Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Happy Birthday Logan!

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

:black101:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wanna rock out with that dog

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

wanna rock out with that dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo, my boxer still does that with toys and he is 7. Always cracks me up

Deicide
Mar 22, 2004
Oh. How quaint.
Hi dogge thread,

This is Kingsley

Kingsley was born in Afghanistan, which is a lovely place to be a dog or a girl, but especially a girl dog

Fortunately for her she was born shortly after my guys and I moved into the neighborhood

So she got to live pretty well for a bit

The nearby Brits had some vets attached to them to support their working dogs, and they told us about a charity called Nowzad Dogs that helps servicemembers adopt dogs from Afghanistan
So I sent em a picture

And then Kingsley had to take a ride to Kabul, which she was not pleased about. She was even less pleased that the Afghan dude driving her there insisted she stay in a box

But she made it home to the USA

And she is a pretty awesome dogge.

The other pups born with her and her mother were also eventually taken by the same charity before we left country, as they had grown a bit dependent on us and we didn't want to leave them behind. Another member of my team adopted one and the others were eventually adopted by families of veterans in the US. Nowzad is a great charity and do some great work for the animals in that country.
Added bonus: Kingsley's sister Vegas. She was very small.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Awesome dogge, awesome thing you did, hi5

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Best use of a dump pouch

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's awesome and I'm glad such an organization exists.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That is loving amazing. Kingsley looks like a great dog.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Logan and his birthday present:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcCZH3Ip79w

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
A buddy of mines dad is a cop and had a nice pup. The pup was his K9 dog before he became a detective many years ago. The pup got grazed by a bullet and came off duty but went home with my buddy's dad.

Her name was Gunny. She just passed.

Rest in peace dogge. You are getting all the pets now.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

drat dude (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIlPFRsseQ8)

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Just your run-of-the-mill bathroom tile.

This commercial made me tear up. It's fantastic.

Deicide
Mar 22, 2004
Oh. How quaint.

BathroomTile posted:

This commercial made me tear up. It's fantastic.

Yeah, that really is something else.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Goddamn.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jesus :smith:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Something a little more uplifting:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Good dog

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Forcing dogs(who can't volunteer, btw) to lose their innocence is not cool or cute.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Plus they suck at blowing up German tanks.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

genderstomper58 posted:

Forcing dogs(who can't volunteer, btw) to lose their innocence is not cool or cute.

As a former K9 handler, I can testify to the fact that dogges loving love military life. I'd vager if they could speak, they'd tell us that they would much rather be running about utilizing every bit of their senses to the max every day and being rewarded for it, rather than slowly rot away in some suburban home with no challhenges or fun except maybe one 30 minute walk per day. Besides each dog is unique. Whenever a dog didnt respond to training with the right amount of interest, they would be given away to caring families, rather than forced through more training. Only the dogs that loved working would be kept for training.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
:stare:

I hope you're just playing along

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

GyverMac posted:

As a former K9 handler, I can testify to the fact that dogges loving love military life. I'd vager if they could speak, they'd tell us that they would much rather be running about utilizing every bit of their senses to the max every day and being rewarded for it, rather than slowly rot away in some suburban home with no challhenges or fun except maybe one 30 minute walk per day. Besides each dog is unique. Whenever a dog didnt respond to training with the right amount of interest, they would be given away to caring families, rather than forced through more training. Only the dogs that loved working would be kept for training.

You monster.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
I like dogges that are built like trucks.

Even toy trucks :3:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank's going on 7 months.

He's being incredibly chill. Roommate has a chick over with a 7 month old pit/lab bitch and they get along swimmingly. Frank's not being a jealous rear end in a top hat about his toys, food, water, anything.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Frank looks great. Also A+ for getting a rescue.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

GyverMac posted:

what kind of training does a dog go through to become a sniper

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

1stGear posted:

what kind of training does a dog go through to become a sniper

Exactly the same as any other sniper, except the pull-up requirements are relaxed to avoid unfair discrimination.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

at the date posted:

Exactly the same as any other sniper, except the pull-up requirements are relaxed to avoid unfair discrimination.

Then how come they get excused for color blindness? :mad:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ableist loving army, ugh

my dog locks up in a half-down position all the time for some reason. It thought i'd make some use of it

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Slim Pickens posted:

ableist loving army, ugh

my dog locks up in a half-down position all the time for some reason. It thought i'd make some use of it

that's one long rear end dog

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

dogge

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:swoon: BELLY RUBS :swoon:

Adbot