Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's a pretty famous quote, FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Well, that makes it less pretentious.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
He's still a douche for tweeting it.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

DM Punk posted:

Jeezus. That's terrifying.

Attack on Ryback

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Perfidus posted:

He's still a douche for tweeting it.
The only way he could be douchier is if he quoted Caesar with "I came, I saw, I conquered", but he's saving that for when he buries Daniel Bryan even more :v:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Triple H has a pretty elite twitter game, you should all recognize.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

DM Punk posted:

Ryback sure is looking pretty impoverished in there. I think we need to feed him more, guys.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
The dude next to him is clearly TAKA Michinoku. It all makes sense.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Triple H is just a giant nerd trapped in a super muscleman body. Like the real life version of the guy from Brutal Legend. I find it endearing.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh you can tweet in Latin, you are so badass HHH :jerkbag:

Quaddus Snappus Steroidium.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!

Mystery Opponent posted:

The dude next to him is clearly TAKA Michinoku. It all makes sense.

BIG GUY
KAI EN TAI

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Attack on Ryback

Haha, nice.

I like this direction Ryback is going in, more please. Feed me more.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

KungFu Grip posted:

It's because none of them got signed when they had their try outs.

So she thinks the Bellas had something to do with that? I mean... Maybe? They are linked with some of the WWEs biggest stars...

Stallion Cabana posted:

Attack on Ryback

Quick, someone find an angry cruiserweight, have him bite his thumb and start Rage-MMAing giants!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was heavily implied that AJ's pipebomb thing was never followed up on because the Bellas complained.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Sanguinia posted:

Triple H is just a giant nerd trapped in a super muscleman body. Like the real life version of the guy from Brutal Legend. I find it endearing.

There was some REALLY BAD MadTV (iirc) skit where he was a screechy-voiced nerd and was completely natural in the role, so maybe you're onto something.

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
HHH needs to tweet "Quo Vadis" before he comes out to cut promos.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HHH's tron should say Victory Ad Nauseum

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Hic venit in rutrum

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
interpretatus est fun

It's time to play the game!!!

(drat translations, first word should be translating, i.e. google tranlsate hah)

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 20, 2014

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Perfidus posted:

VOCARE AD REGNUM

This bothers me because I'm pretty sure it's utterly mangled Latin.

"Vocare" means "to call" or "to hail", but "Hail to the King" is phrased as an order or instruction, in which case it should be "voca" if you're addressing an individual or "vocate" if you're addressing multiple people.

A better verb to use would be "salutare" which means "to hail" or "to salute" which fits better with the meaning of the English phrase, so phrased as an order it would be "salutate"

"Regnum" doesn't mean king, it means kingship or reign. Hence "interregnum" meaning "between reigns". You don't need "ad" there because it implies motion towards something, "ad regnum" literally means "towards the reign" which is nonsense.

King in Latin is "rex", and "to the king" in this context would be "regem".

So the phrase should be "salutate regem" or "regem salutate" but I'm guessing they just used Google translate or something. I quite like it though since every time it shows up it makes HHH look like a tryhard idiot.

Note: it's been a long time since I studied Latin so some or all of this might be wrong, which would make me the tryhard idiot.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I wonder what kind of workout routine Hunter does these days

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
People called Romane, they go to the house?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Meanwhile, in less nerdy news:

"Big E [s posted:

Langston[/s]"]
Baby's got a new @WWEShop shirt and Momma's (@WWEAJLee ) still Momma.
http://instagram.com/p/kpb3J9ioDO/

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Big E is my favorite wrestleman.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

ChampRamp posted:

I wonder what kind of workout routine Hunter does these days
One in each buttcheek, 1000 bench presses.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
How does he snap so loud

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Why am I suddenly hearing dueling banjos in the background when I look at that picture :ohdear:...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

Why am I suddenly hearing dueling banjos in the background when I look at that picture :ohdear:...

it kinda reminds me of the bodies they found piled up in Auschwitz.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Onmi posted:

So she thinks the Bellas had something to do with that? I mean... Maybe? They are linked with some of the WWEs biggest stars...

Maria claims she was going to be brought back to WWE with some other former Divas for a WM match but that the Bellas blocked it. Maria claims that Nikki has a problem with her because she was dancing one time with Ziggler while Ziggler and Nikki were dating, or some high school nonsense like that. Bellas have alluded to not liking Maria and her being vaguely slutty but haven't actually said anything. Then a week or so ago I even read that the Bellas dad contacted Maria and ended up fighting with her dad. So if anything I'd guess that might be why Maria is saying "let's squash this." Its kind of high school bullshit but I guess Maria was really upset because she claims it cost her a contract that she was fairly deep into making happen.

And yeah, recently it was rumored that the Bellas didn't like AJ's promo on them which is why it went nowhere. But who knows? Things going nowhere in wwe is pretty common. But there might be a little something to the "Bellas: Political Players" theory.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I could see the WWE bowing to Nikki's wishes while she's dating Cena, and probably Brie while she's with Bryan to a lesser extent. Even if Cena or Bryan wouldn't make a fuss, they probably don't really care about the Divas division and would rather just keep the girlfriends of their two top guys happy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I mean the Bellas are also the top-line stars of their B-show.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

epitasis posted:

I mean the Bellas are also the top-line stars of their B-show.

The JBL and Cole show?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

I could see the WWE bowing to Nikki's wishes while she's dating Cena, and probably Brie while she's with Bryan to a lesser extent. Even if Cena or Bryan wouldn't make a fuss, they probably don't really care about the Divas division and would rather just keep the girlfriends of their two top guys happy.

Yeah, I doubt the Bellas are power brokers or anything but if they're willing to cause a fit then WWE probably just doesn't want to rock the boat with Cena/Bryan/Total Divas for something as inconsequential to them as Maria or AJ.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Having someone the audience cheers for telling the audience you hosed your way to the top of the food chain is pretty understandably a sore subject. I don't really blame The Bellas for not liking where that AJ angle was headed if that really was the reason it went nowhere.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

Having someone the audience cheers for telling the audience you hosed your way to the top of the food chain is pretty understandably a sore subject. I don't really blame The Bellas for not liking where that AJ angle was headed if that really was the reason it went nowhere.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit sick of "pipe bomb" style shoot promos. Feels a bit lazy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Incorporating things perceived or believed to be true into a worked promo meant to enhance drama for a show =/= a shoot promo and is kind of the foundation of pro wrestling angles. Also that was like the second one in five years so.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

epitasis posted:

Incorporating things perceived or believed to be true into a worked promo meant to enhance drama for a show =/= a shoot promo and is kind of the foundation of pro wrestling angles. Also that was like the second one in five years so.

I'm lumping in Dolph Ziggler ranting about people telling him he's too small/fast and Miz going out there to bitch about his push with the AJ promo. Stuff like that, I'm just kind of over it. It worked awesome with Punk, but it still feels too soon to be doing anything like it again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoy worked shoots but I think the key to them is that they mean something. Punk worked because it kicked off all that followed including a new character and the Summer of. Punk. Joey Styles' one years ago worked because it lead to One Night Stand/ECW. AJ's could have worked but it had no follow up so it feels cheap and kind of devalues the entire idea. Ziggler doing one on the WWE App and Miz cutting one during a match that was placed so weirdly I couldn't even find it on my recording feel cheap because they are. Do enough of that cheap crap with no real gravitas and pretty soon you're Vince Russo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, there's a line between calling Hogan 'Terry' and 'Cane Dewey'. It's not about having shoot-style comments, it's about using them in a way that adds to the story on screen and in the ring, rather than to show how fake everything else is, or how cool and 'smart' the booker is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
No, they're just really dumb. WWE is a television show that exists in its own universe. Calling attention to stuff that exists outside of what's shown kills the suspension of disbelief.

I though the original pipe bomb promo was garbage because even though it was delivered well, it made NO sense within the story that had been told or frankly any of WWE. It was like Jax on Sons of Anarchy bitching about how bad the writing has gotten.