Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

Specto posted:

That sounds like a glitch. You could try reentering the mod menu to see if they reappear. If not, send a ticket I guess?

Played a mission, it was Rare 2. Looks like it was just taking a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Finally got a Natural Talent. It is good, really, really loving good. I wish I could have used it when it was 100%.

RogueTM
Jul 8, 2004

Hmmmmm
Looks like Xini is not a good place for Oxium farming, just did a few runs with no signs of Oxium Ospreys up till Wave 20, so Kappa is still the best place.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I was cursing my dysfunctional body for waking me up in agony this morning, but it got blunted somewhat by the RNG being nice to me. Got a Forma to finish off making my Karak more of a murder machine from the login bonus, rifle ammo mutation so I can solo those tower missions easier, and the rifle amp aura for even more damage. :toot:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I just used Nyx and pressed 2 until everyone was dead.

I was afraid that if I used any of my abilities that some guard would have seen me from half way across the map and gotten suspicious. Plus the sight detecyion for guards can be pretty weird, so I felt like I was momentarily playing space splinter cell.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

limited posted:

I was cursing my dysfunctional body for waking me up in agony this morning, but it got blunted somewhat by the RNG being nice to me. Got a Forma to finish off making my Karak more of a murder machine from the login bonus, rifle ammo mutation so I can solo those tower missions easier, and the rifle amp aura for even more damage. :toot:
My mates give me crap for not running an Energy aura and instead running a nearly Maxed Rifle Amp with a mid-level Serration. gently caress them, as long as I have the energy to pop Iron Skin I wanna shoot thangs.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

ElegantFugue posted:

Why not just use the PsyLotus that the PC goon group uses?

Does anyone have the pic handy? Or where can I find it?

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH

Doji Sekushi posted:

Does anyone have the pic handy? Or where can I find it?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

This is glorious. You are my hero.

Barring any serious complaints about it from ps4 clan goons, I'm upload it after work.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Doji Sekushi posted:

This is glorious. You are my hero.

Barring any serious complaints about it from ps4 clan goons, I'm upload it after work.

If anyone has serious complaints about the PsyLotus, they shouldn't be in the goon clan. :getout: Also, it makes it easier to see fellow goons if and when cross-platform play is ever enabled.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Croccers posted:

My mates give me crap for not running an Energy aura and instead running a nearly Maxed Rifle Amp with a mid-level Serration. gently caress them, as long as I have the energy to pop Iron Skin I wanna shoot thangs.

I will only give you poo poo for not maxing the aura. An unmaxed aura, a shameful aura.

Big McLargeHuge
Jan 2, 2001

Lebanon LOL
Thanks to Dijo and Squirrel for running me through getting BP for the rhino.

I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I can point that barton and pull the trigger for now.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I want to level other weapons but I got the Latron Prime a few days ago and I just can't stop formaing it! It's so such fun throwing shred and split chamber on it and having a field day with suckers who think cover will save them. Only problem I have with it is the reload time but since I have been leveling it with my Frost Prime its not been too much of a big deal, whenever I need to reload I just bubble.

Any tips on builds for it? I see it has a decent crit and status chance, should I try to work with that? Right now I'm mostly just stuffing it with split, shred, serration and a bunch of elemental mods.

Also, thanks again for pointing me toward Kappa, me and my friends have been grinding it out so we can build birdframe.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Shugojin posted:

I will only give you poo poo for not maxing the aura. An unmaxed aura, a shameful aura.
I keep getting distracted and using my cores on other things :(

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Speaking of Auras, I finally got some from Alerts. There's absolutely no reason not to max them out ASAP, right? It's basically free energy for your frame, after all.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Aishan posted:

Speaking of Auras, I finally got some from Alerts. There's absolutely no reason not to max them out ASAP, right? It's basically free energy for your frame, after all.

Well, ultimately you're only going to need to have the best one(s) from each polarity maxed (Energy Syphon, Rejuvenation, and Rifle Amp, at least pre update 12. Post Update 12 there's Steel Charge to consider, but that's a lot of time, money, and cores to actualy max U12 Steel charge. And maybe Enemy Radar.) If you only have one of the awful ones from a particular polarity, it's a question of how much you need those points right now rather than having the resources used to max the better one when it comes along later.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I have a feeling Steel Charge come Melee 2.0 is going to be a hot commodity -if- DE pulls the overhaul off correctly.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Thranguy posted:

Well, ultimately you're only going to need to have the best one(s) from each polarity maxed (Energy Syphon, Rejuvenation, and Rifle Amp, at least pre update 12. Post Update 12 there's Steel Charge to consider, but that's a lot of time, money, and cores to actualy max U12 Steel charge. And maybe Enemy Radar.) If you only have one of the awful ones from a particular polarity, it's a question of how much you need those points right now rather than having the resources used to max the better one when it comes along later.

Well then, stroke of luck, the two I managed to get are Energy Siphon and Rifle Amp (which matches my Mag so is extra awesome.)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I happen to like Infested Impedance for D-polarity. It's a noticeable debuff if you're running in an Infested mission, even if it's just one person.

Has that new sniper Aura been up for an alert yet? I want to mix it with my Vectis and Lanka. :sicknasty:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 14, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Echophonic posted:

Has that new sniper Aura been up for an alert yet? I want to mix it with my Vectis and Lanka. :sicknasty:

Seconding the request for a Dead Eye alert notification in thread when it pops up.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

Cainer posted:

I want to level other weapons but I got the Latron Prime a few days ago and I just can't stop formaing it! It's so such fun throwing shred and split chamber on it and having a field day with suckers who think cover will save them. Only problem I have with it is the reload time but since I have been leveling it with my Frost Prime its not been too much of a big deal, whenever I need to reload I just bubble.

Any tips on builds for it? I see it has a decent crit and status chance, should I try to work with that? Right now I'm mostly just stuffing it with split, shred, serration and a bunch of elemental mods.

Also, thanks again for pointing me toward Kappa, me and my friends have been grinding it out so we can build birdframe.

I just recently put 4 forma on it because it's so great, but 3 might be fine. The crit chance and base crit damage is definitely good enough to put Vital Sense and Point Strike on it.

You basically want a dash and at least 4 V polarities. Serration and Split Chamber is obvious. Then you need 2 more V for Vital Sense and Point Strike. You need the Dash for the Infected Clip or Stormbringer for your Radiation/Magnetic/Corrosive combos for your Grineer/Corpus/Infected runs respectively.

The last two mod slots are situational. I tried using heavy caliber on it, but this gun has way too low magazine size and slow reload speed that I don't think it's all that worth it. It's killing everything in anything but high level defense and survival in one hit anyway. I really, really like Shred. If you can hit 2 or 3 things at a time even some of the time, it's very much worth it. If you can hit something behind a wall that you otherwise couldn't have, it's very much worth it. Last slot, probably the standard bane mod and the standard cryo round for void.

Oh yeah, remember that you can reload cancel at 3/4ths of the reload. It does save a little bit of time. I still think Soma's better than this gun considering you can put heavy caliber on that and it can reload cancel at 1/2 of the reload.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Has that new sniper Aura been up for an alert yet?

Not according to the Alerts Twitter feed, I have to admit if I was rocking Vectis I'd be pretty tempted to load it up instead of Energy Siphon.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Metaprognosticate posted:

I just recently put 4 forma on it because it's so great, but 3 might be fine. The crit chance and base crit damage is definitely good enough to put Vital Sense and Point Strike on it.

You basically want a dash and at least 4 V polarities. Serration and Split Chamber is obvious. Then you need 2 more V for Vital Sense and Point Strike. You need the Dash for the Infected Clip or Stormbringer for your Radiation/Magnetic/Corrosive combos for your Grineer/Corpus/Infected runs respectively.

The last two mod slots are situational. I tried using heavy caliber on it, but this gun has way too low magazine size and slow reload speed that I don't think it's all that worth it. It's killing everything in anything but high level defense and survival in one hit anyway. I really, really like Shred. If you can hit 2 or 3 things at a time even some of the time, it's very much worth it. If you can hit something behind a wall that you otherwise couldn't have, it's very much worth it. Last slot, probably the standard bane mod and the standard cryo round for void.

Oh yeah, remember that you can reload cancel at 3/4ths of the reload. It does save a little bit of time. I still think Soma's better than this gun considering you can put heavy caliber on that and it can reload cancel at 1/2 of the reload.

Thanks much for the tips, so I just need to keep leveling and slapping forma on it then. While I like the Soma I just prefer the Latron cause I like doing precision headshot murderin.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

I was afraid that if I used any of my abilities that some guard would have seen me from half way across the map and gotten suspicious. Plus the sight detecyion for guards can be pretty weird, so I felt like I was momentarily playing space splinter cell.

Like most things in warframe, being incredibly violent and unsubtle is the easiest way to do everything, including stealth.

You can't use your weapon for that test but just remember: The rocket launcher is the best stealth weapon. That is how a space ninja do.

We actually had a better version around here somewhere that was smoother and had a fade-in from the bottom instead of a hard cutoff, you should use that if you can find it.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Gestalt Intellect posted:

We actually had a better version around here somewhere that was smoother and had a fade-in from the bottom instead of a hard cutoff, you should use that if you can find it.

Ah well. Already submitted to DE. Still better than the stock emblem.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Is there reason to build/use the Vectis over the Snipetron Vandal? DPSframe still hands the latter a fair lead in numbers last time I checked. I've been jonesing for another sniper rifle for a while, but I may just forma the Vandal if it still beats everything that isn't Primed Chamber Vectis.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
:siren: PC - Zephyr parts are all researched and ready for crafting! :siren:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

zgrowler2 posted:

Is there reason to build/use the Vectis over the Snipetron Vandal? DPSframe still hands the latter a fair lead in numbers last time I checked. I've been jonesing for another sniper rifle for a while, but I may just forma the Vandal if it still beats everything that isn't Primed Chamber Vectis.

You can't get the Snipetron Vandal anymore, so if you didn't do the event for it you're out of luck. if you do have it, however, the Snipetron Vandal is definitely the best sniper rifle.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Did the event. I thought the transition from pre-buff to auto-AP Snipetron was good, but the Vandal was and is fantastic. Guess I'm slapping a Forma in it, then.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Looking for a PS4 clan invite, username Internet_Fatso

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Springfield Fatts posted:

Looking for a PS4 clan invite, username Internet_Fatso

Read the op and apply.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

PathAsc posted:

Read the op and apply.

The form linked in the OP is only for PC users. The PS4 clan has yet to set up their own.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Male Man posted:

The form linked in the OP is only for PC users. The PS4 clan has yet to set up their own.

Yeah just post in the thread an we'll get you.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Male Man posted:

Doji Sekushi posted:

Yeah just post in the thread an we'll get you.

I am a retard and should learn to read. :downswords:

In other news, I ventured to the Warframe forums because I enjoy pain I guess. They're bitching about Oberon, but I can't see why. I feel like he's balanced well and fun, not to mention his 1 and 4 are pretty good in my opinion.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

:siren:
Detonite injector up for grabs from Infestation on Arval (Mars)!

Unprecedented, as far as I know!

ed: PC

Synastren fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 14, 2014

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Synastren posted:

Holy poo poo, that's new.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Synastren posted:

I didn't make a single Detonite Injector/Mutagen Mass/Fieldron for any of my stuff so far, and I've got multiple weapons that use each :v:

If you're on PS3 and you're excited about this, welcome to the world of lazy.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Hog Butcher posted:

I didn't make a single Detonite Injector/Mutagen Mass/Fieldron for any of my stuff so far, and I've got multiple weapons that use each :v:

If you're on PS3 and you're excited about this, welcome to the world of lazy.

There hasn't been a single Detonite Injector up for grabs from an Infestation or Invasion on PC since U10, at least. I didn't play before U10, so I don't know if they gave them away before that.

ed: Make that two injectors, both on Mars!

Synastren fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 14, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/179717-hotfix-1212/

Hotfix 12.1.2

Changes:
Earth enemy balancing and tweaks including removing Eviscerators from regular Earth missions; they now only appear after 5 minutes in Survival or 5 Waves in Defense.
- Skana Prime is now tintable.
- Reverted to the old holster position for Jat Kittag.
- Tweaked enemy strategies in invasions for factions that are on the ropes in the Star Chart.

Performance:
- Removed hitches when enemy leader units would spawn.
- Removed hitches caused by resources being inadvertently unloaded after Lotus transmissions.

Fixes:
- Fixed enemies spawning behind locked exit doors in survival missions.
- Various crash fixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So since this is my first time, I'm a little confused.

How do I potato my warframe?

Its at level 30, so is my Grataka, I have the forma but I'm not sure what I should be doing here and I don't wanna gently caress it up.

To my knowledge this raises its power right? The abilities and poo poo becoming stronger and I can level up it again and rinse, repeat?