Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

don't forget companie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014
double digit bitcoin prices are a beautiful thing to wake up to

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Troglyfe posted:

double digit bitcoin prices are a beautiful thing to wake up to

some days you just can't get rid of a butt

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

BobHoward posted:

some days you just can't get rid of a butt
it's not that you can't get rid of a butt, it's that the guy with the knife keeps your money too

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 21, 2014

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
the morons have pushed the price back up over three digits, only about 600 butts of buy orders keeping it above $100 though

soon as another big goxcoinhaver decides to become a goxbuxhaver it'll crash right back down

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

it happened :stare:

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Greyhawk posted:

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look upon my butts and despair

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

SynthOrange posted:

:yosbutt:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Joementum posted:

nobody pointed this out in the thread at the time, but NY regulator dude has a fake Bloomberg terminal keyboard, which is pretty fuckin' funny

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

SynthOrange posted:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Goxymandias, king of butts:
Look on my butts, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Dr. Honked posted:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Goxymandias, king of butts:
Look on my butts, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

and back below 100 again.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

:toot: 97.80!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

[–]Anth0n 7 points 1 hour ago
Goxcoins are a good deal actually. Bitstamp is trading at 5.5x the Gox price, so there only needs to be greater than an 18.18% chance that you will be able to withdraw your coins at some point for there to be a positive expected value on the purchase.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Notorious QIG posted:

Goxcoins are a good deal actually. Bitstamp is trading at 5.5x the Gox price, so there only needs to be greater than an 18.18% chance that you will be able to withdraw your coins at some point for there to be a positive expected value on the purchase.

lmao

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

requesting :goxx: which is identical to :toxx: except the radioactive goo draws the all time mtgox price graph

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Notorious QIG posted:

its leery jenkins but with bitcoin

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Notorious QIG posted:

link?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

some reddit comment from a front page /r/bitcoin article, :effort:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

this page

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1yhu5w/mtgox_below_100/

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

http://www.reddit.com/user/Anth0n

he posts in poker, summoningschool, leagueoflegends, austrianeconomics, &c

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
[–]gigitrix 3 points 1 hour ago
It was just a domain name. Using such a weak ad hominem does the community a disservice when you have literally thousands of other valid complaints to choose from.

Let's not resort to weak ad hominems, guys.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i wonder if thermos is still as smug about his investing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trigger warning

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

it's a bit of a seriouspost i know but

if i had millions to waste i think i'd be looking at a bitpay competitor that works with bitcoin and alternative cryptos, and also somehow easily incorporates newer cryptos as they're released. bitcoin is a garbage system for idiots but cryptocurrencies in general do have a marginal, niche use in micropayments and maybe corner stores for cheap, riskless transactions. if indeed cryptocurrencies are capable of saving merchants a couple dollars on debit or credit card fees, why not use them? if a crypto can send money overseas cheaper than WU or whatever then there's money to be made there.

make a crypto pegged to the USD with unlimited supply, totally compliant with regulators, with chargebacks (or without with a limited market) and pitch that + the POS system to businesses

thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Robawesome fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 21, 2014

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Robawesome posted:

if i had millions to waste i think i'd be looking at a bitpay competitor that works with bitcoin and alternative cryptos, and also somehow easily incorporates newer cryptos as they're released. bitcoin is a garbage system for idiots but cryptocurrencies in general do have a marginal, niche use in micropayments and maybe corner stores for cheap, riskless transactions. if indeed cryptocurrencies are capable of saving merchants a couple dollars on debit or credit card fees, why not use them? if a crypto can send money overseas cheaper than WU or whatever then there's money to be made there.

make a crypto pegged to the USD with unlimited supply, totally compliant with regulators, with chargebacks (or without with a limited market) and pitch that + the POS system to businesses

gently caress you

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Robawesome posted:

racist

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Robawesome posted:

lmao

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

that second paragraph is the best

kiwid fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 21, 2014

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
itll be back

it always comes back

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

graph posted:

gently caress you

good point

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

My Bitcoin Rig posted:

itll be back

it always comes back

put your money where your mouth is and BUY BUY BUY!!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Robawesome posted:

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

im dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Boxturret posted:

put your money where your mouth is and BUY BUY BUY!!

no loving poo poo what do you think i've been doing

gonna be rich you fuckers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread