Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
They tried one in F1, but I was making a joke.

Also hey SRA, I was just on iRacing running Trucks at Pocono with Art Seeger. You ever bump into him at the track? He was talking to some of the guys about only running like Pocono and NJMP because he doesn't have a sponsor. Pretty chill dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Weird. I forgot the other thread was closed and didn't have this one subscribed.

I think it was helping my blood pressure because gently caress all this new poo poo this year. This season is going to be a cartoon.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

"What? Me Worry?"

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Cygni posted:

Truex is currently doing his media day responsibilities from a tropical island while drunk.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but NASCAR.com has a brief clip from Truex's interview in this video.

EDIT:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jeff Gordon has a new paint scheme which makes the Axalta logo on the hood look less awkward:

http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/2014/story/_/page/2014-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-24-Team-Schemes

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Can he just run the classic rainbow scheme already?!?!

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Can he just run the classic rainbow scheme already?!?!

I never thought the day would come that I would feel this way too, but yeah, I miss it badly. :(

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Umm apparently in like 2007 there was a Joe Gibbs Racing coloring book and GBS found it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3606300

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

Umm apparently in like 2007 there was a Joe Gibbs Racing coloring book and GBS found it.

http://imgur.com/2XXeOUi

OUR GAY NASCAR FANFICS.

(seriously someone needs to go in there and edit it to make inside jokes only we'd get. I see some of these ripe for taking for edits).

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I can easily see someone putting in Tony's really ugly high school picture in that trombone one. That or the one you posted just take the "It's Denny Time" commercial of him and go wild with it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

I can easily see someone putting in Tony's really ugly high school picture in that trombone one. That or the one you posted just take the "It's Denny Time" commercial of him and go wild with it.

NASCAR FUN FOR THE WHOLE (france) FAMILY is another easy one.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Jeb Burton's truck team has Disappearing Sponsor Syndrome and is searching for new money.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BMB5150 posted:

holy poo poo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Brian France clicked that thread and now plans on NASCAR on the Moon by the end of the decade.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I can't stop laughing.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

A GBS thread where SASCAR goons and normal goons can laugh at NASCAR together? This is surely a good thing.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Personperson14 posted:

A GBS thread where SASCAR goons and normal goons can laugh at NASCAR together? This is surely a good thing.

Laughing at NASCAR is pretty much all we do these days.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
More cringing than laughing.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Or :ughh: ing

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

This is an interesting read about the dangers of and CTE that is plaguing NFL could be going around racing, specifically NASCAR.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/slipping-away-65-6-roa0214

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

BMB5150 posted:

This is an interesting read about the dangers of and CTE that is plaguing NFL could be going around racing, specifically NASCAR.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/slipping-away-65-6-roa0214

It makes sense, but given how little NASCAR cares about such a thing (until someone like Gordon, Earnhardt, Elliot, etc get it), not expecting anything to come of it. Hell, Boxing is still plenty of a thing as it has been for years, and that's a sport of literally beating the other guy braindead.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
This stuff is eventually going to destroy (or significantly alter) things as unexpected as women's soccer...which is gonna be a weird situation.

quote:

Two summers ago, as my collegiate soccer career was beginning at Northwestern University, I had the privilege of playing against two of the best goalkeepers in the country, Molly Poletto and Emily Oliver. By any reckoning, we were three of the most fearless and hardworking goalkeepers around, and we all had spent time playing for the U.S. Youth National Team. Yet, all three of us have been knocked out of the game by multiple concussions suffered while playing college soccer.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12/04/concussions-college-soccer-nfl-column/3873741/

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Slickdrac posted:

It makes sense, but given how little NASCAR cares about such a thing (until someone like Gordon, Earnhardt, Elliot, etc get it), not expecting anything to come of it. Hell, Boxing is still plenty of a thing as it has been for years, and that's a sport of literally beating the other guy braindead.

It's going to take a coordinated effort from all drivers in all sports that may suffer this but it's a very very tough thing to do. The NFL players have the union and the numbers to fight the NFL while racing has fewer drivers and no union to help.

So after Denver poo poo the bed in the biggest way possible, I'm ready for Daytona, nothing could be that bad, hell even the 500 last year was better than what I saw. Sheesh.

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004

mischief posted:

I can't stop laughing.

I remember the first time this was posted and I think someone should color it really nicely and have him autograph it.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

SPiTZ posted:

I remember the first time this was posted and I think someone should color it really nicely and have him autograph it.

CBJ, fight your way into the garage and get that really nicely painted one in the GBS thread and we've got ourselves something going then.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Get him to sign this version:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

BMB5150 posted:

So after Denver poo poo the bed in the biggest way possible, I'm ready for Daytona, nothing could be that bad, hell even the 500 last year was better than what I saw. Sheesh.

Just 12 more days until the Sprint Unlimited Bud Shootout!

And yeah, today's game made me glad that racing - at least in theory - isn't over until the final lap. Although Brian France, I'm sure, is working on tweaking that for 2015.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
So I screwed up and played the NASCAR video game and the career mode is terrible, but an excellent LASTCAR simulator. Even if you qualify well, during the race your car is hilariously underpowered, dropping positions left and right before the first turn.

And oh boy what a first turn. Even on easy difficulty cars are going double file, faster than you, and with a half car gap between them. If you don't wreck you will fall into the 35th-40th position and then you can work your way back up, among equally powerful rides like #87 Nemechek and #51 Smith.

And these guys fight tooth and nail for their back marker spots. Once again, on easy difficulty, a couple taps fighting for position will either wreck you or lose enough speed to drop positions.

So after squeaking past #07 Gordon and coming home in 37th place, I won 30000 credits. What can that buy? Jack and poo poo! The cheapest engine upgrade is 450000 credits, hot road course setups from Juan Pablo Montoya cost 100000, and new decals for a paint scheme you can't change until next season (50 events including one-off challenges) are out of budget.

My 8th race was in Kansas and I crushed it, qualifying 31st, finishing 20th, and wrecked Danica. I jumped from 43rd in the standings to 38th. I can almost afford a car part upgrade :bravo:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

You made me go to youtube.

What in the gently caress is this poo poo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmIcW92Ejew

Edit: Oh, this is some iphone crap.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 3, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

beggar posted:

So I screwed up and played the NASCAR video game and the career mode is terrible, but an excellent LASTCAR simulator. Even if you qualify well, during the race your car is hilariously underpowered, dropping positions left and right before the first turn.

And oh boy what a first turn. Even on easy difficulty cars are going double file, faster than you, and with a half car gap between them. If you don't wreck you will fall into the 35th-40th position and then you can work your way back up, among equally powerful rides like #87 Nemechek and #51 Smith.

And these guys fight tooth and nail for their back marker spots. Once again, on easy difficulty, a couple taps fighting for position will either wreck you or lose enough speed to drop positions.

So after squeaking past #07 Gordon and coming home in 37th place, I won 30000 credits. What can that buy? Jack and poo poo! The cheapest engine upgrade is 450000 credits, hot road course setups from Juan Pablo Montoya cost 100000, and new decals for a paint scheme you can't change until next season (50 events including one-off challenges) are out of budget.

My 8th race was in Kansas and I crushed it, qualifying 31st, finishing 20th, and wrecked Danica. I jumped from 43rd in the standings to 38th. I can almost afford a car part upgrade :bravo:

I qualified for pole at Daytona.

The game then wrecked me on like turn one each time I tried to race.

So I tried to find my copy of Total Team Control, because gently caress this poo poo. I was on iracing with a guy on the team, I think he was community manager or something. The iRacers were surprisingly nice, I was expecting someone to shout "your game can suck my DICK BIIIITCH" or "How does it feel to drive an accurate simulation of one of the tracks in your game with a great handling model" but no one did. :smith:

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...el-shelton.html

Credit where credit's due, the new truck bodies do look pretty good.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne

ThatCguy posted:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...el-shelton.html

Credit where credit's due, the new truck bodies do look pretty good.

We all said that for the new Cup bodies, too.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

elmono311 posted:

We all said that for the new Cup bodies, too.

They still look good, regardless that they race like poo poo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top:

quote:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 12m
Swan Racing has partnered with 50 Cent's audio and electronics company. Headphones and kisses for everyone!

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 12m
SMS Audio will be on Swan's cars, Kligerman and Whitt's firesuits, and both drivers will be featured on Swan-branded SMS Audio headphones.

Has anybody told Fitty who Swan, PK, and Whitt are?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

So I think that GBS thread is the first NASCAR thread to be goldmined?

Anyway NASCAR I'll give the credit is trying to make a more logical penalty system rather than 12-A Actions Detrimental from being too low to literally punching a driver.

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/nascar/sprint-cup-nascar/nascar-changes-penalty-system/

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top:

Has anybody told Fitty who Swan, PK, and Whitt are?

He's still confused like we were last year and thinks the owner is the other Brandon Davis.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
I can't wait for the first driver to get community service for spinning someone out.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Community Service. Community Service is a punishment for a NASCAR rule violation.

:roflolmao:

e- What the gently caress in the NASCAR realm constitutes community service? Driver has to ride along in the sewage truck that pumps out the port-a-potties after a race weekend? Driver has to pump the sewage?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- What the gently caress in the NASCAR realm constitutes community service?

I dunno, but seeing Kyle Busch picking up trash on the side of the road would be pretty drat funny.

or Junior, lol yeah right

• Locked thread