Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I made the mistake of looking at that Scarlet twitter and seeing people wanting to marry her. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8Qp_n1ufU

So living story was seriously made up in 2 days by 2 awful people? Jeez no wonder. That actually explains a lot. I'm hopeful for the future though since they seem to acknowledge the living story was not great and they're reworking how they do these updates now.

Liveware
Feb 5, 2014

Lonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8Qp_n1ufU

So living story was seriously made up in 2 days by 2 awful people? Jeez no wonder. That actually explains a lot. I'm hopeful for the future though since they seem to acknowledge the living story was not great and they're reworking how they do these updates now.

They promised a living, breathing, evolving world...

... and by God, they're going to show it by blowing up one hub and replacing it with a functionally replicated but cosmetically different hub.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Jesus people actually respond to the Scarlet Briar twitters.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

It would've been really funny if they destroyed LA, then distributed everything to various other racial cities/etc. Wanna do a fractal? Rata Sum. Mystic forge? Divinity's Reach. And so on.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Lonk posted:

So living story was seriously made up in 2 days by 2 awful people?

This is a surprise?

They say that if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters and give them a million years they'll eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare.

The living story I would rate 1 monkey, 5 minutes.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Jyrraeth posted:

It would've been really funny if they destroyed LA, then distributed everything to various other racial cities/etc. Wanna do a fractal? Rata Sum. Mystic forge? Divinity's Reach. And so on.

This would have been amazing.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Ugh gently caress that, one place thanks.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

SlothBear posted:

This is a surprise?

They say that if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters and give them a million years they'll eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare.

The living story I would rate 1 monkey, 5 minutes.

That's an insult to the monkey.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jyrraeth posted:

It'd be nice if they updated the various racial hometowns so that there's some reason for people to idle do stuff in them. The hometowns don't feel as big if there's no one in them.

Fendahleen
May 21, 2003

WE KNOW THAT YOU CAN HEAR US, EARTH MEN

Lonk posted:

I'm confident there were at least seventeen preexisting volumes of Scarlett Briar erotic fanfiction to cherrypick.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Visidan posted:

Would make sense for them financially, they could sell more of those VIP ticket things. :v:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

^^ dammit.

Visidan posted:

Just think of the quarterly earning next time 1% passes go on sale. IT`S NOT PAY TO WIN IT`S CONVENIENCE :byodame:

Kallaisbananen
Jul 8, 2008
So I recently reinstalled this after not playing more than a few hours around launch and so I wonder how do I get the most joy out of this and is there any EU goons playing?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kallaisbananen posted:

So I recently reinstalled this after not playing more than a few hours around launch and so I wonder how do I get the most joy out of this and is there any EU goons playing?

Deposit everything in bank, delete all characters, transfer to Maguuma, join SFD/that other one.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

And I thought their vine account was bad enough.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Lonk posted:

You'd think Mass Effect 3 taught vidja game developers not to do this!

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Illuyankas posted:

And I thought their vine account was bad enough.

How can you hate this? https://vine.co/v/MZZ1b1mgw0F

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could someone tell me where in that video it says that only 2 people made the LS?

Cause the narrator is trying way to hard to be egoraptor and its annoying.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8Qp_n1ufU&t=280s

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm going to be so smug tomorrow about my 1% area pass after LA is destroyed, it's going to be amazing.

vvv and that one PYRO guy who literally NEVER LEAVES

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 18, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm going to be so smug tomorrow about my 1% area pass after LA is destroyed, it's going to be amazing.

When LA gets nuked, the only survivors will be the handful of Tyrians that had been idling in Divinity's Reach: half a dozen dentists, several goons, and three members of pubbie guild [RED].

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Okay I've been thinking I should look into actually getting some nice dagger skins to go with my necro. I'm currently using the centurion claws or whatever from HoM out of laziness but does anyone have any suggestions for dagger skins that would make me look even more awesome?

Other necromancers need to get on my level :smuggo:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Barring Marjory's daggers returning to the gemstore, Sclerite.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Marjory's dildo daggers would've been perfect for you.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

TA daggers would be good if they were dyeable. Dreamthistle or the new TA path daggers would be nice too.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Is the destruction of LA gonna be a awesome terrible one time event or can it wait till I get home to check it out?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lonk posted:

No Grenth helm? Pfft some necromancer you are :colbert:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

They haven't announced any one time events. It should be around for at least the next two weeks.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Lonk posted:

You wanna say that to my face, punk? :colbert:

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
Completely guessing but it'll probably be the private instance thing that kessex did the first time you enter it and then you'll get kicked to ruined LA or whatever.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Myriad posted:

Completely guessing but it'll probably be the private instance thing that kessex did the first time you enter it and then you'll get kicked to ruined LA or whatever.

Seems likely.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

SSNeoman posted:

I actually wanted to get it but waited too long to grind up some gems for it =(

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
gently caress I need to move my newbies out of LA before tomorrow.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

SSNeoman posted:

Wraith mask or get out :colbert:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ussr posted:

gently caress I need to move my newbies out of LA before tomorrow.

Leave one there, see what happens!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
If you level to 80 in pre searing LA you get a title.

First 30 seconds of the invasion were posted on scarlets facebook. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vR0DhK55G4

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

CLAM DOWN posted:

Leave one there, see what happens!

Probably shunted somewhere else. There'll likely be thousands of people on break / alts who are parked there.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Visidan posted:

If you level to 80 in pre searing LA you get a title.

First 30 seconds of the invasion were posted on scarlets facebook. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vR0DhK55G4

Scarlett's what? Oh gently caress you anet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
If Scarlet is indeed able to be fought to the death by the end of this, we as goons have a moral obligation to finish her off with jars of bees.

• Locked thread