Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Troy and Abed were revealed as fans of Firefly back in the first documentary episode (that joke was, fittingly, how Fillion heard about the show in the first place and became a fan of it). Outside of that, I don't believe there's anything. Chang mentioned Nathan Fillion by name in the episode before, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
In their universe Sylvester Stallone played Malcolm Reynolds. a la Last Action Hero.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

MrAristocrates posted:

Troy and Abed were revealed as fans of Firefly back in the first documentary episode (that joke was, fittingly, how Fillion heard about the show in the first place and became a fan of it). Outside of that, I don't believe there's anything. Chang mentioned Nathan Fillion by name in the episode before, though.

I mean, the most obvious example of something like this is Abed doing a (pretty good) Draper impression to impress Annie, when Alison Brie is a regular on Mad Men.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Well this is weird

https://mobile.twitter.com/seahawks/status/430174577168498688?screen_name=seahawks

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

MrAristocrates posted:

I thought Chang screamed his name in the lava episode. Maybe I misheard/misremembered that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Knight2m posted:

I thought Chang screamed his name in the lava episode. Maybe I misheard/misremembered that.

That's what I was referring to with the Chang bit.

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Knight2m posted:

You're right. Nathan Fillion is Changs same sex celebrity crush.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Not so much; Joel McHale is from Seattle.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Apparently Joel doesn't use spell check.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

They also did one of those for a pro wrestler from Aberdeen. I guess they're just doing shout-outs to all the local celebs on Twitter who are cheering on the Hawks.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

HppyCmpr posted:

You're right. Nathan Fillion is Changs same sex celebrity crush.

Let's admit it, Nathan Fillion is every man's same sex celebrity crush.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GrandpaPants posted:

Fillion's getting a little too old and fat for me. Manu Bennett's my #1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GrandpaPants posted:

He's got nothing on Harry Connick Jr. :colbert:

Burn My Dread
Feb 23, 2007

Tear up your fear, the end is coming near, spit it out like a spear, I'll burn your dread

Calico Heart posted:

I mean, the most obvious example of something like this is Abed doing a (pretty good) Draper impression to impress Annie, when Alison Brie is a regular on Mad Men.

Breaking Bad exists in the Community universe. So does The Wire.

This show does that sort of thing all the time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Qu Appelle posted:

Not so much; Joel McHale is from Seattle.

He also played TE for University of Washington and is a pretty big Seahawks fan. He has been doing a bunch of go Seahawks stuff the whole week before the game.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Burn My Dread posted:

Breaking Bad exists in the Community universe. So does The Wire.

This show does that sort of thing all the time.

If the wire is in thanks to the transitive property of Richard Belzer Community is the fantasy of an autistic kid.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

bobkatt013 posted:

If the wire is in thanks to the transitive property of Richard Belzer Community is the fantasy of an autistic kid.

And that autistic kid grew up to be Dan Harmon.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

GrandpaPants posted:

That's a funny way of spelling Chris Hemsworth.

ov
Jul 28, 2004
SEE THAT WET SPOT ON MY PANTS? WATCH ME MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT SPILLING A CASSEROLE

El Tortuga posted:

That's a funny way of spelling Chris Hemsworth.

Is Chris the juiced up steroid-injecting guy who plays Thor or is he the kid from the hunger games?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ov posted:

Is Chris the juiced up steroid-injecting guy who plays Thor or is he the kid from the hunger games?

Well I don't know about that description, but he does play Thor.

ov
Jul 28, 2004
SEE THAT WET SPOT ON MY PANTS? WATCH ME MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT SPILLING A CASSEROLE

El Tortuga posted:

Well I don't know about that description, but he does play Thor.

Ah drat, I should've known that. I saw the movie this weekend (you can read my review here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3578775#post425179765). Thanks!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

ov posted:

His brother, Liam, is in Hunger Games.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

ov posted:

Ah drat, I should've known that. I saw the movie this weekend (you can read my review here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3578775#post425179765). Thanks!

God bless you. Thor 2 was a terrible movie and I feel like I'm in a strange bizarro world whenever someone praises it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Irish Joe posted:

God bless you. Thor 2 was a terrible movie and I feel like I'm in a strange bizarro world whenever someone praises it.

They were both loving awful and the love subplot was so shoehorned into the first one that I had no idea what was going on.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why the gently caress are we talking about Thor?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Let's ask ourselves: What is a story?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

The wire is in because Abed and Troy specifically discuss it.

Troy: "I think I got half of it, which got me through the half I didnt"
Abed: "Like the first season of The Wire"

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I love that there's a deleted scene that references the sizzling fajitas in the Dean's offce, since I said the exact same thing to my wife when we were watching the episode.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

superjew posted:

I imagine the hardest part of writing for Community is trying to figure out what Dan's circles are supposed to represent.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

superjew posted:

drat, I really need to try this circle thing when I write.

Also, "Has to drink four sodas?".

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

El Tortuga posted:

drat, I really need to try this circle thing when I write.

Also, "Has to drink four sodas?".

I could see a teacher's lounge drink minimum being a thing dropped into the dialogue somewhere.

Annie's gotta be 21 by now, though.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Victor Vermis posted:

I could see a teacher's lounge drink minimum being a thing dropped into the dialogue somewhere.

Annie's gotta be 21 by now, though.

The idea of Jeff being forced to drink soda in clear defiance of his diet has comedy potential.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

The Action Man posted:

The idea of Jeff being forced to drink soda in clear defiance of his diet has comedy potential.

Anyone having to drink four sodas is going to be hilarious.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Brocktoon posted:

I love that there's a deleted scene that references the sizzling fajitas in the Dean's offce, since I said the exact same thing to my wife when we were watching the episode.
I just accepted that it was probably a reference to something I hadn't seen before... but I like it better with that deleted scene.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Good(?) news for Community, it looks like CBS is picking up Thursday Night football instead of NBC.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

computer parts posted:

Good(?) news for Community, it looks like CBS is picking up Thursday Night football instead of NBC.

On the one hand, having one major network not air sitcoms on that night is good for NBC's shows in that slot.
On the other hand, it's motherfucking football and now nobody will watch NBC on Thursday, at all.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

computer parts posted:

Yeah, Community is going to draw a .2 at best up against football.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's the best possible outcome for the worst possible scenario, yeah.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Since NBC is already getting Community essentially for free, it wouldn't surprise me if they let Sony make more, because better to throw some nonsense that you don't care about up against Football, BBT then something new that you want to promote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Someone mentioned that he's from Seattle, but if I'm not mistaken he also walked on to his college football team too.

I'm excited to see Spencer in the D&D episode. He and Kumail are easily two of the best things about Harmontown. If only they could get Jeff Davis in they could have the trifecta. He would definitely play as a rival to McHale.

• Locked thread