Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm waiting for the next triple/double points period to get the Parisian restaurant.

I've never really wanted the Town Hall either, as you say it's a big grey lump, but suddenly the thought that I could have a cute gay couple getting married in it is making me ponder... :3:

Other than that, it's Benny's SPACESHIP! and Babby's First Modular, the Bike Shop/Cafe. I'm so glad I actually have a job now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Customers joining the VIP Program via LEGO.com/shop will not be able to purchase 70810 at initial sign up. The offer will become available at the second purchase via LEGO.com/shop however, when signed in with LEGO ID.

Agh I knew I should have registered for VIP on some earlier purchase. Though now that I think about it I've only ever ordered one thing straight from their shop, rest were elsewhere due to them being something like 20% cheaper.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

So my thirty year old self is becoming ever more envious of my ten year old self, so I decided to buy a Lego set. I bought the DeLorean. What are the opinions around here on this set? Looks pretty great to me. Have there been any rumors about more Back to the Future sets?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

caiman posted:

Have there been any rumors about more Back to the Future sets?

I've seen rumors of the train from BTTF3 becoming a set, but no hard evidence.

If you like Chima at all, or like making stuff with arms/legs/wings/whatever, then you might wanna pick up some of those Legends Beasts because they're awesome. I'm already totally sold on the micro-ball joints and I hope they produce them in more colors, and I'm definitely going to have to pick up a bunch of Mixels too.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

caiman posted:

So my thirty year old self is becoming ever more envious of my ten year old self, so I decided to buy a Lego set. I bought the DeLorean. What are the opinions around here on this set? Looks pretty great to me. Have there been any rumors about more Back to the Future sets?

I highly doubt they will make more than a one-off set, as much as the people keep submitting more laffo thing to CUSOO (BTTF3 train, UCS Delorian, etc).

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

caiman posted:

Like others have said, doubtful there will be more BTTF sets.

As far as the Delorean goes. I like it. It's not a fantastic set, but it's recognizable. When non-Lego people see the sets I have on display, they're more drawn to the Delorean than my Classic Space stuff(which are my favorite sets) because everyone has seen BTTF, not everyone played with Legos and knows early 80s space sets.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My most popular set is the VW bus, people love opening everything and looking at the details.

The bright colors probably help too, the VW beetle is similarly detailed but no one's ever as interested in it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

xzzy posted:

My most popular set is the VW bus, people love opening everything and looking at the details.

The bright colors probably help too, the VW beetle is similarly detailed but no one's ever as interested in it.

I always find the same thing. People love my VW camper.

The Beetle to me is ugly. Plus there's not really any cleverness to it, the shape is just built up with bricks, rather than interesting piece usage.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found all the new Star Wars sets at Target and Toys R Us today, also saw the new Captain America vs. Red Skull set, looked pretty fantastic.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Out of the blue today my wife picked up Brick Beard's ship for me. I'm on-call this week and she wanted me to have something I could do since I can't go out. She's just accrued a shocking number of brownie points. I'm stoked to start on this thing.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Holy crap, that was the best movie I've seen in years.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gravy Jones posted:

He wants me to get the Town Hall though because he likes the people getting married. As far as display models go I think it's pretty ugly compared to the other modulars so he's gonna be disappointed there. I have added the little wedding set to my basket for him though.

Lego sells a people getting married set in their stores for about $15 in case you don't want to get the whole town hall.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Where are they supposed to get married, smart guy? A space port?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Metal Beard's a captain so my vote is The Sea Cow.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Space ships have captains, too.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Guzwar posted:

Where are they supposed to get married, smart guy? A space port?

Yes, and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well I guess we need a Mos Eisley Spaceport set then.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Started the Sea Cow tonight. Please enjoy Metalbeard and Mini-beard comparison shots!

I especially like Mini-beard's tiny arm shark.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!

caiman posted:

A while back there was a set of a small town, and it wasn't a BTTF license, but it had the library, the movie theater, it was basically one end of the BTTF town. Out of production, so it'll be marked up, but if you need a place to park that Delorean, there you go.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Have there been any leaks of what the B-Wing from this year is looking like? I have all the latest other fighters (including 3 A-wings for some reason) and would love to round out the collection on a shelf with the Home One set at some point.

Movie was amazingly funny too. Guy with a son my niece's age next to me was laughing just as hard as I was almost the whole time.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Canopus250 posted:

Have there been any leaks of what the B-Wing from this year is looking like? I have all the latest other fighters (including 3 A-wings for some reason) and would love to round out the collection on a shelf with the Home One set at some point.

Movie was amazingly funny too. Guy with a son my niece's age next to me was laughing just as hard as I was almost the whole time.

Pictures of the fall 2014 Star Wars releases:
http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/16/toy-fair-report-lego-star-wars/#more-26666

I need the B-Wing to complete my rebel fighters set too(and have 2 A-Wings).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Advent calender spoilers in that link, if you care.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Oh man, what are those Star Wars Rebels sets from? Those are some cool ships.

Also where's the fourth member of the Cantina band, huh Lego!?

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Catsworth posted:

Oh man, what are those Star Wars Rebels sets from? Those are some cool ships.

Also where's the fourth member of the Cantina band, huh Lego!?

Star Wars Rebels is the new cartoon coming out this fall. I think it's supposed to take place between ANH and ESB.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Does that look like a new mould for Vader's helmet to anyone? The current one is too stubby and make him look shorter than everyone else but the dome of the helmet in the picture looks taller to me. Wishful thinking maybe...

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Things I need: all of the Rebels sets, B-Wing, Snowspeeder, and to get ripped off on a Y-Wing since I missed my window :(

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Carteret posted:

Things I need: all of the Rebels sets, B-Wing, Snowspeeder, and to get ripped off on a Y-Wing since I missed my window :(

B-Wing, Snowspeeder and AT-AT for me. I'll likely just buy the B-Wing and let my luck at the others depend on the Christmas gods. I've already got the Snowspeeder from Battle of Hoth, but the new one comes with Dax, which I need.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

the worst resellers are those that picked up 20+ exclusive crawlers. Should have picked one up when I saw it in London last year.

Also almost picked up a cheapish haunted house while in Sydney, they had it for 180 or 200 or something like that, but I wouldn't have been able to fit it into my suitcase.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
Wow, that molded Ithorian looks a lot better than my custom Momaw Nadon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

That advent calendar looks better than the previous ones. Santa Vader is amazing, as is the Christmas Tree Droid. The minis look OK-to-good, which is better than last year. Who am I kidding, I'd forgive anything for Santa Vader.

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

ltr posted:

Pictures of the fall 2014 Star Wars releases:
http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/16/toy-fair-report-lego-star-wars/#more-26666

I need the B-Wing to complete my rebel fighters set too(and have 2 A-Wings).

I'm in for the Star Destroyer, the Cantina and Snowspeeder, but the B-Wing is sort of a let down. Although I may be biased as I have the 6208 B-Wing from 2006 on my shelf; having a stand come with it is sweet for it. Odd thing is the new one has more pieces. Skipping the AT-AT also since I have the motorized next to the b-wing.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Man, forget Benny's spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! I'm gonna buy a ton of old Blacktron II sets when I have the cash. Or make the big ships out of old Blacktron parts.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
That B-Wing looks rad, but I don't think I can justify three of the same ship B-Wing (in three different scales) in six months.

But the pilot has that cool helmet so now I just don't know.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Just saw a 30 second story on HLNs Morning Express, a US morning nation wide new show, about the Lego Ghostbusters set. It is pretty crazy they have a news show that, is seen all over the states, doing a little coverage on a toy, this set is going to sell to all types of people, I hope Lego makes a ton of them to keep up with apparent demand.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

7thBatallion posted:

Man, forget Benny's spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! I'm gonna buy a ton of old Blacktron II sets when I have the cash. Or make the big ships out of old Blacktron parts.

Real Men only make Blacktron I sets. :colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Real Men only make Blacktron I sets. :colbert:

Black and yellow or nothing! They were bad guys before there were even police.

Two bad I only have two surviving minifigs. :smith:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Reminds me of the prick in this thread who bought 25 of those UCS B-Wings when they were half off.

Also reminds me of this shithead.
http://www.ibtimes.com/thomas-langenbach-sap-executive-arrested-false-barcode-scheme-resold-stolen-lego-boxes-ebay-699579

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Honestly, if Lego is selling a UCS Star Wars set at 50% off, they just want to get rid of them FAST. Because clearly that is speculator bait.

Like the average selling price today on Bricklink is $180, so that's $80 profit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

smackfu posted:

Honestly, if Lego is selling a UCS Star Wars set at 50% off, they just want to get rid of them FAST. Because clearly that is speculator bait.

Like the average selling price today on Bricklink is $180, so that's $80 profit.

The funny thing is when people bitched about this when it happened, the UCS B-Wing went back up for sale the next day, so it's not like that guy ruined it for 25 eager goons. If the dude wanted to drop $2500 on B-Wings that's his right, and it kept no one from getting one.

edit: if they're only going for $180, that's still $20 under retail

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

For those of you who enjoyed Lego as a kid and then got back into it as an adult, did you incorporate your childhood collection into your adult collection, or did you effectively start from scratch? I have a big tub of Legos from the late 80s/early 90s at my parents house. I'm debating if I should attempt to organize them and rebuild some of the sets (which would likely involve hunting down instructions and buying missing pieces).