Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

Bought Kingdoms of Amalur because of the weekend sale and the wiki entry is a bit barebones - anything that it doesn't cover that I'd be well off knowing? Also, it mentions a bug where Adrenaline Surge will damage you rather than heal you at low health, has that been fixed by chance?

Maxing Detect Hidden ASAP makes the game way more fun because the map lights up all the collectibles and chests. It's a bit of a chore and takes a while but playing all three classes at once (Jack of All Trades) gives progressively greater passive skill bonuses.

There are trainers for every skill level (beginner, med, advanced) plus skill books so its easy to make up the losses if you've got the gold.

The most frequently used skills will be lockpick, persuasion, and maybe alchemy (increases chance to successfully collect stuff). Stealth is almost pointless, sagecrafting/blacksmithing break the game by giving you super-powered generic looking equipment, and Dispel's minigame is annoying as poo poo so you'll probably not even bother if "auto-resolve" doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Hey guys, repicked up Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings after a while of not playing so everything in my mind is kind of a blank. What are some good things to know? Also do i need to keep a recipe on me to make the potion/bomb/whatever i'm making or can i just put it in storage once i've memorized it?
Reposting my steam guide:
* Delete your outdated save files constantly. The game autosaves often and never overwrites the saves. This starts to affect your game performance very quickly. Ideally, you shouldn't have to scroll through your save games list at all.

* The game's combat system takes inspiration from Dark Souls and the like more than it does from conventional RPG's. That means you need to roll around. A lot. The moment I realized I could just let most guys swing, roll, then flank and shank them instead of slugging it out made combat SO much easier.

* Blocking an enemies attack depletes your vigor, so you can't block forever (or even for very long, when the game starts) hence my emphasis on rolling. Using signs also depletes Vigor, so talents that give you more vigor can be welcome in any build.

* Another Dark Soul-style combat thing - make sure to move around so that you're only engaging one guy at a time. Enemies will happily flank and destroy you. So roll, kite, use signs / traps / bombs to separate groups and take them down one by one.

* If you're having trouble with a particular opponent at the start of the game, you always have the basic options of: rolling behind them and backstabbing / hitting them with the Aard sign and whaling on them while they stagger (if a shield guy is hit with the Aard and goes down on one knee, roll behind him, otherwise you'll still hit the shield) / get the riposte talent, then block and riposte when prompted.

* Get the Riposte talent. You want the basic Swordsmanship path talents regardless of your build, but more importantly, there are a number of sections where you're playing a different character, and riposte is the only Witcher skill you have that carries over.

* Enemy Quen can't really be dispelled. You have to wait it out (or better yet, disrupt them with an Aard as they try to cast it)

* Make sure you destroy 5 training dummies in Foltest's camp in the prologue, then destroy another 5 anywhere in Floatsam for a minor but important bonus.

* When you've fired the ballista in the prologue, find and examine a corpse near a nearby haystack for another neat bonus.

* When you arrive at Floatsam, you are invited to visit the commander. Doing so will give you a fairly good armor and silver sword design, so that should probably be the first thing you do before you go out and do some sidequests.

* A lot of first-time players don't realize that Floatsam has a swamp area, complete with a bandit hideout. The huge fallen... stone thing... over the river will lead you there.

* On the same note, the Blue Stripes have a house in Floatsam. Right next to the inn, two guys guarding the entrance.

* Whenever you need to gather certain alchemical ingredients for a particular quest, drop them off into a storage chest (you get one at any inn) as you gather them. The game does NOT make an exception for quest items when preparing potions, and will happily use them up, leaving you screwed. So keep one copy of: Endrega embryo, Troll Tongue, Arachas Eye, Essence of Death, Queen Endrega's pheromones and Bullivore Brain. Your stored items transfer from chapter to chapter.

* Do you see all those "Bonus to X when poisoned" talents in the Alchemy tree? "Poisoned" means "Under the effects of a potion."

* Mutagens are basically just set bonuses applied to Geralt's abilities that you'll find when exploring/killing monsters / brewing potions. The name "mutagen" and the fact that you apply them to a talent might be slightly confusing, but you're not actually "mutating" the talent in any way. The talent itself is irrelevant - just a slot into which you insert the mutagen bonus. You'll find a lot more mutagens than you'll unlock talents, so only use Greater Mutagens to make the most of your bonuses. If you're planning to get the Impregnation talent (improved Mutagen bonuses), save your mutagens until you do so, since it's not retroactive.

* Your basic potion list when exploring should be some combination of: Swallow (health regeneration), Tawny Owl (high vigor regeneration), Rook (+sword damage) and Petri's Philter (+ sign damage). The other potions are bit situational (though they can be quite good when combined with the alchemist's tree "greater potion bonuses, lesser potion disadvantages" talents)

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I'm about to start The Banner Saga. Any pitfalls or unintuitive mechanics to watch out for? (I've played a bit of Factions before.) Any release bugs worth waiting for a patch for?

e: VVVV Thanks!

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 1, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

I'm about to start The Banner Saga. Any pitfalls or unintuitive mechanics to watch out for? (I've played a bit of Factions before.) Any release bugs worth waiting for a patch for?

Renown is both money and experience points. If you level your guys too much you'll starve and vice versa. No character is sacred and people leave/die all the loving time so don't feel pressured to go past level 3 except on the important characters like Rook and Hakon.

Because renown is so rare try to fight everything. During the "war" battles you'll be given an option of fighting more enemies without stopping. If you think you can handle it pick it because each kill is +1 renown and it adds up quickly.

You're rewarded for role playing to your type. The survival of your clan is priority #1. Being indecisive, taking easy options, and trying to min/max the game results in egg on your face. Stealing a farmer's cattle or ignoring a person being attacked by bandits may make you feel like poo poo but you'll usually get a renown reward or won't have to deal with the fallout of extra mouths to feed. Sometimes the game will kick you in the balls but just roll with it. Avoid reloading old saves. If you've played Telltale's The Walking Dead you should know what to expect.

The battle system is kind of wonky. You switch turns after each character moves. This means that the larger your party is, the more your opponent's individual characters will act before you do and vice versa. If you overwhelm the enemy and have a guy caught in the open, they'll likely die as they get attacked several times before they can act. Because of this it's important not to spread your party across the map especially if you move a character into a group of enemies that haven't acted yet.

Strength is both health and damage. The general strategy is to spend your first turn or so weakening your opponents to the point where they can't really do damage. They can ping at your armor, which is damage reduction, so don't leave wounded enemies alive too much longer than necessary. If you reach a point where you can systematically wipe out each remaining enemy in one hit then you're doing well. You're in trouble once everyone's armor is gone as the enemy will one-shot everyone on the field. Because there's no healing and battles are a game of attrition, the longer a fight lasts the heavier things swing against you.

Generally speaking, the AI will prioritize archers. After that they start pinging away at the most heavily armored character. Then they start knocking down the strength of everyone else.

Don't be afraid to switch the difficulty to easy if you're not enjoying combat. The game's plot is the highlight and the constant resting to heal wounded units may grate on you.

Exertion is the most important attribute and every character should at least have one point. Exertion lets you spend willpower to move further and add points of damage to armor or strength. I never upgraded willpower because the default amount is plenty, you earn willpower reserves for killing enemies, and having high morale gives you more willpower. Other than exertion, raise whichever attribute the character focuses. This means armor for shield bearers, strength for warriors and so on. Armor break isn't really important because of exertion but an archer with 3 armor break and 2+ exertion will wreck heavily armored enemies.

One nitpicky thing, when you reach Frostvellr as Rook in Chapter 1 do not buy any supplies. The game automatically gives you low supplies when you resume his role in Chapter 3. I believe this is the only time this happens in the game.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 1, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Xander77 posted:

lots of good advice

Thanks! Also i'm noticing some of the common armors are better than the Blue Stripes shirt in terms of defense by 1 or 2 points at the expense of -X% to bleeding/poison/whatever, is an extra point of defense or two worth wearing or should i just start upgrading the gear i already have if possible?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Thanks! Also i'm noticing some of the common armors are better than the Blue Stripes shirt in terms of defense by 1 or 2 points at the expense of -X% to bleeding/poison/whatever, is an extra point of defense or two worth wearing or should i just start upgrading the gear i already have if possible?
You should be changing armors several times per act (less if you're not concerned with exploring or crafting), so don't think too much about either decision. See if you currently have armor enhancements that can make a major difference one way or the other, and decide based on that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There anything I should know about Syndicate (2012) before jumping in?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Biggest human being Ever posted:

It's a short, dumb, aim-down-sights shooter? Not really anything else.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I'd recommend playing the online component first, if only to get whatever few matches you can out of it. Not sure if the thread still exists in the Games subforum, but it might be possible to find some of the goons who really seemed to enjoy playing co-op.

-The Kusanagi ACR-10 assault rifle is all you'll need for the most part. It's definitely worth checking out other weapons, but the ACR-10 is a solid choice.

-For both single and multi, anything that upgrades your DART overlay is a good thing.

-The upgrade system in single player lets you unlock chips anywhere on the board. The more chips you have connected side by side, the bigger the bonuses.

-The upgrade system in multiplayer is somewhat the opposite. You start at the top and must branch downwards 1 chip at a time.

-Breaching (hacking) will be used on almost everything. Need to open that door? Breach it. Need to heal a teammate? Breach them. Need to shutdown enemy armor to chip away at their health bar? Breach him.

-You need line of sight to start to breach, but you can backup behind cover while holding the button while it completes. Very handy for healing teammates while not leaving your neck on the line.

-If you or someone else gets knocked down, you'll need a reboot (revive mechanic). The person who's down can still shuffle around and should find partial cover so others can run over to reboot.

-You'll also earn research points from online matches, which you should spend at every opportunity. Weapons are fully upgraded in single player, so it's important to keep your online research going. You may as well deck out the ACR-10 first, then move on to other weapons once you've seen what the levels have to offer. Shotguns are also decent, while special weapons are limited since they must be found in game.

-Those research points can also be spent on the applications (buffs) you choose in your loadout. The basic three you start with (Feedback, Shielding, Damage link) are fine for the most part, but don't forget to buy others.

-Also, learn to recognize when apps are used in co-op so you don't waste the same team buff app your teammate used 3 seconds ago. (This goes mainly for defense like Shielding, since I'm not sure if Damage Link stacks or not).

-As Mr Bims puts it, the single player is kind of blunt. There are some forced sections and some boss fights that are basically set pieces more than anything else. But hey, at least the flamethrower doesn't suck in this game.

-When you beat the game (or become bored), check out this great LP which includes a punchy-fist run of the single player game: http://lparchive.org/Syndicate/

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm working my way through the Broken Sword games I haven't played yet so that I can play 5, so any tips for Broken Sword 3 & 4?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Anything special for Hegemony Gold? I'm having trouble telling if I'm loving up my supply lines in particular

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want to start up a KOTOR 2 run and really want to mod the gently caress out of it. Besides the restoration mods, does anyone have any suggestions?

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Spikeguy posted:

I want to start up a KOTOR 2 run and really want to mod the gently caress out of it. Besides the restoration mods, does anyone have any suggestions?

And along with this can someone post a step by step guide to get the restoration and high res mods working with the steam version?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

TerryLennox posted:

And along with this can someone post a step by step guide to get the restoration and high res mods working with the steam version?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/03/the-fixer-how-to-restore-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/ and http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II:_The_Sith_Lords

Should cover all of your patch/restored content/hi-res with steam needs. Be sure to grab M4-78 as well.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

PRL412 posted:

lots of Syndicate advice

Thanks for this! I started playing today and am having a really good time.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Might and Magic IV? I've had the 6 - pack from GoG for awhile and decided to dive in. I tooled around for about an hour, shooting giant crickets with arrows, dying from opening gates, and not realizing I had to click objects in the environment to talk to non-graphically-existent NPCs.

Help?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Just finished playing through Legend of Grimrock on Normal and had a few tips I'd add to what you can find on the BIP wiki:

Missile/throwing weapons either hit or they don't based on how things line up with the game's physics system. Accordingly, ranged fighters don't need Dexterity. Accordingly, having a back-row minotaur rogue super-specialized in throwing, maxed strength, with the Skilled and Head Hunter traits is a really, really good idea.

Having an ice mage in the back row is a good idea as they get a spell with a chance to freeze enemies which gives you a round or two of free attacks. Mages are a good idea anyway as they can get a spell (via Spellcraft) to replace torches, and eventually get an equippable that emits light on its own. You don't need more than 10 Spellcraft by end-game anyway.

For your front line, having a fighter who mainlines Swords and dabbles in Heavy Armor (Armor 16) is a good idea for the long run. The other front-liner could use light or heavy armor and axes, or else go as an unarmed rogue who maxes out evasion.

Evasion is generally better than protection, as protection doesn't really reduce damage by that much where evasion avoids it entirely. That being said, there's only enough equippables in the game to have one person leaning on evasion.

No matter what you pick, if you focus on one skill per character you will probably reach level 50 in it by endgame but not much moreso.

If you're using a guide (even just for secrets) don't bother weighing yourself down with too much food. The hunger meter is paced such that you're expected to spend a lot of time figuring out and failing at puzzles. Also, hunger is a 3-stage affair where as long as it's in the green you have no problems, so it's not something you need to micro-manage too much.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Anything for From Dust?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

Just finished playing through Legend of Grimrock on Normal and had a few tips I'd add to what you can find on the BIP wiki:

Thanks! I've added these to the wiki.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Any useful tips for Wargame: European Escalation? I'm sort of having a tough time adjusting to this brand of strategy.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

PerilPastry posted:

Any useful tips for Wargame: European Escalation? I'm sort of having a tough time adjusting to this brand of strategy.

Yes, play Airland Battle instead. It is better in every way and honestly WEE shouldn't even be sold any more. Ask steam for a refund and put it towards AB.

In any case, some tips common to both games:

Scouting is by far the most important stat you will see on a unit. Many units have a much farther effective range than they have line of sight, so if your army utilizes recon units and the opponent's army doesn't, you might be able to completely destroy his units while remaining hidden to him.

Sight range is not necessarily in 360 degrees - hills and valleys can block line of sight to units that are very close to you. Always take that into consideration when placing defenses or assaulting a position.

Put infantry in buildings to increase their survivability like tenfold. With anti-tank weaponry and good stealth, infantry are the best defenders in the game.

Combined arms! Anti-air, anti-infantry, anti-vehicle, anti-tank. Never assume your opponent is going to completely forego one area of units.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

PerilPastry posted:

There's also a huge thread full of strategy, most of which applies to WEE and ALB

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568981

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

MrBims posted:

Yes, play Airland Battle instead. It is better in every way and honestly WEE shouldn't even be sold any more. Ask steam for a refund and put it towards AB.

Elendil004 posted:

There's also a huge thread full of strategy, most of which applies to WEE and ALB

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568981

I got both in a bundle pack already, but I read that WEE's campaign eased you a little more into things which I figured I'd need.

Thanks for the help guys
:yayclod:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just saw these pop up on PS3 Store for a bit of a discount. What can you tell me? I've heard some cool things, but I'm interested in hearing some more opinions.

PersonaŽ2: Eternal Punishment
Shin Megami TenseiŽ: PersonaŽ 3 FES

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If/when you play Persona 3, choose the Female main character. She gets to skip the worst of the sidequests, and gets some pretty decent ones in exchange.

Captain Novolin posted:

That's only available if you're playing P3P, though. If you get the original or FES you're stuck with the Male MC.
Oh. :saddowns:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 6, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Couple things for Titan Quest.

- If you don't have the expansion, get it. It adds more content and adds new items and item storage to the original game.

- There's a portal button on your hotbar(next to potions) that lets you warp to town and back to sell your stuff.

- As long as you don't exit the shop menu you can sell back things you've bought for the original buy price. Very useful if you want to test if a weapon/armor in the shop is better than what you have.

- At the top right of the minimap is a button to make it bigger.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

The Leper Colon V posted:

If/when you play Persona 3, choose the Female main character. She gets to skip the worst of the sidequests, and gets some pretty decent ones in exchange.

That's only available if you're playing P3P, though. If you get the original or FES you're stuck with the Male MC.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's P3 Portable. P3:FES only has the male protagonist.

Spikeguy posted:

Just saw these pop up on PS3 Store for a bit of a discount. What can you tell me? I've heard some cool things, but I'm interested in hearing some more opinions.

Shin Megami TenseiŽ: PersonaŽ 3 FES

Fuse demons often and as many as you can. The game will kick your rear end if you try to favour a single element, so diversify as much as possible and be aware that unlike a lot of JRPG's most bosses are susceptible to stat drops and sometimes even status conditions (learn and keep something with Dekaja, the buff-nullification spell. It's always worth having on you).

Social Links need to be attended to regularly. Some can Reverse (just talk to them and say the right thing, then they'll be fine) or even Break. A few also need special conditions to even be started. Mitsuru's, for example, won't become available until about halfway through the game and you need to have come top of the class in either of the two exam periods set through the year. Get your Knowledge stat as high as you can by burning some rainy afternoons studying, and then just get the questions provided right.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Wrong version, that's only in P3 Portable (PSP). FES is the rerelease of the original PS2 version with a couple extra AI settings, Social Links, and an extra 30 hour dungeon crawl that's not very fun (The Answer).

That aside, looking on the wiki is likely to get you overwhelmed with all kinds of advice that won't make any sense, especially if this is your first Persona game. The main things you need to know as a beginner are:

- Don't worry about doing everything. If you do a perfect run (all S-Links, max stats, etc), you will have something ridiculous like 6 days left over at the end of the game, and that's contingent on you playing perfectly in the dungeon crawling part. Just do whatever links look interesting and save the powergaming for NG+.

- Tartarus is much more dangerous than the actual full moon bosses. If you can reach the stopping point for each section of the tower, you're strong enough to handle whatever boss is coming up.

- No, you can't directly control your party. The AI is mostly competent, but there are going to be times when you get hosed over. It happens to everyone, just take another shot at it or tweak your settings for better results.

- Always always always go for weaknesses. Knocking an enemy down (by hitting them with their weakness or a critical hit) will cause them to lose their next turn, as well as give you a second one. This can be repeated until you knock down every enemy with only one turn, so make good use of it. And be aware that the enemy can do the exact same thing to you.

If you have access to a PSP/Vita, I really suggest getting P3P instead, but FES is still worth playing.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

pigdog posted:

Anything for From Dust?

Work on playing the game at some speed. Eeven though it'll seem like you don't need to at the start, the challenges will mount very quickly. On levels where a banner is available, make that your primary mission and get to it as soon as possible.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is there any bullshit in Bravely Default I should worry about? Things like FF12's Zodiac Spear or Suikoden's stars and whatnot?

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

GrandpaPants posted:

Is there any bullshit in Bravely Default I should worry about? Things like FF12's Zodiac Spear or Suikoden's stars and whatnot?

Not really. There's one sub boss in chapter five that if you don't fight them you won't get a costume for one of your characters but it's a vanity item that has no baring on the game at all.

Other than that, one of the classes you unlock is Bravely Default's version of the blue mage. Due to plot reasons you will have the ability to revisit bosses again to gain their 'genome abilities' (enemy skills), since at the time the side quest first becomes available you probably won't be strong enough to fight the bosses required to unlock the asterisk. you have to fight lots of dragons

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
Anything I should know for New Super Mario Bros. 2 or Castelvania: Mirrors of Fate? Both for 3DS.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

100000000? I'm having a hell of a time trying to get past adventurer.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Sociopastry posted:

100000000? I'm having a hell of a time trying to get past adventurer.

Just go as fast as possible and match anything, since everything is beneficial in some way. Focus on weapons if you need to, but generally just match as fast as you can.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What should I know about the indie game "Knights of Pen & Paper +1"?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Mister Macys posted:

As long as you have a character with a heal and some mana regen, you will literally never die, trivializing combat into a boring slog. Because of how resources work, though, relying on healing items rather than a dedicated healer is prohibitively expensive. Have fun! :downs:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I actually totally disagree and find the game to be nicely challenging in a lot of ways. And if you think it is too easy you can always use one fewer character! Or one more if it is too hard.

Otherwise the only thing I can think of is that you should keep in mind taking a level 30 quest in the starting city because you assume it is a joke is not, in fact, going to go well for you.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Can I get some info on Divine Divinity please? TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Take Wizard and Thief put a single point in their stun skills, buy the table item which increases status effects by a turn. You can now kill anything in the game (non boss) in waves of 7 for maximum grinding.

If you need to destroy the game even harder play a game as gold conservatively as possible until you've unlocked all the classes/characters (when you get the quest to go to the ice castle you should have them all but to be safe you want barbarian, ranger, druid, shaman, knight, and the godawful necromancer). Restart your adventure with this newfound massive loot haul and vastly improved class selection/characters and proceed to ruin it.

You can buy items that give you static bonuses to the dice rolls. This means you eventually guarantee clearing dungeons with no chance of anything bad happening, never having random encounters, always collecting grindstones, and most pressingly always succeeding at crafting.