Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Endorph posted:

This joke was literally made 100 times within five minutes of the game's title being revealed, Step it up lad.

I don't know enough about waifu simulators for mentally-damaged Japanese men to make a pun on those titles or I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Why are you talking about Katawa Shoujo all the sudden?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Did somebody say Dangan Ronpa?!?!?!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Defiance Industries posted:

I don't know enough about waifu simulators for mentally-damaged Japanese men to make a pun on those titles or I would.

This isn't Persona 4!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Take it to the Star Ocean 4 thread, guys.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Have a bit of a weird question, I'm looking for a sprite sheet in the style of FF1 / 2 of a Blue Mage, I seem to remember seeing one several years ago, but given they weren't an official class until a few years later, I can't seem to locate it anymore. It was vaguely in the style of a red mage. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here, or where I can find it?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ShadeofDante posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSSE78O_BDY

Trailer for the new features for FFX/X-2 HD. I'm actually really excited for this one, and I think it does a good job showcasing what you're getting for $40 USD.

How did they get WORSE voice actors?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

By having the same voice acting, just 10 years later?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The only new voice acting would probably be Last Mission in X-2 unless they voiced it in the first International for some reason.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

By having the same voice acting, just 10 years later?

I played a bit of it recently and that sounds horrible in comparison. They sound like totally different people.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno if it's the same for the English version (I'm sure it is), but it was stated the voice acting would be improved. Much like the remastered tracks I'm sure they fixed up the voice acting clips so they don't sound like they're from 2001 and 2003. It's still the exact same clips, with the exception of Last Order, which I'm sure they got the VAs back for.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Te entire premise of LR is that the story has gotten so stupid that God is remaking a new world so Lightning has to save the souls of people on the old world so they make it to the new one. It's an astounding piece of video game story and should be recorded for years to come.

Can't wait for the Lightning Returns crossover game with Tomb raider and/or Sleeping Dogs.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
You mean like it already is?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Can't wait for the Lightning Returns crossover game with Tomb raider and/or Sleeping Dogs.

Have I got news for you.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Lightning Returns Tomb Raider
Lightning Returns Kane and Lynch
Lightning Returns Soul Reaver

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sex_Ferguson posted:

This isn't Persona 4!

One game milked even harder than FFXIII right here.

Though Persona 4 was better than XIII to be fair.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'd love to hear Ali Hillis speaking Cantonese.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Hmph. Now that I own a Wii U, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't change my FFX HD preorder to get the Vita version. I scarcely play that drat thing these days, and there's no real releases on the horizon that would bring me rushing back to it. They're supposed to look roughly the same, yeah?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you have a Vita, I can't see any reason to not get the Vita version over the PS3 version as they are exactly the same, but the Vita is portable. I guess maybe you might not have enough room for X-2 since that one comes with a download code rather than the PS3 which has both on one disc.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Pasteurized Milk posted:

Lightning Returns Tomb Raider
Lightning Returns Kane and Lynch
Lightning Returns Soul Reaver

They need to make a Hitman Lightning. Bald, barcode tattoo, business suit, and silenced pistol.

Do any of the game's costumes do anything with her hair?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That loving Sned posted:

You'd dare remove the petals of a rose!? What kind of a monster are you!?
:goonsay:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

huh

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

That loving Sned posted:

Outside of sticking an afro in her hair as an accessory, and hats slightly smoothing out her hair, no.

Chose stuff at random for the picture.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

So I finally got my mitts on Final Fantasy V (Advance) and working my way through it. I have two questions:

1: Is there any sort of "Point of No Return" when it comes to getting Blue spells or certain treasure? I'm at a point in the game (just when the huge gently caress off castle bursts out of the ground south of the desert) where I'm noticing every god drat thing I do gets some town or dungeon destroyed in some way.

2: Is there a way to switch to idling characters in battle? I'm sure I remember being able to do it in FFIV by hitting the X button and I don't recall the feature being removed from the GBA port. I know VI (SNES/PSX versions, at least) and onward let you do it somehow.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I'm glad to see that their robust proprietary graphical rendering engines are still just being used to draw sand dunes and rocks under grayish skies.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Mak0rz posted:

So I finally got my mitts on Final Fantasy V (Advance) and working my way through it. I have two questions:

1: Is there any sort of "Point of No Return" when it comes to getting Blue spells or certain treasure? I'm at a point in the game (just when the huge gently caress off castle bursts out of the ground south of the desert) where I'm noticing every god drat thing I do gets some town or dungeon destroyed in some way.

2: Is there a way to switch to idling characters in battle? I'm sure I remember being able to do it in FFIV by hitting the X button and I don't recall the feature being removed from the GBA port. I know VI (SNES/PSX versions, at least) and onward let you do it somehow.

1: No, every ability can be learned in the end game. If you really want to worry about missing anything, there's this Missables Guide to FFV. There's also this guide to getting all the blue magic as soon as it's available

2: You can't switch to the next character in any version of FFV, maybe the IOS one but not the SFC/PSX/GBA version. Instead, defend, make another action, or just risk it.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

I'm glad to see that their robust proprietary graphical rendering engines are still just being used to draw sand dunes and rocks under grayish skies.

It's really bad at sand, there's a monster that kicks it up everywhere and the framerate drops to single digits.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

You can miss some Bard songs if you don't play all the pianos. The relevant point of no return for those comes early on, when you enter the meteor.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Oh yeah, and there's a couple of Summons you can miss at the end of the game. The game will tell you "you won't be able to come back" before letting you go through any PoNR, but up you can walk right up to the final boss and turn around and leave the last dungeon if you want.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bongo Bill posted:

You can miss some Bard songs if you don't play all the pianos. The relevant point of no return for those comes early on, when you enter the meteor.

You can get all the pianos later on, before the final dungeon.

That said, there are two Bard songs that can be missed because the towns you pick them up in can't be re-entered later on in the game. One's in Bartz's hometown, and the other is in Istory.

And there's one late in the game that's only available for a very short window of time. Top of the Library, before you clear the Pyramid.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

W.T. Fits posted:

That said, there are two Bard songs that can be missed because the towns you pick them up in can't be re-entered later on in the game. One's in Bartz's hometown, and the other is in Istory.

Already got those covered.

W.T. Fits posted:

And there's one late in the game that's only available for a very short window of time. Top of the Library, before you clear the Pyramid.

Good to know, thanks!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

pichupal posted:

Outside of sticking an afro in her hair as an accessory, and hats slightly smoothing out her hair, no.

Chose stuff at random for the picture.

Being able to play as Luigi makes up for it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

That loving Sned posted:

Being able to play as Luigi makes up for it.

Well looking forward to Lightning Returns: Super Mario Remake 13

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The Year of Luigi is over. Let the Year of Lightning begin! :unsmigghh:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
They say lightning doesn't strike twice. BUT BOUNCING ON KOOPA HEADS DOES.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Now I'm imagining the fervor that would ensue if Square-Enix put FFXVI, or some similarly numbered mainline Final Fantasy, exclusively on a Nintendo system. I mean sure, there's Monolith Soft's games which are made by former Square employees, but they don't have nearly the amount of clout as Final Fantasy [15+n] exclusively for Nintendo Wii U.

I think it'd be cool. That makes one more game I can play on the thing.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Lightning Returns Valkyrie Profile

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pasteurized Milk posted:

Lightning Returns Valkyrie Profile

That's pretty much what the game is. Tri-Ace even worked on it.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

That's pretty much what the game is. Tri-Ace even worked on it.

Well poo poo.

Lightning Returns Parasite Eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Lightning Country Returns: Tropical Freeze