Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
"Ligety split."

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, Barbershop Quartet version of R. Kelly's Ignition Remix on Fallon is incredible :allears:

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
As someone who doesn't know much about Sid Caesar, I really enjoyed Conan's tribute that he did with Mel Brooks. I can't imagine any of the other late night shows being able to get away with doing 40 straight minutes of something like that, but it was really interesting and you could really see Conan's passion pushing through.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah that's true. Now I forget who it was, but some actress was recently on Conan promoting her movie and showed the clip Paul Rudd always shows. It got a good laugh out of me.
It was actually an athlete competing in the Paralympics who doesn't have legs, which really made the bit work. She'd already shown a couple clips of her skiing, and introduced that clip completely straight as another of her runs. It was unexpected, but really funny.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Holy poo poo, Barbershop Quartet version of R. Kelly's Ignition Remix on Fallon is incredible :allears:

Wonder if we're going to get a surprise R. Kelly appearance with Gaga later tonight.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

We're losing him, get me a baseline, stat!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Boy is Jerry Seinfeld unfunny.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Hell yeah, about time somebody took the Postal Service down a notch.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

Yoshifan823 posted:

He started off pretty uneven but he definitely rebounded.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If he makes an honest to god Airplane Food joke, I'm turning off the TV and burning all of my Seinfeld DVDs.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yoshifan823 posted:

It's pretty crazy how such an unfunny stand up comedian starred in my all time favorite TV show. The writing really went a long way.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's pretty crazy how such an unfunny stand up comedian starred in my all time favorite TV show. The writing really went a long way.

I think his comedy was probably a lot fresher when he started out. It's not totally his fault that other people have run his style into the ground, it's just his fault that he's been unable to adapt or comprehend any of the past decade of cultural development.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Larry David is a drat magician.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahahaha, Fallon's new show is SNL

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kristen Wiig is adorable right now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Favorite food?"
"................CARNITAS!"

e: Haha oh my god, now she's singing karaoke to One Direction :swoon:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, does that song really have the same chord progression as Summer Nights?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This Gaga performance is....simultaneously expected and unexpected.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

"Favorite food?"
"................CARNITAS!"

e: Haha oh my god, now she's singing karaoke to One Direction :swoon:

If I'd tuned in in the middle of that I'd have thought it was a Tegan and Sara riff.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Never expected her to perform ARTPOP of all the songs...

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fire whoever put those fake lashes on her.

Otherwise it was really good, but boy those lashes looked off.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh poo poo he still runs through the audience. That's actually really cool I didn't think NBC would let that fly on Tonight.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Yeah, I've kinda been dreading a moment where they're made to change something stupid. Something along the lines of, "It's now 'In the Year 3000' so as not to confuse the old folks..."

Soda Addict
Apr 19, 2003
Insert Something Here

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Oh poo poo he still runs through the audience. That's actually really cool I didn't think NBC would let that fly on Tonight.

I'm wondering how much influence NBC has on the Tonight Show now that Lorne Michaels is producing it instead of NBC.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I wonder if Jimmy is going to call Jerry over to the panel.

Also, Jerry did a Brian Regan impression for a moment.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Sorry to derail Fallonchat but Conan tonight with Mel Brooks celebrating the life and career of Sid Caesar was really fantastic. I know there can't always be a newly-deceased legend to do a deep dive on, but between this and Serious Jibber-Jabber there's a perhaps once-a-week format that could really elevate the show to something special. I say this as a big Conan fan who's been disappointed by the show pretty regularly for maybe a year.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
Conan definitely shines when hes doing something he is passionate about, last night's episode was no exception. I'll be honest, I was never that familiar with Sid Ceaser, but now find myself really interested in learning more and finding more clips from his shows, etc.

Incidently, I think it's exactly because of stuff like this that TBS is the best fit for him, at least of the options available. He has never been reticent over the years about the fact that he was always going head to head with the NBC execs. It was always an uphill battle with them, even until the very end. On the contrary, TBS has embraced him for exactly who he is and more or less given him full creative control. I think he lost some of the magic from the Late Night show, too, but I also think that's only natural as alot of his writers have moved on to bigger things (in large part thanks to their involvement on Late Night, no doubt). Every now and then he will do a bit or something that will really trigger the nostalgia, though, and I'll be left with that warm Classic Conan feeling. Minty the Candy Cane and Puxsatawney Dr. Phil come to mind.

As for Jimmy Fallon on the tonight show? Meh...I could go on for hours about my feelings on the matter. I will say, though, I think we can all agree he is definitely better than Jay Leno.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 19, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rasta_Al posted:

The rare Ferguson musical act.

Those guys are getting a weeklong residency next week.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

He named Team Coco and every time he's on it's incredible, so yes?
Wait, what? The monikor "CoCo" debuted with Twitter Tracker (voiced by writer Brian McCann.)

About 2:40 in

edit

DivisionPost posted:

Technically not true. "Coco" first came from the Twitter Tracker bit that Conan did on his Tonight Show. I can't remember if it was Robert Smigel that provided the roided-out voice for it, but during the inaugural bit, he said "[SOMETHING] A NO-NO FOR COCO?" and the crowd lost it.

But yes, Tom Hanks was the first guest after that, and if he hadn't run with the Coco schtick as throughly as he did, I don't think it would have stuck. So really I'm just picking nits.
Yeah this

edit 2: Speaking of Conan, I just watched last night's episode online. I don't usually see Conan because I just get over the air programming, but holy crap, has his show been in this much of a hurry for a while now? Is there some creative impetus for never letting things breathe going out to and coming back from commercial? He even shortened the opening and cut the episode titles, which were awesome. I really miss the Late Night Conan show, where any given night you could get a nice slow vertical pan of Pender tootin' away at the end of the break.

pwn fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 19, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The game of charades on tonight's Fallon was great. Bradley Cooper, Emma Thompson, Tim McGraw and Jimmy Fallon all playing charades together, and it even turned into a free for all at times. I really like that he uses the musical guests in other parts of the show and not just their performance at the end, even when it's musical guests I don't like (like U2 and Tim McGraw). I hope he keeps doing that kind of thing.

Tomorrow night he has Michelle Obama, Will Ferrell and Arcade Fire, so that's going to be one hell of a show.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Brian Williams rap was brilliant. Maybe I should have watched Fallon's old show cause The Tonight Show is pretty funny so far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pwn posted:

edit 2: Speaking of Conan, I just watched last night's episode online. I don't usually see Conan because I just get over the air programming, but holy crap, has his show been in this much of a hurry for a while now? Is there some creative impetus for never letting things breathe going out to and coming back from commercial? He even shortened the opening and cut the episode titles, which were awesome. I really miss the Late Night Conan show, where any given night you could get a nice slow vertical pan of Pender tootin' away at the end of the break.

They might trim it down for online. They still do titles.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
^^^ No, I actually noticed this last week, too. I thought the intro felt short then I realized they had not titled the episodes. And I watch every episode on tv when it airs. That being said, I haven't really paid attention this week, so I don't know if they are doing them again now. I hope they do, it just feels...off... without them

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

^^^ No, I actually noticed this last week, too. I thought the intro felt short then I realized they had not titled the episodes. And I watch every episode on tv when it airs. That being said, I haven't really paid attention this week, so I don't know if they are doing them again now. I hope they do, it just feels...off... without them

It seems to be a permanent change. I feel like it's been a month without them already. And yes, the whole intro feels strange now because I got so used to the timing over the last 3+ years. The show lately has felt overstuffed and barely able to be cut to fit an hour.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha holy poo poo. Olympic gold medalist snowboarder Sage Kotsenburg was on Conan tonight and brought his medal with him, and he had tweeted right after winning the medal that he wished Sochi medals were made out of bacon, so Conan had a bacon medal made for him and Sage took a bite out of his bacon medal on the show :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo, Jimmy Fallon is officially a great Tonight Show host because he's doing a skit with Will Ferrell and Michelle Obama :aaaaa:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Just turned on the teevee, is this lady on Fallon the new SNL cast member?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

God, Michelle Obama has such a good fashion sense. I don't think any First Lady has ever looked as good as her.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

God, Michelle Obama has such a good fashion sense. I don't think any First Lady has ever looked as good as her.

She is an incredibly classy lady. :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Christ, she's 50?! She looks so much younger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jackie O says hi.

(Joke response: Marilyn Monroe)

(Super Joke response: Hillary Clinton)

(Super Super Joke response: she's got 3 years until Bill takes over "most stylish First Lady")