Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Bible posted:

Yeah, you made the getaway, I was just giving you the chance to elaborate on that a bit further. Where are you all going, and when do you all plan to meet there to plan the next meeting with Kim?

Lay low at the Panic Room I had prestocked at the Rave while we sort out details, transportation, etc, till around 4AM and then we're moving onto another safehouse for the day. I will call my nurse contact to treat Melody/Rigged and put me in touch with someone who can provide extended care for the next week or so. Then we move one last time and make contact with Kim till the meet. I want to meet kim within 48 hours but we don't make contact for the first day, we need to take care of our own people first. After that I want to look into plans to leave town for a month at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Yeah, Mad Dog will stick with Clean and go to the meet after the first day.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
The nurse tends to both Melody and Rigged Deck. You each recover 4 physical from her treatment. If anyone else needed and wanted healing from her, 4 physical for them, too. You also rest 24 hours, so make a Body x 2 roll. Each hit is an additional Physical box recovered.

From Rigged Decks checks on the Matrix, it would appear that while there are images captured by various outdoor cameras during the breakout, none of them managed to get a very clear face shot, and the SIN data you entered with mysteriously disappeared. There is a pretty sweet midair shot of Capstick leaping from the roof of the building.

It is being framed as an act of corporate warfare by S-K (as well as doing its best to downplay the situation), and the government is subtly playing up fears of Chinese Terrorism. No word from Kim, strangely enough, but perhaps he is aware of just how hot you all are and is also laying low.

When you're ready to meet up with Kim, let me know. In the meantime, if any individual characters have any plans beforehand, now is the time to do them.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Minjun Young "Rigged Deck"

Natural heal: 6d6t5 2

Still bandaged and a bit wounded, curiosity overtakes the decker. Rigged knows not to plug in the chip, so he doesn't - but that doesn't mean he can't grab microscopes and check it out as much as he can while being very, very careful not to actually mess with it in any way. He also hits the Matrix, making sure to stay anonymous, and probes the data havens he knows of for any clues as to what it is.

Of course, he does this AFTER he applies some repairs to his deck, while muttering under his breath about those drat technomancers...

Repair Deck: 13d6t5 3
Knowledge: Comp Sci: 12d6t5 4
Knowledge: Data Havens: 12d6t5 3

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog Edge: 5/5

With little else to do but sit around and wait, Mad Dog contents herself with hovering over Deck's shoulder and incessantly asking questions while he repairs his equipment.

Natural Healing: 6d6t5 2, so all healed up.
We get that 1 edge back from resting too, right? Also, ready for the meet.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
From what you can gather, the chip is definitely some cutting edge new poo poo. It is definitely a processor, but with some advanced parallel processing features, probably AI, but not like, rip-open-the-Matrix type AI, just really advanced logic processing abilities. Something like this would be useful in developing extremely intricate hardware of almost any type. Expected for a company like S-K, and understandable some other corp would want it.

From your data havens, you pick up a little extra info regarding the break-in from resident S-K IT nerds with access to more sensitive info. Internally, all hell is being raised over the theft of the processor, and there are rumors of a massive hunt being organized to track it down and retrieve it. This may all just be bullshit, of course.

I've rethought my policy on restoring edge. We'll restore all of it, since this phase is now over. Just restoring one isn't enough, I think.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Rigged blinks as he leaves VR, and stares up at Mad Dog, having done his best to answer all her previous questions.

"...We need to get rid of this loving chip pronto. It's hard to tell the truth from the bullshit, but I don't want to take chances. This chip is strong. Makes sense why any other corp would want to get their hands on it, and eh, gently caress SK. I just hope we aren't working for Renraku or MCT or something. But regardless, I'm hearing a lot that Saeder is losing their poo poo, and there's a good chance some bloodhounds are searching for us. Now, I'd bet plenty of nuyen that, once we make the drop off, SK's gonna know the hunt's over; that's just how this business works. Until then, this merch is blistering hot."

If Rigged has more time, he quietly excuses himself from the others, finds a nice corner, gets comfy, slots in a dreamchip...and now he's an ACE DECKER AND GUNSLINGER, taking down the sinister Renraku and their pet AIs, saving the world, and getting the girl.

Assuming I can only roll the repair check once, so instead I take DRUGS :D

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Oh. That's not good." She sighs and takes a seat. "We should get Kim soon, then."

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
The book isn't clear on how many times you can repair a matrix device, but I can't imagine you only get one try. Since you're all laying low for a full day, I'll just say that you have the time to really buckle down and fix it.

And then you have time for your computer drugs.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Right! Deck repaired!

...And now for some :catdrugs:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 5/5

Niles doesn't really "do" downtime so after checking his 'ware for damage he begins patrolling the streets around the safe-house. He spends some time on the roof and in the local sewers in addition to the street level.

After hearing what Rigged has learned, he chimes in. "We need to contact Kim soon so we have time to scout out the meet. I think only one or two of us should go in, we need to watch out backs. Also, that mage who flaked on us is worrying. He knows enough to do some damage, this loose end needs to be tied up."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Just put me down for sleeping till the next scene comes up. Sorry not to put more in but as I said, going to be busy till Sunday or Monday.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
Edge: 5/5
Current Damage: 0P/0S

"Ok let me set up the meet. I'm gonna need the following things arranged. We need a car, a very good getaway driver preferably who has extra motivation to stay honest with us besides pay. One of you riding in the back with a gun pointed at said drivers head would work or someone whose a sentimental type, aka the type who has kids. I don't like to play dirty but this job turned out to be as hot and dangerous as any that was a rush and I do not want to gently caress around. I also want overwatch, any of you decent with a sniper rifle? I'll see to it that you have one provided. And I'd like one of you to come with me to the meet openly."

In regards to what capstick mentioned, Clean's response is quick and simple. "Find him and kill him. Him and anyone else he associated with enough to talk about the job that might catch feelings. If you can't do it alone we'll all hit his poo poo and leave him in the dirt. Can't have any loose ends." With that he contacts his people. To the Yakuza contact "Kash": [Thank you for your assistance earlier, I need you to look into acquiring an item for me. Cavalier Arms Crockett EBR with a selection of aftermarket enhancements. I will list them below.
-Replace the scope with an external smartlink rig and Vision Magnification. Top Mount.
-Bipod
-Suppressor on Primary barrel. Must come assembled with package.
-A spare barrel equipped with a Gas-Vent System rating 3 that can be swapped out. This particular item can wait if need be.

Give me a price quote and time for delivery. Also look into basic items that serve a similar purpose that would be available within 12 hours time.]

After he gets done with Kash he contacts Mr. Kim
[Mr. Kim, we have completed the task as you requested. Propose we meet at any of the following locales. Though public the metahuman presence in the area will ensure any S-K intervention would be stymied. I've also linked two out of the way locations if this makes you uncomfortable.] First location is a nightclub VIP room at The Congo. Second is a children's hospital thats made the local news for facing possible closure this fiscal year due to budget constraints. Third location would be Studio 65 where the whole meet started. Fourth and Fifth would be warehouse district locales that are abandoned or in Yakuza held locations.]

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

As soon as Rigged comes down off the dreamchip (they never last more then an hour, after all) he gives Clean a look.

"Calm down, there. All you're going to do is raise our attention level. We started quiet, we end quiet. Waving guns around at drivers and threatening kids is only going to make people remember us all the more - also, it's bullshit rear end in a top hat behavior. If I wanted to do that I'd wear a fragging corp badge. No need to go around slotting civvies. We're living in the age if the wireless, you know. You put a gun to a man's head, don't matter how dumb it might be, he's gonna do a ringer. As for the mage, hell, the mage just got cold feet; he's got nothing on us but our code names. Doing a Matrix scan of 'Rigged Deck, Shadowrunner' isn't going to turn up drek, and unless you chummers are terrible at keeping your data clean, it'll do the same for you. SK isn't dumb; we drop this chip off and all contracts are off. They ain't Renraku; they're not gonna hold some kinda grudge and throw good money after bad. It's just the biz, man."

The scrawny decker stretches nice and slow.

"We're still in Seoul. We scatter and pull a runner on these streets, we may as well vanish. Well, maybe not for ME, but there's so many alleyways and sideways and staircases to nowhere that you need a map just to take a dump. Now, I can't drive - who the hell drives in Seoul anyways - and I only got one good arm, and rifles need two, so you can guess how great I am at that. I'll go to the meet in meat. Slide into the cameras, keep tabs on outgoing convos, that sorta thing."

How long would it take / hard would it be to get a Rating 18 item? It's neither restricted nor forbidden, and it's software (Agent) so it'd be available for download...though Rigged would likely try to do it anonymously.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean

"Yeah no decker man, I'm not playing it your way. We started quiet, we ended with a firefight and an explosion. I still remember the thermals of those 6 guards bodyparts flying around. And apparently what we have on hand is nova hot. Let me enlighten you whats happening right now, let me paint a picture if you would. The moment the breach was reported around the time Kerrigan and co put a hole in the roof if not sooner, the department head and the deputy of whoever was responsible for that merch were ringed that there was a physical breach. The deputy was probably asleep, the department head nose deep in some ladyboys rear end. Interrupted from the simple joys in life wageslaves, even powerful ones, get to enjoy they get on a conference call with security. Around this time they get word that they shot a few of us then 6 of their staff got blown the gently caress up. We now have a breach of an secure installations, dead corpsec, and there's a literal blood trail to follow on the rooftop we hopped from. If this merch is as nova hot as I think this it is, Regional might be conference calling in asking what in the literal gently caress happened at their onsite."

"Right now on that rooftop there are forensic nerds checking for the bootprints Capstick left to figure out his size, there are people trying to match any DNA from the blood donation you and melody left there. And the rooftop we jumped from where I rocketed 6 people to Valhalla. They'll be checking the forensics and the chemical leftovers of the explosion will probably tell them where that rocket was manufactured. I requested North Korean surplus for the plastique we didnt use and Aztech rockets so they are poo poo out of luck there, its common black market gear. Any of your blood trails may show up in a SIN database whether or not you have real ones or not. They will be putting DNA to alias's most likely."

"They probably won't come up with poo poo on you Rigged but I can't say the same for Melody. All this tells them thus far is shadowrunners were involved not a corporate strike team, which they already knew before even doing this. This is where it gets tricky though. S-K is a bit big on the reprisal business cause hey Lowfyr and they take a rather long view. We're turning the merch over ASAP so its no longer our problem so the black helicopter goon squad that helicoptered in from regional HQ will lay off our dicks and get tasked somewhere else. But its not over. Mageboy is the only one who knows everyone involved and everyone's roles, and knows the way we were gonna take in."

"They won't find him tommorow or this week if he's smart, but they'll catch him 2 or 3 months from now when he's on a new job and the folks in Insurance are looking over this incident and find him on a security camera and look back at the notes they had on file. Then black helicopter goonsquad takes him off the street, out of the country into international waters. In international waters theres a cargo ship thats a mobile black site where he will be beaten, waterboarded, interrogated, and between beat box sessions made to piss and poo poo on his naked rear end self while horrible goblin rock ballad covers mixed with kpop are played through the intercom into his room and only his room. And he will talk about everything ever, give a full statement. And then he will loving hang. Because he had cold feet and because we ruined some corp suits day. Because he has no redeeming talents besides being Awakened and weakness in a person overrides that beautiful gift. Its not like the corps are short of mages friend."

"And thats why he's going to die. The drop and getting paid comes first but after that its garbage day. Then its vacation time."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 31, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Also though we are just roleplaying some poo poo out, no one actually has a right I feel to submit some judgement on a player character who left the game. Said player may wanna bring back their dude in another game. That said can we say we tried to hit him but could never find him so if ltr ever recycles that particular character into another game he has a interesting part of a backstory to update in regards to seoul game and then move on after the meet.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"OK, first off, the ladyboy thing isn't even a stereotype of Korea. At least get your racism right. Bigot. Second, we didn't take down security guards with weeping spouses and lonely kids, we took down the response team. BIG difference. Third, mage boy never showed up; they got jack poo poo on him. He's a non-person, completely unconnected to us in every way, unless you two had a hot date I don't know about. They won't find him 'cause they don't even know he exists. Fourth, let's say somehow they look into the past and discover he was associated with us. Let's look at the big list of deets they get. A Korean hacker, poo poo, ain't we rare. A generic as hell waygook in a suit who acted professional, yeah, that'll be easy to look up. A freaky vatjob with crazy eyes. And...Mad Dog, I'm just now realizing you drive a scooter. If you weren't kinda terrifying that'd be adorable. He never even MET Melody. So hey, maybe Mad Dog'll want to . I get that paranoia's a part of this biz, but you start icing that wiz and everyone he's known, all you're going to do is get local PD investigating. Take it from someone who makes a living from not getting caught - you don't geek everyone who knows you if you want to stay quiet, you give them no reason to talk, make sure nobody cares about what they say, and then fill the Matrix with bullshit. And 'give them no reason to talk' is different from 'give them a reason not to talk.' Now that I've been so rudely broken out of my relaxation time, let me paint YOU a picture. What they're waiting is for us to panic. To act. Oh, they'll have their bloodhounds out and looking, but the best way to not get caught is to not stick your head out. So we schedule the meet with Kim. We approach from different avenues. We hand over the chip, we get our nuyen. We split back up and keep quiet a bit until SK loses interest. Best way not to alert Overwatch is to not do something illegal - and when you do, you reboot and presto, pure as snow. We pulled a vanishing act. We keep our noses clean and hand off the heat ASAP, and we're fine."

Mr Clean gets a much closer look.

"Something about this has your hackles up. You got history with SK, don't'cha? None of my business, I ain't gonna go digging here. A man's history is private. Just tell us - you being here, they gonna hit us harder for that?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Mad just listens, hands awkwardly stuffed in her pockets, until Rigged makes his point. "Listen, I'm as pissed as anyone else that he bailed on us without saying anything, but..." She rubs the back of her neck in a show of discomfort. "I don't want any part of this. I know you guys are freelancers, so I wish you best of luck and all that if you carry through on this - and I'll stay out of your way - but I'm here on favors. I'd be throwing my handler and my family under the bus if I were to pull any of this stuff you're talking about."

She fidgets a bit, desperately avoiding eye contact with anyone. "Um, I mean, I can kinda sympathize with the guy. I got cold feet a few times before when I was younger. I told everyone that I was bailing out way in advance," she qualifies, "but still."

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 31, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

Also though we are just roleplaying some poo poo out, no one actually has a right I feel to submit some judgement on a player character who left the game. Said player may wanna bring back their dude in another game. That said can we say we tried to hit him but could never find him so if ltr ever recycles that particular character into another game he has a interesting part of a backstory to update in regards to seoul game and then move on after the meet.

Hell, I'm hoping he has PMs after reading all that, because I would totally welcome him back for the rep and side-stories this opens up.

And Rigged, go ahead and get that agent. Software in 2075 has just got to be near instant delivery.

Update in a couple hours.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 31, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 5/5

Niles listens to the back and forth, remembering why he usually worked along.

"The murder of someone just because of cowardice isn't what I was suggesting. The fact of another team being there on the same day and seemingly minutes before us is too much of a coincidence to ignore. The possibility that he was in the employ of an other Johnson or team and acting as a mole is too strong to ignore. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of information to track him down with. However, Mr Kim does, or at least he had a way to contact him in the first place. I suggest we deliver the goods and see what Kim has to say for himself.

As for the meet, it could be trap and anyone walking into it might have to fight their way out. I think Clean and Mad Dog need to go in and the rest of us hang back on overwatch. Mad Dog is right, she isn't a free lancer so if she is there the chance of a setup is less likely if Kim would have to answer to her masters.

In any event, we need to get this chip out of our hands before we proceed with anything else."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Rigged nods to himself as a series of economic switches results in his credits going down and his new Agent being installed on his deck. He winces as he looks over his account; this job better pay, or he'll need to find some very serious work to make up for it over the month if he wants to make rent.

"Alright, I hadn't considered the potential connection between that weirdo mage and that elf hottie. Once we pass the chip off, we look him up, and at least see if he sold us out. If he did...well, that changes things a lot. SK may not hold a grudge, but I do. And alright, I'll stay a ways away, out of sight, and probably in VR. Maybe Amy should go with them; you mentioned she's good with negotiations, and we'll need a good face."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean

"Thank you capstick. Yeah it was never personal, its strictly business. Your reasons for wanting to let it go is it may draw attention and he doesn't know enough to get us in trouble. Except hold the gently caress on. Blitz, aka mageboy was at Studio 65 when we planned this whole thing out. And he met melody, I brought her that same meet as well and we all met her. I remember that because she hit my credstick pretty hard with drinks! He knew the playbook, he knew all the players, and he knows our johnson. He's a loose end, sorry he's gotta go. If it makes the local news its gang violence and if it makes the news in our personal circles, well gently caress em if they can't take a joke. Oh yeah that whole business with kerrigan, I got a AR message with her commcode, did you rigged? I guess she appreciated what we did for her there. Speaking of yeah what capstick said about there possibly being a connection there."

"Enough about talking about wacking people up holy poo poo, I feel like a mobster from a trid and the reasoning isn't that complicated. One step at a time, lets do this meet already." Clean pulls up a AR map of the town and certain areas starting lighting up. "I messaged Kim, I offered 5 meet locations. 3 of them in public locations where even if S-K or the competing team gets a bead on the meet, they can't bring any heavy poo poo to deal with us and 2 in out of the way locations. Two Nightclubs, some hospital thats facing closure in the district that anyone there could say they were posing as philantrophers or whatever you call rich people who wanna give back to the needy. Oh and some warehouse district spots. The chip's a chip and the go board we could fit in the back of a car. Easy day right? Way I figure it, do the deal, get paid, get out quickly. Might want to have a sniper ready for the doublecross so I'm contacting my yakuza guys to see if they can get me a decent sniper rifle. Sniper Rifles isn't a thing I do so I'm just making an inquiry for now and if we have the need for it, I can get the rifle acquired and some optics gear. Whoever grabs it can scout out the meet a few hours before and check things out.

Any suggestions on how we can do this better?"

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
Mr. Clean

You contact gets back to you in fairly short order.

"We can get the rifle and drop it wherever you want. You seem to be in a rush, which complicates things on my end. I can deliver, but it's going to cost you 15k. Give me the word and I can get it dropped within 6 hours."

And the first portion of the run is officially complete. I have to say, the RP was definitely a step above what I'm used to with tabletop RPG's, and you guys took things in a totally different direction than I expected, even befriending the group that was supposed to be a primary antagonist during the next run. You've made me do a lot of rewriting, and I personally love that. I no longer have a clear idea of just how this will play out overall, and that is the heart of tabletop RPGs. The players do indeed write the story.

So, Karma.

Everyone gets 8 karma, to reflect the excellent rp, the intelligence with how the run was planned and executed, and the quick and smart way you reacted when things went to poo poo. Just this once, don't worry about training times for skills. We can assume that whatever you boost is something you've been working on improving since before the run began.

I've been discussing grenades in the SR5 thread, but I think I'm just going to keep running them the way I have been. No chunky salsa, but that's the only houseruling I think we really need on it. Doc Dee made a good point. You don't dodge an explosion, it just doesn't work that way.

So, onto phase 2.

Clean sends a message to Mr. Kim. The response doesn't arrive for over two hours.

code:
[text message]
Congratulations on a job well done. I understand that the package you are holding is 
overly hot, and you probably wish to relieve yourself of it as 
early as possible.  We should meet in the warehouse district, as I believe it will be too 
risky to carry it in public. We will meet tonight, 12AM. Please do not be late.

Surveillance footage seems to show that you encountered a fair bit of resistance, and
I must congratulate you on overcoming seemingly impossible
odds. You and your team are truly professionals and should I ever
need the services of a team of runners again, you are at the very top of my list.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm kinda spent on super IC RP posts for the moment so just assume I relay the info to everyone.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 5/5

"I have spent some time behind a rifle, I can cover that angle. How soon can you get the gun? I want to head to the site of the meet right away to get it under surveillance as soon as possible. I want to see Kim's team arrive."

As soon as the rifle arrives Niles is going to pack his kist and head to the meet site to scout around. The plan is to go over everything within 2 blocks and specifically look for a vantage point here he can observe as many entrances to the building a possible. I also want to break into the building it's self and find a vantage point inside and a good, quick path between the two. Niles will bring enough food and water to spend the entire day and night out there to minimize the chance of Kim's team getting inside unobserved.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"I'm handy with a rifle, but I think he's expecting to see me there. At least, my handler would probably expect me to be there," she says, motioning to Capstick as he volunteers to scout it out. "There you go. I mean, I should probably always be at the meets, seeing as how I've got all of my equipment on me all the time." She stretches out her two cybernetic arms for emphasis.

Gonna have to think over what I want to use the karma on.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean

"I requested a Cavaliar Arms EBR, external smartlink, bipod, and suppressor. Also a spare barrel with the gas vent system on it so you can swap it out easier than getting an armorer to pry the loving thing off and ruining the equipment when you need to go quiet. 15 grand to have it all delivered. I can front 13k personally but I'd much rather see the cost split as many ways as possible as I'm not just buying this for a one time deal. Its a weapon we'll pass around the team between it looks like mad dog and capstick as we need on further jobs and its versatility is priceless. Go from the rooftop overwatch to inside the building taking out point targets with the rest of us if need be. If you want some special munitions let me know, maybe some Injection darts filled with Neuro Stun X, poo poo like that. I'll arrange for it if its possible.

Ok its settled. Me, Mad Dog, and Melody if she's up to it will be the face team to meet with Mr. Kim. Rigged on matrix overwatch, Capstick will scout a couple of hours prior and provide physical overwatch with the rifle. In case of double cross, we'll try to beat it back to the car. If thats blocked off, sewers to either of these 3 locations where we can get a respite. Then we'll figure things from there. Oh yeah if a doublecross does go down remind me to toss a frag grenade in the trunk with the go board, we'll keep the chip of course. Sound decent enough right?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Sounds good to me," she says with a shrug. "I can pitch in four grand after we get paid and pay it off as we go. Whoever pays off the whole of it can keep it, I guess. We'll see how I like it."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody Natler

"Oh, I can use a few tramua, stim, and some other patches," Melody calls out towards them, walking in no worse for the better after being nailed to the head. "Speaking of which, if there is a double-cross, you might want to destroy his Go board right in front of him if you can. Just to drive in the pain."

ooc: Buying Freefall up to 2 for 8 Karma. I have a feeling that rooftops might be in our future

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
Alright, anyone with karma remaining, now is your last chance to use it. Once things get going, you'll have to wait again.

You all rest a day, taking care of various concerns. The big day to meet with Kim has arrived. He has been radio-silent since his first and only message to you earlier.

Capstick

The morning is foggy and damp. The warehouse district is completely still, as if it has been entirely forgotten by the world around it. Many of the buildings are missing windows and no signs of power appear to be present in any of them. You hear the sounds of a few angry alleycats, but beyond that, nothing unusual. You find the location for the meet, but there are no signs of anyone being there. If they have arrived, they have done so very, very early.

Perception Test.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 5/5

I guess I should buy some points in Korean but he book is confusing. Will it cost me 3 or 4 Karma to get two points?

Scouting the meet with Kim, Edged: 13d6h5 3

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody Natler

Edge 5/5

Perception check:9d6t5: 2

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
Quantum Ninja

Your boss, Shark, a massive troll and killer (possibly literally) business tycoon has called you for simple stakeout job in the abandoned warehouse district.

You're looking for a group of runners. Should you see them you are under orders to silently signal your boss and follow them as closely as you can without being seen. You are backup in case things go south.

Perception check. And stealth check. You been here long enough to set up any magical and mundane stealth measures needed. You may also decide your position.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
Perception Visual/Image Enhanced 12d6t5: 3
Clean shows up to the meet dressed down for combat. Same jacket he brought to the initial meet at the Tranny Troll, the same one that has a bullet hole in it from the firefight the night before. He didn't really have time to get Melody's blood out but he sprayed it down with something to destroy the DNA. Soon as Clean's bike pulls up to the meet and is parked out of sight, he's unzipping a duffel bag and pulling out an assault rifle and a LBV to throw on top of his armor jacket to carry the bullets and grenades.

I specced in Rocket Launchers l0l.

pre:
Initiative: 14+2d6 Armor: 14 (Armor Jacket w/ Helmet) Nonconductivity: 6 Fire Protection: 6
Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Ranged Weapons:
Weapon   Acc	   DP Damage/Radius  AP	 Modes	 RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Ares Lt. Fire 75 6(8) 10/12   6P     —     SA   (1)  16/16 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50
APDS*                         6P    -4     SA   (1)  16/16 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50

Ingram Smartgun 4(6) 15/17 7P     —  BF / FA  (3)  32/32 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50
APDS*                      7P    -4  BF / FA  (3)  25/32 (c)    0–5/6–15/16–30/31–50

Ares Alpha 5(7) 16/18     11P    —2  SA / BF / FA (4)  42/42 (c)   0–25/26–150/151–350/351–550
APDS*          -   -      11P    -6  SA / BF / FA (4)  42/42 (c)   0–25/26–150/151–350/351–550
Ares Alpha GL 5(7) 13/15    *     *      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Frag* 18P(f)(-1/m)  +5      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL HE       16P(-2/m) -2      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Flash    10S(10m)  -4      SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL Smoke    N/A(10m)  N/A     SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500
Ares Alpha GL T-Smoke N/A(10m)   N/A     SS      (1)   6/6 (c)    5-50/51-100/101–150/151–500

Aztechnology Striker AV 5 13/15 24P (-4/m) -4/-10 SS (1) 0/1 (ml) 20–70* 71–150 151–450 451–1,500
Note: Minimum range for all launchers is 5 meters.

Physical Damage: 10	Stun Damage: 10	     Overflow: 3

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Wings
Physical: 0/9, Stun: 2/9, Overflow: 0/3, Edge: 3/3

Was Shark clear who I was backup for?

Wings is in the warehouse, completely invisible, and floating maybe twelve feet off the ground. Shark had sent him out here, almost no details, to "find a team" and "watch them". Whatever, Shark had paid his rent more than once, so how angry could Hwan really be? He was just annoyed that he might miss that movie with Khun.

He had brought forth four air spirits, and commanded them to watch the four corners of the warehouse, and he waited in the middle himself. He had a commlink in one hand and was busy pouring most of his concentration through the small, gold-and-silver ring on his other hand, keeping the spells up and his eyes open.

I'm bringing in four Force 2 Air Spirits, buying 4 hits on each. They resist: 1, 0, 1, 2. I buy off the Drains (11DP resist). They owe me 3, 4, 3, and 2 favors. I use one of each favor to "watch the outside corner of the warehouse and let me know if you see anyone."

Invisibility, Force 4 12d6t5 3; Resisting Drain (3): 11d6t5 3
The first roll says Force 8, but after consulting the rules I've conclude that was a drat chump move to try and I'd really like to not take a lot of stun damage before things start.

Levitation, Force 6 10d6t5 0 No glitch, though!; Resisting Drain (4): 2 So much for no stun damage! :v:
I'm going to buy a Levitation at Force 4, threshold 1 since Wings is <200KG. I can buy off two drain with my 9 resistance. I'll float in the middle of the warehouse, probably four meters up.

The four spirits' perceptions (NE, NW, SE, SW corners) 1,1,3,0 Spirit four isn't very bright, and managed to critical glitch its perception.
Looking out for things!: 1
Sustaining the invisibility and levitation make me incapable of focusing hard enough to actually hide, I guess. My roll history is a bit of a mess because I made a lot of rolls (looking out, hiding, and the levitation drain) without accounting for the -2/-4DP from sustaining the spells; I rerolled them all and only included the correct ones in my post. I *hope* that's okay. It won't happen again, I just got all excited about my first post.

Edit: After reading the summoning rules more closely, it's unclear how many spirits I may have summoned at once. The rules say I can only summon one at a time, so I guess that should be taken to mean "You may only have one summoned, unbound spirit at a time." If that's the case, I'll just summon one Power 2 spirit and tell it to walk around the warehouse outside and let me know if it sees anyone approaching, and I guess just use the first roll from each of my 4-spirit-block rolls.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 2, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
You are backup for him.

Also, unless you are also binding them, you can only have one spirit out.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Mad Dog is wearing largely the same attire as for the run. "You guys ready?"

Getting Freefall 1 for 2 (?) karma. Don't have my book on me.
Perception: 11d6t5 3

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
2 is correct.

Quantum (sorry, phoneposting and can't easily look up runner names), due to his awareness of the situation and area notices the group of runners approaching, but not until they are quite close. If anything does go down, the opposing team has the potential to be surprised.

As you approach the warehouse, a battered figure stumbles out the door. Through extensive bruising and some swelling, you can make out the face of the so far absent Blitz.

Shortly after, the bloodied form of Mr. Kim limps out behind him, led from behind by a massive troll, 3 meters high and at least as wide, with an equally ridiculously sized handgun jammed hard into the back of his head. He is wearing a very well tailored suit, possibly Italian, but under the circumstances, you find it hard to care.

The troll studies the group briefly. He speaks up in English with a heavy southern accent.

"Yeah, looks like that's them. I was sure you called the fuckin' cops or some poo poo. You better be fuckin' thrilled you didn't, or I'da' shot yer fuckin' elf or whatever through yer goddamn eyeball."

The troll holsters his weapon before approaching the team, glancing around at the roofs of the buildings.

"Got a good fuckin' sniper up there; Can't see the motherfucker for poo poo. Bet he's got my rear end all lined up, though."

He pauses for a moment, grinning.

"So, you're the fuckers who kicked the poo poo outta Kerrigan and her crew. Guess I thought you'd be bigger in person. Which a' you fucks is the hacker she's ruttin' fer? That guy hosed up my techno bad, he' way past the boiling point fer that one, heh. "

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Charsheet updated; as with the others, buying Freefall at 1.

Rigged arrives with Capstick and finds a nice spot in their overlook to get comfy, then shifts into stealthed hotsim VR. He sets his Agent to begin scanning for any hidden icons as he himself starts setting up the cameras.

Hack on the Fly with my programs as Agent, VM, Stealth, Fork, Exploit; I hit two cameras to gain marks. Then I use Snoop on them to watch through their eyes and use them as my eyes and ears. After marking I switch Exploit to Baby Monitor; I should always know what my OS is at any time with this set up. This roll would be for a hypothetical two cameras; if there are more, I can do the same vs then. Agent is going to be using Matrix Perception every round.

Agent: Matrix Perception: 12d6t5 6
Limited down to 4
Hack on the Fly: Mark Cameras: 20d6t5 7
Snoop: 11d6t5 4

...Uh, there are cameras around, right? :B If not IGNORE ALL THIS! But if there are, I'm gonna use Perception through them

Camera Perception (Limited by camera rating): 11d6t5 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

"That ugly fucker is correct, I have him in my sights. Remember to stay to the side of him"

Niles is much Taking Aim.

• Locked thread