Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

pyromance posted:

I think it might be subbing in cores/credits for rewards that anyone in the group has made. My friend and I needed the bronco prime receiver and burston prime stock to finish those and we got those really easily, but anything that one of us has completed just doesn't seem to show up.

I don't think so, because I was using Mag Prime and had a Mag Prime Systems blueprint in the my inventory already, but I still got another one from T3 survival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

pyromance posted:

I think it might be subbing in cores/credits for rewards that anyone in the group has made. My friend and I needed the bronco prime receiver and burston prime stock to finish those and we got those really easily, but anything that one of us has completed just doesn't seem to show up.

The game has never kept you from getting things you already have. See: The 13 Paris Prime strings and 11 Bronco Prime barrels I got trying to get one Ember Prime part.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The game has never kept you from getting things you already have. See: The 13 Paris Prime strings and 11 Bronco Prime barrels I got trying to get one Ember Prime part.

Yeah, I know how it worked, but they obviously changed stuff around because it's sure as poo poo dropping differently than it did in the past.

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??
It definitely doesn't replace things you already have with credits or cores post-update. The drop tables are just really saturated with this low-level stuff now.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Thank gently caress, the new hotfix adds UI scaling

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174127-hotfix-1202/

Additions:
- Added lockers to Survival spawn room.
- Added a Sell All/ Select All button in the context of Mod fusion where stacked mods had to be chosen, now a button does it for you!

Void Reward Changes:
- Changes to Void Mission Rewards: Capture, Exterminate, and Mobile Defense missions no longer contain Resources/Cores as mission rewards, only Prime Parts, Forma, or a Key.
For Survival and Defense missions, staying at least 15 minutes/15 waves guarantees a Prime Part, Forma or a Key. Resources, Cores, or Credits are included in the cycling of mission rewards for Survival/Defense.

HUD Changes:
- ‘Hud Scale’ setting added– you can now scale it up to 50% larger.
- Made levelup notify last 3 seconds (up from 2).
- Extraction Icons are now green.

Balance changes for Interception:
- Better AI scaling.
- Fiddled with spawn numbers to make solo more viable.
- Adjusting capture rates, a bit faster for solo players a bit slower for multiple players
- XP share radius increased in this mission type.

Changes:
- Adjusted Syandanas on Zephyr.
- Changes to holster position of polearm weapons on All Warframes to prevent clipping.
- FX Tweaks to Zephyr’s Turbulence to improve visibility.
- Tweaks to Boar Prime sounds.
- Double-clicking an item in the Gear selection menu will now equip it, instead of either doing nothing, or asking you if you want to purchase more of said item.
- Health Orbs now give your Sentinel HP.
- Context sounds added to Interception mode.
- Sound tweaks to Jat Kittag.

Fixes:
- Fixed Zoom Out option vanishing forever if you back out of a diorama in Solo mode.
- Fixed location and position of Emblems on Zephyr Warframe.
- Fixed missing minimap in Jungle Tileset.
- Fixed issue with Client not getting capture progress when battling.
- Fixed Auto-Fuse not fusing rare duplicates.
- Fixed Vauban’s Vortex not ragdolling enemies.
- Fixed multi-boss fights not working (Phobos).
- Fixed issue where client’s destroying an enemies armor would not be considered by the host.
- Fixed “C” switching melee weapons instead of triggering voice chat.
- Fixed issue with enemies spawning through the ground.
- Fix for issues loading Earth missions where on clients in long load scenario.
- Fixed and implemented preventive measures for this issues of AI falling into water basins in defense map: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173284-earth-defense-lith-bug-pictures-included/
- Fixed issue where enemies requiring extermination were not being marked.
- Fixed issue with enemies potentially spawning in floor.
- Fixed issue where Survival missions could be failed if you were in the process of reviving/ being revived.
- Fixed various crashes.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Piell posted:

7)Putting the shields/health on the same bar that meets in the middle makes it hard to tell how much of what you are missing is shields vs health.
I'm unsure of what to think for the frame health, but I kinda like this for enemy bars as now you can tell how much health something has in comparison to how much shields it has. So like a Corpus Crewmen has like 80% of the bar blue and 20% health and you can tell that it has way more shields than it has health, whereas before it was just a blue bar on top of a red bar and you couldn't tell the scale.

E: increasing your HUD scale makes your crosshair huge :cripes:

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 7, 2014

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
I might have missed it in one of the patch notes but did they fix it so that defense rewards are cumulative rather than just getting the reward you Claim & Exit on?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

quote:

- Valkyr’s Hysteria ability now takes weapon damage and crit into consideration.

Do I just add up the I/P/S damage from a weapon to determine what all factors in for this?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

zgrowler2 posted:

Do I just add up the I/P/S damage from a weapon to determine what all factors in for this?

Who knows!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

zgrowler2 posted:

It makes me whiny because I want to be able to use whatever melee weapon I want, whether because it's fun (glaive prime) or because it's just trash that I'm leveling. Now that makes Hysteria sub-optimal. :qq:

Bruc
May 30, 2006
it seems to add a really small amount of your weapon stats for some reason. I do roughly the same damage with a maxed out Scoliac that I was doing pre-patch, so it's kinda a lose/lose for us on an already piss poor ability for dealing damage, unless I am missing something.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
I couldn't really find a weapon that felt good for hysteria. It either didn't crit often enough compared to prepatch or it felt really weak. There isn't really a weapon that does both well, even with mods. Either they hit like trucks with poo poo crit rate or they crit a lot for poo poo damage.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
On the PS4, the Cicero event just ended today so we got all of our rewards. I'm kinda liking the Wraith Twin Vipers although they chew through ammo so fast. I also have Despair to level up too. I'm about to hit Mastery Rank 5 but am I correct in that there's nothing that that rank gets you? I have to wait until 6 to get the REALLY fun stuff?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Elysiume posted:

It makes me whiny because I want to be able to use whatever melee weapon I want, whether because it's fun (glaive prime) or because it's just trash that I'm leveling. Now that makes Hysteria sub-optimal. :qq:

Being optimal is already out of the question after you pick Valkyr :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Twice now I've tried to trade a Split Chamber for a Rage. After both trades, neither of us have had a Rage, and both of us have had the Split Chamber. I'm magically turning mods into Split Chamber, I guess.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I've been using my MAG again, dropped some upgrades into pull.

What the gently caress did they do it? I'm yanking entire groups off their feet and killing mass targets like crazy, I had like 300 kills in a survival with a friend of mine, its obscene, broken and I love it.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Alteisen posted:

What the gently caress did they do it? I'm yanking entire groups off their feet and killing mass targets like crazy, I had like 300 kills in a survival with a friend of mine, its obscene, broken and I love it.

If you think Pull is crazy, go slaughter droves and droves of Corpus with Shield Polarize!

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Elysiume posted:

Twice now I've tried to trade a Split Chamber for a Rage. After both trades, neither of us have had a Rage, and both of us have had the Split Chamber. I'm magically turning mods into Split Chamber, I guess.
I'm pretty sure you're on the PC but if you're on the PS4, I have a Rage you can straight up have.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Alteisen posted:

They buffed the poo poo out of Pull and Shield Polarize back when they put in Mag Prime.

It gave us (false) hope that they would similarly buff Ember when she got her Prime, but... yeah.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Just got out of the Darvo alert and I thought it was one of the most well put together missions I've ever done despite being a Rescue. The banter and the Hyena miniboss fight were both really nice touches, especially with the animated portraits, and it felt really sleek. You could tell where the dev hours went for U12.

Also, good to see a little self-deprecating humor from the devs.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Those animated portraits actually do look really good! The animations are really smooth and it makes everything look more, I dunno, professional. It's too bad they're all accompanied by Canadian game developers doing the voices, but that kind of adds to the charm of Warframe being Canadian anime.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I did a Darvo mission yesterday for the first time and it was really cool. It was a 4 point mobile defense and then after the last point the Stalker showed up and we had to fight him. Apparently it was scripted, he shows up every time, because Darvo was like "Thank god, that guy's been on my case forever."

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

zgrowler2 posted:

Just got out of the Darvo alert and I thought it was one of the most well put together missions I've ever done despite being a Rescue. The banter and the Hyena miniboss fight were both really nice touches, especially with the animated portraits, and it felt really sleek. You could tell where the dev hours went for U12.

It's kind of my dream that every planet will have it's own tiny little story arch that lends to an overall story.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
So now that the Latron prime will out DPS a Soma, I need to get one. I love semi-auto guns.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Haerc posted:

So now that the Latron prime will out DPS a Soma, I need to get one. I love semi-auto guns.

I know it was buffed, but it does this? Seriously?

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Anybody got a good recommendation on a mod loadout for a Grakata?

I'm having a freaking blast with this gun, it's so satisfying to pump that much lead into things.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trying to farm rubedo with the BF, got attacked by some invisible rear end in a top hat who utterly destroyed me.

I assume this is the infamous stalker?

Got 17 rubedo at the end, totally worth my last revive. :smith:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

zgrowler2 posted:

I know it was buffed, but it does this? Seriously?
Base damage on it was nearly doubled (from 45 to 85) and the base status chance went from 15% to 25%. It's also got a decent crit rate (15% base) and a pretty silly crit multiplier (2.5x base, 7.0x with hammer shot and vital sense).

Soma's probably still more useful against infested thanks to the higher fire rate, but yeah, the Latron Prime is really good.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Just got the last piece for mine tonight and it's now in the oven, though I'm doubting it will really out-perform Soma in most situations. The crit rate is high, but not that high.

Of course, I did jam three forma in my Soma already, so it always feels a tad unfair to compare anything else tot.

I am curious about how good bows will be in practice, once people who just have to have a bow start tricking them out. They still haven't really added a convincing role for sniper-type guns in this game, really. If they expand on the new pack leader thing they're doing now, they might be able to come up with something, though even then... why snipe when you can just Penta?

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Coldbird posted:

Just got the last piece for mine tonight and it's now in the oven, though I'm doubting it will really out-perform Soma in most situations. The crit rate is high, but not that high.

Of course, I did jam three forma in my Soma already, so it always feels a tad unfair to compare anything else tot.

I am curious about how good bows will be in practice, once people who just have to have a bow start tricking them out. They still haven't really added a convincing role for sniper-type guns in this game, really. If they expand on the new pack leader thing they're doing now, they might be able to come up with something, though even then... why snipe when you can just Penta?

I'm really enjoying my not-forma'ed-but-potatoed Paris Prime since the patch. I don't have the mods I need to really kit out a gun, so it's not modded to the gills, but it's more than sufficient to run T2 defense missions to 20 with some goons.

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

Well, screw you too game. 25 minutes for one useful thing.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
The biggest crit I have seen so far from my Dread was 46k. Bows are pretty hardcore now. The risk:reward tradeoff just got a lot more favorable.

Also, Valkyr is way better than she was before. The armor buff means if you install a max rank steel fiber and vitality, you have an effective 8200 health, and Dual Ichor has 25% base crit (40% with mods) and the highest base damage of all the high crit melee weapons, making it the ideal valkyr weapon. Using one, I crit almost every punch when hysteria is going, making me think it's doing 50% base hysteria crit + 40% weapon crit = 90% crit rate.

Someone else was saying he was doing almost 4k damage per crit with valkyr without doing any major optimizing.

Bows and Valkyr both may still not be ideal (they aren't a Nova with a Soma, after all) but they both became far more viable.

Barnacle Snatcher
Aug 19, 2006

All things began in order so shall they end, so shall they begin again according to the Ordainer of Order and the mystical mathematicks of the City of Heaven.
PS4 goons, the Darvo event has a farmable Stalker, if he doesnt drop what you want, abort and retry. Can do this multiple times provided you dont actually finish the event. I got Despair on my second attempt, so stoked.

Boar Prime ruined him in about 3-4 shots at medium range, gun is crazy.

Alert has a bit over 9 hours left as of this post.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Barnacle Snatcher posted:

PS4 goons, the Darvo event has a farmable Stalker, if he doesnt drop what you want, abort and retry. Can do this multiple times provided you dont actually finish the event. I got Despair on my second attempt, so stoked.

Goddamit, I wish I had know this when it was on PC. I'd trade my 9 Dreads for 1 loving Despair.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

wid posted:

Goddamit, I wish I had know this when it was on PC. I'd trade my 9 Dreads for 1 loving Despair.
The only Stalker weapon I have is the Despair, and of course it's Dread that I really want.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Insert name here posted:

The only Stalker weapon I have is the Despair, and of course it's Dread that I really want.
Based on my experience and what I've heard from people, Dread drops the most frequently, followed by Hate, followed by Despair. So you're in a pretty good place.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I got Despair from my second Stalker encounter, I'm pretty certain that's the only reason I kept playing for so long since I could solo almost anything with that ting, specially before DMG2.0.

Candy Cane Hate is incredibly baller though.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

This was the wrong tab

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Terbulus posted:

Bought the Terrorblade arcana and got a free green horse courier with it , is that normal?

It usually comes with an affinity booster and extra frame/weapon slots. You should contact customer support and get that sorted out.