Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

paragon1 posted:

I hope us owning a male and female cow mean that we will eventually be able to enact Project Cowlord.

Why can't we do Project Weedlord and Project Cowlord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Scream random words until you've recited every literary work ever, including this thread.

Follow up with every literary work never, including each alternate version of this thread where the votes went differently.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ArbitraryTA posted:

Why can't we do Project Weedlord and Project Cowlord

Who says we can't? They're probably some sort of heretic.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

HBar posted:

Scream random words until you've recited every literary work ever, including this thread.

Follow up with every literary work never, including each alternate version of this thread where the votes went differently.

Then do it again, backwards.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Now that we have goats, I wonder if Azz will decide to come visit us every once in awhile.

Also, has it registered with anyone that we've doubled the number of slaves (plus or minus 1) we own? We've got Team Claydiggers, and now Team Livestock.

Also: Question for Diog: What will Jalitha's living situation be? Will she stay at Tudiya's since she's the head of his kitchen staff, or does she move in with us since we're her son and therefore responsible for her?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

the_steve posted:

Also: Question for Diog: What will Jalitha's living situation be? Will she stay at Tudiya's since she's the head of his kitchen staff, or does she move in with us since we're her son and therefore responsible for her?

Likely the latter, given what we heard about males caring for unmarried female relatives. Especially since we are likely closer to a position to finance a mom run seaweed cake factory/inn.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Likely the latter, given what we heard about males caring for unmarried female relatives. Especially since we are likely closer to a position to finance a mom run seaweed cake factory/inn.

That's what I'm thinking too, since as far as in-game is concerned, we own her.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a minivote to decide though.

I'm figuring as far as household residents go, we're going to have:
- Ourselves. Duh.
- Naomi. Also duh.
- Snarls. The final duh.
- The slaves that came with our livestock.
- Danal. He may not officially live with us, but I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a lot of time hanging out.
- Jalitha - Probably, as mentioned above.

We should finish the Dong Jar and keep it as a family heirloom.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We should sell the dong jar and buy a better, less bio-hazardy family heirloom. Also: Heirs may end up being hard to come by.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

the_steve posted:

That's what I'm thinking too, since as far as in-game is concerned, we own her.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a minivote to decide though.

I'm figuring as far as household residents go, we're going to have:
- Ourselves. Duh.
- Naomi. Also duh.
- Snarls. The final duh.
- The slaves that came with our livestock.
- Danal. He may not officially live with us, but I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a lot of time hanging out.
- Jalitha - Probably, as mentioned above.

We should finish the Dong Jar and keep it as a family heirloom.

- Asahel probably
- Paebel might be a similar category as Danal

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
If Tudiya allows us, we should definitely sell the Dong Jar. To Indor.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sogol posted:

- Asahel probably

I'd be cool with Billy hanging around as long as he lost the slave brands like we think he possibly may have.
If he hasn't, it's probably safer for him to stay with Paebel, since we're higher profile and he'll be way more likely to be noticed in our house.

I doubt Indor will have any use for our dong jar. Fresh monster wang, she could probably work with, but ours are pretty old. Hell, not counting the ogre one we just got, our freshest one is at least 2 months old and poorly preserved.
Whoever buys it is likely going more for novelty value than any actual practical use.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Sogol posted:

- Asahel probably

You forgot Puabi

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
While we wait for the update, have this video of Azzazel frolicking with his buddies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-atNakMWw

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

I move that we keep the single highest-quality (largest, for the most part) foreskin of each species we've gotten foreskins from just as personal trophies. It'll be our weird thing. But for the most part we should sell the foreskins.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

I think people will notice who gets sold The Tip Jar. And besides, would Indor even want it?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

paragon1 posted:

I think people will notice who gets sold The Tip Jar. And besides, would Indor even want it?

I think she's mentioned some foreskins being useful for potions, though not which. I'd presume goblin foreskins, the majority of the jar, wouldn't count for much. Agreed on it being a bit suspicious if she suddenly ends up with a big ol' jar of foreskins, though. Also for what it's worth, I think it's been mentioned that the Tip Jar will be considered more valuable as a whole collection by those seeking rare and exotic sacrifices - Indor presumably wouldn't give a drat about that.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

We take our Balls out on another excursion. Get the 100 foreskins and give it to daddy anyway. Get fresher monster bits for Indor.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I don't know if Diog or Sojenus are answering questions about Elesian society, but I have a question(s).

QUESTION(s): Please make a cultural bonus update about adoption or answer my question. How does adoption work? Do we go to the slave market? Do we put out an ad? Do we go to farmers or families with too many mouths to feed? Do we go to an orphanage at the temple of El? Do we make a contract in clay? What age are adoptees usually?

I guess Sojenus can answer the question or talk about adoption in his abyss dictatorship.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Obviously we need to venture forth into demon-claimed lands and rescue a child from cannibals. Thus the cycle can continue.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The solution is clear: Adopt a demon as our child.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Obviously we need to venture forth into demon-claimed lands and rescue a child from cannibals. Thus the cycle can continue.

That would be awesome.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Totally down for going back to Athar.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Right, to eat it ourselves. I assume, any other interpretation of this order wouldn't work. :confused:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Slaan posted:

Right, to eat it ourselves. I assume, any other interpretation of this order wouldn't work. :confused:

Or let it eat us.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Mr. Wednesday posted:

You know, I think I'd be fine with us raising a brood of demon-saved children.

That being said, there is one practical issue - we went along with Tudiya somewhat grudgingly only because our nanny who was consistently nice to us raised with tales of El, our father was abusive, and the other kids at the village unfriendly, and STILL we had a crisis of faith that eventually resulted in our attempting to summon the power of Asherah, not to mention lingering urges to eat our first real friend and whatnot.

How do we stop that from happening when we go out to essentially kidnap a kid who presumably was not raised by an El-worshiper and who might actually have close ties to their community?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tomn posted:

You know, I think I'd be fine with us raising a brood of demon-saved children.

That being said, there is one practical issue - we went along with Tudiya somewhat grudgingly only because our nanny who was consistently nice to us raised with tales of El, our father was abusive, and the other kids at the village unfriendly, and STILL we had a crisis of faith that eventually resulted in our attempting to summon the power of Asherah, not to mention lingering urges to eat our first real friend and whatnot.

How do we stop that from happening when we go out to essentially kidnap a kid who presumably was not raised by an El-worshiper and who might actually have close ties to their community?

Horrible nightmare visions in which everyone you've ever known and love are long dead because of you refusing to make drastic and permanent life choices at the spur of a moment seem to be pretty effective.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

the_steve posted:

Horrible nightmare visions in which everyone you've ever known and love are long dead because of you refusing to make drastic and permanent life choices at the spur of a moment seem to be pretty effective.

I'm sure if we can't do it yet, our good friend Ishmael will oblige.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Enkidel, the actual bogeyman. I'm down with that. I think giving children nightmares for their own good is a just and righteous thing. Afterall, Smatass did it, so it must be right and good.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Enkidel, the actual bogeyman. I'm down with that. I think giving children nightmares for their own good is a just and righteous thing. Afterall, Smatass did it, so it must be right and good.

Who said anything about "their own good"?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
We could pray to El to help us find a child that would benefit most from being adopted by us. He seems pretty responsive when we pray for selfless things.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Adopt Billy.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Gather all children of Zepath under the age of 4 in the main square. Slave, non-slave, all children. Have them stand in a circle, with us in the middle.

Throw our lucky knife as high as we can in the air, and whomever the knife points at is now our child.

If the knife hits a child, truly El is showing us he grants us favor in our selection!

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Task Manager posted:

Gather all children of Zepath under the age of 4 in the main square. Slave, non-slave, all children. Have them stand in a circle, with us in the middle.

Throw our lucky knife as high as we can in the air, and whomever the knife points at is now our child.

If the knife hits a child, truly El is showing us he grants us favor in our selection!

Voting for this, except with our spermless semen instead of a knife.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I thought the Ophanim did not want us to have kids, but after reading this, I think they wanted to keep us away from all children.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Dude, this is not lolrandom goon shenanigans, this is creepy.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -