Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

robziel posted:

Before I try it myself when I go home does anyone know if the Original Weapons Renewal mod is compatible with the Sigerours Mod?

The answer is no, not even a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Thanks to the OP and contributes to this thread. I've joined the small legion of folks who picked up the GOG Stalker pack over the weekend and am starting on SoC. This thread takes a lot of the mystery out of the mods, which is a horrific and bizarre Zone unto itself.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 12, 2014

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
After a bit of work getting downgraded to 1.0004 for my steam version, started playing Zone of Alienation over the weekend. The reloading mechanic is kind of neat if a bit of a gimmick, but I don't really see many other differences so far. I also seem to be constantly swimming in full magazines thanks to the military bros, to the point where I had to sell most of it just to avoid over-encumbered.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

robziel posted:

The answer is no, not even a little bit.
There is a weapon pack made for sgm, plus a patch for it, 2.2 basically gives everything better weapons, sure, some poorer guys have bm's or markarovs but everyone seems a lot more tooled up, also, it appears the switch distance is a lot higher, much further than your minimap meaning that people sniping you from far away is a total thing to fear, you want to get your rank up as quickly as possible so traders will sell you better quality gear, slowing, but never stopping you from becoming carrion whenever you poke your head out from a safe place. on the other hand, a worn clear sky suit is amazing after a certain ex clear sky member usually found with some scientists upgrades it. I have also found a couple of seva's so far.
Another sgm tip; the sgm bag stashes are a safe place to put stuff, so, once you have found one in a memorable place you can farm an area for junk to sell/melt.
the monster 6 pack adds (well equipped) female stalkers, however, it also adds bullet sponge deathclaws, aggressive bush insects, bullet sponge cats, a couple of ...things similar to snorks, librarians, (non animated cut stuff that slides around rustling, bullet sponge, use grenades, maybe also in the base sgm, I dunno)
Also there seems to be a bunch of interesting new artefacts, I have so far found two "Black Stones" that are ridiculously o.p.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Looks like Clear Skies/Faction Front just released an update. Gonna install it and try it out

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

For some reason my computer hated 2.2 and I couldn't get it to work at all, so I'm using 2.0. :shrug:

Realted, anyone remember where the Assault Rifle Modifications for Informant are? I started the mission before going to bed and I've completely forgotten where he told me to look. I thought it was the bridge but I just searched it and didn't find anything.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Ddraig, since you're restoring old parts of the storyline, are you familiar with a character named vasily petrovich? I found him chilling in an old secret lab near the scorcher, but I can't figure out where the quest to find him is from. Killing him and taking his PDA finishes a quest I never started.

Edit: Those are thumb nailed but don't click them, imgur made them reaaaaaaally ugly.
Also, the Dead City...

while a pretty area,

is very empty.

And poorly coded. And not very fun.

On the other hand....

:clint:

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 13, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dead City isn't in vanilla is it?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MadBimber posted:

Ddraig, since you're restoring old parts of the storyline, are you familiar with a character named vasily petrovich? I found him chilling in an old secret lab near the scorcher, but I can't figure out where the quest to find him is from. Killing him and taking his PDA finishes a quest I never started.

The quest to find Vasily is actually started in the Dead City. I believe 1.1.5 removes it (or it could be the one that added it, I can't quite remember). When you're talking to the Doctor, he mentions finding a guy in the Dead City who is DOA but contains a PDA pointing towards Vasily.

As far as I can tell, he's a stub character that doesn't really fit in anywhere. I've revamped the Dead City a bit with military and bandits fighting mercs and everyone else. You're sort of caught in the crossfire, but you can at least stop the bandits from killing you if you kill Borov earlier on. Vasily I've put into a small quest.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Ddraig posted:

The quest to find Vasily is actually started in the Dead City. I believe 1.1.5 removes it (or it could be the one that added it, I can't quite remember). When you're talking to the Doctor, he mentions finding a guy in the Dead City who is DOA but contains a PDA pointing towards Vasily.

As far as I can tell, he's a stub character that doesn't really fit in anywhere. I've revamped the Dead City a bit with military and bandits fighting mercs and everyone else. You're sort of caught in the crossfire, but you can at least stop the bandits from killing you if you kill Borov earlier on. Vasily I've put into a small quest.

So uhhh, regarding the areas near the end...

Generators is empty, save for some pseudogiants and chimera. There is no reason to even go near the generators. No cool effects, they don't fire, anything of that sort. Outside the warlab is a token resistance that would be almost insulting, if not for the slog prior to it. And then inside the lab, INVISIBLE ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE?

It's really no wonder all that stuff was cut.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Anybody know if there's a Russian voice with English subtitles add-on out there for SGM 2.1? Best I could find was 1.7 and I'm willing to bet they're not compatible at all.

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008
Is there any particular sound overhaul to go for, in regards to CoP? I saw something called AA mentioned a couple pages back, but searching only gets me results about anti-aliasing.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

Reivax posted:

Is there any particular sound overhaul to go for, in regards to CoP? I saw something called AA mentioned a couple pages back, but searching only gets me results about anti-aliasing.

Sounds like Autumn Aurora, although I've never used it before so I'm not sure.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Hey Ddraig, forgive me if I missed it, but do you have a link to your mod? Would you all still recommend Swartz mod?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I don't think Swartz would recommend Swartz mod anymore. I think the main problem is the wonky radiation system, aside from that it's pretty good still.

I think I might still have a version of the AMK Redux I made a while ago, but I'd have to search for it. The mod I'm currently working on is a bit of a mess at the moment. I'm still having to correct certain spawns so they don't do weird poo poo (like spawning a BTR literally inside the Bar, which is fun but not necessarily conductive to what I'm trying to do)

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

I don't think Swartz would recommend Swartz mod anymore. I think the main problem is the wonky radiation system, aside from that it's pretty good still.

The radiation is part of the problem, the other is I feel I could have made other features better. MSO also makes the AI really buggy.

Mainly though it's because it was sort of a weapons and AI mod and you can get a pretty drat good experience with that by combining Original Weapons Renewal 2 and Pripyat Reborn together.

The newest version of OWR2 doesn't work out-of-the-box with Pripyat Reborn but I'll probably release a compatibility patch for it tomorrow.

--
I'm now working on a new mod after a bit of a break. It's going to be for CS (which I now feel is stable after beating it with SRP latest version).
After working with COP for so long I'm appreciating the modability of CS as it has some features COP removed for some reason.

I'll post a feature list when I'm further along or I'll just make a ModDB page.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Swartz posted:

The newest version of OWR2 doesn't work out-of-the-box with Pripyat Reborn but I'll probably release a compatibility patch for it tomorrow.

gently caress YES. I love the weapons and reload animations in the new OWR, but it still feels a bit too much like vanilla without PR. Not that vanilla COP is a bad thing, I've just played it to death.

I've always wondered why they took out Clear Sky's new NPC combat animations for COP. Blind fire and cover vaulting looked really cool.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

Swartz posted:

I'm now working on a new mod after a bit of a break. It's going to be for CS (which I now feel is stable after beating it with SRP latest version).
After working with COP for so long I'm appreciating the modability of CS as it has some features COP removed for some reason.

I'll post a feature list when I'm further along or I'll just make a ModDB page.
Wow. Are you looking to expand on the faction wars aspect of the game as well, or are you just going to improve the game in general (or maybe both)?

You ought to name your mod "Clearer Skies", just saying.

Or you could just call it "Swartz mod" I guess.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Has anyone here hosed around with Priboi Story?

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Time! posted:

Wow. Are you looking to expand on the faction wars aspect of the game as well, or are you just going to improve the game in general (or maybe both)?

You ought to name your mod "Clearer Skies", just saying.

Or you could just call it "Swartz mod" I guess.

There isn't a whole lot that can be done with the Faction Wars unfortunately. At the time being the only plans I have for faction wars is to make it so once you conquer the main base they stop spawning there permanently and you get a special reward.

Here's a basic list of what I'm thinking for the mod so far:

*Based on newest version of Sky Reclamation Project which fixes many bugs and has an option for reduced grenade spam
*Absolute Nature 2 and SWTC used to make things purty (shaders from SWTC removed since it causes a lovely bloom effect)
*Rulix AI additions merged (AI avoids friendly fire [big problem in CS], hits you with butt of their gun, other crap)
*Full Original Weapons Renewal 2 + addons ported over
*New hand models that go with each suit type
*X-Ray Extensions render dll's included to allow fov console command and grass draw distance console command
*Randomized stashes
*Some features from "Clear Skies": money on corpses, delayed echo from gunfire.

Other features too but I need to see if I can get them working first.

As for the name, I have no idea. I'm pretty lazy which is why I have two mod projects I just named after myself.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 16, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Oh man that sounds awesome!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Clear Sky: Goon Overhaul

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Swartz posted:

As for the name, I have no idea. I'm pretty lazy which is why I have two mod projects I just named after myself.
S.W.A.R.T.Z: Clear Sky

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Cry Sky

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clear Pie

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Roadside Goonsnack

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
Tourist's Delight

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
SWARTZ: Gettin' Chikki Edition

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
S.P.E.R.G.E.R : Friendship is Magic Edition.
S.P.E.R.G.E.R : Sky is not Clear of Grenades.
Loner and the Sky of Grenades.
G.T.A Chernobyl

staberind fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Feb 17, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Doggles Reborn

Because if you don't include them you're a loving monster and will be shunned.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lots of good suggestions. Maybe merge some of them.

How does "Clear Pie: Gettin' Chikki" sound?

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Sounds good, but we need "Clearest" obviously.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
Roadside Psnack: Chikkin Pie

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Is the Swartz/Bangalore stutter-and-other-stuff-improving .dll in the OP still something I should be using? It's set to private at the moment, so I can't download it.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Trustworthy posted:

Is the Swartz/Bangalore stutter-and-other-stuff-improving .dll in the OP still something I should be using? It's set to private at the moment, so I can't download it.

Here's a new version that was written by the main guy, Xetrill: http://bit.ly/1bBmVe9

He updates it periodically at the same link. If there are any changes to it that require anything of the user I'll write about it here.

Put both the luajit and shiny dll's from the release folder in your bin folder after first backing up the luajit dll.

His has better performance too, it truly works with both CS and COP, and it gives more detailed error logs when the game crashes.

I view it as essential to both games.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Now if only someone could fix the stuttering while entering the bar in ShoC. :sigh:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I was wanting to play Clear Sky, but it keeps freezing completely, basically randomly, sometimes when I look at the ground (say, to look for a stash) it will freeze and i have to end the task. I'm running it with the Complete mod, but had the same issue with Clear Skies. Anyone have any experience with this?

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

hopterque posted:

I was wanting to play Clear Sky, but it keeps freezing completely, basically randomly, sometimes when I look at the ground (say, to look for a stash) it will freeze and i have to end the task. I'm running it with the Complete mod, but had the same issue with Clear Skies. Anyone have any experience with this?

I used to have that exact same problem with CS when I played it on Windows Vista. It would also periodically corrupt my save games.

I'm on Windows 8.1 now and it no longer happens.

It's hard for me to think it could have anything to do with OS, but maybe it does. What OS are you running?

Anyway there is no known fix for it unfortunately. CS was not properly bug-tested and took various community patches before it became even somewhat playable.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Swartz posted:

I used to have that exact same problem with CS when I played it on Windows Vista. It would also periodically corrupt my save games.

I'm on Windows 8.1 now and it no longer happens.

It's hard for me to think it could have anything to do with OS, but maybe it does. What OS are you running?

Anyway there is no known fix for it unfortunately. CS was not properly bug-tested and took various community patches before it became even somewhat playable.

I'm on Win7 64, and man, that bums me out, I haven't played through CS in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Do you have Windows update KB2670838 installed? It fucks with all DX10/11 games and if you're not using IE10, it should be uninstalled.