Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Your timeline doesn't make sense because that ppv was on a Wednesday and Diesel won the title on the following Saturday, three days later.

poo poo, you're right. That was the last year they did it on a Wednesday. Now I'm confused because I'm 100% CERTAIN they brought up the Diesel replacement before the match happened, but now I can't conceive where and when that was said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Gavok posted:

poo poo, you're right. That was the last year they did it on a Wednesday. Now I'm confused because I'm 100% CERTAIN they brought up the Diesel replacement before the match happened, but now I can't conceive where and when that was said.

My last post got stuck on the end of the last page, but I assume they mentioned it on one of the Saturday morning shows.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Liquid Communism posted:

I could totally buy Vince McMahon as some kind of terrible lich.

Vince will beat the Streak, gain his powers, and become the new Undertaker.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sticklefifer posted:

Vince will beat the Streak, gain his powers, and become the new Undertaker.

Under Titan Towers it looks like the mines in Temple of Doom, and he pulls the hearts of jobbers to gain their life force.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bobkatt013 posted:

Under Titan Towers it looks like the mines in Temple of Doom, and he pulls the hearts of jobbers to gain their life force.

JTG keeps stealing his back, cracking a joke and running away chased by an angry Vince as,"BROOKLYN, BROOKLYN!" plays over phantom speakers.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm curious: What's generally accepted to be the worst WWE PPV of all time?

Also, I'm nowhere near competent enough to make one but would anyone be interested in making a Worst PPVs of All Time thread?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm curious: What's generally accepted to be the worst WWE PPV of all time?

December to Dismember 2006

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

EugeneJ posted:

Probably close to King of the Ring 1995, yeah.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
WrestleMania 4 is two long VHS tapes of boredom.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That's the problem. There's nothing offensively bad on there, it's just a bunch of dull, short tournament matches and a handful of angles.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

EugeneJ posted:

I'm far from an authority on WWF PPVs, but having seen both of these, DtD06 is the worse of the two.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, isn't WM4 the one with Bret trying to smash a non-gimmicked trophy with worked stomps?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Also, isn't WM4 the one with Bret trying to smash a non-gimmicked trophy with worked stomps?

Yes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember the crowd just hilariously deflating when Greg Valentine eliminated Ricky Steamboat. Oh Vince, you and your willingness to gently caress logical booking over a grudge.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I am trying to find those awesome punk vs heyman feud recaps that somebody made last year but cant seem to find the right keywords..

I remember that there were two parts and it was all promos

Anybody happen to have them bookmarked?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheCool69 posted:

I am trying to find those awesome punk vs heyman feud recaps that somebody made last year but cant seem to find the right keywords..

I remember that there were two parts and it was all promos

Anybody happen to have them bookmarked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuUHUm8mL9c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEa8pVV8jhs

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

God these promos were so loving good, it's a drat shame that all most people will remember of it (apart from that MotYC Lesnar match) will be last few months where it got dragged out too long and the mediocre PPV matches with Axel and Ryback.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Punk may be the current Randy Savage.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I hope not, for AJ's sake.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean Vince's reaction to him not that element of Savage.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

I mean Vince's reaction to him not that element of Savage.

Punk would have to do something a lot more drastic to permanently sever the relationship when you look at all the guys Vince has done business with in recent years.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

That's the problem. There's nothing offensively bad on there, it's just a bunch of dull, short tournament matches and a handful of angles.

Rude-Roberts is offensively bad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nut Bunnies posted:

Rude-Roberts is offensively bad

yeah well wrestling is an art which is completely subjective so why dont you eat a few dog turds jabroni

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
When was Cena's last clean loss on a PPV? Within the last six months? There's a box of beer on the line for this one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

XeeD posted:

When was Cena's last clean loss on a PPV? Within the last six months? There's a box of beer on the line for this one.

tlc in december, so two ppvs ago

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001

John Cena posted:

tlc in december, so two ppvs ago

poo poo. Excluding that one cause we all forgot cause we're dumb.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

XeeD posted:

poo poo. Excluding that one cause we all forgot cause we're dumb.

daniel bryan then

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

I had thought AJ didn't care for Punk anymore?

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
How the hell did I end up doubleposting that far apart?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave said on today's show with Bryan that "it's of course not true" that Ron Simmons was the first black world champ as commonly claimed. Who was?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bearcat Wright? Maybe?

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Feb 18, 2014

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I come in and out of wrestling around the rumble every year and just noticed a thing, when the hell did the steel steps stop being two pieces?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Thauros posted:

Dave said on today's show with Bryan that "it's of course not true" that Ron Simmons was the first black world champ as commonly claimed. Who was?

I'm fairly certain Bobo Brazil won the NWA Heavyweight title in the 60's from Buddy Rogers. Not sure of the exact year, but definitely decades before Simmons.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Depends on what you consider black--Ali Baba, one of the earliest world heavyweight champions, was a Kurd raised in California.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brazil won the NWA title but I believe it was one of those unrecognized territorial changes.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bobo Brazil never won an official NWA title but both he and Bearcat Wright were apparently WWA World Heavyweight Champions. Bearcat beat Blassie in '63, and Brazil beat some guy named Buddy Austin in'66. I know Dave's said that the WWA World title was considered a major belt at the time, so I'm assuming that's what he was talking about.

Wiki lists Bearcat as the "First black wrestler to hold a world title in professional wrestling" in the WWA World Heavyweight Championship article.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 18, 2014

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

What was Vince originally ogling at here?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

emjayo posted:

Stacy Keibler auditioning to be his secretary.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

emjayo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI1DcUuBy5k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadman63
Apr 16, 2005

A while back Meltzer mentioned that WWE had changed it's drug testing policy so that they didn't have to dump guys after their third strike. I'm pretty sure he was referencing Orton with this, but I've never heard about him getting another wellness violation, so was it just a pre-emptive thing? And how was the policy changed?