Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
2. Do you go try to find Azzazel before answering?

F. Yes and I bring a goat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Hi I'm gonna post some survey stuff

Something a little less complex, also not at all relevant to the current vote. Keep in mind this data is as of when we left with our balls. Seems like a bit longer than just a week or whatever ago.

Ok now I'm gonna complicate it by comparing it to the team data...

This one's much harder to look at. Better to focus on one color at a time. You might've noticed the lack of single votes and the shortening of long votes. This is 'cause I turned on logarithmic scaling. Makes it a lil easier to read.
Club dudes are down with El, Azazzel, and magic, generally.
Two of the three sword bros are on "No Team." I happen to be one of these two people.
Bow, the red line, is so popular I'm not sure if anything can be extrapolated from this.
Medium Spear goes rather traditionally with teams not in direct conflict with El, or more precisely what Tudiya wouldn't consider evil. That being all but Magic and Asherah.

The single Javelin vote was from Team Asherah
The single Long Spear vote was from Team El
The single Ax vote was by someone who put their name as "gently caress off with the background". They were also on Team Asherah.

DCBomB fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 12, 2014

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
2 Fuck yes

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Zybourne Clock posted:

1A. No sterilization, for now.
2F. Not necessarily so we can talk about our balls, but to invite him over for Enkidel's oncoming marriage.

gently caress yeah. I feel terrible that I forgot to prepare an invite for him already.

Also, woohoo, surveys.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Sogol posted:

El's in jail. Ishamal believes he serves him by keeping it that way for some reason. El might be Mad, jailing him a Mercy and the only way to protect the world? Whatever it is Ishamal does not entirely like it.

Where are you getting the idea that El is in space heaven-jail?

F. Bring a goat, some local booze and some orange rinds. Make that goat really happy.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Joke Question to Ish: Do you miss the days when you only had to worry about Tudiya being mad at me shacking up with Naomi?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
F Yes, lets see what we can do. Is it possible to go without Ishmael? Him being there may clam him up.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You tell Ishamal, the ancient (immortal?) hero who has been the adviser of at least four generations of Zepath's kings and sometimes stands in for Tudiya, who went beneath Bareen's temple alone to face demons and who saved you from Asherah, that you wish Azzazel's counsel. Ishamal sighs and says "As you will, but do not put overly much stock in the words of the mad. He is not evil intentioned but that does not make his counsel wise, or safe."

You fetch your cloak, spear and bow and then fetch an adorable baby goat from your father's pens. It looks up at you, yawns and goes back to sleep, leaning against you.

You wrap it against you with your cloak and leave Zepath with Snarls beside you. The night is dark and as you walk alongside the river you are serenaded by the flowing water and the sounds of insects.

After a few hours you reach the goat head shaped rock at the rivers edge. You see a fourteen foot tall figure with two sets of wings dressed in a fantastical garment made of gold, silver, platinum, precious gems and other materials you do not recognize, surrounded by a flock of goats who seem to be swaying happily at a strange music. Azzazel appears to be pointing at the stars with his pointer fingers and going "Pew pew pew pew pew!"

With each "Pew!" a star twinkles and the effect is beautiful music. He stops as you approach, walks over and gives you a big hug.

"Ah! Creature! So nice to see you again! And how you have grown! Come to see me before your big day? Oh! Is she for me?"

You nod and hand Azzazel the sleeping goat. He gives a big "Dawwwwww!" and strokes the goat's back while speaking baby talk to it. "Who has the cutest hoofie woofies? Oh yes you do! Oh yes you do!" This goes on for the better part of ten minutes. Finally Azzazel looks to you and says "How precious! I will name her Sparkles. You are too generous Creature, truly! You know just how to bribe me! I still wont tell you the answers to the really juicy secrets of your life but I certainly appreciate the gesture! Whats troubling you?"

You tell Azzazel of the events in the cave and your chat with Ishamal.

Azzazel laughs "So YOU were that screaming lunatic... well, that clears that up! Yeah. Not the best move if you want to keep on the down low."

Azzazel raises the slumbering baby goat to his face to nuzzle it for a moment with his nose. It wakes up, licks his cheek, yawns and goes back to sleep.

"So. The answers are yes, no and sort of. Yes. They already knew you were there. Probably. No, they won't let you have kids, though they have endless talk talk talk and will be slow to getting around to actually smiting you. Probably. But you can sort of stop them! You can't run, no place to run to I am afraid and fighting is fun, but ill advised and you'd loose. But you can hide! Just because those fascist goat hating prudes are omniscient does not mean they know EVERYTHING! Wait. It does. Well, it does not mean they KNOW they know. It is pretty tough to keep track of everything when you know everything! Believe me! I know! Ha Ha Ha! Come hide out at my place! We'll drink and laugh and sing songs and have a great old time!"

3. You....
G. Accept. Cast of your life as you know know it and go party with Azzazel.
H. Politely decline.

Ask Azzazel any questions you would like.

4. AFTER Question Time with Azzazel is over, what do you want to do?
I. Go home. Catch an hour or two of sleep. Get married.
J. Go home. Catch an hour or two of sleep. Have Ishamal render your seed sterile without chopping off your balls. Get married.
K. Go home. Pray to El for guidance.
L. Go home. Ask Smattas for guidance.
M. Crack your head on something hard and hope for a chance to ask Uncle Jorah for guidance.
N. Something else. Fill in.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 12, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
A. No sterilization. Pump out the kids. gently caress da police.

F. I've decided and voted A, but would still like to go see Az anyway.

edit: drat seconds late

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Slaan posted:

Where are you getting the idea that El is in space heaven-jail?

F. Bring a goat, some local booze and some orange rinds. Make that goat really happy.

We have been given the options for a world Cracking Power. Presumably our Dad is such a World Cracking power. So what are the options?

Death
Exile=Imprisonment
The Big Sleep

In terms of risk mitigation from more World Cracking Powers castration or sterilization.

This is what they are offering us, in addition to the remote hope that since we are young we can be influenced not to do whatever got Dad locked up.

Of those maybe the only ones they could pull off given a fully mature World Cracking Power might be imprisonment or possibly castration through deceit. Maybe both.

Who would be powerful enough that it would take an entire organization (or family) of Ophanim and Melachim to police? It is either El or some one we have never heard about.

We can feel El, but never see him. Prison.

The question is why do his jailers (otherwise known as his children) allow people to still worship him.

Either they cannot help it or it is advantageous to them.

They may not be able to help it either because of El, or because preventing it would cause conflict amongst the children. There might be a brokered deal.

Or it might be advantageous to them because it focuses power in some way, also preventing one their own from taking all the power and trying to become another El.

We are dangerous because we have not signed on to any agreements and those agreements might be binding. We are dangerous because we are like an infant El or teenage El and they remember what they were like when they were that age. We are dangerous because we potentially unleash a gene stream in the world not subject to any of the agreements.

There are mixed feeling among his children about his imprisonment. Azz is probably "gently caress you. You locked up Dad and don't like goats." Jorah Mask wants to Free Dad, but is playing a looooong game. Bareenites want to imprison Us to use our World Cracking Power to forward their agenda. Ishamal Loves El, but for some reason believes it serves him to keep him locked up. Ishamal does not wish to kill a relative, namely Us.

It is El or someone we have yet to hear of. No one else fits the response.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
3 H
4 J
Still don't care about kids

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
"Do you think it is inevitable that I will be smited, if I stay in this world?"

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

HJ Mollify Ishamal by saying we really just needed a long walk to think it over. It's a pretty big choice.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"What would you do, if you wanted to remain here in my position?"

3. H 4. K + J if possible, otherwise J.

So Azz confirms that they will eventually kill us if we are not sterilized. He also points out a potential weakness of this bureaucratic "talk-talk-talk" council: They know everything, but they apparently have to focus their attention on something to be aware of it. We should keep note of this for the future.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
3: H 4: J Having child shaped nukes for spawn might not be a good idea. We can make sure we're a decent guy but that gets a lot harder with children.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Ask: If I went with you, would I ever grow into my strength enough to win a fight with them? I don't want to fight them; but everyone says that, whoever they are, they're pretty determined to kill innocent babies and I'm not down with that.

Grognan posted:

3: H 4: J Having child shaped nukes for spawn might not be a good idea. We can make sure we're a decent guy but that gets a lot harder with children.

We're goons. I'm not sure we'll turn out okay, much less our kids. But what little we know of "them" is all bad. They're baby killers who are so concerned about keeping their power they don't care who gets hurt to keep. I don't even want kids, but if the choice is between maybe bad/boring kids and obviously evil secret societies...

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
3. H

4. I

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
H I - running isn't an option, but I'm still not down with sterilizing ourselves.

Question - Did you send Asahel? probably good to confirm that once and for all.

When Ishamal says this is permanent - do you think or know of anyway I or anyone else can ever reverse the effects of what he suggests doing?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

LLSix posted:

Ask: If I went with you, would I ever grow into my strength enough to win a fight with them? I don't want to fight them; but everyone says that, whoever they are, they're pretty determined to kill innocent babies and I'm not down with that.

+1

I want there to be a +1 vote icon.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
H
J

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

3. You....
H. Politely decline.

Ask Azzazel any questions you would like.

4. AFTER Question Time with Azzazel is over, what do you want to do?
J Go home. Catch an hour or two of sleep. Have Ishamal render your seed sterile without chopping off your balls. Get married.

We're a hero, not a daddy. We can always adopt. Or we can just help out with kids like Danal, and try to prevent the local Blooded Boys from turning into jerks.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

H + I + Talk to Jalitha and Naomi before the ceremony. But ESPECIALLY Jalitha. She WILL have insight on this.

Do you trust Ishamal?

What are they so worried that I will do?

What are they so worried my children will do?

Do you think they might go so far as to hurt Naomi, were she to bear my child?

Ishamal had a child once, can you tell me of him? I fear whatever story lays there may be coloring his judgement now.

I would like to talk to the being that appears to me in Uncle Jorah's form; can you help me do that?

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 12, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
H
I

I'd like to vote for K but it won't win.

Task Manager posted:

When Ishamal says this is permanent - do you think or know of anyway I or anyone else can ever reverse the effects of what he suggests doing?
If Azzazel answers in the affirmative here, my answer may change.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

edit: woops quote is not edit

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Will you answer any of the questions that Ishamal won't?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

quote:

Ask: If I went with you, would I ever grow into my strength enough to win a fight with them?
"You will never be a match for them." He grins. "Probably."

quote:

Did you send Asahel
"Yeap. Thanks for taking care of him!"

quote:

"Only one way to find out! Snip snip snip!" He makes a scissor clipping motion with his hands and laughs.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
3H.
4J.

Azzazel just painted a very bleak picture of the future that awaits us should we get children and draw the attention of his former colleagues. If the Grigori ever march on us, our only option will be to either die or hide in places where they can't see us. "Paradise Lost: The Subterranean Adventures of Enkidel" doesn't sound like a very appealing thread title to me. I would have really liked for Enkidel to found a city populated exclusively by muscle wizards, but not at the cost of having it destroyed three weeks after laying the first brick.

Ask Azzazel:

"Which one of you won in the dreamscape wrestling match?"

"I'm getting married tomorrow so it's a little late for a bachelor party, but do you wanna attend the ceremony?"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Sogol posted:

We are dangerous because we have not signed on to any agreements and those agreements might be binding. We are dangerous because we are like an infant El or teenage El and they remember what they were like when they were that age. We are dangerous because we potentially unleash a gene stream in the world not subject to any of the agreements.

Ishamal does not wish to kill a relative, namely Us.

It is El or someone we have yet to hear of. No one else fits the response.

Interesting take, but look at it this way:

El or someone sets up Labaras to be a badass dude; and he turns out to be cool and all is well in the world. He's basically on the same level as an Ophanim and could tear the world asunder if he chose too. Labaras, however, has something over the melachim, El's first creation: a free will, only bound by verbal or written oaths that potentially can be broken. Labaras passes his power to his children, and they to their own, Ishamal included.

Then humans start filling the world, and maybe land becomes an issue, or siblings get jealous or whatever. Power s of might start getting abused. Maybe Ishamals son decided he could make a better El, they never see him anyway. Maybe other's join in and start a cataclysmic war that forces the Ophanim to intervene. Maybe Smartass has to smite a city enthralled by a child of Labaras and forced to worship him as a melachim or a god. Maybe El is not locked away involuntarily, but is forced to keep out of the affairs of man while they live on Urban for this reason.

I'm not at my pc but note that most of this is not merely speculation but paraphrases from previous quotes.

E: Really? Are you going to ask the whole drat town before finding some schmuck to say its okay to have your super babies even if they are guaranteed to never make it past birth? Show some Mercy to the world and prevent ourselves or our line to fall from grace with a little snippy snippy.

H J

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 12, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I wonder how this would go if it had been done after the hunt. I suspect medium spear might check out over the club, probably still under the bow.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Oh, we'll see

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

3 - H
4 - Not J

Questions;

So 'they' is a faction of Melachim?
Are they more powerful than you?
What would they do to you if they found out I was hiding at your place?
Are there any Melachim that still hang around like you?
Did Smattas power my demon beatdown?
Does he ever go by the name Smis?
Why did I suffer when I used a holy word in the cave?
Who was the statue of?
Can you take me to the dreamscape to see Uncle Jorah?
What is the dreamscape?
You know, you two didn't actually answer my questions last time I was there, despite our deal...
Were you talking to Ish after the Snarls incident?
What did I turn Snarls into?
How much noise did the Bareen smackdown make?
What caused the Melachim to leave Ur?
Ishamal said you would be the best option to mentor me if something happened to him, what if I wanted you to do it right from the get go?
Do you want to come to the wedding?
Do you want to officiate it?
How would you feel if someone said it would be best for the world if there were no goats?- they'd obviously be wrong but that's pretty much what Ish is asking us to do...
What's the deal with Billy?
Hey, check out this charm, pretty neat ay?
You know, I wasn't really going to jerk you off that time.....
Why don't I poop?

Can we sense if goat rock is 'claimed', if so can we sense if the claimant is different from Zepaths or the caves?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I told you people we should have taken the bow, not the flute.

Sandals are pretty nice, though. No objection to the sandals.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
H. Politely decline.

K. Go home. Pray to El for guidance. Maybe something will come of it.

Not keen on perma-sterilisation though. A shake-up might be exactly what this world needs.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am at work and will vote later.

Diog For Azz:

I am thinking about what the Goat Haters are trying to do to deal with me. I don't want any secrets of the universe just this. Is our Dad in prison Azz?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Question to Azz: So if you snip snip me, will you be able to attach my balls later if I ask?

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 12, 2014

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
I'ts those goddamn Grigori who are the source of all our problems. I suspected as much.

One thing is clear. We are going to become super powerful and an obvious threat to them. If they band together they can easily crush us and any super babbies we try to make.

I'm making the official agenda for team hunger clear now. We need to divide, conquer and EAT the grigori. We've met them before and all they seem to have in common is being complete fuckwits.

Omniscient my rear end. If they know everything then why is it so hard to make a decision? They all need to get devoured.

I say we play it cool now. No snipping the junk. We just stay celibate. Go along with everything and dance around in their palm for a while. We don't want to bite the hand that feeds.

At least not untill we can eat the whole hand and the body with it too.

G. Spend time with him. Who knows what we can learn about these assholes.
N. Go home, get married, stay celibate. Or have Ish conjure up one of those fake babies without sterilizing us.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Question to Azz: So if you snip snip me, will you be able to attach my balls later if I ask?

Current sterilization is kerzap, rather than snip I think, but I have been confused about this.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
H and then K

Tell him first that we heard him at the temple and thank him for the line.

Then, ask him to answer three questions, but answer with one lie and two truths.

Was Eyescream sent by the same people who would kill my child?
Have we met our true father?
Is Indor trustworthy?

This as well
VVVVVV

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 12, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Totally worth the trip. :allears:

HJ Though I hope we don't end up regretting this decision.

Invite Azzazel to the wedding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
H

J
. We can still adopt kids, but lets keep our soon-to-be wife out of the firing line.