Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mike Danger posted:

I wonder what the logistics of filming up there are like. I'd like to see a "making of" thing for that.
Seriously, how are they not catching any wind noise that high up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They're not going to regularly have musical acts perform out there because, like, tour groups need to use it and poo poo.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah true. Obama went on Fallon's Late Show several times. I just hope he can maintain this abnormal show structure, really, as that would definitely keep things interesting.

Michelle is a guest this week already. I think Fallon has the best booker in late night, because ain't no way a president would ever go on Conan or Craig (either of them, really), but he had Obama on a couple times.

Craig Ferguson is a close second, but only because it seems like once he gets someone on once, they're hooked. Especially pretty lady actresses. I think it's the accent.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

I just hope he can maintain this abnormal show structure, really, as that would definitely keep things interesting.

They're front-loading it weirdly so I doubt it'll be like this regularly. The way they cut to the pre-taped performance almost looked like someone called an audible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah true. Obama went on Fallon's Late Night several times. I just hope he can maintain this abnormal show structure, really, as that would definitely keep things interesting.

I mean he's had Brad Pitt do comedy cameos and Tom Cruise break raw eggs on his head. I love Conan but Conan isn't going to get Tom Cruise breaking eggs on his head no matter what channel or timeslot he's in.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hank hill irl posted:

Because she wasn't there?

What the gently caress, have I developed celebrity face blindness without knowing?

And why in god's name are they playing this music for Denzel?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Yoshifan823 posted:

None of them looked old though.

And seriously, how could you list all of them but not Eva Longoria?
The person who looked closest to Eva Longoria was Kim Kardashian.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Fun fact: I have met exactly one person in my entire life who would identify as a fan of U2.

Well, now you can say you've met two.

I'm not a "YEAH IT'S THE BEST BAND EVER" type but I've got a lot of their songs on my iPhone (three favorites off the top of my head: "Angel of Harlem," "Bad," "One Tree Hill"), and for some reason I've always been able to shrug off Bono's brand of douchebaggery.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is there a band better at song choices for guests than the Roots?

Answer: no

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

The person who looked closest to Eva Longoria was Kim Kardashian.

That must be it.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Video up on Deadspin so we can resolve this

http://deadspin.com/jimmy-fallons-f...dium=socialflow

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How does Will Smith manage to avoid aging?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Scientology :ssh:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scientology. They take all of the aging that their famous celebrities would do, and transfer that to Travolta.

See: Cruise, Tom. Beck.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

The only thing he's worried about in the last ten years is what movie to buy for his son to star in next?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I wonder how Tina Fey and Lindsay Lohan interacted backstage between Mean Girls and the fact that 30 Rock openly made fun of Lohan a few times.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

zakharov posted:

Video up on Deadspin so we can resolve this

http://deadspin.com/jimmy-fallons-f...dium=socialflow

Wow, I didn't realize Rivers was banned from the show until now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I guess if he's a Scientologist, he pays enough to look as good as he does.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hcreight posted:

I wonder how Tina Fey and Lindsay Lohan interacted backstage between Mean Girls and the fact that 30 Rock openly made fun of Lohan a few times.

I think LiLo tries to keep good humor about herself. She's hosted SNL a couple times since then, and she does the occasional "making fun of myself" bit.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wait when did Lohan show up? What the gently caress.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

I know it's not a funny answer but moisturizer is really effective stuff.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I thought it was her ghost at first but I guess she's still alive. She looked strung out as gently caress, even for her. Barely showed her face at all.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The weirdly skinny strawberry blonde in shorts and an overcoat.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

During the cameo onslaught. She looked awful.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Will loving Jada backstage.

Alright.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

When did they decide to move tonight's premiere to midnight? It sounds like nobody on set knew.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

...y'know, actually, I am in fact going to draw the Too Far line ahead of "Jimmy Fallon was watching Will and Jada Smith having sex before the show", but that's me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mother of god, he's one of the best looking 45 year olds in existence.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yoshifan823 posted:

Will loving Jada backstage.

Alright.

I'm pretty sure that's a reference to that story a few years ago about them getting it on everywhere they go.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Skydiving being jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is an old, old joke, and Will Smith just sold the everloving gently caress out of it.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
That set is seriously gorgeous.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mother of god, he's one of the best looking 45 year olds in existence.

Here is a picture of a 51 year old man:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

That set is really pretty.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yoshifan823 posted:

Here is a picture of a 51 year old man:

Well gently caress, Scientology's a hell of a drug.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

That set is seriously gorgeous.

It's about as classic as classic gets.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

hahaha Seth Meyers got Joe Biden y'all

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Huh, Meyers is starting his show off with Lena Dunham and Joe Biden. I don't think they're on the same night, but I'd love to be in the room to hear that conversation. I can't think of two people less equipped to talk to each other.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seth Meyers' first show is probably going to suck a whole lot after seeing Fallon's first show, huh?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

hcreight posted:

hahaha Seth Meyers got Joe Biden y'all

Meyers and Biden gonna shoot the poo poo about cars all night.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Josh Lyman posted:

Scientology :ssh:

Seriously, I thought everybody knew getting to clear gave you superpowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Seth Meyers' first show is probably going to suck a whole lot after seeing Fallon's first show, huh?

As good as he was doing Weekend Update I'd say he's going to be fine. It won't be nearly the same amount of spectacle, to be sure.