Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

First one is yes. He chose not to talk about him much more than saying that he had a son and chose not to speak of him any further.

When he is telling us it would be best to save ourselves pain and anguish by not having children, Ishamal is speaking from experience.
Ishamal did tell you once, in the past, that he had a son.

Mr Apollo posted:

Ask: Who else knows about me and what I am? Are any of them likely to try and harm me?
"There are some who would have strangled you in your crib. They have noticed you now. I will deal with them as I must. They will be far more at ease if you are made to not have children. They may try to kill your children out of fear and I do not have the power to stop them if they truly put their mind to it."

Jewcoon posted:

We will learn from you Ishamal, but you must make a covenant with us that you will watch over, protect, and guard our descendants from harm, for as long as you can and as long as my descendants last. Teach them to do what is right, and to change the world for the better.
"Some of them will be wicked and they will have to be stopped. You will weep at the evil at least some of your offspring will do Enkidel and the world will almost surely be better off if you have none."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Is now a good time to tell you that an escaped slave of one of Ibleam's mighty men was sent to us by Azzazel and we are kind of looking after him?
Minivote.

FoxTerrier posted:

Thus were you when you were young. Ought you to have been neutered, or 'dealt with' in your crib?

We have a right to know exactly what you propose to do with our descendants. It is only fair you spell out exactly what you intend.

If I exist, is that not Els will? If I had children, would that not be his will as well? By what right would you supersede that?
This falls under the "minivote for inflammatory/controversial" bit. Speak up if you want to ask this.

IRC bit posted:

21:14:48 | <NettleSoup> thing is, isn't there rumblings in Ibleam?
21:14:54 | <NettleSoup> Haven't they been at war in our lifetime?
21:15:54 | <Diog> Ibleam has not been at war with Zepath in generations.
21:15:55 | <NettleSoup> well, tudiyas lifetime
21:15:59 | <Diog> Tudiyas reign has been quiet.
21:16:07 | <Diog> In prior generations, some border skermishes and cattle raids
21:16:08 | <Diog> but not war
21:16:14 | <NettleSoup> ah

Numeron posted:

Question: You gave us a drink to ward our minds, yet you just read it then. What are the limitations of the warding? Are others still able to read our minds?
"It will only ward your mind from those of lesser power."

Numeron posted:

Another one: Do you have any children that are your blood?
"I don't wish to speak of it."

Numeron posted:

Also: Am I the same... thing... that you are?
"I am not giving you hints as to what you are, if I can avoid it. There is a terrible danger there. I may tell you if you show wisdom and control of your power."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Do you recall of the vision we had when we were young, about preparing for times of hardship? Can you tell us what it means now?
"You aren't ready."

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Diogines posted:

Ishamal is quiet for a long moment and then says. "It is not my place to interfere between any man and his god. What was done in that cave, you did. You might also have killed all of your men or done far, far worse."

"If the priests of El are wrong, why shouldn't you interfere? Why shouldn't we?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

falcon2424 posted:

"If the priests of El are wrong, why shouldn't you interfere? Why shouldn't we?"
"I did not say they are wrong. If you wish to learn of El, speak to a priest. Do not interfere with his temples or his servants."

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Minivotes: No to telling him about Billy, YES to asking inflammatory questions.

:colbert:

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
"Why does the club seem heavier now than it did before?"

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Yes to Billy, no to inflammatory questions. He's even already answered most of the questions asked.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Yes to telling Ish about Billy
No to inflammatory.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Also Ishamal, is Azzazel one of those I would answer to?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

+1 for Billy

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Before I make this decision, do you know of a way to send me to the dream world, without concussing myself? I think it would be wise to at least try to confer with 'uncle jorah' and the others if I can.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

Also Ishamal, is Azzazel one of those I would answer to?

"No. And you would not answer to them, so much as they will correct you if you meddle too much in things you should not."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Rahul posted:

Before I make this decision, do you know of a way to send me to the dream world, without concussing myself? I think it would be wise to at least try to confer with 'uncle jorah' and the others if I can.
"Your "Uncle" will tell you to sit idle for fear of what you will do, unwilling to do anything himself. If you must speak with Azzazel... we will take a trip to the wilderness, but I do not think his counsel will be useful."

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

When we picked the sandals and flute from the Temple, was this a test? Did it tell something of our character?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Basscop posted:

"Why does the club seem heavier now than it did before?"
"You have weightier matters to consider now, than a weighty club."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

When we picked the sandals and flute from the Temple, was this a test? Did it tell something of our character?
"It was not a test. You stumbled upon a place not meant to be found."

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

E ...:ohdear:

Yes to Billy, no to inflammatory questions

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Diogines posted:

"Your "Uncle" will tell you to sit idle for fear of what you will do, unwilling to do anything himself. If you must speak with Azzazel... we will take a trip to the wilderness, but I do not think his counsel will be useful."

Sounds good to me.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Ishamal posted:

"I love you boy, I have tried to protect you, but I must protect others from you as well."

"The world is beautiful, yet fragile. Like this flower. And like it, even a small, misplaced gesture might do grievous wound to it, let alone a malevolent one." Ishamal gestures slightly with a hand. A single petal on the flower turns to stone and the flower tips over from the weight. As the flower falls upon the bench, thousands of crack spread through the bench, which crumbles.

"The world would probably be best off without you in it. Probably. I cannot be certain. Yet if you only recall one teaching, do not destroy. If you recall two, make it this. Mercy is never misplaced. It may keep you awake at night and cause you grief for many long years but it is never the wrong choice. Others may disagree, but they are wrong..."

Diogines posted:

As you enter one of the larger tents, about thirty feet across, you see several dozen goblins. They shriek all the louder as you arrive. Since they broke, all of the goblins have fled. Instead of running, many of the goblins in this tent turn to fight you. A dozen or so flee out of the structure in the other direction carrying something.

The goblins fight with special ferocity though they are swiftly dispatched.

As the last of the shrieking goblins in the tent is slain, you take a look around the large tent. Inside of the tent is a pit and within it is a great deal of goblin offal, bones, meat and five infant goblins. You have found the goblin nursery. The stench in here may be the worst of any part of this journey so far, one of your men leans over and vomits and is then joined by another of your men who does the same, several flee outside from the terrible stink in this hellish place. Your men approach the pit to strike the goblin infants down and...

Tudiya posted:

"They are a pestilence and justly exterminated like the vermin they are."

Diogines posted:

Without a second thought (beyond being done swiftly and this leave the tent sooner) you and your men dispatched the infant goblins with your spears. They shrieked and died like all the rest.

Ishamal posted:

"I will not, I will NOT slay infants or let it be done and you can't pick and choose which infants to keep boy."

Dammit!

In all seriousness, voting for E.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Yes to Billy.

Yes to inflammatory questions.

No to going into the wilderness.

Also, voting E.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Vavrek posted:

Sounds good to me.
+1

quote:

And you would not answer to them, so much as they will correct you if you meddle too much in things you should not.
Who are 'they'? Are you prohibited from naming them?

E: Who != 'why'

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Changing my vote to F., since I can barely trust our collective voting, how the hell can we expect our progeny to not do stupid poo poo and gently caress up the world?

code:
21:41	HiHoChiRho	nah it is better off if we leave the mortal world to mortals
21:41	Vavrek	I want to get powerful enough to not have to worry about what Ishamal tells us.
21:41	HiHoChiRho	we can die, yes but all we need is one loving goon child
21:41	HiHoChiRho	to ruin it for the rest of the world
21:41	HiHoChiRho	maybe in 150 years our great grandkid invents fedoras, MRA and lovely pickup lines
21:42	FoxTerrier	nice
21:42	NettleSoup	Is the after-marriage-vote gonna be "do you pull out"?
21:42	HiHoChiRho	and loving El smites the world over this poo poo

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Diogines posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

falcon2424 posted:

Pretty sure it's those invisible "Angels of Death/Mercy" we've been seeing about.

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Emphatically seconded!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Voting E to learn the ways of the Force.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A Terrible Person posted:

Dammit!

In all seriousness, voting for E.

This actually worries me now. We will simply have to atone for it I guess.

Asking Ishamal whether creating, say new cities, will upset this balance. Or if I may travel the world simply seeing what there is to see, doing the things I have wanted to do for some time. If maybe, if only to keep an eye on me, he will come with me if I travel. Or send someone else to do so, and insure I do not do damage the world. I have always wanted to see what the Kadmonim are like, for instance.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

falcon2424 posted:

+1

E: Who != 'why'
"They are powerful. They fear what you will do, on purpose or not and they will likely seek to slay your offspring, but I cannot be certain."

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
C - Exile Time to get this awesome train rolling out to the other world cultures.

Also, voting yes to telling Ish about Azz's messenger.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 11, 2014

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

This actually worries me now. We will simply have to atone for it I guess.
Asking Ishamal whether creating, say new cities, will upset this balance. Or if I may travel the world simply seeing what there is to see, doing the things I have wanted to do for some time. If maybe, if only to keep an eye on me, he will come with me if I travel. Or send someone else to do so, and insure I do not do damage the world. I have always wanted to see what the Kadmonim are like, for instance.
"If you wish to leave to build a new city, do so, the world is large. If you wish to travel and see what lay beyond the setting sun, do so. Do not meddle with the kings of the cities of Baitel or the servants of El."

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Raserys posted:

Actually, thinking things over, do you think if we slept for a couple thousand years, we could wake up and fight Not-Romans and Not-Persians?

Not an Ishamal question.

I think we'd be woken up for the Final Battle between the Grigori and the Demon Lords. :black101:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Ishamal, Azzazel once offered to bring me to a place, and you warned that such a thing might have me away from the world for a long time. Would the exile you put me in be similar to the place he wished to bring me?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

QUESTION REGARDING F

"If I am made infertile, is it something which can be reversed? Could I learn how, so that once I have proven myself, once I have learned my place in the world, I could consider this decision again?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Vavrek posted:

QUESTION REGARDING F

"If I am made infertile, is it something which can be reversed? Could I learn how, so that once I have proven myself, once I have learned my place in the world, I could consider this decision again?"

"It cannot be reversed, nor can it be delayed. You are to be wed on the morrow if you remain and even if not, in a few short years it would no longer be possible. Your flesh would not be harmed and you could still... perform, but children would not follow from the act."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

Ishamal, Azzazel once offered to bring me to a place, and you warned that such a thing might have me away from the world for a long time. Would the exile you put me in be similar to the place he wished to bring me?
"A different place."

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Woooooooow. Was not expecting this! How exciting. Nthing those saying "Thanks Diog".

Going to think about my main vote for now...though anything but E seems suicidal or limiting our potential.

No to inflammatory questions or mentioning Asahel/Billy. Asahel is the favor we owe to Azzazel. We owe him for Snarls. Do not tell Ish about him, keep our bro's confidence.

Also, guys - I really, really, really think we should adopt. I don't like the idea of sterilization, but it may be a good idea to avoid natural born children until we can better handle our power. If Ish thinks many would seek to end our children, or be upset we had any - we can't do that at the moment.

Questions:

Did you know you would find me in Athar that day Ishamal, or was that coincidence?

Did you ever have anyone who guided you, as I do with you? Someone who mentored you?

If you were presented with the same choices you give me, what would you choose, given everything you know of this world and how long you have lived in it?

You mentioned I could even be stronger than Tudiya one day - might I even surpass you?

I have always wanted to travel, see the world at some point - would I still be allowed to do so, as long as I do not meddle as you describe? Already asked while I was typing.

Does mother (Jalitha) know what I truly am, as you do?

Comedy question: If I consider taking measures so I never can have children, you'll at least let me keep my Balls, right? I've grown quite attached to them.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 11, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
E: Learn. We can do great things with the power at our disposal. Start our own great bloodline and drive the demons back. In time I think we should forge our own city, one that will rival Baital in its glory. But we need to know how to handle our abilities first.

I have a couple of theories as to what we could be. I think one of the old theories, that Asherah is somehow directly Ogkindel's father, is still possible. But right now I'm thinking maybe we might be an immaculate conception and the second coming of Labaras himself.

Ask Ishamal: "Is there any way to keep from having children for a set period of time, without becoming permanently sterile? Don't say 'abstinence', I'm getting married tomorrow and I've had enough of that." I'd like to start a family, but get a better handle on our skills before having trueborn kids.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Were you asked to get us from Athar, or at least know what I am when you found me?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
This is bullshit. He's been jerking us around like a child for too long now. And now he drags us out into the middle of the night and tells us to chop off our balls because he's afraid of what we and our children might do. At best we get some little tidbits of information and a promise not to interfere. This is complete horseshit. You know what, gently caress you man. gently caress you for not acknowledging us as a man or even a person without so much as a 'congratulations, you beat a demon to death with only a good heart your bare hands, thanks Enkidel'. We proved ourself, but if Ish and "Uncle Jorah" keep being evasive and aloof about the truth then who knows what the next Bareen will tell us and maybe this time well believe it this time. We are an adult, we are responsible for our own choices and those of our children.

Here's my vote.
L Give Ish a manly slap and demand answers.

"Thats a load of poo poo. We earned the right to know the truth. We are a man now, about to take a wife. I am responsible for the consequences of my actions, not you. You want us to decide, fine, but you will tell us the truth, the whole truth. You come to me, threaten my manhood, my future children, even my life?! You saw what happened when we were filled with righteous fury at a demon. Enough beating around the bush. We weren't going to be a pawn for Asherah, why the hell would we be yours for some paltry tidbits of information and a bunch of impotent spells. Stop treating us like the little savage child that couldn't even speak his own name."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Task Manager posted:

Did you know you would find me in Athar that day Ishamal, or was that coincidence?
"I did not know you were ther."

Task Manager posted:

Did you ever have anyone who guided you, as I do with you? Someone who mentored you?
"My past is not something I wish to speak of."

Task Manager posted:

If you were presented with the same choices you give me, what would you choose, given everything you know of this world and how long you have lived in it?
"I honestly do not know."

Task Manager posted:

You mentioned I could even be stronger than Tudiya one day - might I even surpass you?
"We shall see."

Task Manager posted:

I have always wanted to travel, see the world at some point - would I still be allowed to do so, as long as I do not meddle as you describe?[/quoe]
"If you wish to, certainly."

[quote="Task Manager" post="425567349"]Does mother (Jalitha) know what I truly am, as you do?
"She loves you. Does it matter?"

Task Manager posted:

Comedy question: If I consider taking measures so I never can have children, you'll at least let me keep my Balls, right? I've grown quite attached to them.
"You will still be able to perform, your flesh won't be harmed, but offspring won't follow."

JT Jag posted:

Ask Ishamal: "Is there any way to keep from having children for a set period of time, without becoming permanently sterile? Don't say 'abstinence', I'm getting married tomorrow and I've had enough of that." I'd like to start a family, but get a better handle on our skills before having trueborn kids.
"No. As you age, it won't be possible to make you unable to have children, so it must be done now. Steps can be taken to allow your bride to bare children she thinks ours, ones which even resemble you if you thought it wise."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
"Who are we, that such power was given to us? You place yourself to watch over us, to guide us, to teach us. You will not name our father. Yet should he not be the one now, here in your place, to do as you do?"