Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
1 - E - Free all the slaves, divorce Naomi.
2 - H
3 - M
4 - O
5 - M - Prepare for an expedition to Athar, and the surrounding villages. There is sure to be adventure on the way.

6 - Systematically sacrifice everyone in Zepath, and have them prepared to serve at our dinner table by Jalitha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

the_steve posted:

6. Hire Ephat to serve at our house, learn the HELL out of some flute playing.Also work on using our club.[/b]

OH. HELL. YES.

I support his.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Vavrek posted:

1. Let Naomi manage finances and Jalitha handle slaves; if they have a disagreement or find an investment opportunity, bring it to us to decide.
2. Follow our teacher's advice. Learn control.
4. Team Capitalism runs on information.
5. Team Capitalism also runs on money.
6. I echo Rahul and FoxTerrier, and have an addition of my own:
I would like to make sure our kitchens are open to our flute begger friend, in exchange for practicing with him some evenings when we are at home.
Practice not breathing during our journey. Both when we make camp at night, and during some of our more minor battles and skirmishes.
Practice reaching out with our new senses, and see if we can develop it further. Try doing this in combination with not breathing and see if it makes a difference.

Speak with Paebel, maybe also Gaddiel, about their faith.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Don't really care about the rest at this point, just get the cool flute hobo to work for us.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. B
2. H
3. N
4. P
5. A

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

It occurs to me now for the first time, that it is not obvious that buying a tavern means buying more slaves and also occurs to me that some of you may care about that fact. I should probably have spelled that out.

Buying a tavern probably means buying five or six more slaves to do some of the labor involved.

Being a slave that digs mud and being a slave that works at a tavern are two entirely different things. I am ok with slaves working a tavern and making booze. I still feel bad for our mud slaves. Digging mud is repetitive, mind numbing, hard labor. I am glad we are easy on our mud digging slaves.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

1 - C
2 - H
3 - Plan Sogol
4 - O
5 - K
, everyone knows that witches are actually the ones with the best quests

Along with practicing breathing, flute learning and sensing practice

Ask Paebel about the time(s) he 'felt the hand of a Melachim' in the wilderness

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 23, 2014

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1) C - Naomi in Charge - Naomi's the woman of the household now - if she wants Jalitha's assistance, fine, but it's her place to ask for it.

2) G - Break in case of Emergency - calm down as best we can unless we feel it is necessary for the outcome of the battle.

3)P - Release in five years, no pay - I get that it's a lovely hand life dealt him - but paying him to do what he already does, sets a bad precident. The others will understand us releasing him because he didn't choose this life, while they did. They won't understand rewarding someone who has a lovely attitude while they do their tasks and don't gripe.

Plan Sogol - I like it! Give Gaddiel to Paebel as a "gift", knowing full well Paebel will free him.

4) P - Gimme the Details - I want the info on our finances.

5) A - Six Months of Traveling with Our Balls - Let's make some money for our household and our Balls.

6) Continue our deal with Indor indefinitely, live on the wild side.
Convince ourselves we don't need to breathe.
Speak to Paebel about why he only holds faith in the Melachim and not El.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 23, 2014

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Being a slave that digs mud and being a slave that works at a tavern are two entirely different things. I am ok with slaves working a tavern and making booze. I still feel bad for our mud slaves. Digging mud is repetitive, mind numbing, hard labor. I am glad we are easy on our mud digging slaves.

To be fair, the slave who sucked at gambling has been cooking the books a bit, he and the other one aren't working as much as Lefkandi thinks they are. We just haven't said anything because he's obviously got enough clay to keep himself busy, and that's what matters.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Sogol posted:

3- P vote change:
Give Gaddiel to Paebel

You know, an interesting option with Gaddiel would be to give him to Paebel as a bonus. Paebel is actually incurring a fair amount of risk on our behalf by running the whole Indor thing, from which we are profiting. We do not have to publicize what the bonus is for if we do it soon.

Paebel will then free Gaddiel. This does not have us setting some impossible to maintain precedent before we are ready.

Gaddiel will then need a way to make a living, which we can offer him. We can let him take charge of all the provisioning of the Balls, which as I recall is something Paebel currently does as well as managing the supply train. Eventually he might become a merchant or some such.

I quite like this. It's a neater, more politic option than paying him or freeing him directly. Changing my vote on 3 to P: Plan Sogol.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vavrek posted:

I quite like this. It's a neater, more politic option than paying him or freeing him directly. Changing my vote on 3 to P: Plan Sogol.

I like that too.
Changing my #3 to this as well.

Also, if we haven't done so already, formally declare Paebel our clear second in command. Seriously, this guy has been nothing but the most solid of bros to us.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

6. Hire Ephat to serve at our house, learn the HELL out of some flute playing.Also work on using our club.

I'd like to add this to my vote.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

1. E - Let Naomi take the external finances and Jalitha the household
2. G - Wait and calm down
3. P Give Gaddiel to Paebel
4. P
5. A

Misc Extra Votes:
Make sure our kitchens are open to our flute begger friend
Practice not breathing during our journey
Practice reaching out with our new senses

E: Typo

falcon2424 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 25, 2014

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

the_steve posted:

To be fair, the slave who sucked at gambling has been cooking the books a bit, he and the other one aren't working as much as Lefkandi thinks they are. We just haven't said anything because he's obviously got enough clay to keep himself busy, and that's what matters.

Well... he wasn't cooking the books. I think Diog said that everything was in order, but it looked like the slaves weren't working as hard or as long as they could. We voted to let it slide.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Strength

Diog posted:

You have grown two inches. You are now an inch taller than Tudiya. Your strength has fluctuated over the course of the last four months, sometimes quite a lot. Why is not apparent, unless you think you have an idea? On the weakest days, you still felt notably stronger than before you fought the Zviv. The height of your strength seems to last for an hour at the most, often much less, only a few moments. At it's height, it may be a match for one of Zepath's Mighty Men? Excluding Aaron, whom you know to be stronger than the rest of Zepath's Mighty men.

You have become slightly more muscular. Your hunger seems tied to your strength, lessening when your strength rises and increasing as it wains.
Team :spergin:

I don't think we know enough to frame a good theory.

What we know:
- we are stronger post Zviv
- we are gaining muscle mass and continuing to gain height
- our strength fluctuates
- peaks do not last long, one hour to several minutes
- according to the description above it seems to fluctuate daily
- strength currently has an inverse relationship to hunger

Start tracking our Strength

I would like us to start a record tracking our strength on a daily basis over the course of six months or so, like a training diary.

I suggest we use a nice staff for this.

- divide the staff into days by making a simple horizontal cuts all the way around it down the length to the staff, like rings. One ring for each day.

- cut a vertical line down the length of the staff. With the line facing us, the right of the line is weakest and the left of the line is strongest.

- vertical marks are then made within the ring of a day in relation to the vertical line to indicate relative strength.

- daily vertical marks can then be crossed to indicate duration. Long durations will look like a "T". Medium like a "+” and low like an inverted "T".

A Strong day with an hour peak would like a "T" just to the left of the vertical line when it is facing us.

This will take almost no time and we will have a cool cryptic staff when we are done.

On trying to Sense Snarls

Diog posted:

You feel a intense vertigo. It stops when you stop trying to sense him.

We apparently lose orientation of where we are when we try to sense Snarls. It's like feedback from a mic or something?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

B. It is right and proper to put our first wife in charge. We don't want to undermine her at this early stage. She will almost certainly ask mom for help, but that will be her choice. Mom won't mind, mom doesn't mind anything.

G. Calming down is important, but not to the point of getting anyone killed.

N. I pay him a wage and promise to sell him his freedom, it'll take about five years.

Do this for the other slaves that accompany our hunting trips as well. Monster hunting is a good deal more dangerous that what a debt slave is usually called on to do, compensation isn't out of line. (Gifts rather than wages for the slaves that belong to others. Even if they don't wish to buy their own freedom, they likely have relatives that could use the money.)

The pottery slaves and household slaves don't need a wage, nor do they even need to know about it, because they are doing conventional work of the sort any debt slave would expect to do. Digging clay is dirty work, but the potter is an easy master and the hours are fairly light. Compared to many other manual labour slaves they have it pretty good.

Buy a replacement slave for the potter. Make sure we don't get a lemon this time.

P. I don't want to get surprised months down the road that we owned something we never paid attention to and now we're all offended about it.

J. EEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL!

6. If there is anything you'd like to do which does not involve a time skip in or about Zepath, write in.

I would like to know if our deal with Indor has had any effect on the availability or price of cures in Zepath. Part of the reason for the deal was that we believe more affordable healthcare for the common people is virtuous, even if it has to come through a witch. We should also find out if less beneficial potions or curses have become more common/affordable due to our deal. We believe we're doing a good thing for Zepath despite the prejudice of conservatives like Tudiya, but we should probably find out if we're mistaken now that some time has passed.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

I just want to vote for whatever fairly ends our deal with Indor on good terms. The sooner that ends, the better.

Sogol posted:

You know, an interesting option with Gaddiel would be to give him to Paebel as a bonus.

And the rest of our adventuring party won't think this is unfair? They'll probably wonder why we're giving one person such a valuable bonus when the rest of them aren't getting one, for a reason we won't explain.

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 23, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Kyyp posted:

I just want to vote for whatever fairly ends our deal with Indor on good terms. The sooner that ends, the better.

And the rest of our adventuring party won't think this is unfair? They'll probably wonder why we're giving one person such a valuable bonus when the rest of them aren't getting one, for a reason we won't explain.

Currently Paebel both purchases all the provisions and sells all the goods from our endeavors. Gaddiel is not common property of the Balls. He belongs to us. Giving him to Paebel does not take anything away from the Balls in any way. We don't have to explain it at all. It's a gift of appreciation. If anything it will probably be looked on favorably.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

my dad posted:

Don't really care about the rest at this point, just get the cool flute hobo to work for us.

I'm with this. Flute playing is a must. Plan flute hobo.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
1. E, Plan Foxterrier. FoxTerrier seems to have a good idea.

2. H. YOU DON'T NEED TO BREATHE!

3. N. Work it off, kiddo. I've always been in favor of allowing the slaves to work themselves off in time.

4. P. I like info.

5. G. Let's go 'splorin'!

6. Plan LLSix re: Asking Indor to stop giving us gifts and giving back the blue powder pot sounds like a good deal.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
1. B
2. H
3. P - Give him to Paebel as a bonus to be freed. First, make sure Paebel is ok with this, and will free him!
4. P
5. J, M: :siren: Finish up our business relationship with Indor ASAP! :siren: The last thing we need is for our Lulz to finally find out about this and get Tudiya to run us out of town!
6. Teach mom how to rub Snarls' belly :3:

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
1. B

2. G

3. P Give Gaddiel to Paebel

4. O

5. M + G Go to Tanaach for some cultural exchange, get some experience being in another city. Do a little exploring of the surrounding.

6. Politely end our business with Indor. She's cool, but dad like, totally hates her.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

FoxTerrier posted:

Naomi handles finances and slaves, Jalitha supervises the kitchen. They handle things whether or not we're around. El knows the last thing we need to do is start sperging about the price of candles.

2. - Hulking out could get us or our men killed, but trying too hard to do things that aren't fighting while we're fighting could also get us or our men killed.

3. : Plan Sogol - I'd like to give all our slaves an option to take a wage towards their freedom, but until we know we can support that precedent, Sogol's plan is the most elegant. Mention the gift to Paebel first to make sure he's down with it, and wouldn't be seen as squandering our gift by freeing Gaddiel or anything like that.

4. - I'd like to have more information, but in the interest of more updates, just the essentials is fine. We can always ask for a breakdown if it becomes relevant.

5. - This is a great gig we've got going here. It's a fine way to make a living, it's good for our training, it's good for making friends, and it's good for the state of the city, what with us helping to train the next generation of soldiers and Mighty Men. Also, making our Balls more brassy will only make things better for us when we do go exploring.

Vavrek posted:

I would like to make sure our kitchens are open to our flute beggar friend, in exchange for practicing with him some evenings when we are at home.
Practice not breathing during our journey. Both when we make camp at night, and during some of our more minor battles and skirmishes.
Practice reaching out with our new senses, and see if we can develop it further. Try doing this in combination with not breathing and see if it makes a difference.

Also, let's not cut ties with Indor- maintain distance and keep dealing as we have been doing.

Based on the information we have thus far, Indor seems like a good thing for this city, and the tools she gives us have already proven vital for the well-being of our men. Telling her to gently caress off may be the safest option, but it's also the most assholish. Let's just take care not to get discovered, okay?

Hey, can we get a link to Canuck's vote icon albums in the OP or something? I didn't transfer my bookmarks over to my new computer, and I sure as hell can't find them again, searching Google and Imgur notwithstanding.

Edit: #1 vote altered, icons added.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 23, 2014

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Cathair posted:

Hey, can we get a link to Canuck's vote icon albums in the OP or something? I didn't transfer my bookmarks over to my new computer, and I sure as hell can't find them again, searching Google and Imgur notwithstanding.

Vote icons, you say? Here you go: http://canuckerrant.imgur.com/ :sun:

Also, food for thought for people proposing to put Naomi on finances and Jalitha on slaves: The fastest way to put two women at each others' throats—even those who otherwise like each other—is to have no clear mistress of a household. Dividing things roughly 50/50 may seem logical on paper, but truly, it's a recipe for drama in practice. I honestly really doubt Jalitha would enjoy having to be the hardass that makes sure the slaves do their work either. Let her fiddle in her kitchen and be happy.

Also adding the following to my vote:

Speak with Paebel discreetly about his faith, specifically what the experience he allegedly had in the wilderness was about.
Either he legit saw something or was being messed with by nefarious powers, either way it'd be important for us to know since he's basically out #2 at this point.

Edit: Haha, Canuck is this a Pubai icon??

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 23, 2014

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Angela Christine posted:

I would like to know if our deal with Indor has had any effect on the availability or price of cures in Zepath. Part of the reason for the deal was that we believe more affordable healthcare for the common people is virtuous, even if it has to come through a witch. passed.

I'm selling to Indor because I want to get mo' money fast. I want to buy mom's bar soon, and it looks like we will be able to do this in a short time. We need to knock this out of the way sooner rather that later. Who knows when Diog will tragically kill mom.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

FoxTerrier posted:

Vote icons, you say? Here you go: http://canuckerrant.imgur.com/ :sun:

Also, food for thought for people proposing to put Naomi on finances and Jalitha on slaves: The fastest way to put two women at each others' throats—even those who otherwise like each other—is to have no clear mistress of a household. Dividing things roughly 50/50 may seem logical on paper, but truly, it's a recipe for drama in practice. I honestly really doubt Jalitha would enjoy having to be the hardass that makes sure the slaves do their work either. Let her fiddle in her kitchen and be happy.

There we go, thanks for the link!

I agree re: household management, I actually didn't read too closely and thought I was quoting the same thing as your plan (changed my vote further up).

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

1. B

2. G

3. N, as long as he's only getting hazard pay for the adventuring. Don't want to set a precedent and have a house full of sullen slaves.

4. O

5. C

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
1.B
2.G
3.J. He can wait. Speaking of which, whens the next big slave freedom jamboree again? Can't be that long now.
4.O
5.I. Maybe we'll bumble into another demon statue. And if not we just clear out a massive monster camp for Ibleam, since those guys cant do it themselves for whatever reason.
6.Go get that homeless flute man and bring him into our house. We're high society people now, lets start acting like it.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Raise the boy, give Gaddiel the choice of forsaking his religion and becoming our son or remain a slave. It'll keep us on our toes if we have someone slowing plotting to kill us over the years.

Also throw knife to decide where to go, ol' knifey will never steer us wrong.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
1. E. Tell them they are both in charge, let them sort it out. Stand back and watch the fun.

2. G. I did not, I calmed down as best I could, as long as it did not risk negatively effecting the outcome of battle.

3. J. I keep him with my Balls as we hunt, pretending I do not know what he planned, but I have Snarls keep an eye on him and warn me if he pulls a runner.

4. O. Maybe a general idea of what's doing well and what isn't.

5. C. I head a month out southwest, to see what can be found.

6. Try and recreate our epic meal time challenge, try to eat an entire roast cow, five chickens and a sack of mashed potatoes in a single sitting.

Also bring a homeless man into our house.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
^^^Tempting... (re: 1)

Cathair posted:

Also, let's not cut ties with Indor- maintain distance and keep dealing as we have been doing.

Agreed. Team Capitalism supports witchery.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Why would we give the slave to Paebel and have him free it? Our intention will be clear. Just don't be a coward, free the slave. I know I harp on the slavery thing, but freeing this slave because he seems more upset about being a slave than other slaves just...boggles me. I don't get it.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Diogines posted:

>< Fixed. I accidentally deleted that line as I formatted the post. Though Uriah was hurt by a minotaur, not an ogre, I did not edit that part.

Your Balls slew two ogres.

I still want to try and convince Chait to make us a new bow with Ogre Heart/Legbone. Would we be able to try again now that time has passed, our renown has grown, we actually have materials, and we have a goat medallion that makes us more convincing? I think that's enough changed to make it worthwhile to ask again.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I like that idea. +1 plan Neraren

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Neraren posted:

I still want to try and convince Chait to make us a new bow with Ogre Heart/Legbone. Would we be able to try again now that time has passed, our renown has grown, we actually have materials, and we have a goat medallion that makes us more convincing? I think that's enough changed to make it worthwhile to ask again.
We probably have the money for the other materials too. Good plan.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Neraren posted:

Whatever happens, +1 to plan SUPERBOW aka neranen

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Eat Naomi via moms cooking
Maximum HULK OUT
Eat Paebal, arm the slave
Full financial breakdown
Take on some harpy nests
Eat Tudiya, Punch Ishamal in the nose, fist bump Danal, make a superbow

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

my dad posted:

we need a personal musician, I bet he'll work for booze and food.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We'll pay him in seaweed cakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

paragon1 posted:

We'll pay him in seaweed cakes.

We need to take our Balls on an expedition to the coast, to gather supplies.