Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Xaris posted:

So I haven't touched this game in probably 5+ months now. I got burned out shortly before ~scarfs~ update. I was also getting rather tired of spam 4-4-4-4 gameplay and armor-piercing supremacy. Has the varied damage/armor system made a drastic difference in how the game plays or is it pretty much same ol same ol'?

Did they ever fix Corpus Mobile Defense, joining Void maps without needing to friend everyone, stuff like like ping/FPS(?) affecting fire rate and other assorted jankiness?

Damage 2.0 just means that instead of there being one best setup, there's now one best setup per faction.

All that stuff is mostly fixed (though there has been a bunch of connection bugs in the last couple days).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Xaris posted:

So I haven't touched this game in probably 5+ months now. I got burned out shortly before ~scarfs~ update. I was also getting rather tired of spam 4-4-4-4 gameplay and armor-piercing supremacy. Has the varied damage/armor system made a drastic difference in how the game plays or is it pretty much same ol same ol'?

Did they ever fix Corpus Mobile Defense, joining Void maps without needing to friend everyone, stuff like like ping/FPS(?) affecting fire rate and other assorted jankiness?

Armor piercing is gone, as is the supremacy of +alldamage mods. They've introduced a system called Damage 2.0, which includes splitting physical damage into three different types (Impact/Puncture/Slash) and allowing elemental mods to combine. Optimal damage types and mod sets will vary based on both who you're fighting, and at what levels.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Pretty much all mission types are pretty unfucked atm. Raid missions are gone, survival missions no longer have coop doors, etc. The new Interception mission type isn't bad now that it's had a few hotfixes. Voids still require inviting friends. Void/Derelict loot tables have been completely reworked.

As for other poo poo they've done since you played:

* Automated fusing of duplicates and cores. :fap:
* Trading - you can drop a kiosk in a clan hall that allows you to trade mods, keys, and plat with other players.
* You can now deploy extractor drones to planets to gather materials while you're not playing. Low-to-mid-grade resources (rubedo, polymer bundles, alloy plates, etc.) no longer require tons of farming.
* Lotus actually shuts the gently caress up now, from time to time. :D
* They made the effects of +status, +crit, and +rateoffire mods more consistent for continuous-trigger weapons.
* Melee autotargeting.
* Knockdown/stagger happens on big hits now instead of accumulated damage; you don't get juggled anymore by swarms of Infested.
* They revised the UI considerably, both in the solarsystem view and in the ingame HUD. Game looks pretty good now.
* A lot of really amusing new weapons, in particular the Penta, which is a remotely-detonated grenade launcher.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ullerrm posted:

Armor piercing is gone, as is the supremacy of +alldamage mods. They've introduced a system called Damage 2.0, which includes splitting physical damage into three different types (Impact/Puncture/Slash) and allowing elemental mods to combine. Optimal damage types and mod sets will vary based on both who you're fighting, and at what levels.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Pretty much all mission types are pretty unfucked atm. Raid missions are gone, survival missions no longer have coop doors, etc. The new Interception mission type isn't bad now that it's had a few hotfixes. Voids still require inviting friends. Void/Derelict loot tables have been completely reworked.

As for other poo poo they've done since you played:

* Automated fusing of duplicates and cores. :fap:
* Trading - you can drop a kiosk in a clan hall that allows you to trade mods, keys, and plat with other players.
* You can now deploy extractor drones to planets to gather materials while you're not playing. Low-to-mid-grade resources (rubedo, polymer bundles, alloy plates, etc.) no longer require tons of farming.
* Lotus actually shuts the gently caress up now, from time to time. :D
* They made the effects of +status, +crit, and +rateoffire mods more consistent for continuous-trigger weapons.
* Melee autotargeting.
* Knockdown/stagger happens on big hits now instead of accumulated damage; you don't get juggled anymore by swarms of Infested.
* They revised the UI considerably, both in the solarsystem view and in the ingame HUD. Game looks pretty good now.
* A lot of really amusing new weapons, in particular the Penta, which is a remotely-detonated grenade launcher.

Hey thanks for that. I appreciate the effort. That's awesome about fusing duplicates and stuff, that was miserable. Also neat that they put in trading. There was the one loving multi-shot mod for Rifles that I could never find, is that still rare as hell?

Also sweet, gently caress farming ferrite on M-Prime ad nauseu.

So what happened to everyone who invested in Serration and stuff if +Damage mods are gone? Do you still slowly step forward everytime you use a melee attack forcing you to hold crouch if you want to stand still?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

+Damage mods are still king, as they boost the damage of the elemental mods. I have no idea what ullerrm is tripping on :psyduck:

Sostratos
Jun 28, 2004
I somehow managed to level my Valkyr and Drakgoon from rank 5 to 30 in one mission today. I wasn't using either of them in the map.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

If you log in for the next few days, you get the Valentine's Day color palette for free.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tagichatn posted:

If you log in for the next few days, you get the Valentine's Day color palette for free.

Sexual chocolate Oberon with happy trails of love and have a heart punch. Glorious. The bow buff was a welcome change too.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Azzanadra posted:

+Damage mods are still king, as they boost the damage of the elemental mods. I have no idea what ullerrm is tripping on :psyduck:

I'd really say that only Serration is good. "Hmm, for 9 drain, I can get a rank-5 +I/P/S mod (+30% damage), or I can get a rank-5 Serration (+90% damage). The choice is pretty obvious."

And holy gently caress, do you remember what it was like before Update 11? I mean, "throw a Serration and four elemental mods on everything, and you'll have to change the order of the elemental mods depending on who you fight" isn't great balancing, yes, but it's a hell of a lot better than "throw Serration + Piercing Hit + Thunderclap on everything and never change a thing."

Xaris posted:

There was the one loving multi-shot mod for Rifles that I could never find, is that still rare as hell?
So what happened to everyone who invested in Serration and stuff if +Damage mods are gone?
Do you still slowly step forward everytime you use a melee attack forcing you to hold crouch if you want to stand still?

It's still rare as hell. But at least now you can get a spare one from a friendly Goon, or buy one for a few plat from a random pub.

Serration is still universal +damage, and it's the only mod left that is that way, and DE are perpetually hinting that they may remove/change it. It's pretty much the only mandatory mod for rifles. As for the other non-Serration mods, they were changed into new ones that individually affect a single type (I/P/S) of damage. They mostly suck. Stun mods were replaced with +chance for status effects, which can be good on some weapons.

Yes, you still step forward. Melee sucks anyways for all weapons that aren't Galatine or Dual Zoren. There's supposed to be a redesign of the melee system in the near future, but I'll believe it when I see it.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 14, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Xaris posted:

Yes, yes, and I don't know.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

AndroidHub posted:

The prices are just way too outrageous to make casual purchases once you know what it's actually worth in-game.

I've dropped for some platinum, hell, too much in my eyes, but considering that I've still got a nice stockpile left after the sale, I'm not planning on putting any more money into the game. ( He says ) I bought Volt because it's cheap, the Orokin supercharges are cheap, Neural Sensor drop rates suck rear end, and I bought the basic colour pack because all my guns and frames have to look like pretty princesses.

If it dropped down to the 'normal' IAP prices of other games, they might make more money. Then again, more of the community might be running around in powerful frames with the better weapons sooner and easier, so DE would get that power-creep which would mean they have to put out more content, more often as it gets finished easier.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

ullerrm posted:

Serration is still universal +damage, and it's the only mod left that is that way, and DE are perpetually hinting that they may remove/change it. It's pretty much the only mandatory mod for rifles.
Hornet Strike, Pressure Point and Point Blank are mods that exist though? :confused:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Don't forget Heavy Caliber and Vicious Spread! The vault mods really helped break the game further.

ps there's orokin vaults now and they contain the most gamebreaking mods.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Insert name here posted:

Hornet Strike, Pressure Point and Point Blank are mods that exist though? :confused:

Serration: maxes out at +165% damage (at rank 10)
Pressure Point: maxes out at +120% damage (at rank 5)
Point Blank: maxes out at +90% damage (at rank 5)

Of them, Serration is by far the most powerful.

Hornet Strike goes up to +220% at rank 10, but it's acting on pistols, which are generally low-damage to begin with and thus have less to work with. It's sort of a tossup in terms of bang-for-buck between it and Barrel Diffusion. (Of course, most people just use both, assuming they have enough drain to do so.)

TBH, all of this is a digression from the main point of Damage 2.0: while some mods are still absurdly good, there is no longer a one-set-of-mods-fits-all-enemies solution for the game. You'll want to vary your loadout a bit from level to level, even if some of the core mods stay the same.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Hornet Strike maxes out at 220%. Point Blank + Blaze + Vicious Spread are 240%. Serration + Heavy Caliber is 330%.

Pistols get up to 180% multishot(barrel diffusion+lethal torrent), shotguns get 120% from Hell's Chamber, rifles get 90% from Split Chamber.

So the base +damage, on average, is Pistols +616%, Shotguns +528%, rifles +627%. On average. This is what elemental mods build off of.

Also that's ignoring crits, which are yet another kind of +basedamage, and why Soma/Synapse/Boar Prime/Dread are so loving good.

ps dread owns now

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Dread so owns now. The only big complaint that I have is that Heavy Caliber gives a noticeable drift in accuracy and I am a whiny baby that likes my sniper shots to go where I aim.

edit: Also a good "shoot fullcharge instantly" build doesn't have room for Thunderbolt :saddowns:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Make sure to log in today even if you only have a minute, there's a free valentine's day color pack.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sputnik posted:

Dread so owns now. The only big complaint that I have is that Heavy Caliber gives a noticeable drift in accuracy and I am a whiny baby that likes my sniper shots to go where I aim.

edit: Also a good "shoot fullcharge instantly" build doesn't have room for Thunderbolt :saddowns:
The wiki says Thunderbolt deals 250 blast damage, and a modded Dread is hitting for five digits worth of damage. I feel like Thunderbolt wouldn't really be pulling its own weight.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Sputnik posted:

To be honest you don't even need Heavy Caliber on it if you have enough damage anyhow.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Woo yea, finally got my Rhino Helmet.

Just need some Rubedo and a Neural sensor and I can shove that bitch in the oven. :woop:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
You earn mastery points for completing new nodes right? I'm close to to hitting 6 but all my frames and weapons are at 30 already.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Nope. Weapons, sentinels, and frames only. Break down and build the lovely BP alert melee weapons?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

zgrowler2 posted:

Nope. Weapons, sentinels, and frames only. Break down and build the lovely BP alert melee weapons?
Galaxy map completion does progress mastery according to the wiki.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Elysiume posted:

Galaxy map completion does progress mastery according to the wiki.

I stand corrected. Had no clue.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hey Ps4 clan goons, it's high time we upload an emblem:

quote:

As per Digital Extremes:

1. Clan Emblem must be a 128x128 .PNG file. No exceptions.

2. The fee for uploading Clan Emblem is 150 Platinum.

3. We review all submissions. If we approve your image, you will see your Clan Emblem implemented in the nearest hotfix or update. If we reject it, we explain to you in an email why your image was rejected. Your Platinum will not be refunded.

We will reject at our own discretion. Do not upload offensive and inappropriate images. Do not take the risk and upload questionable images.

You will get a chance to preview the image before it gets submitted with your platinum

The platinum isn't a problem, and I think it'd be best to get it uploaded before u12 hits (which'll be awhile, but whatever).

Our many clan flags and our shoulders will be emblazoned with whatever emblem we pick, so we need to make it wonderful and amazing.

Any ideas?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Why not just use the PsyLotus that the PC goon group uses?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Oxium drones do not spawn in Corpus alerts.

I just wasted like 20 minutes of people's time on that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

A reminder: The mastery rank 9 test blows and is really annoying without a frame that can go invisible. God that sucked. Should have looked at the wiki first.

New advice: Just look at the wiki and avoid feeling dumb that you didn't cake walk through a stupid test.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Doji Sekushi posted:

Hey Ps4 clan goons, it's high time we upload an emblem:

The platinum isn't a problem, and I think it'd be best to get it uploaded before u12 hits (which'll be awhile, but whatever).

Our many clan flags and our shoulders will be emblazoned with whatever emblem we pick, so we need to make it wonderful and amazing.

Any ideas?

A Grineer giving a thumbs-up.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

A reminder: The mastery rank 9 test blows and is really annoying without a frame that can go invisible. God that sucked. Should have looked at the wiki first.

New advice: Just look at the wiki and avoid feeling dumb that you didn't cake walk through a stupid test.

An FYI on this that the wiki doesn't explain well: Kestrel or Glaive makes it a cakewalk even on a non-cloaky frame.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Well my clan just finished the Zephyr research and we all went and bought the blueprints only to find you need 200 oxium per piece. That's pretty much killed most of my drive to be a flying birdframe.

I have like 20 left over from researching, tryed to do some Xini to farm more and not a single oxium drone spawns in 20 mins. Did they nerf it or am I just unlucky?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Cainer posted:

Well my clan just finished the Zephyr research and we all went and bought the blueprints only to find you need 200 oxium per piece. That's pretty much killed most of my drive to be a flying birdframe.

I have like 20 left over from researching, tryed to do some Xini to farm more and not a single oxium drone spawns in 20 mins. Did they nerf it or am I just unlucky?

If Kappa is still Corpus controlled then it's probably the best place to kill drones at.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

If Kappa is still Corpus controlled then it's probably the best place to kill drones at.

I'll give that one a try, it's just when we first started farming Oxium I was getting 20 or so every xini mission, made it pretty dam easy.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Cainer posted:

I'll give that one a try, it's just when we first started farming Oxium I was getting 20 or so every xini mission, made it pretty dam easy.

I ran Kappa a couple of times with goons tonight.
You can get 50-60 oxy per run if you just stack on the point and DON'T OPEN ANY DOORS GODDAMN!
(If you open the doors, you can gently caress with the spawns, and it is inevitable that someone will do it at least once. Only once, if you are lucky.)

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

It's easy as long as you always crouch and don't walk right in front of the dudes.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!
So I just tried fusing a bunch of cores into Electric Shield, it was going to take it from Rare to Rare 2. It told me that would exceed the energy limit on the frame, but I said do it anyway thinking it would just fuse as much as it could to stay equipped. I lose the credits and the cores, but the mod is still just Rare. Did I just burn a bunch of cores being a dumbass somehow or what?

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Clockwork Beast! posted:

So I just tried fusing a bunch of cores into Electric Shield, it was going to take it from Rare to Rare 2. It told me that would exceed the energy limit on the frame, but I said do it anyway thinking it would just fuse as much as it could to stay equipped. I lose the credits and the cores, but the mod is still just Rare. Did I just burn a bunch of cores being a dumbass somehow or what?

Look at the left of the card. There should be a white bar, and some empty bars(or two white bars and one empty one). That is the rank of the mod, which is what fusing levels up.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

Specto posted:

Look at the left of the card. There should be a white bar, and some empty bars(or two white bars and one empty one). That is the rank of the mod, which is what fusing levels up.

Right, the pre-accept preview had it at 2 bars. After I hit accept all my components went ahead and peaced out, but no white bars.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Clockwork Beast! posted:

Right, the pre-accept preview had it at 2 bars. After I hit accept all my components went ahead and peaced out, but no white bars.

That sounds like a glitch. You could try reentering the mod menu to see if they reappear. If not, send a ticket I guess?

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

ullerrm posted:

An FYI on this that the wiki doesn't explain well: Kestrel or Glaive makes it a cakewalk even on a non-cloaky frame.

An FYI on this is use the AOE attack or any offensive power on any frame and have energy siphon equipped. Or just observe patrol patterns. The test is stupid easy with any frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I just used Nyx and pressed 2 until everyone was dead.