Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

That's Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
So it is! Thanks. I never would have thought of that. Also, I think what I recognized was a cover.

Portable Staplefrog fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OJRRUnY--A&t=120s

The 2:00 mark of Franz Ferdinand's Do You Want To... what song is it ripping off? It feels like it should be blind... er, deafeningly obvious, but I can't remember. Or am I crazy and is it entirely original?

Oh, and in case anybody was thinking of Apollo 440's "Carrera Rapida" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVqfTmkg_9I)... I was. And you're welcome. I think it's because the 5:45 mark sounds kind of like the Mission Impossible theme.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 25, 2014

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.

Pilchenstein posted:

When I read that I immediately thought of Plush by Stone Temple Pilots but I've no idea if John Frusciante sounds like them or not. I think there's an acoustic version though, so maybe that?

That isn't it but when I read your reply I thought you might have cracked it!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

When I read that I immediately thought of Plush by Stone Temple Pilots but I've no idea if John Frusciante sounds like them or not. I think there's an acoustic version though, so maybe that?

I thought Silverchair, myself, but who knows?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

spatula massacre posted:

I was in the US before xmas and a song came on the radio. The lyrics to the chorus were something like....

'Too far for me to wait tomorrow' or something like that

It sounded very John Frusciante-esq. But it wasn't Frusciante.

It's been bugging me for ages.

I was in North Carolina, if it was like a smallish time band..

TIA! :)

Shimmer by Fuel?

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.

This isn't it :-( but I really like this and iirc it kinda sounds like that. I just remember the chorus tag line being something about 'too long to wait tomorrow'. Whilst the song was playing I wrote them words down on my notepad and never got around to hearing who it was by or anything

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

Actually. This could definitely be it..

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

eXXon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OJRRUnY--A&t=120s

The 2:00 mark of Franz Ferdinand's Do You Want To... what song is it ripping off? It feels like it should be blind... er, deafeningly obvious, but I can't remember. Or am I crazy and is it entirely original?

My Sharona

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Okay this is a long shot, but my friend has a song that they have had since at least 2004, which they have no idea where it is from, and nothing on Google is helping out and Shazam has no clue either.
These are the lyrics as far as I can make them out

I don't sleep _______
and I've killed off everything
You want everything
and this army of ______ has just begun

You've really got yourself into a mess this time boy

kill the conversation
with the word that you didn't know
and let it eat at you
until you were all alone
It doesn't stop there
This ending goes on and on
And the plot thickens
And this army of _____ just begun

*high pitched vocal noises*

If anyone can let me know anything about this song I will be eternally grateful.

Redczar fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 26, 2014

UberVexer
Jan 5, 2006

I like trains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k90jQXGgyw&t=846s
Can anybody identify the song at 14:06 in this video?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

- 50s/early 60s single, nothing you'd know as a casual listener (so not Herman's Hermits or The Zombies or anything)
- four-line verses, almost monotonous with little melodic variation, same melody for each line, only the last note gets lower with each line
- in one of the verses the last line goes something like "you got me ___ing on a cloud", can't remember what exactly
- each verse is immediately followed by two lines that are just "doopy doopy doopy doopy doopy doopy doo", no chorus otherwise
- singer might be named Tommy (but not Tommy Roe, either) and might not be
- only time I ever heard it was on one of those youtube channels that show off old 45 records, the video was just the record playing
Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on2t7lsEzHo

... more of a novelty song than I remembered, with those sound effects. But hey. 60s was way off though.

Had to straight up track down the guy who linked me to it years ago, too.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Trying to find a couple of songs that play on the piped in music at work. Most likely they're from independent artists, possibly hosted on Broadjam.

First song is a young man singing about an ex, originally thought it might've been One Direction. Lyrics as well as I can remember go:
Getting over you was hard to do
It broke and twisted my heart into two
Where did we go wrong I (something)

But time goes on it heals our wounds
(something)
Then I see you on the street
Feelings rushing through me rushing through me
(something)
Emotions pouring through me pouring through me
Then you stop to say hello and now I'm in love again.

Second song is a female singer, poppy upbeat song. Can only remember the chorus:
Things can only go up from here
can only go up(x9)
Can only go up(x9) up from here
and you can only go up(x9)

The repeats are only on the word up not the whole line, and it isn't by Shania Twain.

LoveisOver
Aug 8, 2011
I heard this song on the radio recently:
It's a woman singing, and the chorus is a repeating something like: "You're really nice, but I like you only as a friend" over and over.
Thanks.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I've had this possibly British synth pop song stuck in my head for two days, except the only actually lyrics I can recall go:
"Don't you wanna go(know?)
Back to
the PLAAAAAAACE"
And then someone else sings that in a high pitch. This is driving me crazy, so thanks to anyone who figures this out.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I heard this weird song in a coffee shop earlier today, sung by what sure sounded like the Pet Shop Boys (well, Neil Tennant I suppose) except it was not electro at all. It may have been an accoustic version (I don't really follow PSB so I'm not sure how much they do this) of one of their songs? It was kind of slow and ballad-y. The only lyrics I could pick up were something like "turning turning, something something dead museum"

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Identify that song, which Police song did Bruno Mars rip off the most?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-fA-gBCkj0

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Help me identify a song, megathread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijs0VD6fl0Y

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Paper With Lines posted:

A sped up Walking on the Moon maybe?

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

spatula massacre posted:

'Too far for me to wait tomorrow' or something like that

Silverchair - Tomorrow ?

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Paper With Lines posted:

I'd say Can't Stand Losing You

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I heard a song this morning at ~4:45am it was very upbeat and had very little instruments. Mostly whistling. A very upbeat whistling song. I knew what song came after it (all the small things) I called KTCL 93.3 and they weren't much help.

It's definitely a newer song. With whistling.

"they call me crazy" and "feel it in your soul" may be some of the lyrics

HELP IM DYING

E: found it! It was The Walker by Fitz and the Tantrums

I LIKE COOKIE fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 6, 2014

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I heard a song today on the radio, can someone identify it for me?

It had a white sounding woman singing stuff like wooo-oooooh-oooh during choruses and stuff. Then there was a black man doing a pseudo-rap in the middle. I think the song was about partying. I heard it on the pop-music channel.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Minorkos posted:

I heard a song today on the radio, can someone identify it for me?

It had a white sounding woman singing stuff like wooo-oooooh-oooh during choruses and stuff. Then there was a black man doing a pseudo-rap in the middle. I think the song was about partying. I heard it on the pop-music channel.

Dark horse by Katy Perry?

Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug
I found a short, 'Benny-Hillesque' track a year or two ago, in some video I can't remember. I think it was, at the time, referred to as 'khajiit.m4a', but it must be some generic music because I just heard it in the background of a home renovation show on TV.

Edit: Song identified as "Stink Bomb" by Brian de Mercia. Thanks, Crackmaster!

Earl of Lavender fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 7, 2014

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004

Earl of Lavender posted:

I found a short, 'Benny-Hillesque' track a year or two ago, in some video I can't remember. I think it was, at the time, referred to as 'khajiit.m4a', but it must be some generic music because I just heard it in the background of a home renovation show on TV.

I uploaded it here. Anyone know what it is?

That seems to be "Stink Bomb" by Brian de Mercia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebTp_v4DGM

It was featured in this Gametrailers video from TGS '11, showcasing the Skyrim character creation features (while you're there, please do enjoy the fascinating variety of humorless dolts in the comments): http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/zjrega/elder-scrolls-v--skyrim-tgs-11--character-creation--cam-

Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug
That's both the song and the video! Nice going!

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I have a fragment of lyrics stuck in my head but I remember more about the music video.

It is a synthpop sort of song and the lyrics go something like: "what is the mystery inside your heart"

The video has a lady that looks like the Good Witch of the West with a crystal on her head and an evil guy that looks like Dr. Doom twisting knobs at a console.

I am not entirely sure this actually exists due to substances but any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Looking for a hip hop song with a very distinctive bass line and monotone beat. I've had this stuck in my head for weeks and thought it was some internet thing that I'll never find again - possibly by weebl? - but today I heard it and thought, oh hey, it's an actual song after all. Unfortunately, didn't catch any lyrics due to loud environment, all I can do is try to typographically represent the main hook.

e: Roots Manuva, Witness, and I was completely right about where I heard it first.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 11, 2014

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Cyril Sneer posted:

I heard this weird song in a coffee shop earlier today, sung by what sure sounded like the Pet Shop Boys (well, Neil Tennant I suppose) except it was not electro at all. It may have been an accoustic version (I don't really follow PSB so I'm not sure how much they do this) of one of their songs? It was kind of slow and ballad-y. The only lyrics I could pick up were something like "turning turning, something something dead museum"

"The Show Must Go On", in collaboration with Queen?

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
Hey, I found this mislabeled track on my computer and was wondering what it was. All I know is that it was probably used in a tv spot around 2007:
http://tindeck.com/listen/evtb

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

pylb posted:

Hey, I found this mislabeled track on my computer and was wondering what it was. All I know is that it was probably used in a tv spot around 2007:
http://tindeck.com/listen/evtb

It was a Jeep commercial. This blog post claims someone contacted Jeep asking about the song and was told it was made for the ad, so it's probably going to be next to impossible to get a name.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Erebus posted:

It was a Jeep commercial. This blog post claims someone contacted Jeep asking about the song and was told it was made for the ad, so it's probably going to be next to impossible to get a name.

Welp, thanks anyway.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
If it's any consolation, the wikipedia page for the real song it's reminiscent of has a list of a bunch of covers, songs using it as a sample and soundalikes. You might enjoy this Portishead track in particular; similar beat to the commercial song, also has a female vocalist.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A few months ago I watched this rad music video that was a cartoon with the band traveling through this forest and awakening some mountain giant to do battle with a huge devil and no amount of googling tells me what this band or the song is called. Anyone know what the gently caress I'm talking about?

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Baronjutter posted:

A few months ago I watched this rad music video that was a cartoon with the band traveling through this forest and awakening some mountain giant to do battle with a huge devil and no amount of googling tells me what this band or the song is called. Anyone know what the gently caress I'm talking about?

I'm probably wrong but is this rockin' song the song you are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1cxSE25ck

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It was this!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3h0QpUQxTQ
awesome video

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Breakbeats with a male vocal; the hook is "It's ALLLLLLLright". It's been in the UK charts sometime in the last year or two.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know the song that appears on this part of a video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOlTM297CFE&t=238s
Tried searching "money up to here" or "money up the hill" but no dice.

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
I've got another one from a mix, but doesn't seem like it's an edit this time. Link: here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goky
Jan 11, 2005
Goky is like Goku only more kawaii ^____^
I heard 'Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know' on the radio the other day (link) and I immediately thought "Hey, this is that song Kanye West samples!"... yet I can't find out what "that song" is, nor any record that Kanye West has ever sampled it or any record that any rapper has sampled it for that matter.

Anyone have any clue about this intro (or a similar sounding riff) being sampled in a rap song?

Mystery solved: Kanye West - Gorgeous. Obviously not a sample of the Arctic Monkeys' song but it's got a similar vibe.

Goky fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 20, 2014