Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Whoever did ZRP has written some fantastic notes about the shooting mechanics. They're much more subtle than I realised.

For starters, I didn't know the weapons have a one second settle time, which is why second and third shots go awry when you're tap-tap-tapping away.

Once you get to the rifles, even the AK becomes very effective as long as you can keep the bad guys at range and pace your shots just over a second apart. It's pretty much changed my game.

Also the knowledge that even on master difficulty the enemy damage probability is only a 50 percent chance against you, and tails off outside 10 metres. It explains why the late game cqb fights are so difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
SGM 2.2 is fun, although the swamps suck, has anyone had a crash/freeze in their inventory while emptying guns? Did you find a fix for it? google comes up dry.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I wish I could play OGSE, but I can't install it correctly, even if I followed the directions.

Same issue with OL.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

staberind posted:

SGM 2.2 is fun, although the swamps suck, has anyone had a crash/freeze in their inventory while emptying guns? Did you find a fix for it? google comes up dry.

I skipped the grind and used the Zaton Start mod for 2.2. No idea about the crash.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Missing Name posted:

I wish I could play OGSE, but I can't install it correctly, even if I followed the directions.

Same issue with OL.

Whats the trouble? Do you have crashlogs? Are you trying to run on steam or a non-steam install?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

It appears the p90 has no idle animation for it, so, if you have it out while rummaging, staring randomly at some dogs fighting boars or crabs physics bending weirdness: :downs:.

*I'd imagine the solution is : "put it away".

I actually enjoyed running around in cordon, the swamp, less so,
However the swamp is mercifully quick to get through, and both those areas will get you tooled up with ok gear.
I edited the rookie trader to be a little more lenient with busted gear, I'd also recommend going through the plot missions fairly quickly at first,
as a mechanic will turn up after a certain one, then you can just run around slaughtering bandito's.
Protip; put your stashes at the top middle, or near enough to, of cordon and the swamps, so moving ammo/junk from one place to the next is easier.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
Okay well I figured out how to get the game to work. Just run the drat thing in DX11. Simple as that. Also, holy gently caress Misery 2.0 is aptly named, jesus christ how do I even win this game?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

MadBimber posted:

Whats the trouble? Do you have crashlogs? Are you trying to run on steam or a non-steam install?

Steam, did the regedit thing the OGSE 0.692 page said, and then crash upon starting. Warning message tells me something is wrong with a plugin, which one is unclear because there was a big long string of symbols cluttering the message. No crash log created. So I scrapped that plan.

Now I'm attempting to make OL 2 running, except the installation readme is also jumbled symbols. Not English, not Cyrillic, just Greek-y glossolalia. I used the version Swartz linked last page:

Swartz posted:

*Edit 2*
Here's a link to the GSC thread with a torrent, some fixes, and a translation: http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_page=1&thm_id=22080&sec_id=17#372800

Cyrillic works, I can even switch between English and Russian keyboard software here.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Pepsi-Tan posted:

Okay well I figured out how to get the game to work. Just run the drat thing in DX11. Simple as that. Also, holy gently caress Misery 2.0 is aptly named, jesus christ how do I even win this game?

I respect what they were trying to do, but the mod completely lives up to its name. It's pretty rogue-like at the start.

The game play changes are fine, but the economy cheesing is a bit annoying.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Missing Name posted:

Steam, did the regedit thing the OGSE 0.692 page said, and then crash upon starting. Warning message tells me something is wrong with a plugin, which one is unclear because there was a big long string of symbols cluttering the message. No crash log created. So I scrapped that plan.

Now I'm attempting to make OL 2 running, except the installation readme is also jumbled symbols. Not English, not Cyrillic, just Greek-y glossolalia. I used the version Swartz linked last page:

Cyrillic works, I can even switch between English and Russian keyboard software here.

I found using notepad ++ and flipping between different versions of cyrillic helpful.
I think "windows 1251" under "Encoding/Character Sets/Cyrillic" was what I settled on when browsing ltx files, perhaps the readme is a similar encoding.
(It was)
please excuse wall of text:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. OBLIVION LOST REMAKE 2.0 (OLR 2.0) MOD

only Russian version STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl
(for STALKER SHADOW OF CHERNOBYL russian version only)

At C D A B C A

Before installing, make sure you have Russian version of the game .
Before installation, check that 9 gb free space.
This mod is fully independent . Installing over OLR 1.0-1.1 unacceptable.
On systems with VISTA/WIN7/WIN8 etc. Installation in Program Files or Program Files (x86) is not allowed.
The above modes may be set to any Rus. version S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl from v1.0000 to v1.0006

1. Create a directory on any drive ( but outside the Program Files or Program Files (x86)) folder STALKER-OLR
( for example , C: \ STALKER-OLR or D: \ GAMES \ STALKER-OLR , etc.)
Note: on XP mod can be installed in the folder Program Files, that is, immediately proceed to step 3.

2 . Folder with a previously installed the game (usually C: \ Program Files \ GSC World Publishing \ STALKER) ,
copy the C: \ STALKER or D: \ GAMES \ STALKER etc. the following files:

gamedata.db0
gamedata.db1
gamedata.db2
gamedata.db3
gamedata.db4
gamedata.db5
gamedata.db6
gamedata.db7
gamedata.db8
gamedata.db9

or re- install the game in C: \ STALKER-OLR or D: \ GAMES \ STALKER-OLR etc.
If desired , a folder with a game , you can delete all ( including subfolders) , except files gamedata.db0-gamedata.db9

3 . Unpack the mod folder in the C: \ STALKER-OLR or D: \ GAMES \ STALKER-OLR etc. ( overwriting existing files !) .

4 . ALWAYS run once configurator.cmd ( or OLR_Launcher select Configurator) and go all the menu.
That is, in each menu or press the digit liked the recommended item and Enter.

5 . Start the game ONLY through a batch file or stalker_OLR.cmd OLR_Launcher.

NOTE :
All logs , screenshots and saves will be placed in a subfolder _appdata_, which is located in the game folder .
Note: folder _appdata_ needed for the patch. Delete or move it prohibited. Logs , screenshots and saves you can delete .
The game is designed for two types of rendering : " Static lighting " and " Full dynamic lighting ."
When you play at night " full dynamic lighting " is recommended to disable the option " Adaptation of / HDR".

If you download this mod as a self-installing repack , and before installation displays a warning about the ban on systems with VISTA/WIN7/WIN8 etc.
installed in the Program Files or Program Files (x86), then remember : author repack - idiot .

About SOUND ENVIRONMENT:

Sound Environment in STALKERe - this forced change of the usual sounds in certain areas.
For example, if going to the basement / cave / under the bridge , we begin to hear the echo of the shots / charge / his steps , etc.

Sound Environment for work must :

1.Podderzhka sound card features EAX.

2.Install the latest drivers for the sound system .

3.Nalichie special zones at the sound level.

4.Uspeshnoe definition EAX game at startup. There may be a problem . Much depends on the specific iron / drivers.

Start the game and see what is written in the console or log in two lines defining EAX.
If it is written :

* Sound: EAX 2.0 extension: present
* Sound: EAX 2.0 deferred: present

hence , EAX undecided. Also check that the sound options was checked on EAX. If not - put and restart the game .

If one of the lines of the log is written absent, it is bad . Try updating the drivers .
Also run the Configurator , menu SOUND OpenAL / EAX SYSTEM) , select one of the options.
Restart the game . If EAX undecided , choose another point , start the game again , etc.

Unfortunately , some REALTEK zvukovuha on XP c new drivers perhaps , a false definition EAX. That is, in the console
written everywhere present, but the effect is absent in the game . If you do not or have any other problems ,
please choose from the menu options with the configurator "dsound fixx".

In the case of intentional disconnection EAX sound options menu , you need to restart the game .

staberind fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 30, 2014

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
So I was doing the "One Shot" mission in Pripyat. Whole thing went off without a hitch, two perfectly placed headshots and a clean retreat. The chaos erupting from dropping the informant was glorious, and his contact hit the ground before he or anybody else could draw. Hauled rear end down the stairwell and was out of there in seconds. I was making my way back to base and feeling pretty good about myself when the damnedest thing happened.

I started hearing this weird rustling noise. It was kind of like the sound of walking through brush, but repeating really fast. I quickly found the source, which appeared to be a patch of wispy looking leaves emanating out of the ground a foot or so into the air in a way I had never seen before. I crouched and began inching my way a little closer to get a better look when SUDDENLY

It just FLUNG me in to the loving sky like a cannonball. The view was pretty nice.

This is from about half a second later, further along into my ascent:

Note the courtyard with the L-shaped building at the bottom of the first shot and its position north of center in the second shot. That should give you some idea of how fast I was going. It all happened so quickly that I only managed to grab two screenshots of hang time.

This is where I touched down, completely unharmed, in the mysterious zone beyond (and slightly below) the zone:

Buggy physics or fantastical new anomaly? I choose to believe the latter.

(sorry about the frame counter, I thought I had set it up so it wouldn't show in screenshots but I guess not)

Horns fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 30, 2014

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Website showing many pictures of the CNPP, this link specifically the construction of the sarcophagus. Lots of shots I've never seen before.

http://chernobylgallery.com/chernobyl-disaster/sarcophagus/

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MadBimber posted:

Website showing many pictures of the CNPP, this link specifically the construction of the sarcophagus. Lots of shots I've never seen before.

http://chernobylgallery.com/chernobyl-disaster/sarcophagus/

Who was the guy who took pictures of the inside of that place and how much lead did it take to bury him?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Acquire Currency! posted:

Who was the guy who took pictures of the inside of that place and how much lead did it take to bury him?

There's a really interesting documentary on YouTube about this (I'll see if I can dig it up). Basically a tiny team of scientists were tasked with being caretakers and fact-finders for many years. They actually made journeys underneath the core where all the radioactive slag is as well. They did this with a minimum of protection.

It was interesting, in a way they were like real life Stalkers. They talked about how certain parts of the reactor were "cold" having relatively little radioactivity and how you could walk a couple meters and suddenly get a lifetime's dose in a couple minutes. They said they were constantly creeping forward finding the safest route to the core. There's an interesting picture of one of these dudes standing on top of the core right next to the blown off lead cap.

Interestingly enough almost none of them died from radiation-related ailments. The ones who did (many are still alive) died mostly from heart attacks and strokes. They loving smoke like chimneys and drink vodka like there's no tomorrow because for them the certainty of "tomorrow" is a tenuous thing.

EDIT: Here's Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JfUvN5BQWw

Watch the whole things. It's really fascinating.

Overwined fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 30, 2014

peskyplumber
Dec 14, 2011
Is anyone familiar with Zone of Alienation? I wanted to try out a completely new mod for SoC and not use Oblivion Lost for the millionth time, and it seems ok so far, but I can't seem to reload unless my magazine is completely empty. Is this intentional?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

peskyplumber posted:

Is anyone familiar with Zone of Alienation? I wanted to try out a completely new mod for SoC and not use Oblivion Lost for the millionth time, and it seems ok so far, but I can't seem to reload unless my magazine is completely empty. Is this intentional?

Yeah, that's normal. You need to go into your inventory and unload your weapon before loading in a fresh magazine. Engine limitation, I believe. Once empty you can leave the inventory and reload as normal and it should prioritize the next full mag, though, and also prioritizes mags placed on your belt.

ZoA is something special, but there are some caveats. For one, the most recent 'official' version, patch 13 I think, is more than a little unstable right now. Getting involved with Duty/Freedom beyond their introductory missions is almost a guaranteed path to save corruption city. Reloading is also somewhat buggy - disappearing ammo, magazines magically changing into different capacity mag types when unloaded, etc.

Thankfully it's being actively worked on and some pretty big changes are coming, like overhauling ammo types, removing boxed ammo almost entirely (no more loading mags from boxes, using boxes now just turns them into loose rounds) and v1.0006 compatibility so you won't have to go through the annoying downgrade process if you're playing the Steam version.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Overwined posted:

There's a really interesting documentary on YouTube about this (I'll see if I can dig it up). Basically a tiny team of scientists were tasked with being caretakers and fact-finders for many years. They actually made journeys underneath the core where all the radioactive slag is as well. They did this with a minimum of protection.

It was interesting, in a way they were like real life Stalkers. They talked about how certain parts of the reactor were "cold" having relatively little radioactivity and how you could walk a couple meters and suddenly get a lifetime's dose in a couple minutes. They said they were constantly creeping forward finding the safest route to the core. There's an interesting picture of one of these dudes standing on top of the core right next to the blown off lead cap.

Interestingly enough almost none of them died from radiation-related ailments. The ones who did (many are still alive) died mostly from heart attacks and strokes. They loving smoke like chimneys and drink vodka like there's no tomorrow because for them the certainty of "tomorrow" is a tenuous thing.

EDIT: Here's Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JfUvN5BQWw

Watch the whole things. It's really fascinating.

It is! I saw that when it was broadcast. 1991, if memory serves. It was a big deal - first western media team allowed on site. It was genuinely loving eerie, even then.

Edit: By the way, I think there's a homage to the 'Elephant's Foot' in...X18 if memory serves; but it's much smaller.

Sulman fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 31, 2014

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Hey Ddraig, have you tried merging Russian mods with ZRP lately? I want to try out that Russian OFFLIFE mod, but I thought some of the fixes in ZRP would be nice (i.e. the stability).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
ZRP is a bit of a niche case, as it really relies mods being built upon it rather than it being something you can easily merge into others. I've managed to merge quite a few of the debug features into my own mod which has made testing stuff a hell of a lot easier.

The problem is that it's very hard to pull out "just the bugfixes" or whatever, since he's made the scripts very interconnected and it's quite a large undertaking.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Sulman posted:

It is! I saw that when it was broadcast. 1991, if memory serves. It was a big deal - first western media team allowed on site. It was genuinely loving eerie, even then.

Edit: By the way, I think there's a homage to the 'Elephant's Foot' in...X18 if memory serves; but it's much smaller.

I just watched it right now. I found it pretty depressing :smith:. Wasn't there another doc floating around and it showed how all these areas since then have become super green and lush with wildlife strangely?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avocados posted:

I just watched it right now. I found it pretty depressing :smith:. Wasn't there another doc floating around and it showed how all these areas since then have become super green and lush with wildlife strangely?

That and a pack of highly radio active wolves.

The Geoff
Oct 11, 2009

peskyplumber posted:

I tried it briefly and it's by far the hardest STALKER mod I've ever played - misery 2, Stalkersoup, OGSE etc have nothing on ZoA in terms of difficulty. Took me about 10 attempts to get through the basic "raid the factory in Cordon, get the flash drive" mission right at the start of the game. Bandits are fast, smart, very tough and have perfect accuracy - and a single hit from any weapon in the game will usually cause you to bleed out in 1-2 seconds. I made it as far as the Garbage then gave up, can't imagine how hard it gets later (might be better once you get some proper armour I guess). It's a shame, because there are some really unique mechanics and the mod has a great feel to it apart from the insane difficulty.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

peskyplumber posted:

Luckily, most of the mainstay weapons like AK's and junk have 2 types of magazines, and you can just press Y to reload between them.

ZoA is an interesting mod, though IMO the magazine reloading mechanic is complete garbage and it only seemed to work maybe a quarter of the time, while the game itself is extremely difficult, and that was only a short amount of time because it has to be one of the most crash prone mods I have played. Even STALKERSOUP crashed less.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 2, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I ever got my dream mod it'd just be the look of Misery and a really fleshed out urban areas. Is there some x-ray limitation that stops people from opening up the buildings in Prypiat?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
ZoA's firefights remind me a lot of LURK 1.1's, with the addition of magazine management. They're very kinetic and difficult.

If I ever got my dream mod it'd just be the look of Misery and a really fleshed out urban areas. Is there some x-ray limitation that stops people from opening up the buildings in Prypiat?

The latest patch of Misery 2 is pretty close to my ideal mod, but I definitely wish there were more areas to explore, too. I've never completely liked the CoP-approach to presenting the world, since you never feel like you're really far from safety.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I've just finally started playing this game, after having it on Steam for forever. I've been playing with the Autumn Aurora 2 mod and am confused as to why the modder decided to remove all bars (that I can see at least.. am I missing something?) from the game and just give you little icons that tell you when your whatever is green, yellow, and red.

Has anyone else on here used the mod much? It looks great, but it seems to be making the game a bit harder for me to understand, when it already seems pretty unclear / newbie unfriendly.

Also in Cordon there are two sections where it tells you to go get a pack from someone / someone threw a pack to this location... both times I look around and I can't find any pack/stash/item or anything. The first one is close to the beginning and I only see anomalies in the area the map tells me to go. The second one is next to a shell of a truck that just has tons of radiation. I've ran around it until I died via radiation to see if I could at least FIND the pack that was supposedly thrown there but I have yet to see it. I may just be blind, though.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MaxDuo posted:

I've just finally started playing this game, after having it on Steam for forever. I've been playing with the Autumn Aurora 2 mod and am confused as to why the modder decided to remove all bars (that I can see at least.. am I missing something?) from the game and just give you little icons that tell you when your whatever is green, yellow, and red.

Has anyone else on here used the mod much? It looks great, but it seems to be making the game a bit harder for me to understand, when it already seems pretty unclear / newbie unfriendly.

Also in Cordon there are two sections where it tells you to go get a pack from someone / someone threw a pack to this location... both times I look around and I can't find any pack/stash/item or anything. The first one is close to the beginning and I only see anomalies in the area the map tells me to go. The second one is next to a shell of a truck that just has tons of radiation. I've ran around it until I died via radiation to see if I could at least FIND the pack that was supposedly thrown there but I have yet to see it. I may just be blind, though.

Those messages you get about stashes are little backpacks or containers in the world that contain loot. That truck is the Death Truck you were in, hence all the radiation. If you go around to the side not facing the road, you'll find a small rucksack. You should be able to open it and get some loot.

Most of the time the stashes aren't really worth it (especially in vanilla games) but if you're willing to take the risks they can help.

Basically the stash should be in the area it's located on the map, it just might take a little bit of searching to find. Hollowed out logs, pipes, crates, rucksacks, cases etc are all prime candidates for containing a stash.

e: The game is also fairly intuitive and easy to pick up. You have health which is the main thing you're concerned about. If you take damage somehow, you will probably start bleeding. This is usually indicated somewhere in most mods (assuming they're not bad). Bandages will stop bleeding, as will some other items. "]" is the key to use bandages by default, "[" to use medkits. You will also occasionally have to eat which is also indicated. Eating food basically keeps your "stamina" level up, as being very hungry can have negative effects like less ability to sprint etc.

That's basically all you need to know with the basic FPs mechanics. Everything else is pretty much experimenting with the world.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 2, 2014

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, has anyone tried monsters 6 or the amazons addons for sgm 2.2?
It looks like another crazy long install process, but hey, as long as there are no sweaty sexualised snorks, it might be fun.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=5930&sec_id=18 <females.... in the zone?
http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=5383&sec_id=19 <Gatopardo treats us to more monsters.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

staberind posted:

So, has anyone tried monsters 6 or the amazons addons for sgm 2.2?
It looks like another crazy long install process, but hey, as long as there are no sweaty sexualised snorks, it might be fun.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=5930&sec_id=18 <females.... in the zone?
http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr3&thm_page=1&thm_id=5383&sec_id=19 <Gatopardo treats us to more monsters.

Oh god what. One of those is Miranda, of Mass Effect. What.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, its umm, different, there are more wacky monsters, guns and general mayhem, just did the first "Dredge" mission,
shot the bozo's from the wheelhouse, my trusty bodyguard appears in front of me,
taking some lead, vanishes, then greets me outside the dredger with a knife in my face....

loaded, was more careful, killed them all, looted, and then she appears.

Walking back I found a minigun, guess I had better book it to jupiter and hire another one to use that.
Its basically Stalker SGM ADHD.

[edit:]I just got killed by a flock of insectoid bushes.

With the mayhem and chaos I now have lots of money, but the zone is just insanely packed full of poo poo trying to kill you,
your only tanking method is out dps'ing everything. I have access to bandits trader and, although I can go to Jupiter,
knowing that zombies appear in exo's with miniguns in zaton keeps me here; I am going to amass a band of rag-tag alfa amazone's and lay waste to all and sundry because :testosterone::zone:.

staberind fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 4, 2014

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Finished Misery 2.1 (even managed to get out with everyone alive), now I'm trying to play Pripyat Reborn with Old Weapons Renewal. Everything works fine except the map:

It's apparently showing me spawn points and squads. Anyone know how to turn this off? I can't find anything on it, nothing in the readme and the only mention I've found is in a month old still-unanswered comment on the Moddb page.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hmmm, I have the same thing, its not in the usual sgm, but it was in monsters 6. plus, it removed a couple of maps, cordon and the marshes.
I think it might be part of a spawning package, its called smart terrain, mainly used to test stuff. its a bit unsightly.

angryydog
Jul 16, 2011

Horns posted:

Finished Misery 2.1 (even managed to get out with everyone alive), now I'm trying to play Pripyat Reborn with Old Weapons Renewal. Everything works fine except the map:

It's apparently showing me spawn points and squads. Anyone know how to turn this off? I can't find anything on it, nothing in the readme and the only mention I've found is in a month old still-unanswered comment on the Moddb page.

check the scripts\_g.script

make sure

dev_debug = false
sim_debug = false

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Yup, that did it. Thanks.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Horns posted:

now I'm trying to play Pripyat Reborn with Old Weapons Renewal.

There's a potential crash that can occur with Pripyat Reborn whenever an NPC dies which was finally fixed yesterday but needs further testing to confirm it is finally gone.

I highly recommend downloading this file and putting it in your scripts folder to prevent the crash from occurring.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

angryydog posted:

check the scripts\_g.script

make sure

dev_debug = false
sim_debug = false

That didn't help, mine are both false and I got it.

Edit: Oh, just disabling the plugin in xrs_debug_tools.ltx worked.

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 6, 2014

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Swartz posted:

There's a potential crash that can occur with Pripyat Reborn whenever an NPC dies which was finally fixed yesterday but needs further testing to confirm it is finally gone.

I highly recommend downloading this file and putting it in your scripts folder to prevent the crash from occurring.

Thanks for the heads up. Haven't had any crashes, but better safe than sorry. :)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The finest Russian mail order bride for the man who makes a Sochi mod.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

The finest Russian mail order bride for the man who makes a Sochi mod.

How would it be any different than STALKER? :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
So I was cruising through the GSC forums, thought I'd look in some of the mod threads. Thought OSLM looked interesting. It's been a while since I've done a vanilla run of ShoC, and I thought why not? He changed a few things here and there, added this, added that. Pretty soon I was hearing chikki this, brikki that.

But then I hit lab x18. I figured there were no surprises left for me in labs. Little did I know, poltergeists have become one of the most powerful enemies in the game. One hit from a telekinetic hit completely destroys your armor. The next destroys you. Okay, okay, so I can wait in an area without any phys objects to throw. No, no it turns out there's also a completely invisible and very strong bloodsucker roaming around as well.

I quit after ten tries. :shepicide: