Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Welcome back to the Rotten Apple.

When people think the NYC Metroplex, they think the Manhattan Development Consortium. Corps, restricted access, passes, The Terminal, corpsec, high society, and more corps.

But that's just the core. What about the meat of the Apple? There are four more boroughs besides Manhattan, and don't forget North Jersey and Long Island. Outside the steel and silicon curtain of the MDC, street gangs, security companies, and the mob outfits vie for control of the streets, with everyone else caught in between. The megas look on from their glass towers in the MDC, their greedy fingers in every dirty little pie.

So who does the dirty work for all those power groups fighting for the rest of the Apple? Shadowrunners, of course. Street scum, local kids, misfits who weren't Italian enough for the Mafia or conformist enough for the street gangs. No SINs, so no job with the Big Three security companies. They're either tough enough, fast enough, smart enough, or dumb enough to know that the shadows are their only real choice.

Setting

The New York City Metroplex. The campaign will start in North Jersey and plenty of runs will happen there, but runners can expect to go anywhere from Coney Island to the Hamptons to the mean streets of Newark to out-of-town dirty work in Philadelphia. Maybe something needs to get done Upstate - pissed-off labor unions in Binghamton, Onondagas are getting rowdy again and rampaging through Syracuse, or a "man of the people" politician in Albany is making noise about ejecting the corps from Manhattan and needs to be silenced.

Power Players

MDC
The big boys in the Metroplex. The thirteen corporations who make up the consortium are Ares, Aztechnology, Citigroup, Horizon, NeoNET, NYPD Inc, Prometheus Engineering, Renraku, Saeder-Krupp, Shiawase, Sony, Spinrad Industries, and Trans-Orbital. Right now the runners shouldn't worry too much about these guys besides NYPD - they're way out of their league.

The Big Three Security Outfits
Metropolitan Security, Knight Errant, and NYPD Inc.
- MetSec is a former Cuban street gang from Union City, NJ. They clawed their way to the top of the food chain and went legit, taking market shares from Knight Errant in Essex and Union County. Still the underdog, they frequently clash with Knight Errant and occasionally NYPD when they do out-of-jurisdiction work.
- Knight Errant holds public security contracts for the rest of North Jersey, their jurisdiction ending with Mercer and Monmouth counties. They also secure all of Long Island.
- NYPD Inc. is New York's Finest as a corporation. They run security in Manhattan and the Boroughs, and occasionally try to extend into Long Island when they're feeling frisky.
- All three of these companies have plenty of reasons to employ runners, and plenty more reasons to shoot, arrest, and/or beat the poo poo out of them.

The Syndicates

The NYC underworld is dominated by the mafia and the triads.
- The Jersey Syndicate is a conglomeration of the Lupino Family and the Sokolaya Vory. The Syndicate is led by Frankie Torrio on the Lupino side and Nails Tatarin on the Sokolaya side, in a sort of two-party system. It works for the most part, but there is still occasional infighting. Frankie’s underboss Soli “The Sledgehammer” Leibzon is often thought to be the real power behind the throne. Low-level fixer Ronnie Malatesta frequently contracts shadowrunners for down-low dirty jobs.
- The Four Families of NYC run crime in the Boroughs and small bits of territory in the MDC. All four families operate separately but have a joint leadership commission and tend to cooperate with each other. They are the Gennaros, Costas, Moruccis, and the off-the-boat Sicilian Navarra. Runners can find plenty of work for the Families, especially deniable hits on the Jersey Syndicate and the Large Circle League.
- The Large Circle League triad runs Manhattan's Chinatown and has business here and there in the Boroughs as their tenuous peace with the Families allow. They are in a cold war with the Jersey Syndicate and aren't allowed to operate openly across the river, but there's always things cannon-fodder street scum can do for them in the Garden State.

The Gangs
Numerous street gangs operate in the Metroplex. Some of the biggest and most influential are the Ironbound Legends, the Union City Los Rojos, and the Rosedale Zobop House.
- The Legends are headquartered in Newark's notoriously violent Ironbound neighborhood. They control drug trade and prostitution throughout Newark virtually unopposed. They are incredibly violent and brutal, and there are rumors that darker things than drugs fuel their occasional rampages.
- The Los Rojos are a wholly owned subsidiary of MetSec, the descendents of the gang MetSec used to be. The security company uses them as catspaws and the drugs they sell to generate extra income for the company.
- The Rosedale Zobop is a dark voodoo house with strong connections to the Red Tower of New Orleans. They mostly keep to their neighborhood but have occasional clashes with smaller gangs in Queens and other areas.

Other Groups

Besides the corps, syndicates and gangs, other power groups struggle to maintain influence in their own little spheres. Two that runners might encounter are the Little Manila Community Watch and the Order of St. Sylvester.
- Little Manila, the Filipino enclave in Woodside, Queens. It's run completely by the Filipino families inhabiting the neighborhood, no NYPD presence needed, thank you very much. The Little Manila Community Watch seeks only to keep their neighborhood peaceful and their families safe. Sometimes they need outside help to do that.
- The Order of St. Sylvester, Bergen County Chapter. An official Order of the Roman Catholic Church consisting entirely of Christian Theurgist magicians, both priests and laymen. The Bergen County Chapter is publicly active. They offer a number of free magical services, with a focus on healing and banishment of unwanted or dangerous spirits. The Order also conducts secretive operations largely unknown to the public and even the shadow community.

Characters

- Player characters need to make sense for the setting. If they don't fit in with Jersey or Brooklyn street scum there needs to be a reason why they'd find themselves employed by a low-level Jersey Syndicate fixer to do some off-the-books dirty work.

- Natives of any of the Boroughs or Jersey are recommended but not required.

- English is obviously spoken everywhere, but Italian, Spanish, Russian, and the Chinese languages wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe even a little Tagalog.

- Combat is important but so are social skills, investigation, hacking, driving; you won't be able to shoot your way through every situation.

- Magic-users need to have a good character background reason for their magic. Is she a budding mambo who learned the voodooo tradition from her late houngan grandfather in Rosedale's Haitian enclave? Or is he a Christian theurgist trained by Awakened priests at Corpus Christi in Hasbrouck Heights? Feel free to come up with your own magical tradition as per Street Magic, just run it by me for approval.

- Above all, I want detailed character backgrounds. Why is your character a runner? How and where did they grow up? How did they come by their skills? How do they spend relaxation time?

- Characters with strong ethnic backgrounds will have an easier time with syndicates of the same blood. Italians will be better treated by mafiosi, Chinese by the Triads, etc.

- All Qualities, negative or positive, need to have fleshed-out character background reasons for them. Bullshit point-earning Negative Qualities will be rejected. Addictions are especially serious, think about them before you take them.

Rules and Sourcebooks

Shadowrun 4th Edition, 20th Anniversary is all you really need to play this game. All other sourcebooks are authorized, though some contain equipment and settings that won't enter this campaign at least in the early stages. Both the Option PDFs, Way of the Samurai and Way of the Adept, are authorized.

Use Chummer. Chummer character files are what you will send me for final approval (not in Career Mode), and you'll post the text versions of the Chummer character sheets in the thread. My email is jonnymartello@yahoo.com for Chummer files. We will use Orokos.com for rolls. I'll create a campaign there

Build your character using either BP or karmagen, either one works for me. 300 BP or 500 Karma. These will be street-level characters, keep in mind. The house rules detailed below will make the low BP/karma not as bad as you might think.

Availability at character creation will be 10. The Restricted Gear quality from Runner's Companion is allowed at my discretion. There needs to be a good reason why your character has that piece of 10+ gear, that fits in with his backstory. Don't count on me allowing bleeding-edge mil-tech regardless of reason.

Bioware, Genetech, and Nanoware (to include Nanocybernetics) are unavailable at character creation. Sniper Rifles aren't either, street snipers can use Sporting Rifles. Your character is street scum, they can't get a hold of that kind of elite 'ware and gear. Emotitoys and empathy software don't exist in this campaign. No SIN at character creation unless you have a really good reason for having one. Criminal SINs are fine of course.

House/Optional Rules:

1. Allow skill groups to be broken during character creation (SR4 68)
2. Allow skill groups to be reformed (SR4 FAQ)
3. Allow any detection spell to be taken as extended range version
4. Karma build: free knowledge skill points as BP build
5. Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES max
6. Allow characters to exceed 50% of BP/Karma in attributes at chargen
7. Characters can spend any number of points on Nuyen
8. More Lethal Gameplay - +2 DV to all weapons (SR4 75)
9. No Dodge for defending against range weapons, even if Full Defense is taken, Reaction is still the only defense against range attacks besides cover
10. Advanced Medical Rules - Severe wounds on Damage Resistance test glitches (AU 120)
11. High Strength affects Weapon Recoil (AR 163)
12. Free Contact Points: CHA x2
13. Allow characters to exceed 35 BP of Negative/Positive Qualities - GM discretion
14. Melee attacks are a Simple Action, meaning you can attack twice per IP
15. Cybercombat is not a thing that happens - don't put points into it if you're a hacker or Technomancer
16. Edge refreshes once per run
17. In Karmagen, Metatypes cost Karma equal to BP cost
18. Stick n'Shock is only for shotguns.

Other Notes

The scope of this game will start on the streets and, if time and interest permits, will only go up. Expendable outsider hitmen for the Jersey Syndicate today, orbital strike team for Ares Space tomorrow.

Because this is a mob-heavy campaign, your character will at some point have an opportunity to get made, if that's the way the group ends up going. Below are the syndicate requirements for membership:

Jersey Syndicate - Any ethnicity or metatype, with preference to Italian, Russian, Jewish and human. Orks are slightly preferred over the other metas.
Gennaro Family - Technically any ethnicity and any metatype besides elves (family prejudices), but the vast majority of made guys and gals are Italian. Magic ability is a plus and can overcome the not-Italian barrier.
Costa Family - The most open to any metatype and ethnicity, the Costas have almost as many non-Italians as Italians on their books. Elves, dwarves, orks and trolls all hold high positions in the Family.
Morruci Family - Italian, any metatype, with rare exception for other ethnicities.
La Famiglia Navarra - Italian-only, human only, Sicilian blood preferred. Mages more than welcome.
Large Circle League Triad - Chinese, any metatype.

Just know that once you become made, you are owned by your syndicate. If you choose to start out as an associate (couple mob contacts with Loyalty 3 or higher required), you aren't quite owned but you're heading in that direction and need to be careful not to step on too many toes in the organization.

If you are terrified of character death, this is not the campaign for you! Remember, Shadowrun used to be about Barrens rat cannon fodder, not Jason Bourne-lite black ops terrors. If your character dies, just see it as an opportunity to create a new one. That character will be given advantages based on how long the campaign's been going on and how spectacular your death is.

Don't worry - I won't be out to kill you. It's just a mean, mean world out there.

Martello fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Okay, voting time.

Do we want to continue from the ongoing campaign or do we want to start a new one with the same setting in this thread?

Personally I'd rather continue the current one, but if the new players want a fresh start I'm willing to go that way.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
For those of us that are used to 5e and never played 4e or used treet-level rules before, do you have any resources you can point us to in deciding how to allocate our points for your 4e street-level campaign? I just started to barely get used to 5e myself so I know I am speaking myself at least.

AmyL fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 20, 2014

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
I'm cool continuing the last campaign. It was easy enough inserting Mercedes character in last time.

AmyL posted:

For those of us that are used to 5e and never played 4e or used treet-level rules before, do you have any resources you can point us to in deciding how to allocate our points for your 4e street-level campaign? I just started to barely get used to 5e myself so I know I am speaking myself at least.

For allocating points I chose a discipline for my character; Driver/Breaking and Entering and specced towards it.

pre:
== Attributes == 
BOD: 3
AGI: 4
REA: 4 (5) 
STR: 2
CHA: 2
INT: 3
LOG: 2
WIL: 3
EDG: 3

Infiltration               : 4 [Urban]              Pool: 8 (10)
Locksmith                  : 4 [Key Locks]          Pool: 8 (10)
Longarms                   : 5 [Shotguns]           Pool: 9 (11)
Perception                 : 4                      Pool: 7
Pilot Ground Craft         : 5 [Wheeled]            Pool: 10 (12)
Pilot Watercraft           : 1 [Motorboat]          Pool: 6 (8)
Pistols                    : 3 [Semi-Automatics]    Pool: 7 (9)
Shadowing                  : 4 [Tail Evasion]       Pool: 7 (9)

== Knowledge Skills == 
Area Knowledge: Jersey     : 2                      Pool: 6
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Russian                    : 2                      Pool: 5
Security Design            : 3 [Vehicle]            Pool: 7 (9)
Serbian                    : 4                      Pool: 7
Triads                     : 2                      Pool: 6
Vory                       : 2 [Turf]               Pool: 6 (8)
Depending on what you want your character to be give them at least two good abilities and a decent weapon skill, a selection of knowledge and a few good contacts.
After that turn your BP to money and buy the equipment that your character would have.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
I'm fine with continuing.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Note I added an 18th house rule - Stick n'Shock is for shotguns only. We'd discussed it in one of the old threads, but I never put it in the rule list.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I'm fine with continuing from where we left off.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
AmyL's character is almost good to go. Once she gets me the final .chum we can roll with this. I'll make a GM post when I have her stuff.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Sent. I'll work my magic with the background and present it in a few days.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Let's get back to it!

kangaroojunk posted:

Skunk

"Yeah, so, I have this friend with a douche bag boyfriend that I want to get back at, for her sake. I have his number. Could you, maybe, hack his phone, get a contact of one of the girls he's cheating on my friend with, and then send a text that looks like it's from that girl's phone, asking to meet somewhere?"

Worm grins at Skunk. "Sure, bro. I can, like, totes do that. Thanks for the discs, been looking for those for like, a while!" His smile turns wheedling. "But, y'know, I'm like, a little short on rent this month. Think you could give me, like, two hundred japerinos? Just to like, make it square?"

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

ooc: Posting my character here. Background story will be up in a few days.

pre:
== Info == 
Street Name: Serena Langella
Name: Unnamed Character
Movement: 10/25, Swim: 6
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Public Awareness: 0
Elf Female Age 35
Height 180 Weight 59kg
Composure: 6
Judge Intentions: 6
Lift/Carry: 6 (45 kg/30 kg) 
Memory: 8
Nuyen: 0

== Attributes == 
BOD: 3
AGI: 3 (1) 
REA: 2 (5) 
STR: 2 (3) 
CHA: 3
INT: 3
LOG: 5
WIL: 3
EDG: 2

== Derived Attributes == 
Essence:                   1.85
Initiative:                5 (8) 
IP:                        1 (2) 
Matrix Initiative:         7
Matrix IP:                 1
Physical Damage Track:     10
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Active Skills == 
Armorer                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Artisan                    : 0                      Pool: 2
Climbing                   : 2                      Pool: 5
Computer                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Con                        : 0                      Pool: 2
Cybercombat                : 0                      Pool: 4
Cybertechnology            : 5                      Pool: 11
Data Search                : 0                      Pool: 4
Demolitions                : 0                      Pool: 4
Disguise                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 2
Dodge                      : 0                      Pool: 4
Etiquette                  : 2                      Pool: 5
First Aid                  : 5                      Pool: 11
Flight                     : 2                      Pool: 5
Gymnastics                 : 2                      Pool: 3
Hacking                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 2
Intimidation               : 0                      Pool: 2
Leadership                 : 0                      Pool: 2
Medicine                   : 5                      Pool: 11
Navigation                 : 0                      Pool: 2
Negotiation                : 2                      Pool: 5
Parachuting                : 0                      Pool: 2
Perception                 : 4                      Pool: 10
Pilot Ground Craft         : 1                      Pool: 6
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 4
Pistols                    : 4                      Pool: 5
Running                    : 2                      Pool: 5
Shadowing                  : 0                      Pool: 2
Survival                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Swimming                   : 2                      Pool: 5
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Unarmed Combat             : 3                      Pool: 4

== Knowledge Skills == 
Area Knowledge: Manhattan  : 3                      Pool: 6
Biology                    : 3                      Pool: 9
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Forenscis                  : 3                      Pool: 9
Italian                    : 4                      Pool: 7
Latin                      : 4                      Pool: 7
Literature (Classical)     : 2                      Pool: 8
Local Fixer                : 2                      Pool: 8
Mafia                      : 3                      Pool: 6
Triads                     : 4                      Pool: 7
Vory                       : 4                      Pool: 10

== Contacts == 
Bob Hackoway, Mechanic (2, 1) 
Fr Franco Coleti, Priest (2, 1) 
Ronnie Malatesta (4, 1) 

== Qualities == 
Ambidextrous
Bad Luck
Day Job (20 hrs/week)
In Debt (20,000¥)
Low-Light Vision

== Lifestyles == 
Home/Medical  2 months 
   Comforts:      Low
   Entertainment: Low
   Necessities:   Low
   Neighborhood:  Low
   Security:      Low
   Qualities:     Friendly Neighbors [1LP] 
                  Well Made [1LP] 
                  Workplace [1LP] 
                  Trigger-Happy Landlord [-1LP] 

== Cyberware/Bioware == 
Attention Coprocessor Rating 3
Commlink
Encephalon Rating 1
Muscle Augmentation Rating 1
Muscle Toner Rating 1
Reaction Enhancers Rating 2
Smartlink
Wired Reflexes Rating 1

== Armor == 
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit   6/6
   +Biomonitor
   +Nonconductivity 1
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit   6/6
   +Biomonitor
   +Nonconductivity 1

== Weapons == 
Ares Predator IV
   +Quick-Draw Holster
   +Sound Suppressor
   +Smartgun System
   Pool: 7   DV: 5P   AP: -1   RC: 0
Browning Ultra-Power
   +Quick-Draw Holster
   +Smartgun System, Internal
   +Sound Suppressor
   Pool: 7   DV: 5P   AP: -1   RC: 0
Defiance EX Shocker
   +Concealable Holster (2050)
   +Quick-Draw Holster
   Pool: 5   DV: 8S(e)   AP: -half   RC: 0
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 4   DV: 2S   AP: -   RC: 0

== Commlink == 
Hermes Ikon (4, 0, 0, 3) 
   +Mapsoft (NY Metroplex) Rating 6

== Gear == 
Ammo: APDS (Heavy Pistols) x60
Ammo: Gel Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x115
Ammo: Taser Dart (Tasers) x75
Certified Credstick, Standard
   +Fake SIN (Cadence Langely) Rating 3
Cram x5
Fake SIN ((Bella Castoway, Medical Supply Procurement)) Rating 3
   +Fake License (Ammo: Gel Rounds) Rating 3
   +Fake License (Reaction Enhancers) Rating 3
   +Fake License (Wired Reflexes) Rating 3
   +Fake License (Ares Predator IV) Rating 3
Fake SIN ((Sally Redfield, M.D)) Rating 3
Glasses Rating 4 x2
   +Image Link
   +Smartlink
   +Vision Magnification
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 2
Grapple Gun
   +Stealth Rope (100 m)
   +Standard Rope (100 m)
Medical Shop
Medkit Rating 6 x2
Psyche x5
Spare Clip (Ares Predator IV) x3
Spare Clip (Defiance EX Shocker) x3
Stimulant Patch Rating 5 x6
Tranq Patch Rating 5 x5
Trauma Patch x5

== Vehicles == 
Mercury Comet (Sedan)
   +Vehicle Sensor
10speed-bicycle
   +Bell 
   +Lock
   +GPS

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Martello posted:

Let's get back to it!

Worm grins at Skunk. "Sure, bro. I can, like, totes do that. Thanks for the discs, been looking for those for like, a while!" His smile turns wheedling. "But, y'know, I'm like, a little short on rent this month. Think you could give me, like, two hundred japerinos? Just to like, make it square?"

Skunk

"Of course! You think I'ma gonna roll up in here, in you casa, ask a favor, and not expect to pay for your services? Here's 250, so you cant tell your momma I got manners and she doesn't have to pull me around by my ear like when we was kids."

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

quote:

Scanning through more tagged footage, Arkady finds that Danilov frequents a Russian bar in Little Odessa called Rasputin's. The video clip the Search Pro agents tagged shows Danilov walking into Rasputin's with a leggy blonde elf. Certainly not Cassandra.

Having found no sign of Danilov at his apartment. Jelena decides to head out to Rasputins.
It'd been a while but she'd taken many a car order at the Russian bar for the various low level players that frequented the place.

"Buckle up Gia." she said starting up the car and pulling out from the curb.

Pulling into the car lot at the back of Rasputins, Jelena scanned the spaces for Danilovs vehicle.

Looking for that one ride.: 10d6t5 2

Mmm, looks like a glitch. Must be something in her eye.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Gia

Gia eases herself into the car and assumes the position: feet on the dash, hand white-knuckling the handle above the door with the other clenching the seat. "Il signore è il mio pastore: non manco..."

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

kangaroojunk posted:

Skunk

"Of course! You think I'ma gonna roll up in here, in you casa, ask a favor, and not expect to pay for your services? Here's 250, so you cant tell your momma I got manners and she doesn't have to pull me around by my ear like when we was kids."

Worm ducks his head and gives Skunk a sheepish grin. "Nah, nah, I wouldn't never like, insult you like that, bro!" He tugs at the fingers on his left hand. "I just feel bad asking, 'cause like, we've been bros for so long, an poo poo, you know?" He holds out his hand to shake. "Anyway, gimme a couple hours, and like, I'll let you know when we're good."

IllustriousChen posted:

Vozač

Pulling into the car lot at the back of Rasputins, Jelena scanned the spaces for Danilov's vehicle.

Looking for that one ride.: 10d6t5 2

Mmm, looks like a glitch. Must be something in her eye.

She takes another circle around the lot, and this time, she spots Danilov's wheels.

She'd have rolled well enough eventually.

It's a Skoda MissionV sport coupe, mirrored finish and aftermarket ground-effect lights. Same stats as a Honda GM-3220 from Used Car Lot, but worth a lot more. Skunk or anyone with sufficient street smarts should be able to estimate cost if curious. At a glance, she can't tell what kind of security it might have.

GMNote: imagine that Ronnie introduced Serena to the crew at the same time as Gia.

Mercedes posted:

Gia

Gia eases herself into the car and assumes the position: feet on the dash, hand white-knuckling the handle above the door with the other clenching the seat. "Il signore è il mio pastore: non manco..."

She hears a voice, as if from the heavens: E venne fuori un altro cavallo, rosso; e a colui che lo cavalcava fu dato di togliere la pace dalla terra affinché gli uomini si uccidessero gli uni gli altri, e gli fu data una grande spada.

Martello fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 6, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Serena

Quando l'Agnello ruppe il terzo sigillo, udii la terza creatura vivente che diceva: "Vieni!" E vidi apparire un cavallo nero. Il suo cavaliere aveva in mano una bilancia, Serena morosely replied behind Gia, buckling up while casting an eye around.

To why it she was here with the rest of thugs? Pay off the debt to the Mafia with your sweat, blood, and or body parts.

Back with Ronnie awhile ago, it was a simple introduction of a sawbones to tag along to protect an investment while making her work for it. Or else.

ooc: Sorry, been busy looking for an apartment and other stuff.

AmyL fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 6, 2014

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

Pulling her car into a vacant space Jelena puts on the handbrake and turns to the other girls.

"I'm going to take a look at the marks car. See if there's any security we need to get past."

"Watch my back."

The parking lot was pretty full, wandering between a couple of cars Jelena adjusted the vision enhancers in her shades.

She took in the lines of the Skoda appreciatively and began looking at the setup of the car.

Security perception + vision enhancement glasses.: 10d6t5 6

Check out dem rims. (Vehicle security design.): 10d6t5 1

The car appears to have the standard security systems but there's something extra Jelena hasn't seen before.

Taking her phone from her pocket she snaps a couple of pictures of the hardware and dials a number.

"Branco, it's Lena, how you doing? I've got a couple of pictures I need you to check out. What am I looking at here?"

Edit: I missed out the perception roll so I've put it in.

IllustriousChen fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 7, 2014

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
"Standard antitheft system, looks like. But also I see a panel on the front left fender, that shouldn't be there. Be careful, Lena, I think that is weapon mount. Probably flexible, from size I think maybe light machine gun."

Too bad we lost our hacker. He'd be great for this kind of thing.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Gia

Sliding down in the car seat, Gia rests her head against the door and scans her surroundings.

Perception, +2 for Visual Magnification 3d6t5: 0

Jesus christ...

The car "ride" was getting to be too much for Gia's sensibilities but she tries to soldiers on; suppressing her queasy stomach with steady breathing.

Mercedes fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 12, 2014

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

Still on her phone Jelena turns back towards her car.

"What am I gonna need to get past that system Branco? I've got a Jammer with me but the signal strength isn't up to much."

She leans up against the hood of her Hyundai and shakes a smoke out of her ever present pack of Morleys.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

IllustriousChen posted:

Vozač

Still on her phone Jelena turns back towards her car.

"What am I gonna need to get past that system Branco? I've got a Jammer with me but the signal strength isn't up to much."

She leans up against the hood of her Hyundai and shakes a smoke out of her ever present pack of Morleys.

"If you can't hack, you will need to burn. Jammer won't do job. Need EMP or similar."

You guys might want to hire a hacker if you want to rig a bomb onto the Skoda. Skunk's pal Worm is available, since he's done with the job Skunk gave him.

Meanwhile, Skunk gets a call from Worm.

"Yo bro, how's it going? Good, good. So, like, I cracked the guy's phone. He's like, a pimp or some poo poo. There are a few girls he gets, like, sexts from all the time. Some pretty, like, hot and sexy stuff in there." Worm giggles nervously. "I spoofed a number and like, sent him a text from one named 'Ilyana.' Figured your like, home turf would make sense, so I said that one coffee shop in Little Manila, you know the place your mom likes?"

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

"Thanks Branco, I'm buying the vodka next time."

Jelena ends the call and flashes out a message to Skunk.

.:You know a hacker we could hire? The security on the car is going to need bypassing:.

Glancing over to the bar she taps on the roof of the car.

"I'm going to go into the bar, try and get eyes on Danilov. You girls coming?"

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Gia

"If next time you go the speed limit-ish, I'll do whatever you want," Gia says, stumbling out of the death trap.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

I apologize for this but where is everyone? I lost track since I'm juggling stuff around along with a storm dumping a ton of snow outside. Also, looking for my 4e book, which I have as a pdf but I prefer the physical copy. Gah, just not good way to start the week.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Skunk is out and about doing his gladhanding thing. You, Gia, and Jelena are in the car outside of Rasputin's - or getting out to go into the bar. Peter - the new dude who hasn't been introduced to the group yet - is under orders from Ronnie and sniffing down other information about Danilov.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
Yup, my guy Peter was in the other group but new to this one, so I'm trying to figure out what his current legwork should be before I write my introductory post. Peter has a Sokolaya soldier contact, but it seems like it'd be idiotic, if not suicidal, to ask a soldier for info on a fellow soldier who's about to get whacked, so I need to come up with another angle to pursue.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Here's all the info we had scraped up for this caper. You might find an angle to play in here somewhere.

quote:

Martello posted:
Arkady knows Danilov is part of Skids Baransky's crew. Skids and his boys handle both extortion and drugs, focusing on cram and nitro. Vic is mostly involved in cram distribution, moving product to the low-level dealers. Arkady doesn't know much about his relationship with his Italian counterparts. Vic is a quiet guy, unlike his crew boss.

Jelena has not only heard things about Vic, she's met him a few times. He may be quiet, but there was always something in his eyes she didn't like. It wasn't quite a leer, it was somehow creepier in its subtlety.

Jelena knows that Skids and his entire crew are rivals of Ronnie's people. Skids is a level or so down from Ronnie but acts as if they're equals. She's pretty sure Skids and Ronnie would love to see each other dead.

"I don't mind telling you guys, Vic's been stealing from the syndicate." Ronnie waves his cigarette. "He skims product from his own shipments, sells it himself off the books in Philly. Problem is, I have no hard proof and I can't go to fuckin Skids about it, let alone kick it up the ladder on either side of the house. So, you guys are my answer."
"He lives in an apartment in Elmwood Park, near Pizza Town USA." Ronnie sends everyone a geo-tag to the apartment. "I'm not sure the security level but I'd expect at least a basic surveillance system, maglock, maybe biometric lock. poo poo like that." He stubs out his cigarette. "He lives alone, but I know he has a Filipino girlfriend from Little Manila in Queens. He stays over there sometimes I guess."

Skunk hasn't heard much about Vic Danilov. He's a low-level Syndicate soldier, not particularly well-known to those outside that culture. He knows his name, and that he apparently can shoot. That's about it.

Skids is a bigger name to Skunk. His crew moves a lot of drugs, and Skids himself likes to employ shadowrunners. He usually picks street scum just starting out, and has been known to double-cross more than once. Runners who work for Skids either don't know any better or really need the money. Skunk doesn't know how many dudes are in the crew, he thinks somewhere around five or six.

Elmwood Park is a pretty quiet neighborhood. Knight Errant keeps a tight hold on the residential area. The closest thing to active gangs are troublesome kids out to show their Ares-employee parents that they're independant by vandalizing cars and maybe the occasional mugging.

Skunk thinks hard about girls in Little Manila who like white meat. He's pretty sure that one Cassandra broad was going with a guy from Jersey, some kind of criminal. A quick call to Tito Boy confirms it. Cassandra's shacked up with that Russian guy from the Syndicate, Vic something or other. Cassandra and Vic are regulars at Tito's restaurant. The girl lives on 65th, close to the Pink Rose Day Spa where she works. Skunk thinks maybe he should put in a call to Abby Bantug and see if he can work anything out with her on this.

Paul gives Skunk even more information. Vic is an elf who looks closer to human, but the kind all the girls are after. Paul thinks Vic is sleeping around on Cassandra, but as far as he knows Cassandra isn't wise to it. Vic likes his pistols and maybe has storebought eyes but Paul thinks that's about it.

Arkady's able to find some of the same info that Skunk already got from his contacts - Knight Errant surveillance footage of Danilov going in and out of Tito Boy's restaurant, etc.

Scanning through more tagged footage, Arkady finds that Danilov frequents a Russian bar in Little Odessa called Rasputin's. The video clip the Search Pro agents tagged shows Danilov walking into Rasputin's with a leggy blonde elf. Certainly not Cassandra.

A lot of the tagged footage shows Danilov with another permanent (Russian) member of Skids' crew. Arkady already knows him; a troll bruiser named Sasha, last name unknown.

He also finds a commcode registered in Danilov's name. Arkady follows the code to its source, Danilov's commlink.
The girl Vic's been seen with is a tall blonde elf, you guys aren't sure who she is or what her profession is yet. Feel free to ask around, and Arkady can try to hack Vic's commlink.

Jelena scrutinizes the photos of Danilov's door. She notes the maglock, callbox and camera, then focuses on the unusual additional security measures. Beneath the maglock is a printpad, looks like the kind where you make a fist and roll the side of your hand against it. Jelena isn't sure, but if she was a betting woman she'd put money on the maglock and printpad being redundant systems. Danilov - or anyone else wanting in - would have to swipe a keycard as well as roll his hand on the pad. Jelena also notices some kind of panel in the door that isn't in the neighbor's. She's seen gunports for auto-gun systems before, and it looks similar.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

Rasputins hadn't changed. Though it had probably looked the same when it was opened. Grime and all.
Behind the bar the liquor bottles were lit with a garish neon glow that made even the high end brands look cheap.

Jelena stepped up to the bar and nodded to the barmaid.

"Three Plum Rakias." Sliding the drinks to the other girls she raises her glass to them.

"Down in one. It will put hairs on your chest."

Turning to the room she took in the various groups drinking the night away. The rank and file at tables by the door, the higher ups in the booths at the back.
Most heads were turned to the squat TV in the corner, hiding in its mesh cage from the occasional belligerent bottle.

Doing her best to see through the cigarette smoke and gloom Jelena tried to get an eye on their mark.

Perception 7 + 3 for vision enhancement glasses.: 10d6t5 2

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Skunk

Skunk orders a loosey chicken wing at a Chinese take out joint and proceeds to eat while taking/sending calls.

Responding to Worm, Skunk says:

"Real slick, pare. You know you gotta send me some of those pics, right? Just do it so the wife and kids can't find it on my phone. And that coffee spot is fine. Hey, I have two more questions for ya. One, theoretically speaking, could you fix up some sort of remote detonation and or time bomb to blow up a car? Two, would you be interested in making a few extra bucks?"

To the team, Skunk mass video mails:

"Howdy, y'all. We have our boy's phone, hacked, tracked, and check some of these pics out (Skunk sends sexy but tactful non-nude pictures to the team)... A text was sent to him from 'Ilyana' (Skunk sends a picture of the girl) to meet him at a coffee shop (Location and pictures sent) for some extracurricular activities. Also, I think we can have a car bomb at our disposal, if we so choose to use it. Lemme know where y'all wanna meet to discuss the next steps and catch me up on what I missed."

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

IllustriousChen posted:

Vozač

Turning to the room she took in the various groups drinking the night away. The rank and file at tables by the door, the higher ups in the booths at the back.
Most heads were turned to the squat TV in the corner, hiding in its mesh cage from the occasional belligerent bottle.

Doing her best to see through the cigarette smoke and gloom Jelena tried to get an eye on their mark.

Perception 7 + 3 for vision enhancement glasses.: 10d6t5 2

Jelena scans the clientele. She sees a lot of synthleather jackets and bright-colored bowler hats, the "uniform" of low-level Sokolaya muscle. At a corner booth, she sees flashier clothes through a cloud of expensive cigar smoke. An elf, short for his kind, slouches in the corner where he can see the whole bar. His ears are a little less pointed than normal, his features more human. Handsome devil, though. Thick red-brown hair combed back from his high forehead, nice angular jaw and perfect white teeth. His eyes are that intense shade of blue you only see on the Spin Shops trid ads. An armored vest lined with real fur sets him apart from the street soldiers. A tall blonde elf, definitely the girl seen in the security shots, nestles under his right arm. She giggles and sips a Cosmo. On his other side, not so much nestled, is a dark-haired troll. This guy has muscles on his muscles, almost bursting out of a sleeveless form-fitting armor shirt. A fifth of mid-shelf Russian vodka looks like a beer bottle in his huge knob-knuckled hand.

kangaroojunk posted:

Skunk
"Real slick, pare. You know you gotta send me some of those pics, right? Just do it so the wife and kids can't find it on my phone. And that coffee spot is fine. Hey, I have two more questions for ya. One, theoretically speaking, could you fix up some sort of remote detonation and or time bomb to blow up a car? Two, would you be interested in making a few extra bucks?"

"B-b-bomb?" Worm's fear is clear through the voice connection. "Skunk, bro, like, I don't mess with, like, loving bombs! Outside my, like, ouvre. I can hack a car security if, like, that needs doing. No bombs, though."

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Is this dying again?

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
I keep waiting for people to have a go.

I'm considering doing something rash just to get a reaction.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
I check this every day, I just drew a huge blank on how to interject myself, even after reading the entire previous thread.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

By 1am the drinking is at it's peak and most of the bar is making it's various points in as vocal a fashion as possible.

Danilovs crew in the corner have been keeping it slow and steady, like they've got business.

As Jelena finishes her latest beer and places the bottle down on the bar the payphone by the toilets starts ringing. The bar maid answers, takes a message and hangs up.
She walks over to Danilov in the corner and picks up the empties from the table, leaving a note.

Barely glancing at the paper in his hand Danilov nods to his bodyguard and they begin to leave.

"Back in the car girls, this might get interesting."

From the drivers seat of her Hyundai Jelena watches as Danilov and the girl climb into his Skoda and the troll bodyguard into an adjacent SUV.
She puts a cigarette between her lips and follows the two vehicles out of the lot.

Following the little convoy at a slow and steady pace Jelena waited until they hit I95 before speaking again.

"Did either of you see Fast and the Furious 22? Some great car sequences."

With that she puts her foot to the floor and closes on the SUV in front.

The litany of what sounds like Italian profanity turns to screams as Jelena whips the car into the outside lane and then back across into the rear corner of the SUV,
spinning it round in a classic pit manoeuvre and leaving it for dust.

"Let's get this guy now, gently caress the clandestine bullshit."

Accelerating towards the Honda, Jelena flashes a manic grin at the others.

Rolling Initiative: 8d6t5 2
That's a total of 10 for initiative.

Mortal Sword posted:

I check this every day, I just drew a huge blank on how to interject myself, even after reading the entire previous thread.
Perhaps you can come in as the cavalry, or at least scrape up our remains.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Gia

Panic muddies Gia's senses, but her body knows how to react when it was time to work. "I hope I never see you again after this mission!" she shouts, reaching under her seat. Gia pulls out an ingram submachine gun and taking a moment to aim through the windshield at the SUV, she pulls the trigger.

Ingram Smartgun (6) + Specialization (2) + Smartlink (2): 10d6t5 4

Mercedes fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 9, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Serena

Serena open her mouth in disbelief with the way things are turning for the worst. "poo poo, poo poo, poo poo," she babbles, reaching down with her hands to grab her piece. Distressed, she fumbles around to find it, unprepared to how things were to go on down.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

IllustriousChen posted:

Perhaps you can come in as the cavalry, or at least scrape up our remains.

Haha, hopefully it won't come down to the latter. If nothing else, I can jump in next time everyone meets Ronnie, but with luck I'll figure something out before then.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Woah, woah woah! You guys all gotta roll Initiative. Except Jelena, she already did. Skunk, to get you into the action let's say you were on your way to Rasputin's to rendevouz with the rest of the crew. You pulled up just as Jelena chased Vic out of the parking lot. And guess what? Peter linked up with you somewhere in Little Manila and is now riding shotgun. Since you don't own a car but I don't want you guys on the sidelines, let's say you borrowed a Honda Spirit (check the main rulebook) from your rigger pal Danny, and it's adapted for rigging. So you can drive with your brain or let the car drive itself. Up to you of course.

Unfortunately, I'm heading out with my company to do some training with some British Army dudes for the next 12 days. I'll be back on or around the 27th. I may or may not be able to get in some phone posting but it's tough to do combat stuff via the phone. Either way, everyone post your initiative rolls via Orokos and we'll get to the action when we get to it.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Martello posted:

Woah, woah woah! You guys all gotta roll Initiative. Except Jelena, she already did. Skunk, to get you into the action let's say you were on your way to Rasputin's to rendevouz with the rest of the crew. You pulled up just as Jelena chased Vic out of the parking lot. And guess what? Peter linked up with you somewhere in Little Manila and is now riding shotgun. Since you don't own a car but I don't want you guys on the sidelines, let's say you borrowed a Honda Spirit (check the main rulebook) from your rigger pal Danny, and it's adapted for rigging. So you can drive with your brain or let the car drive itself. Up to you of course.

Unfortunately, I'm heading out with my company to do some training with some British Army dudes for the next 12 days. I'll be back on or around the 27th. I may or may not be able to get in some phone posting but it's tough to do combat stuff via the phone. Either way, everyone post your initiative rolls via Orokos and we'll get to the action when we get to it.

Ooops! Let me roll and....

Initiative: 8d6t5: 2 8+2=10.

Have fun with Tommy! Don't play rough with them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

I think I did this right.

Initiative: 6d6t5 1 Initiate of 7

Mercedes fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 17, 2014

• Locked thread