Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Pffffhahahhahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Speaking of toys, I got my gold edition Legacy Morpher on Wednesday. Now I just need the Legacy Dragon Dagger and Dragonzord to make a fuckin' sweet display piece. For those interested, it's my understanding that the dagger comes out on 2-20 and the Dragonzord on 3-22. I'll double check those, though.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
The opening song for Tokkyuger/ToQGer/Traingers is some really good poo poo.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Their morpher doesn't say anything :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQTLetdI1w

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Because that would be too awesome and the kids of America aren't ready for that yet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

"Whoa! We can all be red?!" almost makes this good. :allears:

But yeah, now I can't stop thinking of how rad it'd be if some voice yelled "Samurai! Wild Force! Mystic Force! Overdrive! Jungle Fury!"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"ZEEEEEEO!!!"
"SAMMMURAII!"
"OPERATION OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVERRRRDRIVE!"

Why wouldn't they pay that guy $20 dollars to say it in english is beyond me. These kids weren't even around for most of these seasons.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RBX posted:

"ZEEEEEEO!!!"
"SAMMMURAII!"
"OPERATION OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVERRRRDRIVE!"

Why wouldn't they pay that guy $20 dollars to say it in english is beyond me. These kids weren't even around for most of these seasons.

Or at least have the song for each season play.

(...OK, I just want the choral "ZEE-OHHHHHHH!")

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Gaz-L posted:

Or at least have the song for each season play.

(...OK, I just want the choral "ZEE-OHHHHHHH!")

Then you have to deal with all the poo poo openings post-SPD.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Basically all non-Ron Wasserman songs.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Power Rangers + Football = this apparently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BP3Lt4-2M

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't think I can re-watch Gokaiger ever again.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

RBX posted:

I don't get it at all. The toy version of the morpher says the names of all the seasons along with the colors of various rangers. Why wouldn't you carry that over to the actual show?

Also, I really hate how Saban rangers never stop talking. The least they could do is write dialogue that matches the footage somewhat.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Hopefully by the time they get to Gobusters' adaptation they'll either switch back to the "two years for each season" thing(as crappy as that was) or preferably return to the "40 or so episodes in a year" that they used pre-Saban revival because the way they've done Megaforce is just awful(and makes me fear they might ruin Kyoryuger if they adapt it like they've done Goseiger, and Gokaiger)

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Go-Busters would certainly support 40 PR episodes. But let's be honest, any adaptation is going to be disappointing. It was almost perfect.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Coq au Nandos posted:

Go-Busters would certainly support 40 PR episodes. But let's be honest, any adaptation is going to be disappointing. It was almost perfect.

True but if Gobusters' adaptation could hit old Saban or early Disney levels that would be great(and if we got a RPM grade adaptation it would be excellent), same with Kyoryuger which thankfully should be pretty easy to adapt when the time comes(ToQger on the other hand, while my opinion of it has gone up still looks like it'll be an awkward adaptation once Saban gets their hands on it)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The material has nothing to do with it, Saban's already been given 2 out of 3 great materials and hosed it up with lovely actors that can't emote for crap, among other things. The current red makes Jason of MMPR an eccentric loony tunes by comparison.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Liar Lyre posted:

Power Rangers + Football = this apparently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BP3Lt4-2M

It makes me legit upset that while Red, Green and Blue get to play football, Pink and Yellow are cheerleaders.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Coq au Nandos posted:

There's absolutely no way they would be able to make Red and Yellow make the choice they do halfway through the series. No way in hell would Saban have the heroes knowingly kill their own parents as part of deleting Messiah. Not a chance in hell. Messiah will just be another extra-dimensional General with a bunch of uncommon and harsh consonants in his name, anyway. Xeviax or Vikxas, something like that.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

There's absolutely no way they would be able to make Red and Yellow make the choice they do halfway through the series. No way in hell would Saban have the heroes knowingly kill their own parents as part of deleting Messiah. Not a chance in hell. Messiah will just be another extra-dimensional General with a bunch of uncommon and harsh consonants in his name, anyway. Xeviax or Vikxas, something like that.

I maintain that the only way the show could be saved is if Enter and Escape were both fluent in english and could perform their roles again.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tae posted:

The material has nothing to do with it, Saban's already been given 2 out of 3 great materials and hosed it up with lovely actors that can't emote for crap, among other things. The current red makes Jason of MMPR an eccentric loony tunes by comparison.

Jason was the best red though!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpazmasterX posted:

I maintain that the only way the show could be saved is if Enter and Escape were both fluent in english and could perform their roles again.

Basco speaks perfect English but they won't be using him. :(

edit: goddamn auto correct

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 3, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

RBX posted:

No it's Troy from Megaforce he is so centred

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

RBX posted:

Counterpoint: Carter

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The best Red was clearly Tommy.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SpazmasterX posted:

Counterpoint: Carter

Ha ha, what?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Andros was the best Red Ranger because In Space was the best series. :colbert:

He was also the best because he was a nice enough guy that he'd totally be friends with you, even if you were just trying to hang out with his fox of a sister. :swoon:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

JT Smiley posted:

Ha ha, what?
He's kind of awesome, not the best, but cool.
Dude charged at a monster in a truck without his powers, later on he went for a giant-sized monster with just his guns and a battleizer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Andros was the best Red Ranger because In Space was the best series. :colbert:

He was also the best because he was a nice enough guy that he'd totally be friends with you, even if you were just trying to hang out with his fox of a sister. :swoon:

Speaking of, I always really liked the way they handled bringing Karone back in Lost Galaxy. It was a neat audible to call when the actress playing Kendrix got sick and had to bow out, and having the previous season's primary villain end up as the Pink Ranger was a nice bookend to her story.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The audible wasn't to make Karone the new Pink Ranger, Galaxy pink was being replaced regardless. The original replacement was supposed to be Space Pink but she left because of contract conflicts.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

Speaking of, I always really liked the way they handled bringing Karone back in Lost Galaxy. It was a neat audible to call when the actress playing Kendrix got sick and had to bow out, and having the previous season's primary villain end up as the Pink Ranger was a nice bookend to her story.

Funny thing about Karone coming back: it wasn't the original plan. It was supposed to be Cassie from PRiS who took up the mantle, but the actress walked because the Powers That Be were paying her much less than the other LG actors*. They had to scrap an expensive already-filmed episode where the tradeoff was to happen.

Why do I remember this? :smith:

* Evidently she signed on with the understanding that she'd be formally the LG Pink Ranger and not just a Temporary Replacement Ranger (which matters, money-wise), only for the business folks to give her a contract that said "You're only temporarily replacing the original, just temporarily replacing the original for the entire season".

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 3, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MisterBibs posted:

Why do I remember this? :smith:
Because deep down we still love Rangers/Sentai. :unsmith:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This might amuse some people:

Truncated Power Rangers

Basically, one guy takes MMPR episodes, reduces them to ~10min long, redubs every character, changes the plot, etc. I was hesitant to watch it at first since it skews more towards LoLMonkeyCheese humor, but I found myself giggling quite often.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Best Red Ranger? Well, technically...

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Umm so apparently my tattoo artist buddy put some ink on Erika Fong (Pink ranger from Samurai) yesterday, I never thought a power ranger would turn up in Eastbourne(UK) of all places.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Box of Bunnies posted:

Best Red Ranger? Well, technically...

Sorry, I don't accept post-Wild Force Rangers :colbert:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Sorry, I don't accept post-Wild Force Rangers :colbert:

The first few Disney seasons were pretty much as good as Power Rangers will ever be in terms of characterisation, not just for the Rangers but Ninja Storm's villain is brilliant.

Your loss :shrug:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

RPM is easily the best season, and SPD is up there with Time Force. You're missing out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would say Wildforce is worse than Ninja Storm, SPD, and Dino Thunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It was mostly a joke. I just haven't watched Power Rangers since Wild Force. I'm also not terribly interested in doing so. I tried to watch RPM because I liked Go-onger so much, but it was so offensively dumb I just couldn't make it more than a couple of episodes in.