Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I'm trying to play OGSE (v0.69r2) on a steam copy of ShoC, but all I get after launching through the config launcher is this error:

Any ideas? If not, are there any other decent new campaigns? Stalker Soup maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
To start, google "OGSE Entry Point Not Found" and there will probably be some people who have the same issue. If not, find your crashlog in (should be in Documents - Stalker-shoc or thereabouts) and post the last few lines of the most recent crashlog.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MadBimber posted:

So I was cruising through the GSC forums, thought I'd look in some of the mod threads. Thought OSLM looked interesting. It's been a while since I've done a vanilla run of ShoC, and I thought why not? He changed a few things here and there, added this, added that. Pretty soon I was hearing chikki this, brikki that.

But then I hit lab x18. I figured there were no surprises left for me in labs. Little did I know, poltergeists have become one of the most powerful enemies in the game. One hit from a telekinetic hit completely destroys your armor. The next destroys you. Okay, okay, so I can wait in an area without any phys objects to throw. No, no it turns out there's also a completely invisible and very strong bloodsucker roaming around as well.

I quit after ten tries. :shepicide:

This is the basis for my mod and poltergeists really are ridiculous in normal.

What I've done is changed poltergeists completely. Regular poltergeists are now completely invisible. They use energy, though, so eventually they will run out and be completely visible/vulnerable. They also take far less punishment and deal less damage overall. I'm tweaking their sounds slightly so you should be able to listen to them moving around and firing in the direction one is in with a shotgun might kill one even if they are invisible.

A long time ago I managed to get a rather cool shader effect where the air distorts where a poltergeist is but I can't seem to remember how to redo that.

I've also scripted it so when you finally trigger the military raid, all poltergeists in the lab will be killed. I assume the soldiers and the hunters sent after you will clear them out.

Right now in addition to the military at various points you'll also have mercenaries after you. This is fitting with the original plot of RMA where the mercs are searching for Strelok too. Right now you'll encounter them in the Agroprom Underground (there's one guy who is sent, but he's in an exo with quite a nice shotgun - chances are good he might take down the soldiers before you get to them, or be horribly killed and give you some free loot) and a few in the Lab who will also fight with the army there.

I've also found a neat source of pre-fab meshes you can plonk into the game with scripting that add more elements to levels. So the Rookie Village now has a few additional things going for it like so:

Compared to:

(old pic)

Also with OGSE it's built around the Steam version 1.0005

Steam recently updated to 1.0006. This changed a few binaries. OGSE installs additional dll files that may be incompatible with the current steam version. I've compiled the appropriate bin files here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847454/Bin.7z

Back up your bin folder before using this. It's basically the 1.0006 DRM free exec file (that GSC released) coupled with a few modified dll files that use some of the X-Ray extensions. What this includes is stuff like:

Old build style aiming cursor (a solid circle with a dot)
Body collision - dead bodies and such now have physics attached to them so you can collide with them.
Highlighting equipped items in trade
Holstering of your weapon when in a car/on a ladder
First person death cam
Fixing the mp_ranks crash
Increasing the upper grass density range
Adding player-shadows.

The exe also contains a few fixes like fixing one crash that has plagued the game for a while.

This may or may not work. Give it a try, you can always delete the bin folder and have steam redownload those files if it doesn't work.

e: This also includes the "Firing binoculars" tweak so OGSE weapons with variable scopes will work correctly.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 7, 2014

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I did manage to get through, by getting lucky running around and not attracting the attention of the bloodsucker. Pseudo-giant took three rifle grenades and an American grenade, then of course a burer spawned after that. Wouldn't you know it, if they see you, the lock you in place and DBZ blast you to death. Still had a grenade for him though, took him down.

I will say, though, it was great that I didn't kill the bloodsucker. After the fight in the lab and waking up, I immediately heard gunfire and a monster yell. Lots of gunfire at first, then more sporadic. More screams, more roars, more gunfire. When at last it died down, I went outside and started my trek back up out of the lab. Along the way were great scenes of carnage. Soldiers slumped to the floor, their guns half across the room, blood splattered on the wall. Some died in groups, others fell alone. I walked slowly, listening for foot steps, voices, anything. One soldier had become caught in the railing in a stairwell. When I made it to the top floor and I was nearly out, I heard something walking. I hid behind a wall and cabinet and waited. Slowly, something I could not see thumped past me, down the stairs to wherever it came from. When I couldn't hear its feet anymore I ran for the door and never looked back.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
For what it's worth, I've kept that bloodsucker in. But he's now not invisible, slightly stronger, and only spawns after a certain part of the level.

Permanently invisible enemies annoy the poo poo out of me especially if they're overly powerful like a bloodsucker. There's another one later on if you do a quest for the mechanic in the Cordon. Poltergeists I don't really mind since they're now more annoying than dangerous (although they can be if coupled with something else) and they're not invisible forever. It's quite something when you turn a corner and see one slithering away on the floor.

E: I've come across something amusing. I've been using the pre-fabs to spawn new corpses in various areas, but I guess one of the weird side-effects is their bodies become really, really stretched out. This looks pretty cool for one location (in the anomaly field Sid sends you to) but it kind of looks weird everywhere else.

I'll see if I can get a decent screenshot of stretched-out body man.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Feb 7, 2014

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Clear Sky is presently $2.99 at GOG; the others are on sale, too.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm playing Autumn Aurora for SoC.

It's so pretty and the sounds are awesome :allears:

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Missing Name posted:

I'm playing Autumn Aurora for SoC.

It's so pretty and the sounds are awesome :allears:

I haven't tried that - I'm just finishing another ZRP playthrough and will have a look.

I like the variety in SOC, even Vanilla. Verdant greens all the way through to the creepy reds and browns of Yantar. Apropos if you haven't tried the Texture packs offered with Atmosfear for COP, do have a look. They're very good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

Clear Sky is presently $2.99 at GOG; the others are on sale, too.

Make sure you get clear sky complete and/or the faction wars mod. Clear Sky is really fun.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Acquire Currency! posted:

Make sure you get clear sky complete and/or the faction wars mod. Clear Sky is really fun.

It's the only one I haven't played. I'll definitely check it out.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think Clear Sky is probably my favourite of the three but it runs like poo poo for me. Getting a mod that fixes the weapons is a must, though, the base guns are atrociously bad, even upgraded.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
My only gripe about CS (+ Complete) is that I'm stuck in Yantar trying to get into Sakharov's bunker but am locked out because by the time I'm done killing a wave of zombies another group appears on the scene. Zombies are way too bullet-spongy for my tastes :sigh:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

My only gripe about CS (+ Complete) is that I'm stuck in Yantar trying to get into Sakharov's bunker but am locked out because by the time I'm done killing a wave of zombies another group appears on the scene. Zombies are way too bullet-spongy for my tastes :sigh:

Are you playing on master difficulty and always aiming for the head?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

I think Clear Sky is probably my favourite of the three but it runs like poo poo for me. Getting a mod that fixes the weapons is a must, though, the base guns are atrociously bad, even upgraded.

For the love of god this, otherwise your bullets will leave the barrel at 30 degree angles

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I don't know if it's anything like SHOC but pace your shots, as there is a settle time (think it's around a second) and once you figure that out you can get surprisingly accurate.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This talk about CS made me buy it again (lost my disc copy).

My only big gripe with CS is that it eventually corrupts all my save games and CTD's on me. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was on Windows Vista before. Maybe now that I'm on Windows 8.1 it will show me some mercy. The CoP SDK used to crash for me all the time on Vista but on 8.1 it runs without any errors.

Instead of Complete or the Faction Wars mod I think installing the newest version of the Sky Reclamation Project + texture mods/Atmosfear + porting over OWR2 to CS is my best bet for a fun playthrough.

Does anyone know if Sky Reclamation Project by itself fixes the grenade spamming issue?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

I don't know if it's anything like SHOC but pace your shots, as there is a settle time (think it's around a second) and once you figure that out you can get surprisingly accurate.

Oh no it's not that, it has to be experienced to believed. Almost forgot about the grenades, hahah hope you enjoy grenades.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Oh no it's not that, it has to be experienced to believed. Almost forgot about the grenades, hahah hope you enjoy grenades.

Hah! It's kinda weird how GSC evolved the mechanics. SHOC seemed very ridiculous and I didn't fully understand it until reading the ZRP notes. COP's was much better in that you could do pretty well with the starting AKS-74U as long as you were careful, and the PM was much more accurate than in SHOC.

The 'realistic weapons mod' suggested for SHOC Complete seems like a good idea, but it radically unbalances the game; the AK-74 remains competitive start to finish, the early game is very easy, the late game is very hard - whereas Vanilla is pretty progressive as long as you get the right guns.

I'll try CS with the complete mod as reading the OP it sounds poo poo without it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

Hah! It's kinda weird how GSC evolved the mechanics. SHOC seemed very ridiculous and I didn't fully understand it until reading the ZRP notes. COP's was much better in that you could do pretty well with the starting AKS-74U as long as you were careful, and the PM was much more accurate than in SHOC.

The 'realistic weapons mod' suggested for SHOC Complete seems like a good idea, but it radically unbalances the game; the AK-74 remains competitive start to finish, the early game is very easy, the late game is very hard - whereas Vanilla is pretty progressive as long as you get the right guns.

I'll try CS with the complete mod as reading the OP it sounds poo poo without it.

There was a time where I was considering putting clear sky as my favorite vanilla stalker, then I met the military death turret.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
i saw a stalker film: monolith's whisper. it's a fan film of course so it's a bit limited. didn't think too much of the dialogue/action sequences, the plot has a few interesting (if expected) twists but ends on a cliffhanger that doesn't make any sense

still cool tho

angryydog
Jul 16, 2011

Swartz posted:

Does anyone know if Sky Reclamation Project by itself fixes the grenade spamming issue?

SRP v1.0.3a has a optional feature which reduces grenade spam by lowering the probability of a potential enemy NPC spawning with a grenade.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epileper posted:

i saw a stalker film: monolith's whisper. it's a fan film of course so it's a bit limited. didn't think too much of the dialogue/action sequences, the plot has a few interesting (if expected) twists but ends on a cliffhanger that doesn't make any sense

still cool tho

I think you were just playing SHoC

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Actually GoG are doing the set for $15, perfect, I have no idea where my physical copies are. 4 hours to go though.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
To those interested in the COP mod "Original Weapons Renewal", in addition to the replacement of all the vanilla meshes with high-quality models, he just released an addon version which has a ton of new weapons.

You can download it here.

From his page:

quote:

The enhanced version of the second release Call of Pripyat Original Weapons Renewal mod.
It is incompatible with previous releases of OWR mod and should be installed on clear COP installation.
However, this version can be easily merged with Atmosfear 3 (included particles.xr file is AF3 compatible), Absolute Nature 3 and Absolute Structures.

List of content included in weapons addon.

Ammo:

7.62x39
7.62x51

Addons:

PU scope

Pistols:

MP-443 Grach
CZ-75
PMM
CZ-52 (9x18mm)
Gsh-18
Glock 17
MP-412

SMGs:

PP-91 Kedr
VZ-61 (9x18mm)
PP-2000
PP-2000 reflex sight
UMP-45

Shotguns:

Saiga
Saiga Kobra
Izh-43
BM-16 full
Toz-34 Sawned-off
MP-133 Baikal
Mossberg 590
Remington 870

Assault rifles:

AKM
AK-47
AEK-971
RPK-74
RPK-74 Kobra
Type 63
FN FAL
HK G3
VSK-94
M16

Sniper rifles:

Mosin
SVT-40
Sako Trg-22
L96

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Swartz posted:

To those interested in the COP mod "Original Weapons Renewal", in addition to the replacement of all the vanilla meshes with high-quality models, he just released an addon version which has a ton of new weapons.

You can download it here.

From his page:

The G3 and Mosin are definitely my favorite weapons.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

E.Nigma posted:

The G3 and Mosin are definitely my favorite weapons.

I'm currently rocking an upgraded RPK-74 and a Type 63 w/ PU scope. I think I like the Type 63 the best so far.

The G3 is nice, I might switch out a weapon for it later.

Once I encounter the SVT-40 I'd probably want to use that the rest of the game but ammo for that caliber is so sparse I think I'll pass.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I forgot how intense lab x-16 was and the pseudo-giant in the tunnels after. Then the fight back to the bar got a bit insane when 2 bloodsuckers popped up and started to ice all the mercs around me. Brain Scorcher time!

E: can anyone remind me how to get into the stash at room 26? The door us locked and I can't remember how to get it open.

Double e: .Figured it out, finally beat SHoC!

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 10, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So I was perusing Misery 2.1's scripts to see if they used anything I added with my patch, and god drat they're a loving mess. They still haven't fixed the anabiotic thing, even though I gave them working code, a functional item use script, and my permission to use it.

If they spent half as much time looking at the scripts than they did producing overblown promotional videos they might have a functioning concept.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
What, and discontinue making seven different types of ripped cloth to clutter your inventory? MAYBE they would have accepted your work if you provided them something important, like a sweat simulator. That way, after running for a day or two, you'd need to wash your clothes (in a basin you bought from Owl for tens of thousands of Ru, and using only clean water. Now you have to choose between washing and taking a drink!). If you don't wash them, mutants start to smell you from a distance and will seek you out from two maps over. Didn't you know dogs can smell human scents from several miles away?

REALISM

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Man I forgot how intense lab x-16 was and the pseudo-giant in the tunnels after. Then the fight back to the bar got a bit insane when 2 bloodsuckers popped up and started to ice all the mercs around me. Brain Scorcher time!

E: can anyone remind me how to get into the stash at room 26? The door us locked and I can't remember how to get it open.

Double e: .Figured it out, finally beat SHoC!

That was quick! I lucked out with that pseudo-giant - he ran across the intersection of the tunnel to my front, and I never saw him again. It was fortunate too, because I was down to just my pistol having lost horrendous amounts of ammo battling the snorks and zombies with the professor in the swamp. It was my fault, really. I hadn't brought enough ammo before heading to X16.

Anyone else prefer SHoC's pripyat to COPs? Much as I love COP I felt their version was a bit dull.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

That was quick! I lucked out with that pseudo-giant - he ran across the intersection of the tunnel to my front, and I never saw him again. It was fortunate too, because I was down to just my pistol having lost horrendous amounts of ammo battling the snorks and zombies with the professor in the swamp. It was my fault, really. I hadn't brought enough ammo before heading to X16.

Anyone else prefer SHoC's pripyat to COPs? Much as I love COP I felt their version was a bit dull.

For this run I brought along an RPG every where I went :metal101:.
I was playing Oblivion Lost for this, while it's a good mod for some things when it came to Prypiat it became the worst. It does this thing with controllers that beefs the poo poo out of them and adds insane attack damage on top of doubling their attack speed. What's worse is of there's a controller anywhere on the map your screen will sway side to side every few seconds- it's immensely frustrating and actually cause me to restart the game a few weeks ago because I couldn't figure out what was happening.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It's weird because quite a few of my tweaks/fixes made it through but certain things just still don't work. It's especially weird as they updated the actor_effects_data.script hugely but didn't think to include the simple tweak that would allow anabiotics to function.

I'm currently looking at the Ghillie Suit stuff to see how it works. I almost half expect it to literally turn you into a tree.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have any idea how I'd uninstall oblivion lost for SHoC?
E: hey look Clear Sky Complete survived the uninstall, I love the banter at freedom base
Double E: lol so does the Misery 2.1 beta purposely spawn you with no weapons or items and one dollar or..?

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 11, 2014

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

The weapons renewal mod is great, but on a vanilla + Atmosfear install it buffs the accuracy to something nearer real MOA, which is all well and good but there's no point in upgrading any weapons as they're already death rays.

Also, I came across random hostile bandits almost immediately (like you do in SHoC). I swear that never happened in Vanilla, but I absolutely welcome it .

Not saying this is a bad thing (I like the sperginess, to be honest) but, buyer beware and all that.

Sulman fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 11, 2014

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

Does anyone know if there is a Clear Sky mod that makes the mouse move more quickly in menus? Vanilla SHoC had the same problem, which the Zone Reclamation mod fixed, but I can't find anything like that for Clear Sky. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice if there's a simple fix.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Optimus Prime Ribs posted:

Does anyone know if there is a Clear Sky mod that makes the mouse move more quickly in menus? Vanilla SHoC had the same problem, which the Zone Reclamation mod fixed, but I can't find anything like that for Clear Sky. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice if there's a simple fix.

I want to say Clear Sky Complete? I got to be serious here CS complete is great and if I could get a ballistics mod CS would be my favorite STALKER.

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

I want to say Clear Sky Complete?

I have Clear Sky Complete installed and running, but it has no affect on the mouse sensitivity in menus.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I realized why AA sounds so much more realistic than vanilla. Lots of sounds were taken from Battlefield Bad Company 2, which are far more on the realistic side of gunfire. No exaggerated booms for rifles and howitzers for handguns, no "pew pew" of silencers. No, we're talking sharp cracks and pops here.

Also, Acquire Currency, great loving avatar.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Before I try it myself when I go home does anyone know if the Original Weapons Renewal mod is compatible with the Sigerours Mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Missing Name posted:

I realized why AA sounds so much more realistic than vanilla. Lots of sounds were taken from Battlefield Bad Company 2, which are far more on the realistic side of gunfire. No exaggerated booms for rifles and howitzers for handguns, no "pew pew" of silencers. No, we're talking sharp cracks and pops here.

Also, Acquire Currency, great loving avatar.

Does anyone know if it would be a fairly simple cut/paste to replace the gun sounds in, say CoP SGM?