Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Miley Virus posted:

reason #5906 facebook is terrible: this loving poo poo

lol if you think "drink and do something to 1-up other people" is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

prefect posted:

wikipedia really needs a "take it to urban dictionary" rule

a little toasted so i decided to ngram it up

ww2 obv but not sure what the 1850s is about

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

Yodzilla posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Animal_characters_in_video_games

besides being an extremely limited list, of the few it includes it has D0g from Half-Life 2 which isn't even an animal, it's just a robot named after an animal

jfc have some pride in yourselves

cool its fishmech

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Yodzilla posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Animal_characters_in_video_games

besides being an extremely limited list, of the few it includes it has D0g from Half-Life 2 which isn't even an animal, it's just a robot named after an animal

jfc have some pride in yourselves

honestly thought that there would be more sonic characters on there

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
the gently caress is that kick drum doing

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Eegah posted:

the gently caress is that kick drum doing

WUBWUBWUB

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

where's the drop?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Rim p sure it's 3/4 or 6/4 tho

gently caress now I have to work it out

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

Sham bam bamina! posted:

simple english wikipedia owns

The games feature various character-types, like a bookworm, a tough girl, a younger girl, and a tomboy. Ero-games can include highly taboo themes, such as (coprophillia or dismemberment and pedophilia) and sometimes less taboo subjects, such as (incest, rape).

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Jesus Christ it's 4/4 this I s hosed up

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
literally a war crime

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Laissez's Fair: Gaddafi drops the bass

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

The games feature various character-types, like a bookworm, a tough girl, a younger girl, and a tomboy. Ero-games can include highly taboo themes, such as (coprophillia or dismemberment and pedophilia) and sometimes less taboo subjects, such as (incest, rape).

surprised that wasn't on regular wikipedia

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Love Gift was the band's last release on Blonde Vinyl Records, and ended up being one of the last releases by any record label owned by Michael Knott.

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

have you ever actually looked at the names people give asteroids? there are zillions of them named after girlfriends, celebrities, the astronomer's celebrity crush, nonsense, or bizarre nerd poo poo

9007 james bond
8353 megryan
8749 beatles
3533 toyota
19582 blow
1660 wood
1209 mr. spock
7328 casanova
6600 qwerty
55555 DNA
9885 linux
26858 misterrogers
8889 mockturtle
7377 pizzarello
26715 southdakota
3325 tardis
6000 united nations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

quote:

David J. Tholen and Tucker—two of the co-discoverers of the asteroid—are reportedly fans of the TV series Stargate SG-1. One of the show's persistent villains is an alien named Apophis. In the fictional world of the show, the alien's backstory was that he had lived on Earth during ancient times and had posed as a god, thereby giving rise to the myth of the Egyptian god of the same name

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

i'm a little surprised they used "coprophilia" on the simple-english version

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

prefect posted:

i'm a little surprised they used "coprophilia" on the simple-english version

"a sexualized attraction to feces" is so much better

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan tells the story of 13-year-old junior high schooler Sakura Kusakabe, who twenty years in the future develops a technology that causes all women to stop physically aging after they reach twelve years old in an attempt to create a "Pedophile's World". However, this act accidentally creates immortality amongst humans, thus offending God. Dokuro Mitsukai, a member of an order of assassin angels that are called Rurutie, has been sent from the future to kill him. Believing that Sakura can be redeemed, Dokuro decides instead to keep Sakura so occupied and distracted that he can never develop the immortality technology. Due to her impulsive nature and super-human strength however, she frequently kills him with her gigantic spiked kanabō (club), Excalibolg, on a moment's impulse, but returns him to life moments later with angelic power, typically reciting her personal chant "Pipiru-pipiru-pipiru-pi" (which has no meaning at all and is just a habit of hers). Sabato, another assassin of the Rurutie order who uses her feminine wiles along with her electric baton to do her job, is dispatched to complete Dokuro's original mission: Sakura's assassination.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parting_phrase
Fly a kite (from "Go gently caress yourself") (hostile)
Good riddance (hostile)
Leave me alone (hostile)
See you in Hell / I'll see you in Hell (hostile)

the wikipedia guide to understanding nuance

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Good riddance (hostile)
Leave me alone (hostile)

With you in spirit / I'm with you in spirit

hello new parting phrase

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
For the sake of this wiki, we will only list Hitler in fiction works.

Adolf Hitler (Captain Planet)
Adolf Hitler (Danger 5)
Adolf Hitler (DC)
Adolf Hitler (Disney)
Adolf Hitler (Downfall)
Adolf Hitler (Epic Rap Battles of History)
Adolf Hitler (Family Guy)
Adolf Hitler (Heil Honey I'm Home!)
Adolf Hitler (Hey Arnold!)
Adolf Hitler (Indiana Jones)
Adolf Hitler (Looney Tunes)
Adolf Hitler (Marvel)
Adolf Hitler (Red Dwarf)
Adolf Hitler (Rise of Evil)
Adolf Hitler (The Simpsons)
Adolf Hitler (TMNT)
Adolf Hitler (South Park)
Master D
He was parodied as Adenoid Hynkel in The Great Dictator.

Yodzilla posted:

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan tells the story of 13-year-old junior high schooler Sakura Kusakabe, who twenty years in the future develops a technology that causes all women to stop physically aging after they reach twelve years old in an attempt to create a "Pedophile's World". However, this act accidentally creates immortality amongst humans, thus offending God. Dokuro Mitsukai, a member of an order of assassin angels that are called Rurutie, has been sent from the future to kill him. Believing that Sakura can be redeemed, Dokuro decides instead to keep Sakura so occupied and distracted that he can never develop the immortality technology. Due to her impulsive nature and super-human strength however, she frequently kills him with her gigantic spiked kanabō (club), Excalibolg, on a moment's impulse, but returns him to life moments later with angelic power, typically reciting her personal chant "Pipiru-pipiru-pipiru-pi" (which has no meaning at all and is just a habit of hers). Sabato, another assassin of the Rurutie order who uses her feminine wiles along with her electric baton to do her job, is dispatched to complete Dokuro's original mission: Sakura's assassination.

its okay

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
dorito-chan

Bruciwayna
Apr 2, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Good riddance (hostile)
Leave me alone (hostile)

Some phrases, such as "Live long and prosper," "May the Force be with you," and "I'll be back" are taken from films. Furthermore, all holiday greetings (such as "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Easter") can act as parting phrases.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banhammer

Gaming usage [edit]

The name has been used in more mainstream venues, such as Halo 2 and Halo 3 video game for the Xbox console. Developers Bungie used the term "banhammer" when describing a July 2005 patch that scanned the user's hard drive and summarily restricted him or her from joining Xbox Live without possibility of appeal or leniency if it was determined that his or her copy had been modded.[3][4] News site Slashdot began using the term at that point and has subsequently applied it to multiple instances of similar housecleaning occurring on World of Warcraft.[5]

In other games such as Blizzard's StarCraft, the host has a hammer icon next to his or her name and is able to boot people from the chat along with the ability to ban people from the channel for a specified time period. The banhammer has even made an appearance in the RPG The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, where it can be found on the corpse of an NPC.[6]

Valve CEO Gabe Newell's inventory in Team Fortress 2, when examined using a third-party inspection tool, displays only one item, a Vintage Ban Hammer.[7] While the item's description claims it is merely a joke, the item is listed as equipped, and an in-game model for the weapon exists.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Often the term "sex tourism" is mistakenly interchanged with the term "child sex tourism". As opposed to regular sex tourism, which is often legal,

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Often the term "sex tourism" is mistakenly interchanged with the term "child sex tourism". As opposed to regular sex tourism, which is often legal,
:frogon:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like this for the implication that there are some countries all "if you come here and have sex with our women, we will arrest you"

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sagebrush posted:

i like this for the implication that there are some countries all "if you come here and have sex with our women, we will arrest you"
Dubai, Saudi Arabia, ...

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Chap hop (sometimes hyphenated as "chap-hop") is a variety of music originating from England that mixes the hip hop genre with elements from the Chappist or steampunk subcultures and stereotypical English obsessions such as cricket, tea and the weather.[1]

Two leading exponents of the genre are Professor Elemental and Mr. B The Gentleman Rhymer, other names include Poplock Holmes & DJ WattsOn.[2][3]

In 2011, Sir Reginald Pikedevant, Esquire, inspired by Regretsy's "Not Remotely Steampunk" section,[4] posted "Just Glue Some Gears On It (and call it Steampunk)" on YouTube, which quickly went viral and has generated over 500,000 views to date. It was named one of the top ten steampunk songs [5] and was acclaimed by steampunk notables.[4]

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

urgh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:what:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

prefect posted:

steampunk notables.[4]

mods

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

this and also Poplock Holmes

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Chappist Monks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RZApublican posted:

this and also Poplock Holmes

yeah i lol'd at this one tbh

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

poopsock holmes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
His humor caused him trouble during his time in Washington. He was known to greet citizens walking by his office on the White House tour by saying to them, "If you look on me as a wild animal, be kind enough to throw peanuts at me".[75] This prompted Wilson to move Marshall's office to the Senate Office building, where he would not be disturbed by visitors.[113] In response to a proposal to the board of the Smithsonian Institution to send a team to excavate for ruins in Guatemala, Marshall suggested that the team instead excavate around Washington. When asked why, he replied that, judging by the looks of the people walking on the street, they should be able find buried cave-men no more than six feet down. The joke was not well received, and he was shut out of board meetings for nearly a year.[59]