Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
This is a nice Biker cosplay. Simple and effective.

Found it on Twitter a few days ago.

Unrelatedly, apparently there was a few plot details leaked. Who knows if they're true.

The director is the bearded man from the previous game. He met Jacket at some point and that inspired him to make the movie. Jacket is the Pig Butcher using an alias. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Anatharon posted:

So, the latest patch fixed a few of the bugs making the game really easy.

Namely you can be shot when executing an enemy, you can be shot when you're right up against a guy and dogs will whip around to kill you.

Unrelatedly, I tweeted Dennis Wedin asking if the Biker would be in HLM2 or not and he said that 'You'll find out!'.

If the Biker and Jacket are both in HLM2 I won't know what to think. :psyduck:

Both stories will have happened.

It doesn't have to make sense (though I think it does).

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Satanos posted:

Cactus said something implying that.

I'm wondering if we're going to play as the Biker in the pre-Hotline Miami levels from earlier in the 80s.

Then again we might end up with the ninja girl from Showdown because there's more then one female playable character in this and none of the Fans are.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
There's a Hotline Miami manga!

just kidding

However, Hotline Miami is on sale for $5 so if you're one of the few people who doesn't have it, get it. :colbert:

Red Harvest
Mar 13, 2007

Wait, it's Clint? Well shit.
I tried doing Jacket for Halloween this year, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

A lot of people seemed unnerved. Mission accomplished!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Anatharon posted:

There's a Hotline Miami manga!

just kidding

However, Hotline Miami is on sale for $5 so if you're one of the few people who doesn't have it, get it. :colbert:

There's a (fantastic) British anthology show called Black Mirror, and the episode White Bear is incredibly HLM-esque. Not just because it features homicidal maniacs in animal masks with improvised weaponry, but because it touches on the same themes of audience participation ("Do you like hurting other people?") and genre conventions that make HLM so great.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I'll ask here too, but I posted this in Ask/Tell:

N. Senada posted:

My googling skills are lacking.

I'm trying to find images of the maps from Hotline Miami. I want the entire map that you actually walk through, not just the outlines that appear in the level select. Anyone happen to have these handy?

I just realized it might be better to ask here.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

N. Senada posted:

I'll ask here too, but I posted this in Ask/Tell:

I just realized it might be better to ask here.

Cactus said no such thing exists.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Midnight Raider posted:

Is it the official(?) Jacket jacket that one nerd shirt company was doing? I was thinking about getting that one, but the end result really didn't seem to look right color-wise, I wasn't feeling the type of letter they used, and it was pretty pricy for something that felt off to me.

I know they wanted to go off of that one promo poster, but even that didn't feel like it clicked somehow.

Nah, I got a cheap jacket from China.

Me and a friend of mine who does art direction on films bloodied up the Jacket and hosed up the bat after that one was taken.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Red Harvest posted:

I tried doing Jacket for Halloween this year, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

A lot of people seemed unnerved. Mission accomplished!

Where'd you get the jacket and what tips have you for creating such wonderful blood spatter?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Random bug: If you use Dennis on Assault you start with a nightstick instead of a knife.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Where'd you get the jacket and what tips have you for creating such wonderful blood spatter?

The jacket is a softball jacket from a local school (Crescent Valley Softball) found at a thrift store. I wasn't around when he put on the blood, but I think it was food coloring/water/corn syrup from a spray bottle. It looked great but make him sticky as hell.

Red Harvest
Mar 13, 2007

Wait, it's Clint? Well shit.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I found the jacket at Goodwill. It's from a local high school, I'll bet there's something similar at any thrift store.

I put homemade fake blood into a spray bottle and had a friend fire it at me at an upward 45 degree angle or so, then hung everything up and let it dry (fans blowing on everything) for a few hours. After that I laid the pants and shirt out flat and thickened up a few spots that I felt needed it. The jacket I had hanging the whole time, the vinyl material of the coat let the blood make that streaked look.

I think the only reason I got it to work with the spray bottle was making the blood myself. I used this recipe: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fake-Blood

I ended up using over a bottle and a half of red food coloring before I felt it was a deep enough red to add some green and I didn't add any blue, ymmv.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
I think you guys might enjoy this so I'm cross-posting from the Lego mega thread:

I built a Lego DeLorean...

...but Jacket doesn't drive a time machine.

FingersMaloy fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 21, 2013

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Satanos posted:

To me both stories fit together nicely.

Jacket fought Biker and lost. Biker stomped on his head but didn't make sure Jacket was dead. Jacket afterwards dragged himself to his apartment to find the rat sitting there. The Janitors, scared that Biker could've followed Jacket somehow, sent the rat to cut off this loose end. Jacket survives and spends the next few levels following the false lead that the Janitors were feeding him about the Russians. When the Russian wheelchair guy spoke with him, he gave the impression that he didn't know what the gently caress was Jacket about. Some random rear end in a top hat/hitman that has been jumping their operations for some reason. Biker, while living quite the indulgent lifestlye, he comes off as someone that doesn't take drugs or at least has that vice under control and has a clear enough head to track the Janitors down. Jacket was hosed up from the beginning.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
http://hotlinetrail.rezoner.net/

This is only stylistically related to Hotline Miami, but hey.

Also, a tribute to HLM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EseB4yOau1U

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The game's release got pushed back. There won't even be a trailer until 2014, unfortunately.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Trainmonk posted:

Maybe we shouldn't have those either then? I don't know what you're trying to tell me here.

You cannot possibly be this retarded

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That's from like 4 months ago, but ya they are.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
yeah this thread got linked in gbs so here i am

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I just now realized why M|O|O|N is written like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wXRvvGr8Ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9gOQgfPW4Y

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuwk6QYFQtw

Hotline Miami in the source engine. It's pretty cool.

Also theoretically there'll be a trailer in Q1, so could be any week now. :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, I'm sure we all had fun with Hotline Miami, but really. It's old. It's yesterday's news. And the sequel will just be more of the same.

We need something innovative. Something different. Something that is in no way a transparent Russian ripoff.

It's all about Hotline Kavkaz now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Original Hotline Do Not Steal.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Clearly propaganda from the Russian Mafia made to slander Hotline Miami's good name.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Is this an elaborate prank from Cactus? I feel like this is the perfect self-parody for Hotline Miami.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I saw the prayer rugs and just kind of shrugged and shuddered simultaneously.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Was the 4/10 review at the end from Kebab Gaming.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I highly enjoy that even when lightly pushing on a door they EXPLODE.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

If it's a prank by Hotline Miami's creators it looks like there's a little too much work put into it for that. If it's a deliberate rip-off it looks too similar to the real deal to be safe from copyright claims. I am very conflicted about how I'm supposed to take this.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Speedball posted:

If it's a prank by Hotline Miami's creators it looks like there's a little too much work put into it for that.

It's Cactus. Does it really?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Apparently we're going to be getting a big reveal at E3 and it is expected to be released before PAX prime, for an idea of where it's at now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Also apparently, a dodge roll ability got added to WN which is a pretty massive change.

e:

Hotline Miami ‏@HotlineMiami 20h
"It's 8-bit but it's still good." User review of Hotline Miami 2 at SXSW Gaming.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 10, 2014

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Haven't been following this game but I just beat the first one. What a ride. Makes Killer7 look like fuckin' Mario. No word on a trailer or release yet?

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Captain Walker posted:

Haven't been following this game but I just beat the first one. What a ride. Makes Killer7 look like fuckin' Mario. No word on a trailer or release yet?

Most recent thing I've seen was the ps blog saying it's coming out this fall. That's for ps4 though, and I'm not sure if it's getting launched on all platforms simultaneously.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Walker posted:

There's also a video called something like Hotline Miami 2 - B Roll that has some otherwise unseen cutscenes in it (which is an interview with the Pig Butcher's actor).

Also they're showing it off at some convention now so maybewe'll see more.

Delaio posted:

Most recent thing I've seen was the ps blog saying it's coming out this fall. That's for ps4 though, and I'm not sure if it's getting launched on all platforms simultaneously.

The HLM twitter said that "It won't be at PAX Prime because we hope it will be out by then."

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://twitter.com/HotlineMiami

Next week, a new trailer and a new demo at PAX east.

Notable screenshot: A character with no mask.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

DARPA Dad posted:

You cannot possibly be this retarded

That dude really wanted to talk about rape

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exg_OxsaHyY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The Swans are brother and sister, controlled at the same time apparently. :psyboom:

Phone post so I cannot link it but the hlm twitter said so.

• Locked thread