Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Darren Young and JTG tag team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Their dance would be called "dozens of dollars".

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
^^^^ Ok that made me almost spit out my water here at work haha. Dozens of dollars dozens of dollars. Kind of like how way back when, when Teddy Dibiase Jr (or his dad not sure) put a $100 in Cody Rhode's mouth and DB slyly went up and took it.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He's one of the biggest and most successful movie stars in the world and had no obligation or need to ever come back to the WWE in the first place outside of loyalty so expecting a full time schedule or an entire year out of him is pretty silly.

Oh I totally understand and agree with that, but if you're working an Undertaker schedule you shouldn't ever hold the title or have anything to do with it. All that's doing is holding other people back and preventing future stars from really going places.

Just because of the fact he's so incredibly famous and rich we all know for a fact he's not going to show up at a Now Way Out caliber ppv let alone a random Raw/Smackdown (assuming it's not Miama and/or his birthday) where virtually anyone else could come out of left field and lose the belt at a house show for all we know which makes things all the more exciting and unpredictable.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 21, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

njsykora posted:

Keep Darren Young because if they fire the guy within a year of coming out the bad PR would be loving brutal. He's like Miz in that he can stick around forever, not do anything major and just be a PR guy. He's better than Miz though.

Darren Young is probably considerably cheaper to employ than Miz is, too.

The Rock was on Raw pretty consistently from December through Wrestlania. I get that he's not doing house shows but he's travelling the country doing PR for you and cutting promos/getting laid out by The Shield week after week. He main evented three straight PPV's and did everything you could ask for to build those matches. He was not on an Undertaker schedule.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 21, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

oatgan posted:

Darren Young is probably considerably cheaper to employ than Miz is, too.

Keep Darren Young as I do not change the channel when he is on unlike Miz.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't really care about ratings or business or whatever, all I know is that when rock came back he was really bad.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fsmhunk posted:

I don't really care about ratings or business or whatever, all I know is that when rock came back he was really bad.

I dunno, I thought he was pretty good. He had his rough patches for sure, but his matches with Cena at Mania were fine and the build had a big fight feel. Way better than anything we've had for this year's build.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
I still love how that match on Raw where Cena had to defend his title shot from Punk ended up being a lot better than Cena/Rock 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fsmhunk posted:

Other then the Rock concert I do not remember it being all that bad. I have seen a lot worse.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Every promo The Rock did during his last return was bad and embarrassing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Other then the Rock concert I do not remember it being all that bad. I have seen a lot worse.

I remember he got super tuckered out during his match with Punk at the Rumble.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The_Rob posted:

Every promo The Rock did during his last return was bad and embarrassing.

I wish I could remember some specific examples, but he definitely had some good promos too. More when he and Cena got "serious", and less with the fruity pebbles crap.

I dunno, I'd rather have Rock and his promos than Batista and his :effort:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

triplexpac posted:

I wish I could remember some specific examples, but he definitely had some good promos too. More when he and Cena got "serious", and less with the fruity pebbles crap.

I dunno, I'd rather have Rock and his promos than Batista and his :effort:

I would rather have anyone other than Batsita, but The Rocks last return was really not very good.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Now I'm picturing Khali joining the Real Americans.
I get the feeling that won't happen in the near future

Zeb Colter ‏@WWEZeb posted:

HOW DID KHALI PASS THE CITIZENSHIP TEST? WISH THAT @WWECesaro @RealJackSwagger HAD ADMINISTERED THE EXAM? OR ME! @WWERanjinSingh @WWE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I just want to hear Khali say the pledge.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You guys are dumb, Rock coming back meant I got to see The Rock live and I went crazy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

You guys are dumb, Rock coming back meant I got to see The Rock live and I went crazy.

He definitely held the crowd and viewers in sway during his promos. The stuff like telling stories about buying stolen cars was cool. Calling Heyman Twinkie Tits and alluding that Cena was gay...not so much.

I enjoyed his matches against CM Punk. But the matches against Cena were beyond boring.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I dunno, I thought he was pretty good. He had his rough patches for sure, but his matches with Cena at Mania were fine and the build had a big fight feel. Way better than anything we've had for this year's build.
Well yeah because there's been no build.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

njsykora posted:

Keep Darren Young because if they fire the guy within a year of coming out the bad PR would be loving brutal. He's like Miz in that he can stick around forever, not do anything major and just be a PR guy. He's better than Miz though.

Darren's probably going to get a push as he was nominated for a GLAAD award coming up in April. Vince even tweeted about it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Meltzer also said Young worked his rear end off in that house show match he saw in Oakland, which he expects to be similar to what we see on Sunday.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Angular Landbury posted:

Darren's probably going to get a push as he was nominated for a GLAAD award coming up in April. Vince even tweeted about it.

Nothing against Darren Young, but doesn't Titus have a higher ceiling?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Red posted:

Titus is a better talker and can be more charismatic, so yeah he has the higher ceiling (this is if you don't consider Titus' age), but Darren Young is the best wrestler of the two.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Red posted:

Solely in that he's tall, yes. Or maybe I missed the joke.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like Darren Young because I got my section to start chanting "Let's go Cena" during a match of his on the endless NXT and he acknowledged it. Pretty sure they edited it out during the broadcast though :(

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I didn't even realize Titus vs Young was gonna be on the PPV. Funny coincidence that as soon as Batista comes back, his boy gets a PPV payday (not saying this is a bad thing).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ChampRamp posted:

Titus is a better talker and can be more charismatic, so yeah he has the higher ceiling (this is if you don't consider Titus' age), but Darren Young is the best wrestler of the two.

I don't know what everybody here thought of it, but a few months ago Punk had a reasonably competitive match with Young (Young even hit his singles finish, a fireman's carry into reverse lungblower) and Young really impressed me in that match.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cromulent posted:

I didn't even realize Titus vs Young was gonna be on the PPV. Funny coincidence that as soon as Batista comes back, his boy gets a PPV payday (not saying this is a bad thing).

I get the feeling that the PTP match is on the card because the Naomi/AJ match was scratched. Either way, this match is gonna rule. A tag team breakup match is a thing of beauty.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't know what everybody here thought of it, but a few months ago Punk had a reasonably competitive match with Young (Young even hit his singles finish, a fireman's carry into reverse lungblower) and Young really impressed me in that match.

Wasn't that the match where Young partially blew the finish and Punk looked visibly pissed afterwards?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oblique posted:

Wasn't that the match where Young partially blew the finish and Punk looked visibly pissed afterwards?

I thought I remembered it hitting clean. Maybe there was a rematch or something? I dunno.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

I thought I remembered it hitting clean. Maybe there was a rematch or something? I dunno.

It ended with the Anaconda Vice and Young tapped out even before Punk had it completely cinched in. Punk looked very annoyed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oblique posted:

It ended with the Anaconda Vice and Young tapped out even before Punk had it completely cinched in. Punk looked very annoyed.

My bad, I misunderstood what you said. Yeah, that happened, now that you refresh my memory. Still, I don't believe one botch makes a match bad, and Young generally looks good when his matches get time and works with somebody capable. His match with Titus will likely suck, though.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

My bad, I misunderstood what you said. Yeah, that happened, now that you refresh my memory. Still, I don't believe one botch makes a match bad, and Young generally looks good when his matches get time and works with somebody capable. His match with Titus will likely suck, though.

He looks kind of unmotivated a lot of the time, but yeah, I don't think he's even close to bad. I hope this feud with Titus gets him out of the rut it seems like he's been in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kevin Steen knows what's up :c00lbert:

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
I'm pretty sure Hogan would die

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

getitoffgetitoff posted:

That's why he wants to see it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

getitoffgetitoff posted:

He would explode into a pile of ribcages like Mortal Kombat 3.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I'm fairly sure Hogan's head would just shoot off on its own if he took the Giant Swing.

Make it happen, WWE.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

quote:

HUGE Congratulations to The Miz for being happy with half of whatever he has coming to him in the future! #ImTheMizAndImHalfAwesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

quote:

Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 1m
HUGE Congratulations to The Miz for being happy with half of whatever he has coming to him in the future! #ImTheMizAndImHalfAwesome
:iceburn:
E: ^^^^ :argh: