Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
I've gotta say, with the new season I'm rediscovering my love for this show! I'm glad pierce is gone, and I don't think I'll miss Troy much either, while professor Hickey is a fantastic addition to the group. One of my favorite things now is Hickey not knowing how to high-five/fist bump.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Scuttle_SE posted:

New Between the Takes for this weeks episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGDMBpI08xU
"Rhonda, why am I eating fajitas in my office? Is this something I requested?"

Hahaha, that totally should've made the episode.

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

Death By The Blues posted:

Sorkiny and an entire subplot to thinly veiled G.O.T didn't happen? I hate pop culture when its obvious I like pop culture when it can barely be called that, when you structure a whole frame work around it. Like the Fincher episode or the Law and Order. Or even a small identical shot of some one running being a homage to the Right Stuff in that KFC space ship episode.

This is the best post that has ever been in a Community thread and you guys have dodo bird brains for ignoring it.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

My friend and I have been doing the Troy and Abed double slap since season two and as soon as episode four aired we switched to this.

It is much easier to pull off.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don't see what you're pointing out here :confused:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don't see what you're pointing out here :confused:

We humans call it remorse.

It's something we exhibit after we do something that generates non-gender-biased disdain in others.

BLOOP BLORP.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
This episode had the best Chang in ages.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

V-Men posted:

This episode had the best Chang in ages.

The crying scene was apparently apparently Ken Jeong's personal favorite moment as an actor.

A Boring Story
Mar 27, 2008

We're not going to Catalina, are we?
Duncan was great in this one too. "Fly on the wall is an expression too, but if I suggested that we have a 'fly on the wall' dance, you might ask me to EXPLAIN MYSELF."

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

A Boring Story posted:

Duncan was great in this one too. "Fly on the wall is an expression too, but if I suggested that we have a 'fly on the wall' dance, you might ask me to EXPLAIN MYSELF."

John Oliver definitely deserves good lines, it was great to see him in something now that he's gone from The Daily Show.

The cocktail scene with the Dean is probably my favorite of the season so far. The David Bowie callback from earlier and the Dean's insistence on "easy peasy lemon squeezy", classic Dean. :allears:

Aristurtle Records posted:

I don't think I'll miss Troy much either

During the scene where the gang defends Hickey's billboard all I could think is why isn't Troy screaming his lungs off and then I remembered why and was all :sigh:.

Pyzza Rouge fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 1, 2014

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

El Murguista posted:

John Oliver definitely deserves good lines, it was great to see him in something now that he's gone from The Daily Show.

The cocktail scene with the Dean is probably my favorite of the season so far. The David Bowie callback from earlier and the Dean's insistence on "easy peasy lemon squeezy", classic Dean. :allears:

The "macho rock star" line was great. Just the right amount of dean-ness.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

We humans call it remorse.

It's something we exhibit after we do something that generates non-gender-biased disdain in others.

BLOOP BLORP.

I don't know man, it looks like she ate a very zesty lemon to me. Could be anything. (Excuse my poo poo posting :downswords:)

big mean giraffe posted:

The "macho rock star" line was great. Just the right amount of dean-ness.

Agreed, the Dean was on a roll this episode. The fascination with Labyrinth and his insistence on the toast as the clincher were great.

HppyCmpr fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 1, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Aristurtle Records posted:

I've gotta say, with the new season I'm rediscovering my love for this show! I'm glad pierce is gone, and I don't think I'll miss Troy much either, while professor Hickey is a fantastic addition to the group. One of my favorite things now is Hickey not knowing how to high-five/fist bump.

I think Hickey is great, but I'm worried his appearance on community will be short-lived since he's been contracted to work on that Breaking Bad spinoff.

As much as I hated Pierce, it was always hilarious to hear his overtly racist and bigoted humor. I'm actually glad that his seminal death reinforced why everyone really hated Pierce. It helped me let go of him.

That said, Troy leaving was a bit upsetting. No more "Troy and Abed in the morning." (You sung that in your head right?)
I wonder how Abed's character development will be affected by this. I know they did that entire cloning thing, but is that it? Are they just going to forget about Troy and completely move on, as if he didn't exist? I'm not sure if that'd be a cop-out or if it would make sense with his specific character because of his autism.

Please correct me if I am wrong, though.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Ravane posted:

That said, Troy leaving was a bit upsetting. No more "Troy and Abed in the morning." (You sung that in your head right?)
I wonder how Abed's character development will be affected by this. I know they did that entire cloning thing, but is that it? Are they just going to forget about Troy and completely move on, as if he didn't exist? I'm not sure if that'd be a cop-out or if it would make sense with his specific character because of his autism.

Please correct me if I am wrong, though.

I'm wondering if they'll attempt to use Brie Larson in his place; in some way. Maybe she's to similar to Abed to keep around for long though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't know if Jonathan Banks will be in a hypothetical sixth season/movie, but he'll be in every episode left this season at least. He signed on for 11 out of 13 and he's already absent from 2.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

HppyCmpr posted:

I don't know man, it looks like she ate a very zesty lemon to me. Could be anything. (Excuse my poo poo posting :downswords:)

"Mr. Hawthorne is requesting Sourface".

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm currently listening to Joel McHale guesting on Bill Simmons' podcast yesterday. A lot of it is talking about the Superbowl and Seattle sports in general (Joel's a Seahawks fan), but there's a few Community highlights:

-Joel attempts to explain the genesis of "Six Seasons and a Movie" to the small audience of drunken people who had wandered into the room. They recorded the podcast on some sort of Bud Light-sponsored Superbowl Party Cruise.

-He rips on Season 4 a good amount, in defense of Harmon.

-He mentions a few upcoming episodes, including a Logan's Run parody and an animated episode in the style of the 80s G.I. Joe cartoon.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 1, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

hcreight posted:

-He mentions a few upcoming episodes, including a Logan's Run parody and an animated episode in the style of the 80s G.I. Joe cartoon.

Futurama already did it. :colbert:

Well, at least its not anime.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Of course not, we already did that. :v:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well at least I got three weeks to watch Logan's Run

ov
Jul 28, 2004
SEE THAT WET SPOT ON MY PANTS? WATCH ME MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT SPILLING A CASSEROLE
Is Brie Larson literally the exact same person as Emma Stone?

Also I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Also some homosexual in the P&R thread said that this episode and the latest P&R episode had the same plot? I don't understand.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ov posted:

Also some homosexual in the P&R thread said that this episode and the latest P&R episode had the same plot? I don't understand.

Favors being done for favors.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I thought that too at first, but the chain of favors in P&R only went about two levels deep and resolved quickly. It wasn't really a focus of that episode.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

ov posted:

Is Brie Larson literally the exact same person as Emma Stone?

Emma Stone is an incredibly popular and versatile actress while Brie Larson is best known for appearing on Tonight Show sketches.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
This episode was awesome, in my opinion. Very funny. I enjoyed it much more than the previous two.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Emma Stone is an incredibly popular and versatile actress while Brie Larson is best known for appearing on Tonight Show sketches.

I thought she'd be more well known for Scott Pilgrim or 21 Jump Street; but then again I don't want the Tonight Show.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I also really liked it - it was the little, surreal things that made it seem like Community to me.

Like the Custodians throwing a fancy high-class party in Greendale's basement, complete with a Woodworking Original. The Parking Czar having framed posters of parking lots and the history of parking passes on the wall behind him. Abed and the Deaf Lady using actual sign language, even when Abed signed the wrong things ("Sandals"). The Dean having fajitas in his office as if in a Mexican restaurant, complete with salt rimmed margaritas. Annie's hand collapsing through the wall, and a sparrow flying out of it, madly chirping. Chang's breakdown.

I didn't even recognize any of the guest stars except for Nathan Fillon, and I still enjoyed it.

Yes. Community is back.

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 1, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

ov posted:

Some what???

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

hcreight posted:

Those sound great.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

hahahaha irish joe watches the tonight show

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ov posted:

Using homosexual as an insult is really stupid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Come on guys, he's just channeling Pierce.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

What are you, my third wife's therapist?

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

LividLiquid posted:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

As much as I love Abed and hate getting spoiled on stuff, that scene was great.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LividLiquid posted:

I don't think he used it as an insult. Maybe that one poster just likes to be identified as a homosexual.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

ov posted:

Wow, you're an rear end in a top hat.

But P&R had Leslie and Ann going through various departments in a chain of favors to get something. So it is, coincidentally, similar.

ov
Jul 28, 2004
SEE THAT WET SPOT ON MY PANTS? WATCH ME MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT SPILLING A CASSEROLE

Last Chance posted:

Come on guys, he's just channeling Pierce.

Pierce is my favorite character by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Qu Appelle posted:

I didn't even recognize any of the guest stars except for Nathan Fillon, and I still enjoyed it.
You didn't recognize Robert Patrick, of all people?

• Locked thread