Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I love these guys. I kind of had a low opinion of them as people for a while after they made some unfortunate comments about Anita Sarkeesian on her videos but after listening to the podcast I've totally come around (Liam's lovely opinions/weird sperging aside). They really know their poo poo on a bunch of things and being former industry insiders makes their insights cool and valid.

I hope something awesome comes out of Matt living with ubisoft's lead animator :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If you can't handle Liam's love of the animes and SoR, I just don't know what to say.

It seems like Matt's hatred for Shadow grows with each successive Spindash Quicklook.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
In today's video intro, Pat goes against his true personality by revealing that he actually is capable of loving his mom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTi7yu9LsuQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

In today's video intro, Pat goes against his true personality by revealing that he actually is capable of loving his mom.

That part in one of the brawlers (Dragon's Crown I think) when some fat goblin lady comes on screen and Matt goes "WOW PAT HOW'D YOUR MOM GET HERE" and there's this pause before he goes "She's always so nice to you" is legit one of the funniest things they've done.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That part in one of the brawlers (Dragon's Crown I think) when some fat goblin lady comes on screen and Matt goes "WOW PAT HOW'D YOUR MOM GET HERE" and there's this pause before he goes "She's always so nice to you" is legit one of the funniest things they've done.

One time they were talking about herand Pat said something like "the worst part is sometimes she'll be talking to me and say something like 'that joke Matt made about me last night was GOLD' and then I don't know how to respond."

Al-Saqr posted:

I... I think Disaster is really boring and it's the first full LP I've dropped in ages. I'm sorry. I'm the rear end in a top hat :negative:

Is this what it's like to be a Deadly Premonition hater?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Live from the Woolie Hole!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km5TbUnItXI

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
In this episode of TBFP, Batman has only one thing on his mind: revenging his parents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TVLOEX3CDY

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

You can see their panties.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

God. I really could use a big bowl of Mac and Cheese.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am torn between enjoying the ever-present fear and incredulity it prompts and the fact that most Gal Gun videos are pretty much the same (granting that I've only seen Giant Bomb, Best Friends, and Kuvo's stream of it).

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy MOLY I thought Yakuza was banana's enough and that's only the first 25% of the game?! and it get's more crazy from there with a whole new character! I gotta play this game asap.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy MOLY I thought Yakuza was banana's enough and that's only the first 25% of the game?! and it get's more crazy from there with a whole new character! I gotta play this game asap.

4 is one of those games with multiple protagonists, so they have 3 more including Taiga.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

If Akiyama was the only character and his part was just a bit longer, I'd still be totally be down with it. Why haven't I heard more of this game?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

Dude the last storyline is the craziest, but after this guy we get OFFICER GRAPPLES.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Smash and EVO destroy best friendships.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z15qn9hYSVw

"What's this National Treasure poo poo we've gotten ourselves into?!"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Every mailbag I dread more and more. This episode has vindicated my fears.

Can't wait to see if it's a serial killer parcel or just a way too nice gift that ruins things tho.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

When Gacha Gacha showed up I thought that'd be the weirdest thing in the mailbag.

Boy. I was wrong.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Man, the sudden and complete silent terror that gripped the room when they received the package simply titled 'PAT. PODCAST 19.' made me cry in laughter.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Why did someone send them eight pounds of cereal marshmallows? What are they even going to do with all that, add them to Cheerios?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

Why did someone send them eight pounds of cereal marshmallows? What are they even going to do with all that, add them to Cheerios?

Matt and Liam are gonna eat em all and have a big ol vomit party at Pat's place.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

loving Liam, you romantic rear end in a top hat. Making the rest of us look bad.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I'll doublepost I don't give a gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeWsPwwALus

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Wow, Seth, you're like the nicest person I've ever heard of. That was amazing.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I love how they go from terrified, thinking this guy had been stalking them their whole lives and stealing poo poo or something, to genuinely moved by how much he cares. Best Mailbag ever.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think Seth is secretly Santa Claus or something.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Woolie getting moved to tears was cool, but the loving Starfox 2 cart is what blew my mind. I actually had to look up to see that people do, in fact, make those carts and sell them on Ebay.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The podcast questions are a trap! They're how people do nice things!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Man I loving love these guys, their just pure passion, genuine reactions and actual good no holds barred talking points is such a huge contrast with other sites I'm finding it real hard to enjoy more 'mature and down to earth' sites like Giantbomb anymore, even supposedly zany guys like the game grumps have lost their luster because I dont feel that they're super genuinely passionate, more like they're just playing everything for the sake of it and going through the motions each time.

I mean, we have just witnessed a man shedding a single tear over getting back the lost gameboy color of his childhood. they ARE videogames.

In other news, I really enjoyed their strider week, I was not prepared however for how loving amazing OSMAN looks like especially for a 16 bit game, it's as if you took the entire team of bayonetta, gave them pastel colors and transported them back to the SNES era and told them to go hog wild. Also the new strider looks loving awesome so I'll probably get that.

also their playthrough of 'I have no mouth' was great, I'm kinda bummed they didn't do a perfect run, and they kinda got lost and made some baaad choices here and there but overall I really enjoyed their college level psycho-analysis they'd do.

and Yakuza keeps bringing home the goods. Wood chipping a block of wood instead to remember moves instead of a goddamn camera. Fantastic.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Silentman0 posted:

Woolie getting moved to tears was cool, but the loving Starfox 2 cart is what blew my mind. I actually had to look up to see that people do, in fact, make those carts and sell them on Ebay.

Both of those were definitely the best mailbag moments so far, right up there with Liam's package full of glitter.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

and Yakuza keeps bringing home the goods. Wood chipping a block of wood instead to remember moves instead of a goddamn camera. Fantastic.

Matt's pure bafflement by the game is great. The "No, shut up!"s just keep getting more and more funny.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 24, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am sorry for not believing you, guy who said that Y4's revelation's were way weirder than 3's. I was unimpressed by Akiyama's for the most part, but Saejima loving brings the thunder.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Matt, Woolie and Liam tackle (slight pun intended) Pokemon Nuzlocke run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reB41G9Y1TM. Mad props for editing out all the grinding.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

PiedPiper posted:

Matt, Woolie and Liam tackle (slight pun intended) Pokemon Nuzlocke run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reB41G9Y1TM. Mad props for editing out all the grinding.

The hype at the end made me look up and listen to this terrible song I cant stop listening to.

Pokemon: My Best Friends

Ahhhh... mid ninties shlock pop, how I have missed you.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

In the Season finale of TBF, Matt goes fuckin' BANANAS

I've never seen matt so worked up.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Pat has written that "the following week will have at least 3 mailbag videos". I don't know if that's a great thing or the greatest thing. Only time will tell.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

PiedPiper posted:

Pat has written that "the following week will have at least 3 mailbag videos". I don't know if that's a great thing or the greatest thing. Only time will tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADs6l9E0HyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjOWt1rBw1E

YOU FUCKERS WANT BOXES? YOU'RE GETTING BOXES!

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 6, 2014

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Silentman0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjOWt1rBw1E

YOU FUCKERS WANT BOXES? YOU'RE GETTING BOXES!

In which the TBFP fans finally drive the Zaibatsu off the deep end.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

That's what Liam gets instead of a plaque for being Employee of the Month.

TWO OF THEM. THEY SENT TWO OF THEM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

God that Dio Brando valentine card was amazing. Wish I had thought of that.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 7, 2014