Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Mullen hamstring shattered. Also Bowmore's hopes and dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh gently caress :( please be ok Mullo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My heart is broke

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Hahah that Hoffman try

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Looked like a billion knock ons leading up to it

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

Looked like a billion knock ons leading up to it

I counted zero so one of us is wrong by quite some distance.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry I am distracted from heart break

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This Cody Nikorima could be a bargain in fantasy if he gets the start round 1.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I hate seeing these injuries in what amount to meaningless games.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

I hate seeing these injuries in what amount to meaningless games.
My Dad just went from "the 9s are great" to "I hate the 9s"

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Luke Keary's having scans on his shoulder, so Sutton back to the halves now for Souths.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Good lead for the Warriors even with Johnson and Tomkins looking a bit off their game.

edit: Johnson :allears: and the bonus as well

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 16, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Treacherous uprights, but that effort from Johnson to get to the *~*BONUS ZONE*~* WAS CRUCIAL.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Winning was nice, but I could do without Johnson throwing himself into the uprights.

I'm still on the fence on Tomkins. There were plenty of times he could have done a better job of drawing and passing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Mansour had the best almost intercept I've seen in many a year.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Winning was nice, but I could do without Johnson throwing himself into the uprights.

I'm still on the fence on Tomkins. There were plenty of times he could have done a better job of drawing and passing.

I was pleased with the young guys stepping up when the stars were having a down game. Lousi, Matagi & Kata have shown things I didn't think they were capable of.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Lousi and Matagi starring in a format that isn't made for them has been a huge positive for me.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Lousi and Matagi starring in a format that isn't made for them has been a huge positive for me.

Not bad for 4th and 5th props in the rotation :smug:

edit: despite what I said earlier, Warriors will be playing Cowboys in the semi, tough matchup. Weird draw though, usually it's structured so you're seperated from the other team in your pool until the GF in tournaments like this.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 16, 2014

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Excellent, my cable is loving up and not letting me watch anything.

No, wait, now it's back and Anasta is on. Please can the black screen come back.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Excellent, my cable is loving up and not letting me watch anything.

No, wait, now it's back and Anasta is on. Please can the black screen come back.

30 min break to give them a bit of rest, not long since the quarters.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thankfully the weird scrambling effect cleared up just as the game kicked off. Another hilariously blown / amazingly saved try to start us off!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Argh draw and pass Sebastine

edit: our worst half of the tournament but only down 4.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 16, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Argh draw and pass Sebastine

edit: our worst half of the tournament but only down 4.

Goddamn it just isn't happening for us this game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It wouldn't be the warriors if they didn't poo poo the bed eventually.

E: also tamou's beard is scaring me

E: how loving pasty is the tab guy? Did he catch some debilitating illness over the weekend?

iajanus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 16, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Congrats to the Cowboys, and the organisers, that was a fun tournament (if your team didn't pick up a depressing injury).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Definitely something I would like to see repeated, although I'd prefer if it were in January, since then there'd be more time for recovery afterwards. Also, it'd be a little further away from the WCC and season proper.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Had $50 on Cowboys at 17-1. :getin:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
First game of the season, 52-12 win over Batley :getin: ! We look a lot stronger than last season all over the park, hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

iajanus posted:

Definitely something I would like to see repeated, although I'd prefer if it were in January, since then there'd be more time for recovery afterwards. Also, it'd be a little further away from the WCC and season proper.

I read it will be in January next year due to clashing the Cricket World Cup.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That should make SL participation a lot easier one would think.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Sam Burgess is officially off to union after the 2014 season.

I really don't get how he is going to have enough time to learn the game in time for the World Cup. SBW took years, although cracking the All Blacks is probably harder than England.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

I really don't get how he is going to have enough time to learn the game in time for the World Cup. SBW took years, although cracking the All Blacks is probably harder than England.

It makes sense when you remember that he's really, really dumb.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I can never remember how dumb some of these guys are. Where is he on the Watmough/Isaac Luke scale?

Also if he's there for the cash money, good for him.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Jono C posted:

They're probably going to try and make him a centre so all he has to learn is

- catch the ball
- run at the other team
- buy a big house

Considering the outrageous skill levels of League players he'll probably score some great tries and make a lot more but eventually everyone will realise by the 4th or 5th phase he'll usually be out of position. Good for Bath, poo poo for England.

It's going to fail harder than Andy Farell and it will be very funny.

Edit : Not funny because of a union vs league thing, but funny because I'm Welsh.

DickEmery fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 17, 2014

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Maybe he thought if Folau and SBW can do it, so can I!

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Byolante posted:

Maybe he thought if Folau and SBW can do it, so can I!

Just kidding, Folau is immense

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

DickEmery posted:

They're probably going to try and make him a centre so all he has to learn is

- catch the ball
- run at the other team
- buy a big house

Considering the outrageous skill levels of League players he'll probably score some great tries and make a lot more but eventually everyone will realise by the 4th or 5th phase he'll usually be out of position. Good for Bath, poo poo for England.

It's going to fail harder than Andy Farell and it will be very funny.

Edit : Not funny because of a union vs league thing, but funny because I'm Welsh.

I imagine his defense is going to be solid, too.

He won't be Brad Thorne, but then again no one else has been either.

I repeat my earlier assertion that he is hunting SBW and wants revenge for the RLWC semi final.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

I imagine his defense is going to be solid, too.

He won't be Brad Thorne, but then again no one else has been either.

I repeat my earlier assertion that he is hunting SBW and wants revenge for the RLWC semi final.

SBW had all the natural talent to play 12, came from the second row/centre and still took four years to figure out how to do it.

Burgess is converting from prop, and doesn't have anything close to the same freakish talent.

Thorne is a different beast entirely, I have no loving idea how he managed to figure out the intricacies of union tight forward play so quickly.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I like the suggestion that we could have kept him in the game if we let him play for the blues. As if there isn't enough crap with regard to how players qualify for the teams, we should just open the doors to anyone from other countries who wants to play oh poo poo this turned into some sort of anti immigration rant what the hell is happening help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Burgess bleeds red, green and blue. gently caress the haters.

• Locked thread