Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Axel makes the same faces I make to get my daughter to laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DannoMack posted:

Having an actual internet championship that is defended on youtube shows like TV titles used to be could actually happen.

It would coincide perfectly with the Network, really. Tape a dark match and some feud segments before regular events once a week and only air it on WWE.com, Youtube, and whatever the Network's Z-show weekly recap is going to be. Mention it on TV but keep it off the air. Though I have a feeling Ryback would be the champion for quite a while.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, a few people had the idea around the time Ryder bought himself the belt, and again when WWE started airing preshow matches on YouTube, but if they didn't do it when they were making a big deal out of the YT channel, they're not going to do it now.

I think part of the reason it was never used was, beyond being an Internet Title, it was styled after Zack Ryder. And WWE HATES Zack Ryder

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big Delts, Big Belts.

WWE Network Championship would be cool. Maybe give the champion their own spotlight on the network.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
You are all discussing the NXT championship.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!
Kinda off topic, but why did WWE hate Ryder and bury him so much? Was it as simple as him taking the initiative to get himself over in a non-WWE controlled way via his Youtube show?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Occupy Japan posted:

Kinda off topic, but why did WWE hate Ryder and bury him so much? Was it as simple as him taking the initiative to get himself over in a non-WWE controlled way via his Youtube show?

Apparently (and I'm basing this on third hand accounts AT BEST!) for all his griping about having something to offer and not getting any chances, he never once actually approached anyone backstage with ideas or questions or suggestions, and just meekly did whatever he was told to do without question. On those few times where WWE did give him time/opportunities he would fail to deliver, though to be fair they also spent lots of time making him look as idiotic as possible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently (and I'm basing this on third hand accounts AT BEST!) for all his griping about having something to offer and not getting any chances, he never once actually approached anyone backstage with ideas or questions or suggestions, and just meekly did whatever he was told to do without question. On those few times where WWE did give him time/opportunities he would fail to deliver, though to be fair they also spent lots of time making him look as idiotic as possible.

On top of that his segments did dismal ratings, his segments hemorrhaged viewers so he wasn't someone who was going to convince them that he had much to offer, lovely booking or not.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It's sad. I thought he was really gonna go somewhere after stuff like this was happening

Edit: Wow, this was an unexpected tweet of a gif I made:

quote:

The Bella Twins ‏@nicoleandbri Feb 10
“@GoatKnee: Nice @nicoleandbri http://i.imgur.com/REGkMFb.gif #RAW”

haha skate shoes have to go! Not made to wrestle in! :( http://pic.twitter.com/uH8jncxIH3

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 18, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Either that or trying to jump off the side of her instead of her back.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Woah, Rob. Easy now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
3:52.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Yeah I like to smoke after working out too if I got weed. feels good

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I think RVD smokes weed, you guys

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Roman Reigns posted:

I think RVD smokes weed, you guys

No no.

He's referencing his Tag Team with Rey Mysterio.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The joke here is that Rob doesn't do cardio.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

The joke here is that Rob doesn't do cardio.

Still better than Batista's

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

Occupy Japan posted:

Toxx Sonnet no. 12 - Boo Hoo Hoo (You Blew It)

He lost the belt to Swagger right away.
You don't remember? Nor do we. It sucked.
Ol' Jack got smashed - John Cena saved the day
And with his gimmick change, the Z was hosed.

'The friend of Cena' Zack Ryder became,
R-Truth's successor (worked so well for him)
Except he got beat up each week by Kane
To redebut the mask, the writers whim.

We thought, post-Ziggler, Ryder was a star.
Now surely only up the card he'd go.
Third wheel in a feud atop the card,
John Cena stole his girlfriend, rapadooo.

From champ to jobber; push that never healed.
Zack Ryder died to turn Eve Torres heel.

Volcano Style fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 22, 2014

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Volcano Style posted:

Toxx Sonnet - Boo Hoo Hoo (You Blew It)

Post like this forever.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Come on Rob you're not even under contract you don't have to maintain your kayfabe gimmick!

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Volcano Style posted:

Toxx Sonnet - Boo Hoo Hoo (You Blew It)

Go and rapadoo don't rhyme, WHAT WOULD LANNY POFFO SAY?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

whatsabattle posted:

Go and rapadoo don't rhyme, WHAT WOULD LANNY POFFO SAY?

If you listen, rapadoo does indeed end on an "oh" sound rather than an "oo" sound.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

maxallen posted:

Come on Rob you're not even under contract you don't have to maintain your kayfabe gimmick!

4:20 live the gimmick erryday

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The burial continues.

Vince McMahon posted:

The #YESMovement continues to expand. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...otball/5583897/ YES! YES! YES!

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/436229319107805184

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Based on the crowd's constant WHAT chants, we've determined that Stone Cold Steven Austin is only "catchphrase over," and to keep his fans from hijacking our show we're going to job him out to Test. Big Boot 18 seconds into his title match will bury him and make Test the star we all knew he could be, it's the perfect plan.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I legitimately wonder if Vince thinks Daniel Bryan is just a phase since now fans are chanting CM Punk and is parading around in victory

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@sonnench 3m
Hey Punk- @mandalaybay is gonna put me in the GANGSTER SUITE if you RT this, so quit being a DIQUE. @cmpunk @mindybrummettlv

Mr. Sonnen is trying to get Punk to come out of twitter exile

also i love it that chael and punk are buds

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I guess the Bellas won the war/Mike Bennett wants an NXT contract.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ryback is doing his job. I'm usually :stare:ing at my twitter feeds during downtimes at work, just in case he launches a new tirade.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

didn't someone just report that Bennett had recently re-upped with ROH along with Cole and the Briscoes

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Jeezus. That's terrifying.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I think you mean incredible.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From this moment on... this will be the moment... starting now... of the Genesis of Zalgo.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
:stonk: That art belongs in SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Clawtis Axel

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

didn't someone just report that Bennett had recently re-upped with ROH along with Cole and the Briscoes

It's because none of them got signed when they had their try outs.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HHH posted:

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
@DeFrancosGym
Oh you can tweet in Latin, you are so badass HHH :jerkbag:

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh you can tweet in Latin, you are so badass HHH :jerkbag:
Dude, you don't get it. Not only is HHH bigger and stronger than everyone else, he's also smarter and better looking and funnier and everyone likes him and is afraid of him at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
VOCARE AD REGNUM