Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

Proposed Budget: $35k at the absolute most
New or Used: New
Body Style: Sedan or Coupe, any size, doesn't matter long as it isn't a leviathan
How will you be using the car?: 99% work/errand commute, less than 8,000 miles a year
What aspects are most important to you? 1) Gizmos like Bluetooth phone and either iPod or phone music connectivity (GPS a plus but not needed). 2) Reliability (assuming it's treated and maintained well, I don't trash my cars). 3) Good quality A/C, because I live in Las Vegas and it get loving hot. 4) Reasonable trunk space (read: not my 328i, which has a fair size trunk but the actual opening is loving rubbish). LED lamps'd be a nice side bonus because I think they look nice :shobon:

I'm specifically beginning to wonder about all-electric cars, partly because I'm a nerd, and partly because I drive so little (and never distances more than, at most, 200mi; that's what airports are for). From website trawling the Nissan Leaf caught my attention, at least (though I'm not doing any test driving until September, when my current lease comes close to ending). I've had friends turn me off of the Chevy(?) Volt, but I haven't done any research myself besides vaguely hearing that it's a plug-in hybrid or something (:confused:) so vOv

(edit) Minor sidenote: I have a slight bias toward looking at Nissan or Infiniti, because of familial connections at a local dealership, though I'm still willing to look elsewhere.

You could gut your BMW 328i, grab a kit from here: http://www.emotorwerks.com/ and make your own electric car. :getin:

... of course, it'll make the trunk issue worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez
I've already test driven some cars & I think the Prius is likely to be my future vehicle. My concern isn't with the maintenance per-se, but the maintenance schedule. I can't find a schedule online that recommends when the water pump / belts / seals should be replaced (I know it's a timing chain). I'm pretty handy when it comes to cars, so doing the fluid flushes, brakes, 12v battery, and other minor things don't concern me, but I'm not doing a water pump job (or equivalent).

My price range puts me in vehicles nearing 100k miles, and I just want to know what to expect so I can better negotiate with the seller. Thanks!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Pretty sure the new prius has no belts to replace. And I think the water pump is "until it breaks." Because of the electric motor, the prius puts a lot less stress on everything. (Though a single leaky water pump is literally the only thing that has broken on my mom's 2 gen 2 priuses one with like 150k when it was totalled and one that currently has like 80k mi.)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

ifuckedjesus posted:

I've already test driven some cars & I think the Prius is likely to be my future vehicle. My concern isn't with the maintenance per-se, but the maintenance schedule. I can't find a schedule online that recommends when the water pump / belts / seals should be replaced (I know it's a timing chain). I'm pretty handy when it comes to cars, so doing the fluid flushes, brakes, 12v battery, and other minor things don't concern me, but I'm not doing a water pump job (or equivalent).

My price range puts me in vehicles nearing 100k miles, and I just want to know what to expect so I can better negotiate with the seller. Thanks!

Wouldn't advise you to do to much loving with unless you get ahold of Toyota's training manual for hybrid powertrains. There are certain things that look like you can touch them but you actually should not since it's very bad for you.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Wouldn't advise you to do to much loving with unless you get ahold of Toyota's training manual for hybrid powertrains. There are certain things that look like you can touch them but you actually should not since it's very bad for you.

That too. Hybrid/electrics cars are the only ones I'd probably just do dealer maintance on. The good news is that the prius costs, even at the dealer are pretty minimal. It barely has maintaince schedule.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Alright looking to buy a new-to-me car. We will be trading in our 2007 Honda CR-V mainly because it doesn't have enough stowage, it can't tow what we want, is underpowered, and is quite frankly a bore to drive.

Proposed Budget: 30,000 or less. Ideally 25,000
New or Used:User
Body Style: (e.g. 2 door? 4 door? Compact/Midsize/Fullsize Sedan? Truck? SUV?) 4-door SUV
How will you be using the car?: We are moving this summer from Texas to Massachusetts. We want to tow our 2006 Honda Accord behind us so we aren't both driving. We don't normally travel with a lot of people. However, we take routine trips with our three dogs (all under 20 pounds), and when you add up our luggage plus all their stuff...it's a lot. Other than that, it will mainly be a daily driver of less than 50 miles a day.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos?)rearview camera, bluetooth phone, aux input for the iphone would all be plusses. A winter package (heated seats, side mirrors) would be nice also.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, cost of maintenance, MPG

My wife is looking towards a Highlander in either the V6 or Hybrid. Others I've come across could maybe be the Grand Cherokee (though it seems there isn't as much stowage as others), and Dodge Durango.

Any advice?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

To two a car? Going to probably need something bigger than what you are looking at to really do it properly.
You shouldn't buy a car based on a 1 time thing though. I'd wait until you move if at all possible. Maybe buy a beater in the mean time.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Why don't you sell the CR-V right before you leave and drive the Accord up? nm is right; don't buy a car for a one-time occurrence. If you really don't want to drive two cars, shipping one will cost you about seven hundred bucks, probably.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Also buying under time pressure is always a negative. I mean you have quite a while.

That said in getting a winter package will be easier/cheaper in a northern state, especially higher end stuff which SUVs generally are. A lot of times some of the minor winter things (like headlight defrost) isn't even mentioned unless you dig deeper, which none of the cars in Texas are going to have.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Why don't you sell the CR-V right before you leave and drive the Accord up? nm is right; don't buy a car for a one-time occurrence. If you really don't want to drive two cars, shipping one will cost you about seven hundred bucks, probably.

I was thinking that-but me, the wife, and three dogs plus stuff that won't go in household goods (guns, jewelry, luggage to get there) just takes up way too much room for my accord.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

nwin posted:

I was thinking that-but me, the wife, and three dogs plus stuff that won't go in household goods (guns, jewelry, luggage to get there) just takes up way too much room for my accord.

Get a uhaul (not actually a uhaul brand, get a penske) and a trailer. This is going to be cheaper than buying the correct vehicle to tow with.

A honda accord is like 3500lbs. A trailer is like 500-1000 lbs.
A highlander v6 will tow 5000lbs. But remember that 5000 lbs is with a completely empty car with one driver. You must subtract the weight of anything in your car, including a passenger from that.
Also, you want to include a margin of error. I might use a highlander to tow a car across tow but no more. It is really just a lifted camry wagon. If there were any hills I'd seriously worry about transmission temps.
To properly tow long distances, you want something BOF with a tow package.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

nwin posted:

My wife is looking towards a Highlander in either the V6 or Hybrid. Others I've come across could maybe be the Grand Cherokee (though it seems there isn't as much stowage as others), and Dodge Durango.

Any advice?
I just wanted to chime in on the V6 Highlander. I know that the others have recommended going with a U-Haul instead of buying a truck for a single-use purpose (and I definitely agree with them), but just giving you my two cents about the Highlander just in case. It's a nice vehicle and it'll give you more room, but holy hell is the V6 dreadful with fuel consumption. Even compared to other trucks I've driven, it's quite bad with fuel. It's really expensive to fill up, and it burns through fuel really quickly. It really surprised me, and not in a good way. The truck was in tip-top shape as well, so there weren't any engine issues that contributed to this. Just something to keep in mind.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4315431330.html

So this 2006 Civic had its engine replaced recently, due to the driver running over a rim (??) on the freeway and it puncturing the oil pan or something like that. So now it has a used engine that the driver claims is newer than the one that was in it. As per the listing and speaking with the owner, he also had a bunch of things replaced while it was in the shop and he has receipts for everything. He said he would let it go at 7400 but I'm gonna try my damnedest to get it down to 7,000. He also said he is cool with taking it to a shop for inspection with me. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this one, any insights?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Definitely noted on the Highlander- I asked the question in AI and someone said it wouldn't be a problem to tow it, but then I asked here and started doing some research and...yeah.

Also, did some more research and if we do go with a highlander, it won't be the hybrid. Seeing the cost difference between that and a V6 surprised me quite a bit, especially when you look at how long you'd have to drive it in order to make up for the cost difference.

I am surprised to hear someone mention bad gas mileage, as the Toyota forums are saying the difference is negligible between the 4cyl and the V6. Though this will probably change, one thing we might consider doing is just shipping my car there, or selling it prior to leaving (it's an 06 accord which is paid off, and I could just get something similar up there).

So doing some more research and figuring things out, it looks like I need to edit my original wants/needs (good thing it's only our second day looking):

New or Used:Used
Body Style: (e.g. 2 door? 4 door? Compact/Midsize/Fullsize Sedan? Truck? SUV?) 4-door SUV
How will you be using the car?: Daily driver through the city of less than 50 miles per day. Probably twice-three times a year expect a trip from Boston to North Carolina where we need lots of storage for the two of us and our three dogs (small dogs, all less than 20 pounds each). We will want something comfortable in the snow, since we're moving up to the Northeast. I know tires play a large part in this as well.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos?)Definitely looking for a rearview camera, sunroof, and bluetooth/iphone input would be a plus.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, cost of maintenance, MPG, cargo space (needs to be more than a CR-V)

Right now we're looking at the Highlander V6, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the Ford Explorer. Thinking the Jeep doesn't make too much sense because we won't use the off-roading features and it's cargo size is onpar with the CR-V.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Have you driven a Highlander? There's not much more room than an Accord, if any. I borrowed both for a few months over the years and it's really just a jacked up sedan.

And really, yappy rat dogs don't take any space that a CUV would help with. More cubic feet doesn't really matter for them, only lateral space, unless you plan on playing dog tetris.

And 99.999_% of Jeep Cherokees (and all SUVs) are only driven offroad to the extent that sometimes you have to park on the grass/gravel when you go to a concert or picnic.

Go test drive some stuff, you seem to be working off numbers online that aren't getting you the whole truth.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

nwin posted:

Definitely noted on the Highlander- I asked the question in AI and someone said it wouldn't be a problem to tow it, but then I asked here and started doing some research and...yeah.

Also, did some more research and if we do go with a highlander, it won't be the hybrid. Seeing the cost difference between that and a V6 surprised me quite a bit, especially when you look at how long you'd have to drive it in order to make up for the cost difference.

I am surprised to hear someone mention bad gas mileage, as the Toyota forums are saying the difference is negligible between the 4cyl and the V6. Though this will probably change, one thing we might consider doing is just shipping my car there, or selling it prior to leaving (it's an 06 accord which is paid off, and I could just get something similar up there).

So doing some more research and figuring things out, it looks like I need to edit my original wants/needs (good thing it's only our second day looking):

How will you be using the car?: Daily driver through the city of less than 50 miles per day. Probably twice-three times a year expect a trip from Boston to North Carolina where we need lots of storage for the two of us and our three dogs (small dogs, all less than 20 pounds each). We will want something comfortable in the snow, since we're moving up to the Northeast. I know tires play a large part in this as well.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos?)Definitely looking for a rearview camera, sunroof, and bluetooth/iphone input would be a plus.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, cost of maintenance, MPG, cargo space (needs to be more than a CR-V)

Right now we're looking at the Highlander V6, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the Ford Explorer. Thinking the Jeep doesn't make too much sense because we won't use the off-roading features and it's cargo size is onpar with the CR-V.

I think you should look into a 2012-13 Dodge Journey V6. The AWD version has similar performance and fuel economy as the Highlander and Explorer V6, the size is similar and if you get the 2 row version there will be huge amounts of rear storage space (the 3 row sacrifices storage space obviously), and you should be able to get one for *much* cheaper than any of your other choices, singificantly less than $25k I would bet.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Drive the CR-V to Mass, ship the Accord, then sell the CR-V.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

IRQ posted:

Have you driven a Highlander? There's not much more room than an Accord, if any. I borrowed both for a few months over the years and it's really just a jacked up sedan.

And really, yappy rat dogs don't take any space that a CUV would help with. More cubic feet doesn't really matter for them, only lateral space, unless you plan on playing dog tetris.

And 99.999_% of Jeep Cherokees (and all SUVs) are only driven offroad to the extent that sometimes you have to park on the grass/gravel when you go to a concert or picnic.

Go test drive some stuff, you seem to be working off numbers online that aren't getting you the whole truth.

My wife had one a while back, but it was an 04 or 05 model. The dogs need some space. Two boston terriers that are 20 pounds a piece and a 10 pound mutt. They're good with going in the back seat though, so I agree with lateral space for em. We usually stash extra poo poo on the bottom area of the backseat.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

an skeleton posted:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4315431330.html

So this 2006 Civic had its engine replaced recently, due to the driver running over a rim (??) on the freeway and it puncturing the oil pan or something like that. So now it has a used engine that the driver claims is newer than the one that was in it. As per the listing and speaking with the owner, he also had a bunch of things replaced while it was in the shop and he has receipts for everything. He said he would let it go at 7400 but I'm gonna try my damnedest to get it down to 7,000. He also said he is cool with taking it to a shop for inspection with me. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this one, any insights?

As long as he has the paperwork for the used engine, and some way to track it, sure. There IS paperwork, right?

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

IRQ posted:

I survived for a year and a half carting around two 40 pound dogs in a two seater Mini Cooper. Dogs really don't require a huge amount of space to haul around especially if they're BFFs with each other, unless you crate them for car rides in which case they would take up more room.

I'd also throw the Kia Sorrento into the ring, my mom's got one that she's had for a few years now and really likes; I think it's a 2012 model. Plenty of cargo space, comes with a ton of gadgetry, and isn't terribly expensive for what you get. Consumer Reports hates them for some reason but my mom hasn't had any issues with hers. My dad was super ultra anti-Kia when my mom was car shopping but now he likes driving the Sorrento better than his Inifinti.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

Claverjoe posted:

As long as he has the paperwork for the used engine, and some way to track it, sure. There IS paperwork, right?

Yeah there's paperwork. I think I'm buying a 2003 Civic EX tomorrow instead, though. Only 92k miles. As long as it checks out with the pre inspection, I'm feeling pretty golden.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

nwin posted:

My wife had one a while back, but it was an 04 or 05 model. The dogs need some space. Two boston terriers that are 20 pounds a piece and a 10 pound mutt. They're good with going in the back seat though, so I agree with lateral space for em. We usually stash extra poo poo on the bottom area of the backseat.

Towing a big sedan through the Appalachians with a V6 Highlander is going to be way more inconvenient and bad than doing something like stashing all 3 dogs in the front passenger seat. Just ship the car.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Uncle Jam posted:

Towing a big sedan through the Appalachians with a V6 Highlander is going to be way more inconvenient and bad than doing something like stashing all 3 dogs in the front passenger seat. Just ship the car.

Oh I'm way past the point of thinking of towing with a highlander now. I realized that was a bad idea.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

So I'm going to be picking up a new car in the next couple months. I want to deal with a specific dealership, but they don't have the specific trim and color I want. Are dealer trades a big deal, or is it a pretty common thing? There's a dealership another 45 minutes away that has what I'm looking for.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

A Proper Uppercut posted:

So I'm going to be picking up a new car in the next couple months. I want to deal with a specific dealership, but they don't have the specific trim and color I want. Are dealer trades a big deal, or is it a pretty common thing? There's a dealership another 45 minutes away that has what I'm looking for.

It's really common. When I bought my car they got one in from another dealer before I'd even signed anything. Only issue you may run into is the other dealer not wanting to give up that particular car, but they can usually get their hands on the exact car you want pretty easily after calling around to a few places.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Dealer trades are no big deal, if you're not buying for a few months just have the dealer order you one.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
So I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2003 Civic EX with 91k miles on it. 7600 out the door seems a little high, but its in good condition and they are giving it a realignment, replacing one of the seats that has damage, and I think putting new tires on it. If anyone wants to advise me against it, speak now or forever hold your peace :)

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

an skeleton posted:

So I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2003 Civic EX with 91k miles on it. 7600 out the door seems a little high, but its in good condition and they are giving it a realignment, replacing one of the seats that has damage, and I think putting new tires on it. If anyone wants to advise me against it, speak now or forever hold your peace :)

I think that's expensive for what it is. It's still a 12 year old car, even though its a Civic. That money could get you a 5 year newer Mazda 3 I bet, or an even more recent Ford Focus. If it's in really great shape and you are getting a brand new set of tires, it's probably OK.

It sounds like you really want a CIvic though, so knock yourself out. It shouldn't be terrible to own.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

Twerk from Home posted:

I think that's expensive for what it is. It's still a 12 year old car, even though its a Civic. That money could get you a 5 year newer Mazda 3 I bet, or an even more recent Ford Focus. If it's in really great shape and you are getting a brand new set of tires, it's probably OK.

It sounds like you really want a CIvic though, so knock yourself out. It shouldn't be terrible to own.

Yeah, basically. I think in theory I am overpaying some amount but I've been looking in the market for a month and finding a post-2,000 Civic for less than 8,000 that isn't "titulo selvaje" or whatever is actually really really loving hard.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Why do you really want that gen Civic? It's not that great.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Why do you really want that gen Civic? It's not that great.

Most cars in my budget (that are reliable) are not that great. I also specifically have a boner for Hondas but I don't like the pre-2000 body types. I actually test drove an '08 Civic the other day and for whatever reason I liked the ride less than the '03-'04 Civics I've driven, although obviously the dashboard and stuff is much cooler.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

an skeleton posted:

Most cars in my budget (that are reliable) are not that great. I also specifically have a boner for Hondas but I don't like the pre-2000 body types. I actually test drove an '08 Civic the other day and for whatever reason I liked the ride less than the '03-'04 Civics I've driven, although obviously the dashboard and stuff is much cooler.

What about a Honda Fit if you really must have a Honda? I'd even argue that an Accord would be a better buy than a 2003 Civic. Also, the two models that I suggested are both reliable and can be found in good shape for $7800. You can get a hell of a nice Ford Focus for almost $8k.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

Twerk from Home posted:

What about a Honda Fit if you really must have a Honda? I'd even argue that an Accord would be a better buy than a 2003 Civic. Also, the two models that I suggested are both reliable and can be found in good shape for $7800. You can get a hell of a nice Ford Focus for almost $8k.

Why an Accord? Not interested in the Fit

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

an skeleton posted:

Why an Accord? Not interested in the Fit

I suggested an Accord because at least for the price premium you're paying you would have a nice car. Civics definitely have a price premium on them, and because of that you can usually get better bang for your buck with another car because everybody thinks Civics are made of magical Japanese metals that will never need service.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

Twerk from Home posted:

I suggested an Accord because at least for the price premium you're paying you would have a nice car. Civics definitely have a price premium on them, and because of that you can usually get better bang for your buck with another car because everybody thinks Civics are made of magical Japanese metals that will never need service.

I see what you're saying but this is the first Civic I've found in my price range with <100k miles and in good condition in my area, so I'm going to snap it up for better or worse I suppose.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

an skeleton posted:

I see what you're saying but this is the first Civic I've found in my price range with <100k miles and in good condition in my area, so I'm going to snap it up for better or worse I suppose.

I like how you've made like 25 posts here asking about cars, then ended up buying an overpriced car from a marginal generation.

I mean, I'm sure it will be fine, and if you like how it drives, who am I to tell you otherwise? It's just funny.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Kinda toying around the idea of maybe selling my Accord and just buying something when I get to New England. It's paid off and I can easily drive it into the ground, but gently caress is it ever boring. It's an 07 Accord Sedan EX-L. Just trying to see what you guys would suggest based on the following:

Proposed Budget: 12,000
Body Style: I'm game for 2-door or 4-door. Most times we go out, it's just my wife and I. If we needed to cart around people, we'd take her SUV. I've driven hatchbacks before and didn't mind them.
How will you be using the car?: Daily driver through the city of less than 50 miles per day.
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos? Main thing is ability to hook up my iphone to charge/play music
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, cost of maintenance, MPG.

I'd like something that is a bit more fun to drive than what I currently own. I'm not opposed to driving a stick, either. I tend to own cars for quite a few years, so reliability it important. As much as I'd love to buy a used BMW, I don't know how I'd afford the maintenance on it.

nwin fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 25, 2014

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Grumpwagon posted:

I like how you've made like 25 posts here asking about cars, then ended up buying an overpriced car from a marginal generation.

I mean, I'm sure it will be fine, and if you like how it drives, who am I to tell you otherwise? It's just funny.

Some people can't be helped. They "want" advice and then when it runs contrary to their emotion they simply don't take it (or argue with you that you're wrong).

What they really want is confirmation bias. And even if they dont' get it they are going to do what they already decided that were going to do.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Does this seem too good to be true? http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4347612312.html

If it's really an RS spec, Edmunds has this priced at $18k private party, but it isn't setting off my usual scam alarms. I don't really want an automatic, so it probably doesn't matter, and I don't know anything about the Sonic, but I do like small fastish cars (I'd love a Fiesta ST, for comparison).

So, any opinions on that listing, and the Sonic/Sonic RS in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Grumpwagon posted:

Does this seem too good to be true? http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4347612312.html

If it's really an RS spec, Edmunds has this priced at $18k private party, but it isn't setting off my usual scam alarms. I don't really want an automatic, so it probably doesn't matter, and I don't know anything about the Sonic, but I do like small fastish cars (I'd love a Fiesta ST, for comparison).

So, any opinions on that listing, and the Sonic/Sonic RS in general?

The RS is just a tape and stripe package, there's nothing of any actual value added. I wouldn't get an auto either especially since the Sonic's manual is a relatively nice 6 speed which is rare in the segment.

EDIT: Oh, I guess the RS also adds disc brakes in the back instead of drums. Measure twice, post once I guess. :downs:

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 25, 2014