Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

sticklefifer posted:

What exactly stops :filez: people from getting the free trial, ripping everything, then not subscribing? Is there some kind of block that places like Netflix and Hulu Plus use for that stuff, or do they just think it's not enough of a problem to care?

I imagine there's DRM but who would go through the hassle of ripping everything? All the PPVs are already on torrents. Same with most wrestling shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

sticklefifer posted:

What exactly stops :filez: people from getting the free trial, ripping everything, then not subscribing? Is there some kind of block that places like Netflix and Hulu Plus use for that stuff, or do they just think it's not enough of a problem to care?

There's low level blocks, but past that it's literally easier to pay 10 bucks, which is the Netflix strategy: They pursue products people steal specifically because people would rather pay and stream.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

sticklefifer posted:

The draw isn't Legends House or old poo poo for most people, it's the live PPVs.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I'm pretty certain they said that things will be added once they air, like PPVs or NXT, but does this include the original shows like Legends House?

will every ep of the Network shows be up from the start? or will each episode be available once they have their first scheduled airing, like at a regular timeslot every week?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Chewy Bitems posted:

I'm pretty certain they said that things will be added once they air, like PPVs or NXT, but does this include the original shows like Legends House?

will every ep of the Network shows be up from the start? or will each episode be available once they have their first scheduled airing, like at a regular timeslot every week?

Like a TV show that airs, and is then on Hulu. Scheduled airing, and then On Demand shortly after.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Batista posted:

Like a TV show that airs, and is then on Hulu. Scheduled airing, and then On Demand shortly after.
ah right, that makes sense, thanks man. Was mainly wondering if they'd just throw all of Legends House out there straight away sice they've been sitting on it for a couple years.

Wonder if they'll do any other shows like Legends House (or more series of it) as it seems quite a bit more expensive than the other Network shows that seem to be all old clips and interviews.

Really looking forward to finding out more about the documentry series that Regal said he was being filmed for that suggested some kind of career retrospective series perhaps.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I think the biggest concern at this point is how much traffic there is going to be on the site at 9 am on Monday, I am almost willing to bet there is going to be some problems with sign up because of how many people are going to be signing up

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Yeah, I was talking to a co-worker about this and I said that my biggest worry wasn't the media streaming system, but rather the payment system crashing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So at the moment I don't have a console or tablet that will carry the Network, or TV media player, and watching wrestling on my phone seems kind of dumb. The most info I can find for watching it on my PC is "WWE Network will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com", but does anyone know what that entails yet? It seems like the interface would have to be a little different for that kind of content delivery, since it's accessed via website. Is it even Windows 7 compatible or are they going fully into Windows 8 with it?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sticklefifer posted:

So at the moment I don't have a console or tablet that will carry the Network, or TV media player, and watching wrestling on my phone seems kind of dumb. The most info I can find for watching it on my PC is "WWE Network will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com", but does anyone know what that entails yet? It seems like the interface would have to be a little different for that kind of content delivery, since it's accessed via website. Is it even Windows 7 compatible or are they going fully into Windows 8 with it?

I'm sure it'll work just like Netflix does. Big icons you click.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 19, 2014

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Xenoletum posted:

Yeah, I was talking to a co-worker about this and I said that my biggest worry wasn't the media streaming system, but rather the payment system crashing.

That's exactly what I was thinking and for that reason I feel like they should have started sign ups on monday of this week, or at the latest let people sign up during the weekend then once it goes live at 9 am on monday there isn't such a crazy rush of people trying to get in on that

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Brokenogre posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking and for that reason I feel like they should have started sign ups on monday of this week, or at the latest let people sign up during the weekend then once it goes live at 9 am on monday there isn't such a crazy rush of people trying to get in on that

I'm more concerned about it crashing during Wrestlemania. I'm thinking of signing up and inviting some friends over for the PPV. It would really suck to have them all show up, and then we can't watch it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

The Grey posted:

I'm more concerned about it crashing during Wrestlemania. I'm thinking of signing up and inviting some friends over for the PPV. It would really suck to have them all show up, and then we can't watch it.

MLBAM is handling the technical side. MLBAM has regular programming that gets more viewers than Wrestlemania such as streaming the Olympics, NCAA Basketball tournament, and Opening Day. Very rarely did they have problems on their end with these events. If there is a crash, it should be like Xenoletum said and it'd be on WWE's side on sign up.

I feel like that should be pinned in OP because that question is getting asked every page.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The Grey posted:

Considering that this is the WWE's biggest gamble in forever, you better believe they're going to have everything set up to run smoothly.

It's not like this is the regular lovely WWE.com stream that (barely) supplements their PPV income. This is what they want to use to replace their PPV model. If they gently caress this one up, they have wasted the last 3 or so years and flushed all that money down the toilet.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
As someone who's used MLB At Bat for a couple of years, I can't say enough about the quality of their streaming. WWE will not have any issues on that front.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Added new information to the OP, including notes about editing and MLBAM.

Also:

:siren: ONLY 5 DAYS AWAY!! :siren:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I really hope my VPN will work with this come time for Wrestlemania. I don't want to pay for another lovely WWE.com stream that will die on me.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah I'm really interested to see how this all can work so that I can either buy a sub from the UK through technical wizardry or maybe go halves on someone elses sub if they allow 2 users/account

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
For those foreign goons (USA! USA! USA!), it seems like Hola should do the trick, and for free, too. Just install it and click the glorious American flag.

(If it's the issue of payment, then... maybe Paypal?)

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm surprised Canada isn't launching at the same time the US is

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why they have different contractual and licensing obligations

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

Red posted:

For those foreign goons (USA! USA! USA!), it seems like Hola should do the trick, and for free, too. Just install it and click the glorious American flag.

(If it's the issue of payment, then... maybe Paypal?)

Thanks for this, will check it out come Monday and see what happens.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm actually about to buy one of the lower-tier Roku models just so I can have WWE Network on my old SDTV in the bedroom. Main TV in the living room is already covered with Apple TV (or PS3, in the baffling event they don't have a native ATV app). Gonna own! :woop:

Do we know if the 2 simultaneous logins will only apply to actual active use? Like, I'm wondering if I could be logged into my Apple TV, Roku, iPhone, and a web browser, as long as two of those aren't actually using the service at the same time. Or, in that scenario, would I not be able to watch something on my phone unless I go home and sign out of the Roku first?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Minidust posted:

I'm actually about to buy one of the lower-tier Roku models just so I can have WWE Network on my old SDTV in the bedroom. Main TV in the living room is already covered with Apple TV (or PS3, in the baffling event they don't have a native ATV app). Gonna own! :woop:

Do we know if the 2 simultaneous logins will only apply to actual active use? Like, I'm wondering if I could be logged into my Apple TV, Roku, iPhone, and a web browser, as long as two of those aren't actually using the service at the same time. Or, in that scenario, would I not be able to watch something on my phone unless I go home and sign out of the Roku first?

We have no idea how it's actually going to work. Shouldn't take long to find out once it launches though!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Batista posted:

We have no idea how it's actually going to work. Shouldn't take long to find out once it launches though!

How about an OP list of devices confirmed to carry the network, along with other devices that won't? (RIP Wii U)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Red posted:

How about an OP list of devices confirmed to carry the network, along with other devices that won't? (RIP Wii U)

Done. Good suggestion. Didn't see a reason to discuss what won't work though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Batista posted:

Didn't see a reason to discuss what won't work though.

Prevent us Wii U owners from having false hopes.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Red posted:

Prevent us Wii U owners from having false hopes.

I have a Wii U too, good game system. Maybe PlayOn will update for the Network? Not the best solution, but one nonetheless.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TL posted:

As someone who's used MLB At Bat for a couple of years, I can't say enough about the quality of their streaming. WWE will not have any issues on that front.

This cannot be stressed enough. They are the absolute elite in this regard. There is not a single entity in existence that is better.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

$10 a month for all the PPVs is still the best part for me. I've kinda stopped watching the current stuff even though I lurk the weekly threads and and am least up to date... but having the ability to watch current PPV's should be nice as well. I can hopefully get rid of some of the DVD's I have sitting around.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
New Press release with new information about the schedule and previously unannounced programming.

WWE posted:

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, has unveiled its programming lineup, which is highlighted by WrestleMania® 30 on Sunday, April 6 at 7 pm ET live from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

In addition, for the first time ever, the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air live in its entirety on Saturday, April 5 at 9 pm ET on WWE Network. This year’s current inductees include The Ultimate Warrior, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Lita. A one-hour special will also air on USA Network on Monday, April 7, immediately following Monday Night Raw®.

WWE Network will officially launch on Monday, February 24 at 9 am ET and fans will instantly have access to live programming and the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library upon signing up exclusively at WWE.com.

WWE Network will be available through the WWE App on TV via connected devices including Roku streaming devices, Sony PlayStation® 3, Sony PlayStation® 4 and Xbox 360. WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on iOS devices, including Apple iPad and iPhone, Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices and Android devices, as well as on desktops and laptops via WWE.com.

The programming line-up on WWE Network includes:

WrestleMania 30

WWE’s pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania 30, will air live on Sunday, April 6 at 7 pm ET from New Orleans. More than 70,000 fans from all 50 states and more than 30 countries are expected to converge on the Mercedes-Benz Superdome with millions more watching around the world. Current WWE Superstars will be joined by a host of WWE Legends for a celebration 30 years in the making.

WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

For the first time ever, the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air live in its entirety on WWE Network on Saturday, April 5 at 9 pm ET from the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. This year’s current inductees include The Ultimate Warrior, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Lita.

Live Monday Night Raw Pre-Show and WWE Raw Backstage Pass

A live, 30-minute Raw Pre-Show will air each week and premieres on Monday, February 24 at 7:30 pm ET.

WWE Raw Backstage Pass will air live each week immediately following Monday Night Raw, providing analysis of the night’s action and exclusive backstage interviews. The premiere will air on Monday, February 24 at 11:05 pm ET.

Friday Night SmackDown® Pre-Show and WWE SmackDown Backstage Pass

A 30-minute pre-show for SmackDown will air each week and premieres on Friday, February 28 at 7:30 pm ET.

WWE SmackDown Backstage Pass will air each week immediately following SmackDown, providing analysis of the night’s action and exclusive backstage interviews. The premiere will air on Friday, February 28 at 10 pm ET.

WrestleMania® Rewind

WrestleMania® Rewind will provide fans with a comprehensive look back at the most groundbreaking matches and dramatic moments in WrestleMania history. The series premieres on Tuesday, February 25 at 9 pm ET with a sneak peek on Monday, February 24 at 9 am ET.

WWE Countdown™

A one-hour, groundbreaking, interactive, countdown series that will put the power squarely in viewers’ hands by giving the audience the chance to discuss and rank WWE’s most spectacular Superstars, unexpected moments, best catch phrases and more through digital polling and social media interaction. The series premieres on Tuesday, February 25 at 10 pm ET with a sneak peek on Monday, February 24 at 10 am ET.

WWE Legends’ House™

WWE’s greatest Legends reunite for a new title – only this time, they’re competing outside of the ring. Imagine a beautiful house in the suburbs – perfectly furnished, with gorgeous landscaping, a lovely pool and quiet, respectable neighbors. WWE Superstars from the past including Rowdy Roddy Piper, Tony Atlas and Hacksaw Jim Duggan will turn the neighborhood upside down as the house staff tries their best to keep these Legends on time, on speaking terms, and out of trouble in this new reality show. The series premieres on Thursday, April 10 at 8 pm ET.

This is NXT®

A one-hour special that will take viewers inside the action-packed world of tomorrow’s WWE’s Superstars as they aspire to become the future of WWE. Featuring behind-the-scenes moments and in-ring action from WWE’s Performance Center, fans will get up close and personal with the next generation of Superstars. The series premieres on Monday, February 24 at 11 am ET.

NXT ArRival™

WWE Network’s first live in-ring event will air on Thursday, February 27 at 8 pm ET. The live special will showcase the brightest and best of WWE’s rising stars from WWE’s Performance Center, as well as appearances by WWE Superstars John Cena®, Sheamus®, The New Age Outlaws and WWE Legends Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

Thirty minutes prior to the event, the NXT ArRival Pre-Show will air at 7:30 pm ET and include exclusive interviews and appearances by NXT Superstars, WWE Superstars and Legends.

WWE NXT®

Each Thursday at 9 pm ET, WWE Superstars and Divas of tomorrow face off on WWE NXT, a one-hour, weekly show that features the brightest and best of WWE’s rising stars. WWE NXT showcases the Superstars and Divas from WWE’s Performance Center as well as appearances from WWE Superstars and Legends in an intimate setting. WWE NXT broadcasts from the state-of-the-art Full Sail LIVE venue on the Full Sail University campus in Orlando, Florida. The series premieres on Thursday, March 6 at 9 pm ET.

WWE Superstars®

A one-hour, weekly show highlighting the best of WWE Superstars and Divas in heart-pounding matches. The show will also feature highlights from all WWE programming, as well as a special glimpse at everything going on in the WWE Universe. The series premieres on Thursday, February 27 at 10 pm ET.

Beyond the Ring™

An all-access pass to the fast-paced action of WWE’s home video library. With classic matches and groundbreaking biographies of WWE Legends, fans will have all the action from WCW®, AWA®, ECW® and WWE right at their fingertips. The series premieres on Saturday, March 1 at 8 pm ET.

Best of Raw

Every Wednesday at 9 pm ET, Best of Raw will feature the most memorable episodes from the longest-running weekly episodic show in television history. Each week, see some of the most incredible matches and controversial moments featured over the years on Monday Night Raw. The series premieres at a special date and time on Thursday, February 27 at 4:30 pm ET.

Best of SmackDown

For more than a decade, Friday Night SmackDown has brought amazing action and memorable moments to the WWE Universe. On Saturdays at 1 pm ET, WWE Network will showcase the most exciting episodes of SmackDown. The series premieres on Saturday, March 1 at 1 pm ET.

Expansive Video-On-Demand Library

In addition to live and original programming, fans will have access to the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library the instant they subscribe. WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as encores of Raw and SmackDown® totaling more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
How does payment work? I know it locks you in for a 6 month commitment, but do they want $60 outright or $9.99 a month recurring? Or is it a choice of billing style?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Shima Honnou posted:

How does payment work? I know it locks you in for a 6 month commitment, but do they want $60 outright or $9.99 a month recurring? Or is it a choice of billing style?

From what I understand, you will have a choice to pay the $60 up front or the $10 per month. They will accept credit cards and Paypal.

Updated the OP with all of the new show information released today, updated the other shows with airing schedules where applicable.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
If there's one thing I wanted, it's a 30 min pre-show plus a post-show after a 3-hour Raw! Thanks WWE Network

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Looking forward to the Wrestlemania Rewind of Headcheese vs T&A

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How are they offering "Sneak Peaks" of WrestleMania Rewind and Countdown Monday morning if the network launches Monday night?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Astro7x posted:

How are they offering "Sneak Peaks" of WrestleMania Rewind and Countdown Monday morning if the network launches Monday night?

It launches Monday morning at 9AM EST.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

triplexpac posted:

If there's one thing I wanted, it's a 30 min pre-show plus a post-show after a 3-hour Raw! Thanks WWE Network

That's what I dont get. RAW is already longer than most PPVs, AND is loses viewers every week, and there is Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars, NXT, the webshows, THE APP, etc. How many people are there that will say 'gosh darn, I just dont have enough WWE in my life'?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Batista posted:

It launches Monday morning at 9AM EST.

Ah, countdown clock confirms this. I thought it was launching immediately following Raw the day after Elimination Chamber.

Meat Recital posted:

That's what I dont get. RAW is already longer than most PPVs, AND is loses viewers every week, and there is Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars, NXT, the webshows, THE APP, etc. How many people are there that will say 'gosh darn, I just dont have enough WWE in my life'?

I think it's less about people watching it and moreso about it being easy original exclusive content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Astro7x posted:

Ah, countdown clock confirms this. I thought it was launching immediately following Raw the day after Elimination Chamber.

That was the idea, but they moved it to Monday morning for some reason.