoping they don't do anymore gimmick episodes. They're just tired and over played by now.

"EVERYTHING!"

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Volume posted:

I'm really hoping they don't do anymore gimmick episodes. They're just tired and over played by now.

I think we have at least one more coming this season, guaranteed.

Based on Stardoz in the pre-season trailer.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

1st AD posted:

Because this episode didn't have any pop culture references at all... I mean if I wanted to watch simple sitcoms, I can watch the many that are available. The entire plot of Annie/Hickey was near identical to Leslie/Ann in Parks and Rec. I just prefer to watch something that hasn't been done, and likes to toy with the sitcom tropes and stereotypes. Although, even Community when doing it safe still has some great lines. But yes bring on the "gimmick" episodes.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Between this and Kumail Nanjiani, this is the closest brush Community will have with high ratings all season!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
The Law & Order episode was PERFECT. I'm not saying I want another Law & Order episode, and I'm not saying every gimmick episode is good..

But when they get it right, they really get it right.

Don't fear the gimmicks, friends.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Death By The Blues posted:

Because this episode didn't have any pop culture references at all...

This is wrong, you are wrong.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Sorkiny and an entire subplot to thinly veiled G.O.T didn't happen? I hate pop culture when its obvious I like pop culture when it can barely be called that, when you structure a whole frame work around it. Like the Fincher episode or the Law and Order. Or even a small identical shot of some one running being a homage to the Right Stuff in that KFC space ship episode.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like pop culture when it's popular enough that it's no longer a statement to be into it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Awesome title. Always Cast Bries would have been great, though. I hope we see more of Larson this season.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I dunno it's probably just because I didn't think the sign language stuff was funny.

Also, the Leon reference didn't make any sense. Leon wasn't a movie about bureaucracy. The scene was in a totally different context. It was just thrown in there. It felt like a lazy way to be the Show that References Stuff.

I dunno the episode just felt thrown together in general. Like, the Abed/Britta subplot could be slotted into any episode of the series it was so forgettable.

I still enjoyed it overall but when I buy the season 5 DVD i'll definitely go "oh yeah, I forgot about that one." Just didn't have anything super funny that stuck with me.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 31, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
In a perfect world Brie Larson would be brought on as a series regular.

I think pop culture references work best when they are done organically. Like it would be in character for someone to refer to Star Wars or Spiderman or whatever. Or just simple people talk about a thing they like because people in the real world talk about things they like. The Faux GoT stuff was like that.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Loved the fat dog stuff. It's so dumb, but it hit the mark with me.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
All that said I greatly enjoyed the Kumail cameo.

"Yes, it's a winston original." :smug:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope we see more of Brie Larson this season and next :3:

Was the tag a reference to anything? I didn't quite follow what was happening other than Duncan triggering weird poo poo.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Argue posted:

Was the tag a reference to anything? I didn't quite follow what was happening other than Duncan triggering weird poo poo.

Just a tangent off the episode's general "impenetrable bureaucracy" theme.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Last Chance posted:

Loved the fat dog stuff. It's so dumb, but it hit the mark with me.

I love how quickly it took off too. Britta wanting to "fat dog" it off with Abed after she paid the deaf girl to spoil him on the show.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
How has nobody posted the best joke in the episode

"You can take the books off your heads, because we're done posturing"

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

This episode is my favorite one so far in this season. It didn't seem too crazy, but it was still pretty clever. I liked how there's a hierarchy of custodians.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Chalk me up as another guy that thought it was the weakest episode of the season. Still funny, but totally skippable and did nothing with the characters, save for maybe Hickey. They fat dogged this one.

What's with all the Brie Larson love? She was cool in Scott Pilgrim and she's okay in this...

Edit: oh and it's really weird that a guy played by Nathan Fillion exists in a universe where Chang's celebrity crush is Nathan Fillion. (And Abed and Troy loved Firefly.)

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

VagueRant posted:

Edit: oh and it's really weird that a guy played by Nathan Fillion exists in a universe where Chang's celebrity crush is Nathan Fillion. (And Abed and Troy loved Firefly.)

To take a page from Rick and Morty: Don't think about it.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

VagueRant posted:

What's with all the Brie Larson love? She was cool in Scott Pilgrim and she's okay in this...

She was excellent in Short Term 12.

Also, why isn't there an Annie screaming "Everything!" gif like this one yet?

bowser fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 31, 2014

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011
The episode was funny, it just felt a little off to me for some reason. It had some good moments and some weird ones. I feel like I've missed something with the scene just after Abed gets spoilered by the deaf girl, Britta was an absolute bitch and he just seems to have brushed it off since he saw Brie Larson.

I guess it's just supposed to be his character but the jump from him being bothered by Britta to completely redirecting himself was weird to me. I'd actually like to see her be called on it, especially since she's previously been so vocal about Abeds mental and emotional states.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
Can anyone explain the Leon reference to me I didn't catch it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

catpowerd posted:

Can anyone explain the Leon reference to me I didn't catch it.

Its a reference to this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots

Am I crazy for thinking that they already did this reference earlier in the season?

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

verybad posted:

Am I crazy for thinking that they already did this reference earlier in the season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO51a8Fi69w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Argue posted:

There was a military General at the custodian party.

• Locked thread