Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Which new model are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

The Dark Project posted:

Which new model are you talking about?

This one?

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Tarik Mansuri resculpt that'll almost certainly come with new rules.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

That model is amazing. And it gives me hope that we'll see rules for the khawarij that are not absolutely poo poo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Dark Project posted:

Not a bad idea, I didn't know you could use an impetuous order to AD. Well that means the Yum Yums can drop, deploy smoke ahead of the Para-Commandos so they have more cover if needed, and then begin in as normal. In which case, I could get away with this -

ARIADNA
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 1 1

VAN ZANT Lieutenant AP Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 42)
PARA-COMMANDO Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 25)
PARA-COMMANDO HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 32)
PARA-COMMANDO Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (24)
CHASSEUR Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (19)
CHASSEUR Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
INTEL (WIP14, Doctor, Hacking Device, CH: Mimetism, Engineer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (9 | 12XP)
TANKHUNTER Autocannon, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 40)
FOXTROT Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (17)
YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (11)

GROUP 2 0 1 1

YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (11)

3 SWC | 249 Points

Open with Army 4

Not bad. I don't really care enough to have extra orders for 1 of the Yuan in group 2 (they'll only be drop fodder anyway), they can just use impetuous and irregular orders they come with. The Foxtrot is the only really good cheap infiltrator I have at the points I have left. Alternatively I could drop both the Foxtrot and the additional Yuan and take either a T2 Cateran Sniper, A 2nd Batt. Scots Guard with Ch: Camo and Molotok, a Tankhunter with AP Rifle, ADHL and D-Charges, a Grey Rifle Highlander with T2 Boarding Shotgun, or Uxia McNeil (the MSV1 version). Edit: Could also go for a Dog-Warrior which could be around to protect my dudes in the back field, before moving forward to take on other challenges.

Thoughts?
The one extra Yuan is a bit odd, but that's more my personal bias on combat groups shining through. It's a gimmick list (which type I've run before in PanO of all things) but it can work. Give it a go!

My buddies thoughts on Van Zant himself is that he's good for his points, just squishy as gently caress, so make sure to protect him.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Cheers! I think I might drop one Yuan and the Foxtrot and either swap out for Uxia or a Dog-Warrior. Most likely Uxia because she can be further up the field at the beginning to cause problems with her smoke grenades and what not, and also gives my opponent another camo token to wonder about. That will keep my crew to 10 models which is easier to handle.

Anyone know if you can fire a chain rifle or template out from smoke at a group of enemies? Or are you unable to due to not having line of sight to them? If you can do it, are they able to ARO back at you while you are inside it?

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Thanks for the Van Zant feedback. Might have to give him a few practice games, but still so many Ariadna tactics I've yet to try out so it's going to have to wait.

The Dark Project posted:

Anyone know if you can fire a chain rifle or template out from smoke at a group of enemies? Or are you unable to due to not having line of sight to them? If you can do it, are they able to ARO back at you while you are inside it?

You can intuitive attack from a zero visibility zone. Don't think they get an ARO?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hortism posted:

You can intuitive attack from a zero visibility zone. Don't think they get an ARO?
They do. At -6 to hit and after the attack's resolved.

The Dark Project posted:

Not a bad idea, I didn't know you could use an impetuous order to AD.
Actually you have to, if you don't want to do it in your first impetuous phase you burn another order to cancel it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

How far can a smoke grenade disperse if you whiff the roll?

The rulebook says "A dispersing projectile may not travel further than its Maximum Distance characteristic indicated in the Weapon Chart under any circumstance. Beyond that point, the shot has missed and has no effect.", but the Smoke Grenade's Maximum range says '-'.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the end of its long range? That may help. :P

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

What's the end of its long range? That may help. :P

Well, the book says "Maximum Distance characteristic", which could be interpreted to not be the same as "Long". I don't really think it's that dumb of a question.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 22, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Deviant posted:

Well, the book says "Maximum Distance characteristic", which could be interpreted to not be the same as "Long". I don't really think it's that dumb of a question.
It's not a dumb question. The weapons maximum range is the end of its long range if it doesn't have a maximum range characteristic in the first place.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Had my third game today, still 150. Somebody suggested Naffatun before, gave it a try. Worked out pretty well for me, but that had more to do with the djanbazan getting some lucky crits in. Will have to try again later to see how well the heavy flamers work out...

HAQQISLAM

GROUP 1 9 0 0

NAFFATÛN Lieutenant Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 12)
NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (12)
NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (12)
NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (10)
DJANBAZAN Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 33)
DJANBAZAN Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (28)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
GHULAM Doctor Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (17)

3 SWC | 150 Points

Open with Army 4

Baccaruder
May 2, 2013
You're a god drat monster.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

This is what I lost to that with. Badly. Because captain MultiSpectral Visor is also captain comedy dice roll, apparently.

ALEPH

GROUP 1 8 0 0

MYRMIDON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 32)
MYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 32)
MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (25)
MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (16)
NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)

2.5 SWC | 149 Points

Open with Army 4

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Snapped this shot of the latest Game Trade Magazine at my LGS. Stay classy, CB.

http://imgur.com/U2Abz26

Until a month ago, this is exactly what I thought Infinity was all about. (And why I didn't give it a closer look.)

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Deviant posted:

This is what I lost to that with. Badly. Because captain MultiSpectral Visor is also captain comedy dice roll, apparently.

Ouch, that's a lot of flamers to go up against. Your ODD didn't stand a chance :(

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

The Dark Project posted:

Ouch, that's a lot of flamers to go up against. Your ODD didn't stand a chance :(

He never fired a single flamer. Captain MSV popped everyone.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
I tried out my Steel Phalanx list today, against someone who borrowed my JSA. The sides were:

JAPANESE SECTORIAL ARMY

GROUP 1 9 0 0

O-YOROI Lieutenant HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas (2) / EXP CCW. (3 | 85)
O-YOROI PILOT Pistol, CCW.
KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (24)
YURIKO ODA Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CCW. (24)
KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (9)
KARAKURI (Forward Observer) Mk12, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (43)
KARAKURI (Forward Observer) Mk12, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (43)
KARAKURI (Forward Observer) Heavy Shotgun, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (42)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Versus

ASSAULT SUBSECTION

GROUP 1 10 0 2

PENTHESILEA Combi Rifle, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (46)
ATALANTA MULTI Sniper Rifle + 1 Spotbot / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 48)
SPOTBOT Electric Pulse.
ALKÊ Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
THORAKITES Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)
THORAKITES (Forward Observer) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (16)
MACHAON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 39)
EUDOROS Mk12, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 40)
MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (16)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

It was a bit of a strange game. I got second turn. Turn 1 the O-Yoroi advanced and killed my mis-deployed Atalanta (I thought she was out of LOS, but then it turned out she wasn't and took four hits from a HMG) before pushing forward a bit and trying to HFT my Myrmidon link. My opponent misjudged the range and the O-Yoroi was out of template range of everyone except Machaon who passed his dodge ARO. In response Eudoros and the Spitfire Myrmidon managed to kill the TAG instantly, one crit and 3 hits followed by 3 failed saves.

The JSA player pushed Yuriko and the Keisotsu forward a bit, lost the HMG to an ARO from Eudoros and holed up in cover while the Karakuri moved up to take on my Thoraki.

On my turn I killed most of the Keisotsu with the Myrmidons, Penthesilea got shot in the face by a Karakuri on her Impetuous order, and a strange stalemate occurred between the Thoraki and the Karakuri. For the rest of the game they traded B2 chain rifle shots at each other until Machaon ran the whole length of the board to try and revive Alke. He passed the WIP check, on the next action Alke attacked the wounded Karakuri who knocked her out and critted it. The Karakuri exploded and killed Machaon, Alke and another Thoraki. I ended up winning after Eudoros killed most of the Karakuri, but the Thoraki proved less than useless throughout.

EDIT: This picture sums the whole thing up pretty well.

Bob Smith fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 23, 2014

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

That's us. I'm the TO! Combined Army led by Sheskin took the day, and by all accounts the most popular mission was the following:

Please, link or post all of these missions. Looks more interesting than YAMS and not as stringent as ITS.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
February releases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3ksL3W7HI

ed: what the gently caress forum engine, the one loving time I want to embed a video!?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I made some Infinity tokens this weekend.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Pierzak posted:

February releases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3ksL3W7HI

ed: what the gently caress forum engine, the one loving time I want to embed a video!?

Not feeling that balloon head Tohaa fig. Shame.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tentacle Party posted:

Not feeling that balloon head Tohaa fig. Shame.
Me too, I'm hoping it's just an unfortunate photo angle.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it is, there's a few others where it looks a lot better, but in that one it looks like a bloody 40k mini almost.

Deviant, how did that list not bore you shitless?

Bob Smith posted:

The Karakuri exploded and killed Machaon, Alke and another Thoraki.
:Infinity:

That sounds like carnage and great fun.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 24, 2014

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah it is, there's a few others where it looks a lot better, but in that one it looks like a bloody 40k mini almost.

:Infinity:

That sounds like carnage and great fun.

Lookit dat rear end!

:infinity:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

I dunno? Smoke Grenades and Spitfires seemed fun enough to use. ALEPH can't bring that many toys to 150.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Deviant posted:

I dunno? Smoke Grenades and Spitfires seemed fun enough to use. ALEPH can't bring that many toys to 150.
That's fair, but drat that is a linear list. Can't argue if it worked.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

I made some Infinity tokens this weekend.

How did you make those? I printed out the tokens but never found a good, cost-efficient way to put them on bases or such.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

That's fair, but drat that is a linear list. Can't argue if it worked.

That's the problem. It didn't. I thought it was going to. :(

Captain MultiSpectral Visor on OB_Juan's side comedy popped all of them, even through the smoke.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Sephyr posted:

How did you make those? I printed out the tokens but never found a good, cost-efficient way to put them on bases or such.

I bought some 6mm Plexiglas, took it to my local fablab and made a cutting template for 26mm disks using Inkscape and then cut the disks.

The final disks are 25mm, you need to add 1mm for the kerf (a kerf being the material removed by the thing doing the cutting, a saw, a laser, whatever).

I printed out the images on a color printer:

http://imgur.com/WHSxNpO

http://imgur.com/YvEfZJI

http://imgur.com/mZlF1YW

http://imgur.com/SMKUElD

Then used a one inch circular scrap book punch to cut them out.

Easily obtained from your local craft store.

And while you are there pick up Aleene's Glass & Bead adhesive

and Liquitex sealer (I chose matte)

Once you have cut the Plexiglas and the paper punched, apply a thin even coat of the Aleene's glue to the plexi and carefully place the paper against it image side up. Now you have to firmly press them together to get a smooth bubble free join between the paper and the plexi. It will take you a couple of tokens to figure out your optimal amount of glue and how to best get out the air, but after that it is smooth (if repetitive) sailing. Allow the tokens to dry for a few hours then brush on the Liquitex sealer to the back. I only had three tokens "go bad" due to the paper getting saturated and wrinkling after applying the sealer, but even these "ruined" ones are usable for play, I just know they are a little wonky.

If you managed to get any glue on the faced of the token use Goof-off or an equivalent glue/tape residue remover to clean them up.

And that's about it. (FYI - The whole process is based on this tutorial http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/marblemagnets/)

If you don't have access to a fablab, you can buy pre-cut clear tokens from Litko or some other online retailer; but if you can make your own I would do so.

I have plans to make more of these for Necromunda, 40K and possibly Saga. They look great and are incredibly satisfying to make.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

How would you treat it if the LoF to an enemy model is blocked partially by intervening terrain, but the model is not in base contact.

i.e. Jim is behind a low barrier, but not in base contact with it. He doesn't get cover because he's not in contact, but would his shooter get a -3 BS for Low visibility?

I'm looking at the cover guide on page 142, and it seems weird that the 3rd guy gets no cover at all. But maybe that's because I came from 40k.

Edit: Or if, say, you're firing through a bunch of scaffolding that is in between you and the target, but not in base contact with either model?\

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 24, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not unless you've specifically specified that barrier as granting Low Visbility, no.

We have some terrain pieces here with heavy potted plants on the top of them, so we make those low-vis, but a regular wall or barricade? No, no reason to.

The second part is generally down to being clarified before the game begins, so it's up to debate on whether you'd consider it a low-viz zone or not. I actually run a terrain pack for our store here to clarify these issues (Specifically with our own terrain), so it can be worth doing that on your end too. :)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Deviant posted:

How would you treat it if the LoF to an enemy model is blocked partially by intervening terrain, but the model is not in base contact.
Definitely no cover.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Pierzak posted:

Definitely no cover.

It seems like my stuff is getting torn up by AROs while getting *to* cover. Not sure what to do about that. Cautious Movement wouldn't help me because I'd have to end out of LOF.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 24, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sounds like a terrain issue. Can you post any of your tables?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

Sounds like a terrain issue. Can you post any of your tables?

For example, I tried to go up the ramp onto the red/white contraption at the left, and got AROed out between the top of the ramp and the railing, which while a tad short, we've agreed provides cover.

I think I'm going to order a 10 pack of each the large and small shipping containers Warsen.al offers, as they're local to me.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Deviant posted:

It seems like my stuff is getting torn up by AROs while getting *to* cover. Not sure what to do about that.
The answer, as always, is "more cover".

ninja edit: I'd say 70% more than what you have here, especially full LOS blockers, as opposed to low partial cover.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Pierzak posted:

The answer, as always, is "more cover".

ninja edit: I'd say 70% more than what you have here, especially full LOS blockers, as opposed to low partial cover.

Wow, and that table is only 3'x'4. I'm gonna need a lot more stuff.

Shipping containers it is! OB_Juan will be so excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Is there a way to make a gimmick ALEPH all-robot list that's semi-viable at 300pts? Take the Marut as the LT and just a pile of robots?

(Sadly, there's no Remote Engineer, which would be super-helpful). I guess a gimmick list which is mostly robots + a Sophotect could also be acceptable.

• Locked thread