Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Grey posted:

Does anyone remember when they started recording in HD. I'm such a HD snob, I may have trouble watching anything before that.

It's been a little over five years now I think.

e: Don't leave windows open and read them later without refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Carlton Banks posted:

I guess New Jack matches will just have no sound

They have this production track that sounds nothing like Natural Born Killaz overdubed and it makes New Jack/Gangsta matches unwatchable.

tbf they were unwatchable before but still.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ZDar Fan posted:

I'm curious whether or not they're going to censor "HULK HOGAN, WE COMIN' FOR YOU [sucka]!"

It'll be changed to "HULK HOGAN, WE COMIN' FOR YOU Mr. Black!"

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm wondering how royalties work with the past talent. You arguably have scripted drama segments in rotated reruns.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dead Snoopy posted:

I'm wondering how royalties work with the past talent. You arguably have scripted drama segments in rotated reruns.

I imagine that's covered in the Legends contracts. But from the sounds of it, the guys that aren't under legends contracts are gonna get hosed.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The Network FAQ now lists the WWE Network live programming beginning at 9:00 AM EST on February 24th.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Batista posted:

The Network FAQ now lists the WWE Network live programming beginning at 9:00 AM EST on February 24th.

It's weird that they are opening sign up at the same time. You'd think they want to space that out instead of creating a big rush on the servers.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Why not just put everything from the vault out? I want to see some Warlord vs. Ham & Egger squash matches from the old Superstars days.

I'd also like to see some of their AWA stuff, but no mention of that.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They want to market the Network as constantly adding new content.
I'm not sure how they handle the vault matters, since the pay per views are by far the most wanted content and they know Classics On Demand didn't have a ton of interest.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know if they've gotten this deep into how the system will work, but have they stated if you can adjust the quality of the video down to something that uses less data.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Spikeguy posted:

I don't know if they've gotten this deep into how the system will work, but have they stated if you can adjust the quality of the video down to something that uses less data.

Nothing about that yet, knowing WWE and how they never get into gritty details it'll likely be known on launch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Grey posted:

Why not just put everything from the vault out? I want to see some Warlord vs. Ham & Egger squash matches from the old Superstars days.

Because it takes time to digitize stuff and no one wants to watch 15 year old episodes of Shotgun Saturday Night.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Grey posted:

Like already said, a combo of it legit taking time to get that stuff digital and also wanting to be able to promote the network as constantly growing rather than stagnant.

Also the market for AWA poo poo is like, us, so I imagine it's priority Z.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Spikeguy posted:

Probably based on your connection speed, I'd guess. Maybe you'd be able to get some sort of bandwidth limiting program or program your router to do it?

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I don't know if anyone knows if it has been said or not yet, but will we be able to watch on 2 devices at once like you can on netflix, Let's say for example I want to watch the Live network view on my TV in my bedroom and my roommate wants to watch a classic PPV on the living room TV, Have they announced if that will be allowed or not?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endless Mike posted:

Because it takes time to digitize stuff and no one wants to watch 15 year old episodes of Shotgun Saturday Night.

that some weird obsessive has already done and bootlegged.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Brokenogre posted:

I don't know if anyone knows if it has been said or not yet, but will we be able to watch on 2 devices at once like you can on netflix, Let's say for example I want to watch the Live network view on my TV in my bedroom and my roommate wants to watch a classic PPV on the living room TV, Have they announced if that will be allowed or not?

We don't know yet, but MLB TV allows this so...maybe? It'd be crazy if it didn't, really.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

They have about 30 times what they are putting on the network already digitized.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

TheJoker138 posted:

We don't know yet, but MLB TV allows this so...maybe? It'd be crazy if it didn't, really.

if MLB.TV allows it I am going to guess there is a decent chance that it could be allowed, this would be a good thing, I don't see a real reason not to allow it since there will be families buying subscriptions but still figured I would ask if there was news on it either way

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Personally, I want to see the entire run of Prime Time Wrestling. Nothing but Bobby Heenan segments and random midcard matches as far as the eyes can see.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I would love some old Jim Crockett Saturday nights. Nothing but crazy rear end southern wrestling promos

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I for one will be scouring the network for all Taka and Kaientai content available.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ZDar Fan posted:

I'm curious whether or not they're going to censor "HULK HOGAN, WE COMIN' FOR YOU [sucka]!"

I pray they do not because I laugh out loud every time it happens in the opening of Botchamania

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

Personally, I want to see the entire run of Prime Time Wrestling. Nothing but Bobby Heenan segments and random midcard matches as far as the eyes can see.

I really want to see a montage of local house show promos. I don't even know why, I just want to see a loop of slightly different promos for the same match in different cities. That guy who was saying how WWE couldn't possibly have 100,000 hours of footage got me thinking about all the weird stuff they have in there, and for some reason, those old promos stick out in my mind.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope I can watch the barker channel for every PPV.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I grew up watching Superstars every Saturday afternoon at 12 on Fox 5 in New York. I'd kill for them to throw some episodes of Superstars circa 1991-92 on there.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Monkeycheese posted:

I for one will be scouring the network for all Taka and Kaientai content available.

Since they'll undoubtedly be watching what people search for and watch, it would be pretty sweet if we could mount a Kaientai initiative for subscribers.

"What the gently caress? There was a spike in Funaki matches this week."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Did they let Kaientai "talk" on any PPVs when they were doing the bad dubbing gimmick?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I really want to see a montage of local house show promos. I don't even know why, I just want to see a loop of slightly different promos for the same match in different cities. That guy who was saying how WWE couldn't possibly have 100,000 hours of footage got me thinking about all the weird stuff they have in there, and for some reason, those old promos stick out in my mind.

agreed, i wanna see why greg valentine should fear rolling into Moline, IL with ricky steamboat waiting for him

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Gavok posted:

Yep. SuperStars, Wrestling Challenge, PTW and SNME is where it's at for my nostalgia. Totally worth the $10/month to have Heenan on a loop as background noise in my office. I also wouldn't mind seeing a little Mania and Action Zone tossed into the mix. I remember seeing a pretty decent Bret/Owen match on one of the first episodes of Action Zone.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Monkeycheese posted:

I actually just watched one last night: Over the Edge 98, Taka/Bradshaw vs Funaki/Togo. A match that most people don't even remember, let alone have actually watched.

It features the single greatest hot tag in wrestling history, that involves Bradshaw killing two men on live PPV.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

They have about 30 times what they are putting on the network already digitized.
The second half holds true. :colbert: And even ignoring that, there's no guarantee that how they digitized it works with their servers. It might need to be converted (which takes much less time, granted).

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

The second half holds true. :colbert: And even ignoring that, there's no guarantee that how they digitized it works with their servers. It might need to be converted (which takes much less time, granted).

The quality of the tapes in the collection is also really suspect. I know that an amount of WCW stock was on tapes in horrid/untransferable condition. With prep work and conversion you are soon talking about a 2:1 time ratio if they have to do repairs/encoding. Unless they have some sort of automation or a tape robot, I don't think they'll have the whole archive digitized for a long long time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Did some house cleaning in the OP with some updated images.

Also, I know we can't take JR's word all that much but in his latest blog he mentions about the Hall of Fame that "Luckily I can watch it on the WWE Network as I understand it." Which tells me he's talked to someone that knows something. I would love for it to be on the network, live and uncut.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Batista posted:

Did some house cleaning in the OP with some updated images.

Also, I know we can't take JR's word all that much but in his latest blog he mentions about the Hall of Fame that "Luckily I can watch it on the WWE Network as I understand it." Which tells me he's talked to someone that knows something. I would love for it to be on the network, live and uncut.

No HoF with crazy Warrior times, no buys.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

EDIT: Holy poo poo, I should refresh the page before asking things.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I thought the HOF was announced early on for the network.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Optimist with doubt posted:

I thought the HOF was announced early on for the network.

Speculation, never confirmed.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Now, Benoit matches and Over the Edge is one thing, but will I be able to watch the Chris Benoit tribute RAW on the network?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sockser posted:

Now, Benoit matches and Over the Edge is one thing, but will I be able to watch the Chris Benoit tribute RAW on the network?

Probably never, they are not advertising a complete RAW archive.