Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

EnsGDT posted:

hurp durp spoilers

Some people try to stay in the dark about what's in store for future episodes- themes and guest stars and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think casting news counts as spoilers unless it's a returning character, but yeah, I like to preserve the surprise of episode themes just in case someone wants to go in cold.

Speaking of casting news, B.J. Novak is apparently going to guest star. I have no idea why we're just hearing about this now, as filming ended a while ago.

Arist fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 5, 2014

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

1st AD posted:

On the one hand, having one major network not air sitcoms on that night is good for NBC's shows in that slot.
On the other hand, it's motherfucking football and now nobody will watch NBC on Thursday, at all.

But on the third hand Thursday Night football blows. And this is coming from a football fan. Unfortunately, that isn't going to stop it from dominating the ratings. :(

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Plus its only like eight games. CBS still has plenty of non-Football weeks to destroy NBC with its sitcoms.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

TMMadman posted:

But on the third hand Thursday Night football blows. And this is coming from a football fan. Unfortunately, that isn't going to stop it from dominating the ratings. :(

TNF will be better now that it isn't on NFL Network, which is a joke channel.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ogmius815 posted:

TNF will be better now that it isn't on NFL Network, which is a joke channel.

It's still football on Thursday. It's unnatural.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

TMMadman posted:

It's still football on Thursday. It's unnatural.

Yeah. Also it's a bunch of teams not prepared to play on that early schedule and even the good teams that play on Thursday end up having really sloppy games.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

MrAristocrates posted:

I don't think casting news counts as spoilers unless it's a returning character, but yeah, I like to preserve the surprise of episode themes just in case someone wants to go in cold.

Speaking of casting news, B.J. Novak is apparently going to guest star. I have no idea why we're just hearing about this now, as filming ended a while ago.

I do like the AV's joke about Boutros Boutros Ghali making a guest appearance, if only it happened before Troy left...

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Just found out about the break god dammit

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

rawdog pozfail posted:

Just found out about the break god dammit

The olympics could be as funny as community if some of the news is to be believed.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Irish Joe posted:

Season 4 thread was great because it was 2 months of patient (and sadly mod-enforced) simmering before the hate boiled over.
If you refused to watch it at first, then came in with really low expectations and stringed the episodes together, season 4 really isn't as bad as Hitler.

Also, the previous episode was pretty good. The Abed sideplot was boring, but I liked Abbie's absurd quest and the stupid Fat Dog joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

The olympics could be as funny as community if some of the news is to be believed.

I'm expecting at least one big insane fuckup on camera, like the ice during hockey catching on fire.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

twistedmentat posted:

I'm expecting at least one big insane fuckup on camera, like the ice during hockey catching on fire.

I wonder if that's actually possible. I mean, you see those people in the midwest who live near fracking sites setting the water that comes out of their tap on fire. I wonder if it would happen with ice as well. I mean, I am sure there is a way to make ice flame up, but I wonder if the same process that makes the water catch fire could make the ice catch fire as well. Also, Russia has a fuckton of oil/natural gas.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

swickles posted:

I wonder if that's actually possible. I mean, you see those people in the midwest who live near fracking sites setting the water that comes out of their tap on fire. I wonder if it would happen with ice as well. I mean, I am sure there is a way to make ice flame up, but I wonder if the same process that makes the water catch fire could make the ice catch fire as well. Also, Russia has a fuckton of oil/natural gas.

if it's trapped in the ice but has a lower vaporization point than 0 C then it's possible.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
Excellent thread title change again btw.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can thank OSG for all the title changes.

Also, the full version of rear end Crack Bandit finally came out.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I really need a download link of that. I would annoy so many people with this song.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Did some of the pre-decorated cafeteria shots feel like they were green-screened to anyone else?

My first though was that Jeff makes a pretty good Jareth. My second was oh god that bulge no why.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Dark One posted:

Did some of the pre-decorated cafeteria shots feel like they were green-screened to anyone else?

I definitely got that impression. I wonder why they would do that, though.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

To me it always looked like a shot where the tables and chairs were pushed to the sides of the room, so maybe they didn't have time or otherwise weren't able to actually move them? :psyduck:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

MrAristocrates posted:

I'd have to watch again, but it seemed to me it was just whatever was through the windows was greenscreened. They were still in the cafeteria, but maybe they had to fake the time of day outside or something?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MrAristocrates posted:

Same. It was weird.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Hobo Clown posted:

I'd have to watch again, but it seemed to me it was just whatever was through the windows was greenscreened. They were still in the cafeteria, but maybe they had to fake the time of day outside or something?

I think this is what it was. It only looked green screened when the windows were in the background, not when they were at the camera's back.

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

To me, CBS getting Thursday Night football seems like more than marginally good news. With Fox presumably running Idol, and ABC probably trying to imitate them again, Community wouldn't have any network competition (on those nights) for comedy, assuming they get renewed and placed on the fall schedule. And anything beats going up against BBT, right?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Accident Underwater posted:

I think this is what it was. It only looked green screened when the windows were in the background, not when they were at the camera's back.

It probably was. It's hard to shoot interior scenes with large windows, in terms of getting the right exposure. They probably just have a cafeteria set with empty, green windows, or otherwise blocked the actual windows to a real space and put green solids in place to better control the light.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

JesusFists posted:

To me, CBS getting Thursday Night football seems like more than marginally good news. With Fox presumably running Idol, and ABC probably trying to imitate them again, Community wouldn't have any network competition (on those nights) for comedy, assuming they get renewed and placed on the fall schedule. And anything beats going up against BBT, right?

Also, Thursday Night Football usually starts at 7:30. So what this does is remove the big bang theory and put a football pregame show up against community's slot. Not bad.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Unless, of course, Community is a midseason replacement again, and starts back in january just as CBS starts to show only new BBT episodes to make up for the 8 lost weeks...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

joepinetree posted:

Unless, of course, Community is a midseason replacement again, and starts back in january just as CBS starts to show only new BBT episodes to make up for the 8 lost weeks...

In special back to back episodes for like 6 weeks straight!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh god loving dammit.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Dr. Who fans are like cancer.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Why the gently caress is Sylvester McCoy in that? Isn't he busy being in The Hobbit?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

nutranurse posted:

Dr. Who fans are like cancer.

Nobody who is a Dr. Who fan is funding that because they have a show already (called Dr. Who). This is 100% Community fans, so you know, glass houses and all that.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Community fans are like cancer.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

nutranurse posted:

Community fans are like cancer.

Now there's a statement everyone here can get behind.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I am a fan of both Doctor Who and Community. Am I a bad person?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Only if you're a fan of Inspector Spacetime, too. You're a bad person but not for those reasons.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The worst.

edit: gently caress, beaten

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The worst gently caress, Beaten.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Does that make this, in fact, the darkest timeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Why the gently caress is Sylvester McCoy in that? Isn't he busy being in The Hobbit?

They're probably done filming his stuff since he was only in about half an hour of the first two films combined.

• Locked thread