Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Finally got the parts in to finish probably the last classic space set I'll complete, most of the other partial sets I have would cost goofy amounts of cast on bricklink to complete. But I'm not complaining, I got a bunch of cool stuff sitting on a shelf doing exactly what the lego movie told us not to do. :v:

Lego 6891 by mrxzzy, on Flickr

Only now do I realize I probably should have washed the dust off those black finned pieces on the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I will be tremendously disappointed if the submarine isn't a kit in the second wave for the Lego Movie kits.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Oh my goodness, look who makes a cameo in the Secret Police dropship set! :swoon:

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

Finally got the parts in to finish probably the last classic space set I'll complete, most of the other partial sets I have would cost goofy amounts of cast on bricklink to complete. But I'm not complaining, I got a bunch of cool stuff sitting on a shelf doing exactly what the lego movie told us not to do. :v:

Only now do I realize I probably should have washed the dust off those black finned pieces on the back.

I'll see your whatever that is and up you a Galaxy Explorer. Just finished building this last week. I need to get correct landing legs for it, but at $2+ for each one, that's tough to buy. I think I'm going to build the other "LL xxx" series ships then probably stop my classic space stuff. I have no more space to display them.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

Oh my goodness, look who makes a cameo in the Secret Police dropship set! :swoon:

Batman, Emmett, Green Ninjago dude and.....Ernest Hemmingway?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Johnny Thunder, Not-Indiana Jones.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

ltr posted:

I'll see your whatever that is and up you a Galaxy Explorer. Just finished building this last week. I need to get correct landing legs for it, but at $2+ for each one, that's tough to buy. I think I'm going to build the other "LL xxx" series ships then probably stop my classic space stuff. I have no more space to display them.

Spaceship!!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

3 posted:

Is this the first LEGO movie set with Batman?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Reading my local paper this morning told me there were previews of the movie yesterday at my cinema all day. It's not officially out here in the UK till Friday 14th :doh:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ltr posted:

I'll see your whatever that is and up you a Galaxy Explorer.

I already got one. :whatup:

Only problems is it has the wrong blue slope on the front, and no TV antenna because gently caress paying 15 bucks for a single piece.

I feel bad for anyone buying light gray these days, the prices are absurd. Fortunately for me I have three gallon sized ziplocs of the stuff.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I'm excited for the Spaceship! if only it'll give me a chance to buy/play with the Space theme stuff again! :woop:

Movie was great, it was Pixar levels of good. I actually went to the Lego Store beforehand with the Mrs. and ended up buying a few of the movie minifig bags as well as the Creator Aviation Adventure set (the plane kinda reminds me of a SBD Dauntless) and the Star Wars A-Wing.

It was a really good Sunday :3:

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
My local theatre had about 4 show times the entire day for Lego Movie since launch, went there Sunday to try to get tickets and already sold out by noon. :negative: There are now about 9 show times today but have to go work and I am not going to a late showing. Also, I'm pretty sure the summary they provided on the website includes two spoilers: An ordinary LEGO minifigure, mistakenly thought to be the extraordinary MasterBuilder, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil LEGO tyrant from gluing the universe together. It's like they just said "Kids movie, nobody is gonna see this, and gently caress anyone who cares about the plot."

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

I already got one. :whatup:

Only problems is it has the wrong blue slope on the front, and no TV antenna because gently caress paying 15 bucks for a single piece.

I feel bad for anyone buying light gray these days, the prices are absurd. Fortunately for me I have three gallon sized ziplocs of the stuff.

Yeah, I'm building most of my classic space stuff from scratch at this point. It's definitely more expensive than other series to collect, but there are some decent sellers out there for pieces. Just a handful of expensive pieces that make it tough to finish sets sometimes. Wish some of those pieces were available in the cheaper light bley.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ltr posted:

Yeah, I'm building most of my classic space stuff from scratch at this point. It's definitely more expensive than other series to collect, but there are some decent sellers out there for pieces. Just a handful of expensive pieces that make it tough to finish sets sometimes. Wish some of those pieces were available in the cheaper light bley.

I gave up on collecting once I saw this guy's stuff at brickworld. I decided I would never have room for all that and would enjoy it more from afar. :v:

I just wanted a few of my favorite sets sitting on a shelf to prove I was in fact once a child.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Should I be in fear of not getting all of the new Hobbit sets? I saw one on clearance at Target and a lot of stores don't have them. I was taking a little break so I didn't pick up all the ones I wanted when they were released, but should I go on a binge?

And in related news, I should have some time to pick up all the Lego Movie sets, right?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I bought the Super Cycle Chase tonight, and received these freebies!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 10, 2014

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

The_Doctor posted:

I bought the Super Cycle Chase tonight, and received these freebies!

(MacGufffin from the movie)

Spoiler that poo poo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

7thBatallion posted:

Spoiler that poo poo.

I haven't seen the movie yet, I didn't know it was anything :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I haven't seen the movie yet, I didn't know it was anything :(

It's not, unless "the movie has lego bricks in it" is a spoiler.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

xzzy posted:

It's not, unless "the movie has lego bricks in it" is a spoiler.

It's A rather important object in the Movie, not to mention it's subtitle

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

7thBatallion posted:

It's in all the trailers and on every product description.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

7thBatallion posted:

It's introduced five minutes into the loving movie and that set gives away nothing other than the color of the macguffin. We really don't need this hyper-sensitive spoilers crap outside of TVIV.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Seriously? We can't talk about lego sets that have had pictures flying around the internet for months because a single brick in those sets is important to the movie?

poo poo, you better not look at set 70809 because that set is basically the entire movie!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Hell every set with Emmet in it also has the MacGuffin. All you're learning from that picture is its name, which is no clue to anything else.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Neurion posted:

Hell every set with Emmet in it also has the MacGuffin. All you're learning from that picture is its name, which is no clue to anything else.

I have no idea what a MacGuffin is, but I don't feel like I've been 'spoiled' since I haven't seen the movie yet.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Rathina posted:

I have no idea what a MacGuffin is, but I don't feel like I've been 'spoiled' since I haven't seen the movie yet.

A MacGuffin is a thing which drives the plot but is ultimately meaningless, because it could be pretty much anything. See the briefcase in Pulp Fiction. The name comes from Hitchcock, whose movies were full of ultimately-meaningless plot-drivers.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rathina posted:

Click this picture of the Holy MacGuffin to have all your questions answered.

e: kinda beat

It's so weird seeing Lego versions of some of the non-Lego things in the movie.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fred Meyer Lego clearance rampage continues. Picked up the Z-95 for $20 today.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Got new flux capacitor today, spelled correctly! :smug:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Was pawing through my white pieces tonight (which is a color I almost never use because a huge chunk of my white bricks are yellowed and dirty) and found a piece I didn't know I had anymore (the printed nose part). So then I rushed off to the internet to find instructions and resurrected this little guy. :3:

Lego 6820 by mrxzzy, on Flickr

From Lego's era of "you want more than 40 parts in a set, kid? dream on!"

Tiny builds like this was all I got for the better part of 10 years.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Target behind the south bay galleria in Hawthorne, CA

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

Was pawing through my white pieces tonight (which is a color I almost never use because a huge chunk of my white bricks are yellowed and dirty) and found a piece I didn't know I had anymore (the printed nose part). So then I rushed off to the internet to find instructions and resurrected this little guy. :3:

Lego 6820 by mrxzzy, on Flickr

From Lego's era of "you want more than 40 parts in a set, kid? dream on!"

Tiny builds like this was all I got for the better part of 10 years.

I have that set. Your printed nose piece is in so much better condition than mine.

I half a dozen different classic space 40 piece sets from when I was little so I know how it goes with tiny builds so often. Though back then I never cared, it was just LEGOS! I've probably spent more in the last 8 months on Bricklink than my parents spent on all the legos combined when I was little.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Target behind the south bay galleria in Hawthorne, CA

Happen to know how much the Bug Obliterators were? I work off the 105 on Wednesday mornings so it may be worth a trip for me.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I built the hive crawler Friday and the galactic Titan tonight, I think I'm going to pick up the obliteration tomorrow because why not. The sets are all pretty cool, especially discounted.

E: looked online, target has the eradication mech, not the obliteration. The eradicator is like the one set I don't like, too.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 11, 2014

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Those probably are not as good of a deal as Walmart, but gently caress do I want them now. I didn't think they were great at full price, but they are awesome at half off!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

ltr posted:

Happen to know how much the Bug Obliterators were? I work off the 105 on Wednesday mornings so it may be worth a trip for me.

The top set was around $45 or $50 and the bottom set I didn't look at the price.

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007
When does Target set items to clearance? I ask because none of the ones I hit up in the east bay had clearance. (unless they have move them to a different part of the store).

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

SaNChEzZ posted:

The top set was around $45 or $50 and the bottom set I didn't look at the price.

That's actually pretty good for target. Their clearance is often like 5-10% until the very end.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Red_Chief posted:

When does Target set items to clearance? I ask because none of the ones I hit up in the east bay had clearance. (unless they have move them to a different part of the store).

Usually they do a big Toy clearance in January and June/July. Usually there are a few Lego sets but they are slower to drop in price, would be like 30% off when the rest of the toy clearance is 50-70%, a lot of what I remember seeing in January were a lot of the Chima sets. At the beginning they will be spread through out the Aisles at 15-30% off, once it hits 50% off, they usually condense all the clearance into it's own Aisle.

Now you can still find random sets sometimes marked down on clearance. I had picked up the seaside cottage for 50% off, and a smaller City Set, the flat bed tow truck I think it was for 30% off. I did see a Kings Castle set also for 40% off, and I am kicking my self now for not buying it, that was probably back in August or September. Random sets like these are usually on a end cap in the back of one of the toy aisles. They might just be a set or 2 mixed in with a lot of other random toy clearance.

The "seasonal" poly bags that are in the seasonal aisles should drop to 50% off when the rest of the seasonal aisle does.

Also, what is on clearance at Target, doesn't mean it will be on Clearance at another Target. Sometimes smaller Targets are quicker to clearance out then the larger targets. It's really a huge YMMV.

Also January/February is a good time to take a glance down the "Baby" aisle, and "sporting goods" as a lot of stuff gets clearanced out in those areas as well.

Rathina fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 11, 2014

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
I thought I would submit my idea to CUUSOO for letter tiles that I had made for my kids. I hope it is ok to post this link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/58184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Rathina posted:

I thought I would submit my idea to CUUSOO for letter tiles that I had made for my kids. I hope it is ok to post this link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/58184

That's a cool idea buuuut: http://education.lego.com/en-gb/lego-education-product-database/preschool/9530-letters-set