Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I totally heard Dusty's voice while reading that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I know all that was English, but I didn't understand a word of it. What is happening in that tweet?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LividLiquid posted:

I know all that was English, but I didn't understand a word of it. What is happening in that tweet?

hahaha, You think Dusty speaks English.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That tweet was completely accurate with how his promos are.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
I still can't believe that Dusty somehow manages to tweet exactly like he talks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I still can't believe that Dusty somehow manages to tweet exactly like he talks.
A trait he shares with The Iron Sheik.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've re-read it, like, six times and I can't understand a word of it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

I've re-read it, like, six times and I can't understand a word of it.

I'll try to translate:

Something something southern justice. Something something NWA. Something something I'll be your huckleberry.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
He says a lot of people are asking why he isn't at South by Southwest. He thinks that WWE thinks him and willie (not sure who that is) are told old for it, and want to send Cena instead.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Rob Naylor said Dusty was the hippest 68 year old you'd ever meet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

@ChikaraPro posted:

Believe it or not. http://ow.ly/i/4sWix

Link goes to this picture.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is that a logo for something I should know?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chikara.

E: So, no.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

LividLiquid posted:

Is that a logo for something I should know?

It's in the color scheme/style of The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not being in the lyrics for his theme)

E: so no.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

The Senator Giroux posted:

It's in the color scheme/style of The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not being in the lyrics for his theme)

E: so no.

Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So they're trying to tell us that Mike isn't home.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

So they're trying to tell us that Mike isn't home.

Course not. Wife threw him out.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The Goog posted:

I think it's very hard to call Ryback's recent Twitter antics "unintentional." The dude is pretty obviously going out of his way to have fun and play off of the people who hate him.

He's still a dangerous worker who shouldn't be on television until he can stop injuring people with basic moves, but he's at least a more entertaining one than he was three months ago.

Move him from active wrestler to WWE social media manager.

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

The Goog posted:

I think it's very hard to call Ryback's recent Twitter antics "unintentional." The dude is pretty obviously going out of his way to have fun and play off of the people who hate him.

He's still a dangerous worker who shouldn't be on television until he can stop injuring people with basic moves, but he's at least a more entertaining one than he was three months ago.

Granted I'll give you all that which you wrote, but, considering WWE's actual product is mostly wasted opportunities traded in for the status-quo, watching what these guys do outside of the ring is usually more entertaining than watching them actually apply their trade. Which is ironic because social media is basically a gate way into the IWC if you aren't already a smark to begin with.

I basically have a theory that Vince doesn't really know what social media is, but hes heard it so much in meetings that he just drives into it full throttle going "get me as many of them tweets and likes as possible." But, if you gave Vince a computer he probably wouldn't even know how to get to his Super Star's Twitter pages.

I just find it extremely ironic that Vince has set up a system of literally creating Smarks whenever a young teen/adult starts looking into why his/her favorite super star is disgruntled from social media, but yet hates the IWC at the same time, because he still has the mindset of a early 80's territory carny promoter.

Its like some Shakespeare level of complex irony, but only unintentional to the point of absurd when you think about.

I just can't think of another product anywhere close to what WWE produces where the fans are basically screaming for it to be successful, want it to be successful, are in some cases, begging for it be successful and the formula on how to do it is right in front of them, and everyone is kicking the answer to them only to watch WWE say, "nope. gently caress you, here buy this John Cena T-shirt" over and over again.

I really don't know why I'm still a WWE fan, I really don't, but I'll continue to watch it because I always know where to find it and watch it, every single loving week...

Sorry, went kind of on a tangent there...

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Sionistic posted:

He says a lot of people are asking why he isn't at South by Southwest. He thinks that WWE thinks him and willie (not sure who that is) are told old for it, and want to send Cena instead.

Willie Nelson

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SiKboy posted:

Move him from active wrestler to WWE social media manager.

I actually kind of like Rybaxel as a tag team. Neither of them are very interesting on their own, but they have a great bully/toadie dynamic with each other, and the story of how they got together as Abandoned Heyman Guys makes sense. Just keep them out of singles action and I'm cool with it. It's a good way to improve without getting a major spotlight push.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
If they learned some cool tag in turnbuckle power moves nobody could stop them. Why don't tag teams have spots like those anymore?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

They where doing a few in the build up to TLC which where fun, and I remember during the Heyman feud where they tagged up against Punk they did some good looking tag moves together.

Agreeing with the Rybaxel love, they work surprisingly well together along with a fun dynamic between the two of them. Plus it keeps Ryback from straight out murdering dudes in singles. I'd say with the many tag team break up teases they're running at the moment Rybaxel honestly has a chance at a title run and I'd be fine with that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
e: wrong thread, but Zeb has been on a roll with super bowl burns.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The link to Goldust's Twitter in the OP is wrong. It's just @Goldust, not @WWEGoldust.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

The link to Goldust's Twitter in the OP is wrong. It's just @Goldust, not @WWEGoldust.

thats what it was before he was fired last time. he then changed it to dustin_rhodes1 now its goldust.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
The OP also still has Ryback as @skip_sheffield so it's a bit out of date anymore.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
This might be the best one.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Jack Anderson posted:

This might be the best one.

:golfclap: Zeb, best heel in wrestling today

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Irritated Goat posted:

:golfclap: Zeb, best heel in wrestling today

All from Zeb.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I'm Australian and that's still all amazing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought the halftime show was good :(

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Zeb's tweets are less funny as a xenophobic gimmick when you read about what else was being tweeted during the Super Bowl. :smith:

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Zeb's tweets are less funny as a xenophobic gimmick when you read about what else was being tweeted during the Super Bowl. :smith:

Not really.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

There's a disappointing amount of "we speak American" in this blog. I would have thought at least half of the tweets would have had that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

go back to England if you wanna speak english, pal. We speak american here.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

sticklefifer posted:

Nice. Thanks for this link to the public shaming tumblr, which is definitely not extremely retarded.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Nice. Thanks for this link to the public shaming tumblr, which is definitely not extremely retarded.

As social justice Tumblrs go, it's pretty tame and consistently highlights some really hosed up social issues with Twitter.

It's especially tame if you've ever read some of the blogs in the PYF thread that claim things like "all PIV sex is rape", or "this TV show is triggering by exclusion because it doesn't have rape in it".

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Twitter trolls are a boon for inequality industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

That's for outing yourself as being extremely retarded.