Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
By the time twinlits comes back I should have gotten enough Tamadras to make GrOdin bind-immune - would I be better off trying the dungeon with Awoken Zeus/Valk/Verche/Echidna/GrOdin/Zeus Olympios or another Echidna instead of GrOdin? Bear in mind I haven't done that dungeon at all yet. I also have max lv twice-awoken Bastet and lv50ish Love Deity Venus to fit in somewhere if they are better options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

berserker posted:

By the time twinlits comes back I should have gotten enough Tamadras to make GrOdin bind-immune - would I be better off trying the dungeon with Awoken Zeus/Valk/Verche/Echidna/GrOdin/Zeus Olympios or another Echidna instead of GrOdin? Bear in mind I haven't done that dungeon at all yet. I also have max lv twice-awoken Bastet and lv50ish Love Deity Venus to fit in somewhere if they are better options.

Echidna. One bind immune dude doesn't really matter and can actually be a liability when you're trying to stall 30 turns on one monster

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

two_step posted:

I hit 100 stam at about day 145. I did a fair amount of pengdra farming, and did a lot of random dungeons and collected a ton of evo mats (mostly because I am a giant whale).

Once the Hello Kitty dungeon showed up, I decided it was time to get serious about getting to 100 stam and went from like rank 140 to rank 167 in about a week. I spent a few stones on stamina refills, and spent most of my stam on the hardest level of HK.

Edit: On half stam weekend, I think I said in the thread at the time that I was glad it was gone, but I am down to 1.5 mil gold and wouldn't mind a little more grinding to get to 120 stam for stuff like twinlits (though I suppose those will be gone soon anyway)

That's almost exactly the same experience that I have had. Don't worry too hard about grinding t5s, something will come along eventually that will be less annoying, and you don't want to burn yourself out.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

How long did it take you guys to reach 100 stam? I've been playing about a month and just reached rank 100, which felt really cool until I realized in terms of total experience I was barely a fourth of the way there if that.

I went from rank 111 to rank 167 (100 stam) in just under a month of doing nothing but tier 5 dungeons. It's worth it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pete Zah posted:

I went from rank 111 to rank 167 (100 stam) in just under a month of doing nothing but tier 5 dungeons. It's worth it.

The JP dude that was keeping up with days played = rank using a no-IAP account basically just farmed T5 non-stop. He also had a poo poo load of +'s from said farming. I wish I could bring myself to doing that at least until Horus is +297 but every time I see a jewel dragon I dump my stamina hoping for a Tamadra :smithicide:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Yeah I had to hold back on super dragons today, really going to push ranks. I just wish lava tubes wasn't so boring!

Quick question: I want to be able to do Hera this weekend, if possible; I have a GrOdin and a max skilled siren, along with three mermaids that I could use as awakenings; what else can I do to prepare for Hera?

(Or should I attempt to Ra her down?)

edit: The GrOdin has no awakenings, but I have one Tamadra.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 12, 2014

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

berserker posted:

You should drop Valk and run both GrOdin and the second Echidna in my opinion. You really don't need orb changers to beat the dungeon considering you can take forever to store light orbs while stalling on the tamadra. Having one can be helpful to make sure you get your mass attacks on floor 2, but the utility of a bind immune for the first floor beats out having a second. If you have a better use for the Tamadra then I hear it's quite possible to run Twinlits with Zeus/Valk/Verche/Echidna/Echidna, but I can't testify to it myself.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

Grinding out T5 can become pretty boring, but the way I see it, it is much more frustrating grinding out pengdras every week for like 5-10 levels on higher leveled monsters. It seems like most people have a ton of stuff that they want leveled but still spend stones rolling the REM instead of on good monster experience. The game is really fun, but it demands that you invest a ton of money or a chunk of time to keep a reasonable sense of progression going.

I had a mostly positive experience getting to 100 stamina though. You get a lot better at puzzling with the experience, the plus-eggs give you the sense of monster progression, and oh man the stamina bar just filled up! :sparkles:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Pete Zah posted:

I had a mostly positive experience getting to 100 stamina though. You get a lot better at puzzling with the experience, the plus-eggs give you the sense of monster progression, and oh man the stamina bar just filled up! :sparkles:

This has been my experience too; once I got most of my starting bastet team evolved I basically started in on T5 spamming and stopped only for really rare situations, like the gold dragon dungeons we got last week. When I started I still had the occasional loss in tubes just due to a lot of fatfingering and not being able to see good combos, and now I can just breeze through it no problem without needing to stall for orb changers or echidna anymore.

It helps a fair bit, I've found, to have a bit of variety in your helpers. With my Bastet giving me a solid fallback of damage boosting I've stuck basically anything halfway useful into my friend slot when I'm running it: chinese gods, Kirin, U&I, Ra, you name it. I am very noticeably better at using all those monsters now than I was when I started, which is almost certainly a better way to practice with them then a bunch of time in endless corridors.

By the time we're a few days into this event I'll have both the team cost and the Tamadras to stick my D/D Yomi into my setup so that I can finish my stamina farm running with +2 seconds matching time! :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

OBi posted:

He's very good until he becomes merely decent. He's pretty boring throughout.

You could clear the current pirate dungeon with a lucifer team for example. It's slow as poo poo and when you fat finger a combo and die the next round because you're 500hp short it loving sucks though because you just wasted 15-20 minutes for nothing. :argh:

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
http://www.padherder.com/user/raej/monsters/

Looking to see if I have a chance in hell with anything in here against Zeus Dios tomorrow. Or even a workable DA Meta team.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

raej posted:

Looking to see if I have a chance in hell with anything in here against Zeus Dios tomorrow. Or even a workable DA Meta team.

No point in running Zeus Dios - he's basically just a trophymon that isn't worth it.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

cheezit posted:

I'm absolute poo poo on the Twinlit dungeon. More often than not I can stall stage one just fine but I end up getting my rear end kicked on stage 2. I've only managed to complete it once, which is embarrassing.

Can goons help? :( Here are my monsters. I've tried the Zeus/Zeus team and many forms of Egyptian teams...I even fully awoke a drat Abyss Neptune for the poison resist...

If you have poison, why don't you just use it on floor 2?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
Thank you, PuzzleDragonX (re: Zeus-Dios)

quote:

By Jerry@LL on 2/11/2014 ( 6.3.0 )
one of the easier descendeds in my opinion. takes a little bit of luck and patience but i did it with odin+ameratsu friend, subs were hera, neptune, plesios ult evo, and cinnabun angel and took like 9 hours 198 stones

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Had a long day at work, came home to 90 stamina and 15000 away from level up. Ran pirate dragon dungeon on master with a silly Luci, Hera, Hera-is, Zeus, Hades, Luci team. Got the drop. Then cleared legend, level up, clear expert, GOT THE DROP! Then finished intermediate, and got a rain keeper.

The Pad gods were kind today. 1 stone, 1 of the two rain keepeers to awaken my Satan, And I have 3 Pirate Dragons to awaken and never get used!

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
My next goal is Valk, since I have AA Meta, but I'm not sure what, if anything, I have in my box that's capable of doing her dungeon.

http://www.padherder.com/user/KnifeWrench/monsters/

What team should I be leveling to give me the best odds?

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

What do you mean it's not done!?
A new Orb Simulator made by Rugia from Baha
http://rugiabaku.com/

- Active skills support
- Tri-color & no RCV dungeon
- Fullboard tri-color or dual-color

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Unknown_PC posted:

- Active skills support

There was a Gurren Lagann collab?!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok Super Horus/Ra buddy team is funny in that I don't even look at the top part of the screen. It's like, as long as I can match five I'll beat whatever is on top so why bother.

Unknown_PC posted:

- Active skills support

Pretty nifty. I'll use it.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

raej posted:

On the DA Meta team, it depends on what you're looking to do.

Your attacker subs are all red (except Elysion) so work with that. Get some good Red Goblins and get a King Flamie. Red Goblins are cheap, have a quick cooldown once skilled, and decent enough stats, they're handy. Devils have a bit better stats, but lack the utility you need.

Up front I'm thinking you could do:
DMeta / Busty Ares / Dino Rider / Red Goblin / King Flamie / DMeta

With proper levels, that team would do well with T5 and maybe T6 dungeons; you may run into issues with blue levels, I'm unsure. The Red Sonia may be useful if you get a bunch of awakenings, but probably not until then.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AnonSpore posted:

There was a Gurren Lagann collab?!

Man I dread to thing how much money would be spent in JP rolling for Yoko.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man I dread to thing how much money would be spent in JP rolling for Yoko.

Yoko would be a common one. The rare ones would be Simon+Viral, Simon+Kamina, or Anti-Spiral Nia.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
now that anubis has an orb change, I guess I need to evo + level him for my monodark team

if you go with an ares buddy, it actually works out really well after 20 turns. everything gets converted to dark and red, then enhanced, then 50% more damage gets thrown on top.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I have about 7 Marine Goblins to skill up Siren tomorrow when it turns x2 Skill Up. Is it worth filling up all 5 boxes each time I want to try to skill up or can I do one at a time?

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 12, 2014

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It doesn't matter because each roll for success is independent. Usually you do all 5 because it increases your chance of getting at least one skillup which makes you feel better.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This may be kind of a weird question but is it normal to get so many Pengdra Villages like this? I was led to understand they were pretty rare and came out once after a godfest day but we seem to have gotten two already this week. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Eej posted:

It doesn't matter because each roll for success is independent. Usually you do all 5 because it increases your chance of getting at least one skillup which makes you feel better.

Welp. That certainly didn't work. :(

Used all 7 on Siren, got no skill ups. Decided to feed the extra Black Knight and White Knights I had to my Lv 26 White Knight just to clear up some box space...got 3 skill ups.

My luck streak of getting two Rainbow Keepers in a row is over. :v:

Thanks for the response though!

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Woo hoo, luck's going my way tonight. Got the Mystic Mask I needed to evolve Valkyrie on my first go through the Wednesday Dungeon, then got her from skill level 1 to max with all the Drops I had from the Poring Tower. Even got a Super on one of the fusions!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

\o/

Don't worry though, all my other rolls will be garbage.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I just pulled 30 eggs without a single gold. I got 2 tamadra though before that...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

21 Pal Pulls
1 Tamadra!
1 Super Metal King
1 Emerald King
1 Kraken? What
2 Jyaki, who ended up being a lot more common than I thought
The rest was all feeder stuff

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
1 Tamadra in 65 rolls, with the 4 event Tamadra I guess I'll fully awaken AA Metatron.

My other option is GrOdin but I don't have the Zeus team to stick him in for Twinlits, whereas I do have the healer team. My options after that are Heartbreakers and Hermes/Ares, none of which seem too enticing; I have Yomi and her awakenings are great, Anubis too, but I hardly ever use them to justify the Tama dump.

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

80 PAL rolls, from leaving weekend bonuses untouched in the inbox:
8 kings + 3 supers (2 gold), 2 plusses, 2 Tamas!

One of the plusses was stuck on a Unicorn, and I can't bring myself to feed it away.

Both Tamas fed directly to Yomi, though now I'm out of meaningful awakenings so the Valentine's Tamas will have to rot. When did JP get their 4th awakening for the REM gods? Perhaps we'll see that within two months?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
26 rolls, 1 Super Gold King, 1 Emerald King, 2 +s.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

25 pulls

+1 Tamadra !?
Gold King x2
Emerald King
Sapphire King
Ruby King
High Metal
High Emerald (didn't know it was doing highs)
+1 trash x2

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

35 rolls, no tamas, no supers, two +atk, a couple of kings in assorted colors and nothing else of note that wasn't fed, sold, or weak evo material.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
41 pulls

2 Tamadaras (2 in the first 3 pulls)
3 Gold King
1 Flame Golem (the only one I didn't have, actually)
1 Ruby King
1 Sapphire King
2 Emerald king
2 Super Golden Kings (baller!)
2 Green Ripper Dragon
2 random + eggs

Pretty drat good

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 12, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I could still use another 10 or so Tamas, although at that point they're a luxury. Switched main teams after awakening most of my 4/2/2 blue.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Ugh 0/7 on Canopus, 0/2 on Freyja, 1/4 on ADK.

60 PAL rolls
1 super king gold
8 supers (4 gold)

I don't think I've ever pulled a Tamadra out of PAL. Oh well. At least I got the Mystic Mask I needed to evo Beelzebub and drop some fat Super Metals on him for my Satan team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Any thoughts on what I should be using these Tamas on? I'm thinking maybe GrOdin, since he's a pretty beefy body that I can throw in a bunch of different teams?

• Locked thread