Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm unironically annoyed that this won't be available on the Wii U. It's actually really good for Netflix/Hulu. Honest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Probably never, they are not advertising a complete RAW archive.

There's also literally no point. It's some uncomfortable in hindsight interviews, bits from the DVD and some best-of matches. The only original content is content you wouldn't want to re-show. It's not like the Owen or Eddie shows, where you can at least argue they're fitting tributes and have some notable stuff on them. (Inluding I think the only Shawn Michaels/Rey Mysterio match, ever)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sockser posted:

Now, Benoit matches and Over the Edge is one thing, but will I be able to watch the Chris Benoit tribute RAW on the network?

No, never.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I said it before and I'll say it again: Raw is Benoit will never see the light of day again and the "family emergency" PA the ring announcer did for Vengeance 2007 is also getting edited out. WWE will never mention the double-murder suicide on their programming, directly or indirectly, ever again.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

P-Mack posted:

I'm unironically annoyed that this won't be available on the Wii U. It's actually really good for Netflix/Hulu. Honest!

I wish I could quote this a thousand times.

The Wii U is really, really good. And the Wii U Pad lets you watch Netflix/Hulu/Amazon VOD in high-def while someone watches something else on TV.

Then again, they don't support the MLB.tv app, either.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Per the Observer

quote:

It was announced at the tapings tonight in Ontario, CA, and will be announced on Main Event tomorrow that the Hall of Fame will air live in its entirety on the WWE Network.

Awesome news!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Justin Godscock posted:

the "family emergency" PA the ring announcer did for Vengeance 2007 is also getting edited out.

I wasn't really watching wrestling too much in the late 2000s, what was this??

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sockser posted:

During the show they announced that his advertised match wouldn't take place because he wasn't present due to a family emergency which is what he told WWE.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

During the show they announced that his advertised match wouldn't take place because he wasn't present due to a family emergency which is what he told WWE.

To be fair "I have just murdered my family" would probably constitute an emergency.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Sockser posted:

Benoit was flaky with his appearances prior to Vengeance saying to the office that Nancy and Daniel were sick with food poisoning and coughing up blood. After he no-showed Vengeance WWE assumed that was the on-going emergency and had the ring announcer say that Benoit couldn't make it because of a family emergency. The truth came out the following day and it's still awkward to watch today because while WWE didn't know, gently caress, it's just a morbid coincidence.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about the subject, Benoit's last appearance and match with WWE was an episode of WWECW that was broadcast live on Tuesday night (against Elijah Burke, if I recall). Then he started to miss house shows saying what was mentioned above before he flat-out no-showed Vengeance without even a phone call because he was off murdering his family.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 16, 2014

EazyBreezy
Jul 9, 2009

Justin Godscock posted:

Benoit was flaky with his appearances prior to Vengeance saying to the office that Nancy and Daniel were sick with food poisoning and coughing up blood. After he no-showed Vengeance WWE assumed that was the on-going emergency and had the ring announcer say that Benoit could make it because of a family emergency. The truth came out the following day and it's still awkward to watch today because while WWE didn't know, gently caress.

It's weird to hear Chavo talk about it on Talk is Jericho. Chavo was covering Benoit's rear end for no showing while he was in the process of murdering his family. Then he ended up being one of the last guys to find out Benoit was dead. That's gotta be awkward as hell.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
So considering that they are giving a free week I am assuming the first official pay date is March 3rd?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Agreed, but Nintendo hasn't counted since, like, 1996. People called the two least-selling consoles of the last generation "The big two."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Agreed, but Nintendo hasn't counted since, like, 1996. People called the two least-selling consoles of the last generation "The big two."

They were called the big two because despite selling less consoles they sold much, much more software, which is where the real money is made. And the Wii U isn't even outselling them on a hardware level this time, and even if they were it wouldn't matter as much because it's the first time Nintendo has ever taken a loss on units sold for hardware. Nintendo treated a fad like it was going to be the next big thing, alienated all of their third party developers, and pretty much killed themselves as far as consoles go. Sad but true. So it's no surprise that places like WWE aren't going out of their way to develop apps for a machine no one really has.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

All of those things are true, yes.

But I still want WWE Network on my Wii. Either of them, really.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

EazyBreezy posted:

It's weird to hear Chavo talk about it on Talk is Jericho. Chavo was covering Benoit's rear end for no showing while he was in the process of murdering his family. Then he ended up being one of the last guys to find out Benoit was dead. That's gotta be awkward as hell.

Chavo only found out that Benoit was dead during that conversation on Talk is Jericho.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The Network app is now listed on the PS4 Store, but you can't download it until the 24th.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Batista posted:

The Network app is now listed on the PS4 Store, but you can't download it until the 24th.

Hooray :dance:

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
I hope this answers some questions for some of you:

"Regarding multiple users using WWE Network accounts at the same time, a WWE representative told one reader that they will allow 2 viewers at a time, per account. Netflix began offering multiple profiles per account last year."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Serf Surviving posted:

I hope this answers some questions for some of you:

"Regarding multiple users using WWE Network accounts at the same time, a WWE representative told one reader that they will allow 2 viewers at a time, per account. Netflix began offering multiple profiles per account last year."

I saw that being passed around but I didn't want to post it until the Network launches and it's confirmed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Batista posted:

I saw that being passed around but I didn't want to post it until the Network launches and it's confirmed.

Meltzer is the source I believe so it's pretty much confirmed now. Apparently based on WWE's viewers per household figures during Raw, which is 1.4.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Sounds like WWE might be editing out some portions they don't want aired. From pwtorch:

quote:

WWE has begun the process of editing out chair shots to the head on archived match footage.

The footage is available on WWE's YouTube page, which could also point to edits being made on WWE Network content.

One match in particular is John Cena & Randy Orton vs. The Raw Roster from March 2008 leading into WrestleMania 24.

During the match, Cena swung a chair toward the head of four consecutive wrestlers. A fifth chair shot was delivered by JBL to Umaga after Orton ducked.

The edited footage shows the chair shot mid-swing, a "glitch"-like pause before contact is made, and the aftermath of the chair shot.

http://youtu.be/ndgVcE7w0uo

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

The Grey posted:

Sounds like WWE might be editing out some portions they don't want aired. From pwtorch:

There's a difference between the YouTube channel and the network. See: http://www.wwe.com/inside/10-matches-you-cant-see-on-wwecom-that-you-can-watch-on-wwe-network

quote:

When WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, launches live in the U.S. on Monday, Feb. 24, WWE fans will be able to watch all 12 of WWE’s 2014 live pay-per-view events, in addition to awesome new shows and an astounding library of over 1,500 hours of video on demand.

Among those countless hours of classic content and pay-per-views are matches that have been deemed too gruesome, too brutal, too intense to show on WWE.com. But with WWE Network, the “hardcore” members of the WWE Universe can unearth these crimson-coated classics.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They don't put warnings before YouTube content. This also contradicts what was in the Figure Four Weekly a few days ago, which has inside information:

Figure Four Weekly posted:

From talking to someone close to the Network, as it regards choking and other stuff that one would consider questionable in WWE PG 2014, basically anything that aired in the initial airings of things like PPVs will be what is shown on the Network. All of the PPV footage is coming from the master tapes, so things like Hogan being booed at the Royal Rumble when he pulled Sid out will be left intact. The only time WWE Home Video footage will be used is when there is a spot in the master tape that was damaged. For example, there is a Fabulous Freebirds entrance that was messed up in the master tape on a late 1980s WCW PPV, so they went back and pulled that entrance off of the home video release to patch it over. The only content edits will be stuff involving licensed music that they don't have the rights to. In regards to choking, it will be similar to the Benoit deal. Based on the severity of the choking, the show will be rated TV-14 or TV-MA and given the disclaimer that states that the footage is meant for adult audiences, these are characters and not real people, etc. So instances from the past where someone was being choked by a mic cable, or the WrestleMania moment where Undertaker "hung" the Big Bossman, will likely air as it originally did on the Network, but with a disclaimer and perhaps a TV-MA rating.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
How are they going to edit out licensed music? Skip the part? Mute audio?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gypsyshred posted:

How are they going to edit out licensed music? Skip the part? Mute audio?

probably overdub. Or they had their lawyers find some loophole in new media(unlikely).

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I hope they don't loose anything too important. Wasn't Obsession heavily played on SME? And given how they dubbed No Chance onto the recent Retro Raw, I'd assume they don't have a claim for it.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

gypsyshred posted:

I hope they don't loose anything too important. Wasn't Obsession heavily played on SME? And given how they dubbed No Chance onto the recent Retro Raw, I'd assume they don't have a claim for it.

Not really. It's played as a theme song, but that's it.

One of my big annoyances about the big WM set they released in 05 is that they edited over the Jimmy Hart themes. Hope there aren't any surprises like that again. I'm fine with them overdubbing Walk or Man in the Box, but you don't overdub Demolition's theme :colbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nut Bunnies posted:

Not really. It's played as a theme song, but that's it.

One of my big annoyances about the big WM set they released in 05 is that they edited over the Jimmy Hart themes. Hope there aren't any surprises like that again. I'm fine with them overdubbing Walk or Man in the Box, but you don't overdub Demolition's theme :colbert:

it was in the video game so id assume they have the rights agani

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

e: Tabs are confusing.

I hope Confidential goes on the Network.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Batista posted:

They don't put warnings before YouTube content. This also contradicts what was in the Figure Four Weekly a few days ago, which has inside information:

Well, crap. Now I'll just have to be known as "McGee."

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

TL posted:

I grew up watching Superstars every Saturday afternoon at 12 on Fox 5 in New York. I'd kill for them to throw some episodes of Superstars circa 1991-92 on there.

Holy poo poo, me too. My cousin and I every Saturday and Sunday would watch. I still remember Hogan bailing out the Warrior against Bravo and Earthquake right before WMVI and Warrior nearly attacking Hogan.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
They should probably just put up angles that happened on Superstars since they're mostly just squashes. You can find episodes on YouTube still and they're hideously boring even with nostalgia.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Nut Bunnies posted:

They've got a deal in place with Jimmy Hart and the other rights owners to use his penned music and have done since he signed his legends deal. Hart apparently makes more off of that deal than he does for his legends contract.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chokes McGee posted:

Well, crap. Now I'll just have to be known as "McGee."

"McGee" doesn't sound threatening enough so actually your name will just be a blue dot and whenever people talk about you it will be pronounced as silence where a name would be, like when they first started adding name recognition to games.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You guys. Next week. Next week I get to give Triple H a pizza's worth of my money and watch old WCW shows and see Hillbilly Jim LARP. This is an exciting thing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

You guys. Next week. Next week I get to give Triple H a pizza's worth of my money and watch old WCW shows and see Hillbilly Jim LARP. This is an exciting thing.
You spend $60 on pizzas? drat.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

drat... pro purposeful misinterpretation of his statement. valuable

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

projecthalaxy posted:

Two weeks. Get the free 7 days, goof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What exactly stops :filez: people from getting the free trial, ripping everything, then not subscribing? Is there some kind of block that places like Netflix and Hulu Plus use for that stuff, or do they just think it's not enough of a problem to care?