Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

The list has been updated.

Does anyone have interest in Harry Potter and/or cats? I'm working on putting some mailings together :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysa09
May 28, 2010

lamb posted:

Does anyone have interest in Harry Potter and/or cats? I'm working on putting some mailings together :)

Oo oo oo! Me! (For both)

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force

lamb posted:

Both for me too :)

brotato
May 14, 2013

lamb posted:

I have so much interest in cats. All my stationary is cat stationary (I am weird cat guy apparently.)

Also, I received a postcard from Kafka's Goldfish! No pic at the moment because I'm in class but thank you!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

TeamLunch my Christmas card to you got returned. I forgot the apartment number like a big dork but I feel like by now your mailman should know who you are. :colbert:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

In case you didn't hear, for those of us in the U.S. the cost of a stamp will go up to $0.49 this weekend. Buy your forever stamps today and avoid the rate increase!

http://m.stamps.com/mobile/usps/postage-rate-increase/

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Has anyone received their postcard(s) from Mexico yet? We got the one I sent home earlier this week but I'm beginning to think none of the others made it off the island. [insert Lost joke here]

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Shoozy posted:

Has anyone received their postcard(s) from Mexico yet? We got the one I sent home earlier this week but I'm beginning to think none of the others made it off the island. [insert Lost joke here]

I just got yours today! It is beautiful and hanging on my wall year round! Is the food good there?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

lamb posted:

Me me me! Hope I'm not too late.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

JimmydaFish posted:

Me me me! Hope I'm not too late.

Not too late at all! They probably won't go out until after St Patrick's Day or Easter.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I just got yours today! It is beautiful and hanging on my wall year round! Is the food good there?

Yay!

The food is just okay. I was disappointed by the lack of authentic Mexican food. They have pizza, Italian, Chinese, Cuban, American, gourmet food using typical Mexican flavors. We had some very good rib-eye steaks at one place. The two Mexican-type restaurants they had actually looked pretty gimmicky and so we didn't even go in. Then again, there were a couple small places that I never made it in to that looked like they had good Mexican.

If you like ceviche, you'll be in heaven. We ate at one place that was on the beach right where a lot of the fishing boats dock. One family caught a ...something... and they had it made into ceviche that they brought back to the hotel and had for dinner the next night. I thought that was pretty cool.

I think the thing I'll remember the most about the whole trip is the amount of time we spent outside. The temperature was so perfectly warm and the ocean breezes are just about everywhere, that we just didn't want to be inside. Ever. We wouldn't even eat at a restaurant if their outdoor seating was full. I think the only time we were inside was when we slept.

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force
I got the best cross stitch from Kafka's goldfish. It will look awesome in the nursery.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Just picked up my Valentine's cards for this year! :buddy: Old hats to the thread will be surprised that I opted for ridiculous looking dogs ;)

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013

lamb posted:

I love cats.......even though I'm super allergic to 'um.

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks to everyone who sent Christmas cards and goodies....you know who you are. Prepare yourselves for Valentine's cards......they will be in the mail soon!!:h:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Shoozy --- just got your postcard yesteday! YAY!

Lamb I love kittehs.

I just bought a bunch of Valentines last night--- time for Goonlove to be sent out. Only NOT today because I have vertigo and feel like I just got out of the Teacups at Disney World.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Keetron I received your postcard, thanks!

Shenanigansluck
Dec 10, 2013
Well off to vacation in the Smokey Mountain / Gatlinburg area. Would anyone like a post card from here ?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Yes, me!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Shenanigansluck posted:

Well off to vacation in the Smokey Mountain / Gatlinburg area. Would anyone like a post card from here ?

If you're willing to share... :3:

(I collect postcards, and the Smokey Mountains are one of my favorite places in the whole country!)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Keetron and Kafka's Goldfish! I got your cards! Sorry no pictures, but I wanted you to know they arrived safe and sound.

13Pandora13 posted:

TeamLunch my Christmas card to you got returned. I forgot the apartment number like a big dork but I feel like by now your mailman should know who you are. :colbert:

My mailman must be a bit of a spoil sport . . . if you want to cross off Christmas, put 'Valentines Day' and re-send it, I'll still love it.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I'm sorry guys. I owe some thank yous but I've had a lot going on lately. So a huge thank you to Kahka's Goldfish, Brotato, Lamb and marlowe can you go! If I missed anyone, I'm really sorry. :( I'll have to send out some more goonmail soon when I have some time/spare cash.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Here's another InCoWriMo giveaway:

http://www.jetpens.com/blog/pen-perks-incowrimo-giveaway/pt/587

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying

Goonmail. :stare:

Most of these are from the glorious Christmas rush. And I'll be honest, I basically let school knock me on my rear end shortly after that, so I haven't really had time to reply. But now that I've wrapped up some pressing nonschool projects, I think I'll have just enough time to start painting a big batch of Valentines cards! I'm determined to respond to everyone. Eventually.

Here's another shot of the completely awesome little thing Kafka's Goldfish made:

Totally gonna frame it.

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

I just received an amazing card and cross stitch from Kafka's Goldfish today. Says it was sent the 17th of Jan. I'm sorry the post here is terrible and slow. :blush:

To answer your question, yes. I did get your Labyrinth cross stitch last year, it is awesome and still on display on my shelf! I'll post a picture when I find my Camera.

Shenanigansluck
Dec 10, 2013
Back from vacation and switching jobs again... I got about 20 valentines together and will be sending them out to random people also I have postcards from vacation to send out ... if anyone who didn't already reply wants a Smokey Mountain post card I have a bunch let me know :)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I have some letters to send back! Goonintine's coming.

I got dumped last week in a pretty unexpected, public and all around bad way, so if anyone wants to spare some extra goon love, it'd be appreciated. <3

mysa09
May 28, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

I have some letters to send back! Goonintine's coming.

I got dumped last week in a pretty unexpected, public and all around bad way, so if anyone wants to spare some extra goon love, it'd be appreciated. <3

:sympathy:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thank you ladyflash for your radical dino valentine. The stickers are also much appreciated. Oh, and the candy. Thanks for that.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Just got goonlove mail from Lady Flash and Lamb .

My husband and I are MOVING on the 21st, so the new address to update (in say a week or so) will be: 8707 Anglers Pointe, Tampa, FL 33637.

I'll have the mail forwarded anyways, so even if you send it to the new address, it won't really matter too much!

I have some goonlove getting ready to go out as well! :-D

PS--- Can I also get my name changed from Dee P to Dee Anderson? My husband gets annoyed that I haven't bother to changed everything to HIS last name :-P

DLAO fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 9, 2014

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Thanks to Lamb, Stuffins, and LadyFlash for the great V-day stuff! You guys know this is my favorite holiday, right? LOVE IT!!

From Lamb (not pictured but I totally cut it out and put it on my wall is the adorable sailor puppy):

From Lady Flash:

From Stuffins:

I'll have a few Valentines out in the mail tomorrow.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Um, Um, Um. So... LADY FLASH... I just realized that the Valentines that I sent out--- yours was missing the little mini-valentine. I am so sorry. :smith:

I owe you post in the future!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Hey stuffins thanks for the valentines, I really like the card!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
It's getting less and less likely I'll actually get this thing out before V-day.

You guys wouldn't mind a slightly tardy valentine, would you? :blush:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

I received three pieces of goonmail from 13Pandora13, DLAO and Kafka's Goldfish (your cross stitch is hanging on proud display now!) and send out a batch of 10 this weekend, no V-cards.
So I sat down to paint a big series of Valentines to go out to goons all across the globe. To make a long story short, my spouse is very pregnant and hormonal and has issues with me sending out valentine cards to anyone but her and at this point I cannot blame her. All cards are now of more neutral nature and will go out somewhere next week when I have time again to sit down and complete them.
Another discovery is that it makes no difference if I put the card in an envelope or send it out bare, this offers opportunities to add some small random stuff, again of neutral nature...

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013

Got a card from Lady Flash for Valentine's Day thanks alot!

Goons are the best!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Got a lovely Valentine's Day card from the ever-so-sweet lamb. Sorry I haven't been very responsive in this thread (haven't sent anything out in a few months), but hopefully soon I'll be able to send out some arbitrary cards of joy. Probably won't have time to make it for Valentine's day. Much love to everyone in this thread!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

IMJack posted:

It's getting less and less likely I'll actually get this thing out before V-day.

You guys wouldn't mind a slightly tardy valentine, would you? :blush:

I'm always late with holiday-specific mail, and no one has complained yet! :)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Wow, valentine card palooza today! Thank you Lamb, Stuffins, Lady Flash & Team Lunch for the cards and treats. It really brightened my day. :)

I got some cards out this weekend. Hope to get the rest mailed tomorrow. I hope they all make it in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Jimmydafish--- I Got Your Letter of Goonly Love today!

It's been a hard long week and it's only Tuesday! Your love has help re-fortify me for the rest of this adventure!