Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avskum
Jul 27, 2009

:smugfrog:

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Make a Rifftrax-style audio track.

Yes please, I think an audio track with nothing but puns is just what that anime needs!

If you do this Geop I promise to laugh at all your puns!*

*offer good not only for this LP but all of them, subject to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just noticed you missed talking to Duke at the end.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
That impossible magic word is pronounced "Enchilada", don't let Vicas tell you otherwise.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Avskum posted:

Stream/Record your little LP group watching this movie please.

Pretty please?

gently caress a rifftrack I want this.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Bandunk and Topikal (formly of T40s) do a weekly stream of watching bad movies, and take suggestions. Kuvo and minifoo have been on it too. Check it out http://mockflix.com/

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Happy Year of the Harse, everyone. :toot:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 40: Blastin' Bodhi Youtube

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
That second guy dropped lettuce and not one of you quipped about tossing salad. Really.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

That second guy dropped lettuce and not one of you quipped about tossing salad. Really.
I wanted to, but it was a low-hanging fruit. I had STANDARDS that evening, sir.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

The end of that boss battle is too perfect. Look at Repede. Blocked by his own portrait.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
^ That is pretty amazing.
The last couple of episodes has been pretty slow, seeing as how the party has spent most of their time just standing around and talking nonsense but I feel like the next section of the game is pretty exciting. Not action-wise but just some good old exploration in jrpg land.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

D_W posted:

The end of that boss battle is too perfect. Look at Repede. Blocked by his own portrait.

:allears: How have I never noticed this weird quirk until now? I can't tell if the devs hated Repede, or loved him.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I hope the monster design and idle animations continue to get increasingly dumb.

:ducksiren:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Geop posted:

I wanted to, but it was a low-hanging fruit. I had STANDARDS that evening, sir.

As the last 5 minutes of the video prove without a shadow of a doubt.

:v:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 41: Splunking Youtube

Need a gif of the squirrigle tia

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Workin' on it, boss.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
you can sticky our thread now right?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Oh hey Geop. That's a pretty star. Where exactly is it valid?
Welp...

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 6, 2014

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Wait, don't that Squirridirigible resemble something amphibious we've already fought several times before? Nah. :ssh:

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 6, 2014

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010
You could have beaten that giant turtlescorpioncrab back there pretty easy, but it's part of a sidequest where you have to kill big monsters so you're better off leaving them until you're prompted to kill them. I actually think you can get the quest now, just go back to Halure and find the siblings with the harse carriage somewhere in that area and talk to them. It gives some pretty good rewards, so I'd say it's worth going back for.

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009
edit: apparantly this counts as spoilers? Whatever, gone now.

Non-EuclideanCat fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 7, 2014

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Non-EuclideanCat posted:

Don't want to be a buzzkill, but I also don't want to see you waste your time/gald:

Don't bother with the pissing contest until basically the endgame. Enemy dag will reclaim any of his lost territory over time until you get, like, 85% of the map at once and see a cutscene, and you won't be able to manage that for a long while.

I dont think repede can hold it that long.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks for spoiling the only part of the game I care about.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

quote:

The hell is a weasand?

Wikipedia posted:

Weasand, a term for the oesophagus obsolete as regards human anatomy but current in meat-packing
:goonsay:

Wait, that's not quite right. It's apparently a geographical term for a narrow place, I guess like the "throat" of the mountain? Wikipedia also mentions this specific video game location in the disambiguation page for some reason.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Non-EuclideanCat posted:

Stuff that shouldn't be here

Hey whoa dude spoilers. Get those out of here; the fun of this kind of LP is in watching the blind player screw up while Vicas snickers to himself in the background.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
So does the game really not teach you how to run away until you are this far in?

Also Squirrigle

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010

The Heavenator posted:

So does the game really not teach you how to run away until you are this far in?

It didn't teach you to run away here either, it just told you it would be a good idea to do so. I think the developers thought that if you don't want to fight enemies, just avoid them or buy holy bottles. Battles are really quick anyway so why bother running when you can spend a couple extra seconds and get some exp and gald for it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Heavenator posted:

The game never tells you how to run. It's only brought up here because that's a pretty tough monster. Also part of a sidequest. If you're like me, you check what everything does, anyway, once you're free to do things outside of cutscenes. :v:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Heavenator posted:

Also Squirrigle

:kimchi:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

The Heavenator posted:

Also Squirrigle

You're a hero

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Heavenator posted:

Also Squirrigle

And the reason why Squirrigles aren't pets is?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Hunt11 posted:

And the reason why Squirrigles aren't pets is?

They want to chew your face off.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also I think they could one shot the party back at level 5 or so.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 42: Bat Outa Hell Youtube

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Repede just learned Light Spear a few battles before that fight, so he at least he does have some anti-air now

I like how Repede learns sword moves that Kratos/Zelos used

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I've no idea why you couldn't hit the Leader Bat as, personally, I found this to be one of the easier bosses since the Leader could be killed so quickly.

I suppose you could've used Yuri's upwards melee attack or just had Rita go overlimit + stalagmite spam?

By the by, as funny as Yeager's "leibchen" line is, I still prefer the PS3 version where he just lets out a big "SEE YOU NEXT TIIIIIIIIIIIME!" in his marvelous engrish accent.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 9, 2014

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I was wondering when you'd figure it out that Nidhogg is Yeager backwards

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 9, 2014

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
Have a gif of Repede headbutting a guy in the dick.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

I've no idea why you couldn't hit the Leader Bat

I suppose you could've used Yuri's upwards melee attack

I think that's what got them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
In Symphonia, wasn't Regal in his early 30's? But yeah, pretty much every Tales game other than Phantasia has a party member who is older than 30.

• Locked thread