Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

:siren: EVERY. LIVE. PPV. :siren:

Every WWE PPV will be available on the network, Live and in HD! Yes, all of the events you used to pay $45-65 for are now on the Network at no extra cost!

Yes, they are also available on-demand immediately afterwards

Weekly original programming:

- Raw Pre-Show
- Monday Night War - Documentary series chronicling the famous Monday Night War
- WWE Wrestlemania Rewind - A documentary series covering one or two Wrestlemania matches, including the build and match itself.
- WWE Countdown - User voted lists about different aspects of WWE.
- Best of Raw - A featured Raw replay from the archives.
- Best of Smackdown - A featured Smackdown replay from the archives.
- WWE NXT - WWE's developmental system's show featuring up-and-coming acts in WWE.
- WWE Superstars - WWE's lower card show featuring one or two matches taped before Raw.
- Beyond The Ring - Shows one documentary from WWE's Video Library
- This Week in WWE - A quick recap show covering anything you may have missed over the past week.

Periodic Programming and Specials:

- WWE PPVs - Monthly events featuring main event matches, including Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Royal Rumble, and more. "Kickoff" shows are shown a half hour prior to start time.
- NXT Special Events - These are supposed to be airing quarterly and are basically the 2 hour NXT equivalent to a WWE PPV.
- Special Documentaries - Two of the most popular are the Journey to Wrestlemania: Daniel Bryan feature, and the Warrior: Ultimate Legend special. I assume more of these will be produced over time.

On-Demand and Vault:

- Every legacy WWE, WCW, and ECW pay-per-view is available.
- Old School features house show cards mostly from the 1980's and 90's.
- WCCW featuring World Class Championship Wrestling's weekly television show from the 1980's.
- Legends of Wrestling - Roundtable discussions about various wrestling topics.
- ECW Hardcore TV - ECW's weekly television show from the mid-90's.
- Clash of the Champions - WCW's periodic television specials.
- Saturday Night's Main Event - Special events from the WWF in the late 80's and early 90's.
- Total Divas - Replays of Total Divas from the E! Network.
- Slam City - Quick, cartoonish shorts featuring WWE Superstars performing odd jobs.
- Legends House - A show about being an old man.
- Raw Replays - The Network adds a few episodes of Raw every week or so. Currently has archives from 1993-1995, along with 2012-2014. Current Raws and Smackdowns are added 30 days after airing on TV.
- Smackdown Replays - Older episodes are added infrequently.
- WCW Nitro Replays
- New episodes of WWE Main Event, WWE Raw, and WWE Smackdown added approximately one month after they air in real time.

Previous Programming:

- Raw Backstage Pass - A show that featured exclusive interviews and analysis about the episode of Raw that just aired.
- Smackdown Backstage Pass - Same as the Raw version.
- Smackdown Pre-Show

Devices that work with the Network:

- Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices
- Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy
- iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone
- Roku streaming devices
- Sony PlayStation 3
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Xbox 360
- PC and Macs
- Xbox One
- Kindle Fire TV
- Apple TV
- The Chromecast does work but it does not have an official app.
- Select Smart TVs

The Network costs $9.99 per month. Cancel anytime.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Don't forget that this is in association with MLB Advanced Media (which has experience in streaming tens of thousands of hours of baseball) so if you're worried about the site exploding when everyone tries to watch Wrestlemania don't because if they can have no problems streaming the World Series they're not going to have any streaming Wrestlemania.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I believe it's been confirmed (if Dave's word counts as confirmation) that you can prepay $60 instead of a $10 monthly commitment.

It's also US only at first, planned to launch in Canada, UK, Australia and a bunch of other countries by early 2015 at latest. Unknown how WWE's new agreement with Sky will affect Network PPVs in the UK yet.

I just hope that they don't remove anything close to what they add to the archive. The archive is of major interest to me and the only thing I care about besides the PPVs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't forget that this is in association with MLB Advanced Media (which has experience in streaming tens of thousands of hours of baseball) so if you're worried about the site exploding when everyone tries to watch Wrestlemania don't because if they can have no problems streaming the World Series they're not going to have any streaming Wrestlemania.

They also do the March Madness on Demand which I use every year and is as rock solid as it gets. I guarantee you more people watch that than Wrestlemania.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if we'll be able to browse content without being a subscriber. I imagine some website or another will put up a full list of what's available, but I hope WWE does it officially. There's also a trial being offered, isn't there?

Looks like the 4GB X-Box 360 my friend gave me that I never play is basically just going to be my WWE Network box. I might not subscribe until later in the year though. I want to see how the launch goes and I'm going to have a busy summer - the kind that having thousands of hours of wrestlemans content would distract me from and/or I won't have time to watch it anyway.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jan 31, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sticklefifer posted:

I wonder if we'll be able to browse content without being a subscriber. I imagine some website or another will put up a full list of what's available, but I hope WWE does it officially. There's also a trial being offered, isn't there?

Looks like the 4GB X-Box 360 my friend gave me that I never play is basically just going to be my WWE Network box. I might not subscribe until later in the year though. I want to see how the launch goes and I'm going to have a busy summer - the kind that having thousands of hours of wrestlemans content would distract me from and/or I won't have time to watch it anyway.

Almost certainly will require an Xbox live gold sub to access, so unless you have that already I'd look into getting a cheap streaming box for your tv over giving MS money to access the stuff you pay money for.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
I'm actually really looking forward to the Monday Night War and Wrestlemania Rewind shows because I didn't follow wrestling at all until 2012 and really don't feel like going and watching thousands of hours of probably mostly bad wrestling broadcasting in my spare time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChaosSmurf posted:

I'm actually really looking forward to the Monday Night War and Wrestlemania Rewind shows because I didn't follow wrestling at all until 2012 and really don't feel like going and watching thousands of hours of probably mostly bad wrestling broadcasting in my spare time.

The old 'Manias are still probably worth going through, if only to get an overview of who was who and who was important over the history of WWF/E. There's certainly some crappy stuff, and some dull stuff (Lookin' at you, Billy Jack Haynes...), but there's a lot of retrospectively fun things and some good or historic moments too.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Gaz-L posted:

The old 'Manias are still probably worth going through, if only to get an overview of who was who and who was important over the history of WWF/E. There's certainly some crappy stuff, and some dull stuff (Lookin' at you, Billy Jack Haynes...), but there's a lot of retrospectively fun things and some good or historic moments too.

When the WrestleMania 4 Rewind comes out I'm going to Clockwork Orange myself so all I can do is watch WrestleMania 4.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

When the WrestleMania 4 Rewind comes out I'm going to Clockwork Orange myself so all I can do is watch WrestleMania 4.

The debut of Richie Steamboat!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Plus, we can go back and watch the absolute worst of Wrestlemania. Lookin at you, Undertaker vs. Sid, Cena vs. Miz, etc.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Speedboat Jones posted:

Plus, we can go back and watch the absolute worst of Wrestlemania. Lookin at you, Undertaker vs. Sid, Cena vs. Miz, etc.

Yes we already covered WrestleMania 4 in the posts above yours

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Speedboat Jones posted:

I imagine a boatload of us are going to join an XBox Live party and watch crap like WCW Great American Bash 1999 while drunk via streaming.

I'm looking forward to it; especially once Canadian (me) and UK goons get the service.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Justin Godscock posted:

I imagine a boatload of us are going to join an XBox Live party and watch crap like WCW Great American Bash 1999 while drunk via streaming.

I'm looking forward to it; especially once Canadian (me) and UK goons get the service.

I am for some reason, now envisioning a big PSP skype call of people just watching WWE network and watching the worst of the worst just for the hell of it

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Justin Godscock posted:

I never considered that option. I'll definitely try to get some groups together ITT when the network launches.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Random question: will the WWE stuff that's on Netflix likely be pulled once the network launches? Or is that partnership going to persist? I would imagine it'll stay on Netflix but wanted to see if anyone knew.

Edit: I'm dumb (and wrong!), looks like this has been addressed.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 1, 2014

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brokenogre posted:

I am for some reason, now envisioning a big PSP skype call of people just watching WWE network and watching the worst of the worst just for the hell of it

I want Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid to come in #1 on WWEN's "Most Watched" category.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I almost got mad that we're getting this in Canada a full year after it launches in the US, but then I realized that you guys are gonna make great beta testers, brother!

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I have an American address but spend a lot of time in Canada.

Has any statement been made about American customers who want to access the service outside the states? Alternatively, what would I need to do to spoof my location for the app/website/whatever to work if I'm accessing the service outside of the states like some people do for netflix?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cucktales Blogger posted:

I have an American address but spend a lot of time in Canada.

Has any statement been made about American customers who want to access the service outside the states? Alternatively, what would I need to do to spoof my location for the app/website/whatever to work if I'm accessing the service outside of the states like some people do for netflix?

I think Netflix turns a blind eye to using services like this to bypass their Canada/US/UK region restrictions, but I don't know how that'll work with the MLB.tv technology or if WWE will be more diligent about enforcing that stuff than Netflix is.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I know the big reason why Netflix Canada users are able to access Netflix America is because, for some strange reason, Canadian accounts are redeemable on the American service. I won't say anything more because I'm sure :filez: come into play here but the WWE Network is going to be a different beast than Netflix currently.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Does mlb.tv black out games for certain areas or anything?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's worth mentioning that signups for the Network start at 9 AM on February 24th

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does mlb.tv black out games for certain areas or anything?

if you're in the home market of one of the teams playing, yes. and also if the games were on national tv but that might not happen anymore but i think it does

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

if you're in the home market of one of the teams playing, yes. and also if the games were on national tv but that might not happen anymore but i think it does

So does it go by IP address like Netflix does or use some other system? I'm not really an IT guy or anything but the services that allow you to access foreign Netflix content tend to do little more than hide your IP.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

So does it go by IP address like Netflix does or use some other system? I'm not really an IT guy or anything but the services that allow you to access foreign Netflix content tend to do little more than hide your IP.

ip. can easily use vpn or just a basic proxy thing to watch your home team if you want

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yea ok posted:

ip. can easily use vpn or just a basic proxy thing to watch your home team if you want

They've made it tougher on proxies, I used to use a https proxy to get around the blackouts but laat year I had to use that unblock.me service.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Thauros posted:

They've made it tougher on proxies, I used to use a https proxy to get around the blackouts but laat year I had to use that unblock.me service.

There's a Chrome plugin called Hola that works for everything for me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Generico posted:

There's a Chrome plugin called Hola that works for everything for me.

I found Hola was loving with my connection too much for whatever reason and use one called Media Hint now. Works perfectly.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yup, another happy Media Hint user here. Although AFAIK, it only works for a few sites (Netflix, Hulu).

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Well, I'll be a guinea pig for international people who have a US address to use I guess, because gently caress it it's just $60 and I can watch stuff while I'm in America too

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That would actually be most appreciated, I have a US address on my PayPal because I often order things online for delivery to my company's Denver office. If that can get me some Network Down Under earlier than 2015 I'll be pretty happy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm curious about this too since I pretty much split my time inside and outside of the US. If I could get it at my US address and it's as simple as watching with a proxy or something, that would be the bee's knees.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm hoping my DNS replacement service works with this, then hopefully I can just get a friend to pre-pay 6 months worth for me.

Also fellow UKers - this is almost definitely going to cost us £9.99 when it launches, isn't it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm hoping my DNS replacement service works with this, then hopefully I can just get a friend to pre-pay 6 months worth for me.

Also fellow UKers - this is almost definitely going to cost us £9.99 when it launches, isn't it.

Guaranteed at least, and since BSkyB just signed a new deal with all the PPVs on Box Office it might even be £14.95 so WWE isn't undercutting them if they have the PPVs on there at all.

For context, Netflix UK is £5.99 a month.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm hoping it'll be a situation like Netflix right now, where my Playstation DNS just gets the American one. I'm sure there will be a workaround at least. There's no way we don't get screwed on the pricing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

Guaranteed at least, and since BSkyB just signed a new deal with all the PPVs on Box Office it might even be £14.95 so WWE isn't undercutting them if they have the PPVs on there at all.

For context, Netflix UK is £5.99 a month.

It depends. We are a big PPV market for WWE, but the pricing for the shows is less than the actual Sky Sports package, so they may not mind so much as long as the full versions of current Raw and Smackdown (maybe Main Event too) aren't available. Sky have also tossed their hat into the streaming ring with NowTV, so maybe the new deal include providing the network as part of that platform, so BSkyB get a piece of the pie? No idea if that'd be feasible as I've never used NowTV, but if I was WWE, I'd at least broach the idea.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 3, 2014

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gaz-L posted:

It depends. We are a big PPV market for WWE, but the pricing for the shows is less than the actual Sky Sports package, so they may not mind so much as long as the full versions of current Raw and Smackdown (maybe Main Event too) aren't available. Sky have also tossed their hat into the streaming ring with NowTV, so maybe the new deal include providing the network as part of that platform, so BSkyB get a piece of the pie? No idea if that'd be feasible as I've never used NowTV, but if I was WWE, I'd at least broach the idea.

Given the whole point of the network seems to be WWE wanting all the money for themselves rather than having to split with anyone else I'd be amazed if that was the case. Also if they'd signed a deal for the Network I doubt they'd be waiting until late in the year to launch it in the UK. If they had a partner and plan in place for the UK we'd be getting it 24th February with everyone else.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I guess the Video On Demand portion of the Network will go live at 9AM on February 24th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

Given the whole point of the network seems to be WWE wanting all the money for themselves rather than having to split with anyone else I'd be amazed if that was the case. Also if they'd signed a deal for the Network I doubt they'd be waiting until late in the year to launch it in the UK. If they had a partner and plan in place for the UK we'd be getting it 24th February with everyone else.

Except this new contract doesn't come into effect until 2015. Not saying you're wrong, but them saying 'late '14/early '15' makes perfect sense if they knew the rights were up at that point in the relevant markets so they could provision it into the renewed terms.